Adding a value using external formula #2

Basically I want a formula to just add the value of one cell and plac
it in another. This will then be added to whatever value is already i
the cell that you are adding data into.

I completely understand that this might seem pointless, but there ar
literally hundreds of cases where I'd have to change formulas. Firstl
I'm really not willing to do this, but also as this is for a shedulin
system there will be a new worksheet each week. If I can use this sor
of thing to use a reference from just one sheet and add it to eac
sheet as it goes, instead of adding the same data every single time i
will not only decrease file size (at the moment it takes approximatel
30 seconds to save), but it will also increase performance. As i
stands there have been occasions where it has taken a couple of second
just to update from value changes

--
altitude2
altitude2k's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1506

relative reference to previous sheet in formulas?

Adding hyperlinks with parameters

Export DataTable to XML using XSL file
Hi I'd like to get a populated datatable, create an in memory xml document (file shouldn't be more than a couple of meg), load an XSLT file, do a transform and stream it to a browser. What am I Missing please? MemoryStream strm = new MemoryStream(); XmlWriter writer = XmlWriter.Create(strm); DataTable dataTbl = new myBLL().GetAll(); dataTbl.WriteXml(writer); // Load the style sheet. XslCompiledTransform xslt = new XslCompiledTransform(); xslt.Load(Server.MapPath("~/docs/Accounts.xsl")); // Execute the transform and output the results to a file. xslt.Transform(?, f...

Out of Office Assistant Missing #2
My "Out of Office assistant" is missing from the Tools bar and I cannot figure out how to set up an away message with out this. The Outlook Help indicates that I need the assistant to set up an away message. Does anyone know how to fix this? Thank you! Are you connecting to an Exchange Server as this is a pre-requisite, if not you can emulate it to a degree using the Rules Wizard. What version of Exchange! "Andriana" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:46ad01c4892e$556f3970$a301280a@phx.gbl... > My "Out of Office assistant"...

Error message in publisher #2
When i open my document i get an error message but it doesn't tell me what the problem is. The message reads: Publisher has detected a problem in the file you are trying to open. If you are certain that this file came from a trusted soruce and does not contain harmful information click ok. If you received this file from another person or machine and are not sure that the contents are safe click cancel. I can open the file but the message comes up every time. If it told be what the problem was that it detected - then maybe i could fix it. I do know that since the problem started i ...

Cell refering filename in formula bar
How do you refer filename1 to a cell in the formula bar? Example: ='\\Year 2004\September\[_filename1_.xls]sheet1'!$A$1 A | B | C 1 | | 2 | filename1 | 3 | | 4 | | ="\\Year 2004\September\["_B2_".xls]sheet1'!$A$1 will not work -- yee ve ----------------------------------------------------------------------- yee ven's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1479 View this thread: http://www.excel...

Using COUNTIF in multiple wooksheets
I am trying to use countif to count the word "complete" in a range on mulitple wooksheets. I select my range and then hold shift to select other worksheets to include but it comes up with #value. When I do it with one worksheet it works fine. Help would be appreciated. Thanks Kevin COUNTIF does not work with multiple sheets First put a list with all sheets in a range on the summary sheet, assume you have 10 sheets you can put ALL their sheet names in for instance H1:H10, assume you want to count in the range A1:A10 in those sheets =SUMPRODUCT(COUNTIF(INDIRECT("'...

How to use variables in ranges?
can someone please explain to me how to use a variable in a rang reference? example: > > maxpolines = Application.CountIf(Worksheets("P > Data").Range("A2:A500"), srcponum) > > ...some autofilter logic.... > > Worksheets("PO Data").Select > tottoinv = Evaluate("=SUBTOTAL(9,C2:C500)") The above yields the results i want. but i would like to replace "C500 with some reference to the maximum lines as identified b 'maxpolines'. the macro recorder produced "=SUBTOTAL(9,R[-14]C:R[-1]C)". This synta looks li...

using ISP mail server?
I have a website and naturally use the hosting company's mail server. Recently, I had a few boucebacks and technical support suggested using my ISP's server. I don't know if I can do that and keep the same mail accounts. It would be silly if I had to use emails not ending in our domain name. I don't see how it would work, but I don't see a lot of things. Any thoughts? Thanks, Peter Not an Outlook issue - I would suggest talking to your hosting company for answers to how their mail server would work with your domain mail. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all...

