adding a row to a file will not add line to linked files

Is there a way to instruct linked sheets/workbooks to add a row when creating
new rows on a master list workbook
--
Regards
Bilcat1

excel links in word docs
sometimes when I have an excel worksheet linked in a word doc the fonts look and print different. I ahve checked and the font is set to the same ariel 11 in both, but the text in the excel part of the doc lools and print like it is streched out. any ideas? Hi jnine, That can happen if the Height/Width scaling of the embedded Excel object has been changed from the default scaling. -- Cheers macropod [Microsoft MVP - Word] "jnine" <jnine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1E90C143-EB7D-4B27-B203-7BB7A173073B@microsoft.com... > sometimes ...

PST File issues
On "old" computer running Outlook 2002. Exported PST file AND made a copy of it with Outlook closed. On "new" computer. Installed Outlook 2002, the ran upgrade to 2003. Tried to do an import from 2002 pst using both the exported one and the copied one, got error " Operation failed. Object could not be found". I noticed the profile created when I did the upgrade made an "old" style pst (ansi). I tried to create a second, unicode pst but the only option I get when I try to create a datafile is to create a "Business Contact Manager...

Adding hyperlinks with parameters

Export DataTable to XML using XSL file
Hi I'd like to get a populated datatable, create an in memory xml document (file shouldn't be more than a couple of meg), load an XSLT file, do a transform and stream it to a browser. What am I Missing please? MemoryStream strm = new MemoryStream(); XmlWriter writer = XmlWriter.Create(strm); DataTable dataTbl = new myBLL().GetAll(); dataTbl.WriteXml(writer); // Load the style sheet. XslCompiledTransform xslt = new XslCompiledTransform(); xslt.Load(Server.MapPath("~/docs/Accounts.xsl")); // Execute the transform and output the results to a file. xslt.Transform(?, f...

Scrolling rows
Ok, don't laugh. I want to know how to set up a row that will stay at the top of the screen when I scroll down the spreadsheet. An example would be Name, address, city, state, zip. I want to be able to keep these cells at the top when I scroll down looking at the data. Does this make sense? Thanks, C- If your Headings are in Row 1, click into Cell A2. Then go to Window | Freeze Panes. tj "C-" wrote: > Ok, don't laugh. I want to know how to set up a row that will stay at the top > of the screen when I scroll down the spreadsheet. An example would be Name, > ...

ADDING A NUMBER

adding new records

Linking to a Password Protected Document in Excel 2000
I have a document that is password protected. I also have a file that references the protected files for many of the its formulas. Each time I open the file and update the links I am prompted multiple times (once for each cell reference to the protected file) for the password. Is there any setting so that a user is only prompted once for the password to a reference file that is protected? I know that one option is just to copy the tabs from my referencing file into the protected file, but it would be nice to keep the documents separate. Thanks, Andrew One option might be to disable th...

When adding attachments...

Error when add New User #2
Hi, dont know when it happened. When I add new user to production MSCRM 4, there is an error message (An error Has occurred.....). However, when I try to add this user to my test CRM, it can successfully add without any problem. Both servers are running the same spec and version. I tried to add different users to production but all failed. I have set the deverror to ON but the error message still appear as An error has occurs. Apart from that, I have used CRM diagostic Tool but cannot see anything unusual from the log. I have even run the repair but effort is all wasted. Please He...

windows xp file name convertion question
I have windows xp and office xp professonal. I have several folders with many many files in them. Is there anyway I can import the file names, not the files themselves into excel. You can use code like this Here is a macro example from Dave Peterson Try it in a new workbook Change the folder myPath = "c:\data" Sub testme() Dim myFiles() As String Dim fCtr As Long Dim myFile As String Dim myPath As String 'change to point at the folder to check myPath = "c:\data" If Right(myPath, 1) <> "\" Then myPath = myPath &am...

In Excel I have a workbook, and want to select all blank rows for.
I have a worksheet with around 19,000 rows, some of which are blank. It's a price list I do regularly. How can I select all blank rows and then delete them. It will take hours to do them all manually. Hi see: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/deleting.htm#DeleteBlankRows -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "HANDY ANDY" <HANDY ANDY@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:FC815E8C-813A-48EA-94A3-26E8B22F8EB4@microsoft.com... > I have a worksheet with around 19,000 rows, some of which are blank. It's a > price list I do regularly. How can ...

Finally, a SIMPLE solution for Excel file Consolidation
After reading about everyone's search for a consolidation program for Excel sheets and replying to individual posts I decided to create a new topic to let everyone know about a BRAND NEW consolidation software on the market. After 10 years of production a new standard in the way Excel files are consolidated is finally here!! www.quartermain.com The following 4 features make up the heart and soul of Consolidate! Consolidation is Automatic -------------------------- * Whole Spreadsheets merged across files * No linking formulas, macros, add-ins, or programming * Stand alone application, ...

Adding ActiveX to dialog with wrapper

Money cannot creare a temporary file in 'C:\Documents and Settings\[USER]\Local Settings\Temp'
Hi, I just started to get this kind of error message when I make bakups with my Money 2003 Deluxe: "Money cannot creare a temporary file in 'C:\Documents and Settings\[USER]\Local Settings\Temp'". I checked the folder mentioned and my WinXP user account has the privilges on that folder (as it is supposed to have). How I can solve it? Thank in advance. Di Fresco Marco > I just started to get this kind of error message when I make bakups with my > Money 2003 Deluxe: > "Money cannot creare a temporary file in 'C:\Documents and > Settings\[USER]\Local...

Adding alternate columns

how can I convert a XLS file into a CSV file
I have a program that uses CSV files. when I need to adapt the configuration, i open it in excell and save it as a xls file, but xls files are not accepted in my program. When I save my XLS file as CSV I receive a message and I can't use this new file in my program. Until now I have used a free trial program to convert between CSV and XLs, but I think it is very expensif. You save it in Excel as a CSV (Something.csv). You then close the file, go into Explorer and rename it to .txt (Something.txt). You have to be sure that you are using the correct character count, file setup etc...

Merge and Center Multiple Rows
I have two rows of numbers. After doing some comparisons, I want to send this spreadsheet to the customer with JUST the value for each column that we want them to see. Currently, we are going to the two side-by-side columns, deleting the number that we don't want them to see, then highlighting both cells and clicking on the merge and center button on the toolbar. This is all fine and dandy if you're doing one or two rows of data....but we've got pages and pages we have to do this to. My question is two-fold - I know about the STUPID error "The cell reference for a merged c...

Adding fields from a different query

CRichEditCtrl with links
Hiya, I'm using VC++ 6.0 and trying to get a CRichEditCtrl (Rich Edit 2.0) to handle links, which is a bit tricky... I've figured out how to set CFE_LINK and get EN_LINK notifications. So far all is good and well. However 1) When I save the contents (StreamOut) the attribute isn't saved, thus if I StreamIn it back, the link's gone. Is there a way to make the link persistent? 2) I am using arbitrary links (ie not EM_AUTOURLDETECT) and would like to find a way to associate the link with a destination. Any ideas how to accomplish that? I've tried making hidden text, but i...