Microsoft Office 2008 product key/commercial use.
Hi, I recently purchased a copy of Office 2008 home and student edition, but intend to use the programme to generate income; I realised that this is not possible due to the non-commercial license of home and student so I purchased a copy of the Special Media Edition. I removed Home and Student from my mac and then installed Special Media Edition and have not been asked for a CD Key. As it stands, can I now use the programme for commercial use? On 6/25/08 12:16 PM, in article 24E67F13-5068-4B7F-B295-E859F0B1D3F8@microsoft.com, "macuser" <macuser@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Outlook 2003 changes the outgoing account when unable to send by selected account #2
Hello everyone. I have a problem with outlook 2003. I have multiple email accounts. When outlook is unable to send an email by the default account or another account I selected, tries to send my email by another account and doesn't warn me about that. Does anyone know how I can set outlook not to change the outgoing account without warning? Thanks ...

Why formula doesn't change on column insertion?
Hello: I know I will feel stupid when I hear the answer, but... If I have a formula ( =average(a1:a5) ), and I insert a new column, the formula, being relative, changes to ( =average(a1:a6) ). This works fine in a test. BUT I have a working spreadsheet in which inserting a column does *not* change the relative formula. Why? I can't see anything different in my working spreadsheet... -- Fred Boer Never mind - resolved. -- Fred Boer "Fred Boer" <fredboer1@NOyahooSPAM.com> wrote in message news:uin$VfrDIHA.5160@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hello: > >...

Coping Formulas
I have put a conditional format formula to high light duplicate entries. The problem is for each cell it has changed the range values in the formula. In order for it to work I need the ranges to stay the same as in the first cell. It works if I manually go to each cell and change the ranges in the conditional format, but there are a lot of rows and I don't want to go to each one. Thanks for any help. Chance hi, try this go to the cell which contains the correct formula for your conditional formatting, in the conditional formatting dialog window change the cell reference to fo...

ADDING A NUMBER

adding new records

Using Concatenate function to generate text in Text Box
I would like to have a text box on my chart, whose text is generated by concatenating the values from two different cells (B4 and B6) on a specific worksheet in my Excel file. I was able to use a reference to cell B4 to generate the text for my text box using the following formula: ='SSTyp-AllD'!$H$4 However, when I try to enter either of the following formulas for the text box text: =concatenate('SSTyp-AllD'!$H$4, 'SSTyp-AllD'!$H$6) ='SSTyp-AllD'!$H$4 & 'SSTyp-AllD'!$H$6 I get the error message "The text you entered is not a valid refe...

freeze values
XL2000 I made a sheet that helps me do estimates based on several different products and lengths. everything works perfectly but one little detail When I input some sizes, excel does its thing, and give me all the information in six separate cells. Problem is, in six cells just below I need to estimate basically the same product but with different sizes when I change the sizes all of the information changes on the first six cells Question is there away to freeze the first six cell information before I change the size for the next size cells Hi Alan AFAIK only be "removing&qu...

When adding attachments...

How do I exclude data using the IIF statement in report builder
I have data in my dataset that I want to exclude in the average calculation for the final report (those with a key.value of 999). Here is how my statement is written but it is not returning any value. What am I doing wrong? =iif((Fields!MeasureID.Value = 1 or Fields!MeasureID.Value = 16) and NOT Fields!Key.Value = 999, round(Avg(Fields!CY_Rate.Value),0), iif((Fields!MeasureID.Value = 19 or Fields!MeasureID.Value = 20 or Fields!MeasureID.Value = 21 or Fields!MeasureID.Value = 22 or Fields!MeasureID.Value = 23 or Fields!MeasureID.Value = 24) and NOT Fields!Key.Value = 999, roun...

print 2 or 4 charts per page in excel 2000
Hi, I have created a number of one page charts, each of which are located as seperate sheets in one excel workbook. I would now like to print 2 or 4 charts per page. However, I am unable to do so. Do you know of automated way which would allow this to be done. Your help would be appreciated. Regards, Ashish Ashish - The easiest way to do this would be to embed your charts in one or more worksheets: right click on the chart, choose Location, then pick As Object and select a sheet from the list. Then size and position them so two or four charts fit into a printed page of the workshee...

Incorrect Account Value
I'm using money 2003 and it seems that my account values for my investment accounts are incorrect. When I look in my portfolio the stocks and cash add up to the total account value (this figure is correct), but when I look at the totals on the main accounts list page the # is quite different. I understand that this number is coming from the account value total which is displayed when you click on view invetment transactions within each account, but this # is incorrect. Any suggestions?? Thanks! In microsoft.public.money, E M wrote: >I'm using money 2003 and it seems th...

Make Outlook 2003 default to and use Large Text size in incoming HTML messages.
How can I make Make Outlook 2003 default to and use Large Text size in incoming HTML messages. -- "J. J." JDJ <jj@invalid.invalid> wrote: > How can I make Make Outlook 2003 default to and use Large Text size in > incoming HTML messages. I would think that the sender controls the text size for incoming HTML messages. -- Brian Tillman On the View Drop Down of an open message window there is a Text Size menu bar which when you mouse on it gives you 5 choices. I just want it to default to largest so I don't have to go through that with each new message I read. ...