Added value to cell

Cell u4 has a set date in it I would like cell u8 to register this date plus
1 but if cell u4 is blank then u8 is to be blank.
ie U4 = 20/10/05
U8 = 21/10/05
if U4 blank
U8 is blank
0
bbc1 (29)

Sorry forgot to add that this will be used in mutiple cells in column U

"bbc1" wrote:

> Cell u4 has a set date in it I would like cell u8 to register this date plus
> 1 but if cell u4 is blank then u8 is to be blank.
> ie U4 = 20/10/05
> U8 = 21/10/05
> if U4 blank
> U8 is blank
0
bbc1 (29)
10/22/2005 1:39:01 AM
=if(u4="","",u4+1)

Format the cell as a date.

--

Dave Peterson
0

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

> =if(u4="","",u4+1)
>
> Format the cell as a date.
>

> bbc1 wrote:
> >
> > Cell u4 has a set date in it I would like cell u8 to register this date plus
> > 1 but if cell u4 is blank then u8 is to be blank.
> > ie U4 = 20/10/05
> > U8 = 21/10/05
> > if U4 blank
> > U8 is blank
>
> --
>
> Dave Peterson

0
bbc1 (29)

Cell refering filename in formula bar
How do you refer filename1 to a cell in the formula bar? Example: ='\\Year 2004\September\[_filename1_.xls]sheet1'!$A$1 A | B | C 1 | | 2 | filename1 | 3 | | 4 | | ="\\Year 2004\September\["_B2_".xls]sheet1'!$A$1 will not work -- yee ve ----------------------------------------------------------------------- yee ven's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1479 View this thread: http://www.excel...

Adding hyperlinks with parameters

ADDING A NUMBER

freeze values
XL2000 I made a sheet that helps me do estimates based on several different products and lengths. everything works perfectly but one little detail When I input some sizes, excel does its thing, and give me all the information in six separate cells. Problem is, in six cells just below I need to estimate basically the same product but with different sizes when I change the sizes all of the information changes on the first six cells Question is there away to freeze the first six cell information before I change the size for the next size cells Hi Alan AFAIK only be "removing&qu...

adding new records

click on a cell to expand with more information
I am making a phone contact record for work. How can I make a cell (with a customers name in it) expose more details or information about that customer, when hovered over with the pointer? I also need to know how to enter the information to be viewed. 2nd question - How do I create a line between multiple entries for the same customer and the next customer? example: John Doe 05/05/05 123-456-7891 9:00 left message John Doe 05/08/05 123-456-7891 9:30 left message John Doe 05/08/05 123-456-7891 10:00 returned call _____________...

Count cells that Contain text
Is there a way in excel to count the number of cells in a colum tha contain a specific piece of text, e.g. "ACT" I know that I can use the countif or sumproduct functions to coun cells which *only* contain "ACT" but I need to count the number o cells in a column which countain ACT but may also contain other text a well. You can manually do it using autofilters but I need to count it using formula. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Ta And -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com =COUNTIF(Range,"*ACT*") -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private...

When adding attachments...

Incorrect Account Value
I'm using money 2003 and it seems that my account values for my investment accounts are incorrect. When I look in my portfolio the stocks and cash add up to the total account value (this figure is correct), but when I look at the totals on the main accounts list page the # is quite different. I understand that this number is coming from the account value total which is displayed when you click on view invetment transactions within each account, but this # is incorrect. Any suggestions?? Thanks! In microsoft.public.money, E M wrote: >I'm using money 2003 and it seems th...

multiple value choices for If range().value = "xxx"
The macro below runs on worksheet change and works properly. However, I have 5 values to examine in column H. The values are: Split, Payday 1, Payday 2, Payday 3, and Payday 4. Any of these choices should result in unlocking and clearing the cells in that row (first part of if statement). Otherwise, the range 'pasterage' is copied to that row and it is locked again. I can't find the proper syntax (if there is any) to say something like is possible in SQL (if ...value in ("Split","Payday 1",...)) Please advise on the best way to go about this. ...

Adding ActiveX to dialog with wrapper

merging cells #3
Hi, I got an Excel file from a friend where I combined two columns, area code and phone number. Everything works in Excel, except that the rows and column lines are grey and not black. Outlook does not see the new column. What could be the problem? Thanks AJS Solved it. "AJS" <newsgroup@sorga.com> wrote in message news:%232OPgj%23dJHA.4900@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... | Hi, | I got an Excel file from a friend where I combined two columns, area code | and phone number. | Everything works in Excel, except that the rows and column lines are | grey and not black. | Outlook does n...

Adding alternate columns

delete first two words in a cell
hi, can someone tell me how i manage to delete the first two words in cell? eg. July 24: info prodid4775 gorass andreas -should become- info prodid4775 gorass andreas or is it possible to extract every word beginning at the third one? i was playing around with some code i found at excel tip: =IF(ISERR(FIND(" ",A1)),A1,LEFT(A1,FIND(" ",A1)-1)) it is supposed to extract the first word of A1. for some reason i only get an error message. i am working with excel 2002. hope someone can help me out greetz f -- flashing fran ------------------------------------------------...

Adding fields from a different query

Extracting a list of individual values created with sum of values
Hello All, The following code sums values created using 2 ^ n for various invalid data. There is a method of then extracting the individual values from the summed total to identify the individual messages. I can’t remember how to do this and have not been successful in finding it so any help will be appreciated. I know there are other ways of creating the list of messages but I particularly want the code for this method. (The code below is simply an example. What I am really after is code to create an individual number to use as an argument/parameter in a different situation....

Accessing Picklist Values from Report
I am wondering if it is possible to (and if so, how) to access all possible values in a picklist attribute for a report. Obviously if I'm looking at any given object I see only the value with is currenlty selected for the picklist. But all the values for that picklist attribute have to be SOMEWHERE in a database table right? If anyone can send me in the right direction I would appreciate it. Debra You can use MetadataWebservice to get the picklist values. Sample code ========= EntityMetadata accmd = MetadataService.RetrieveEntityMetadata("account",EntityFlags...

Returning controls to their Original values
In a control on one of my forms, if a user tries to enter values that already exist in the data table (duplicates) , I have a messagebox appear telling them the record already exists. My problem is thereafter, I want Access to return to the original values that were present in the control before the user tried to enter different ones. How can I do this? <trekgoes2malaysia@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:0a14334f-eb16-4893-a8a8-aeaf6812ddf6@l16g2000hsh.googlegroups.com... > In a control on one of my forms, if a user tries to enter values that > already exist in the data table...

null default values on a form
Hi, bet this question has been asked before: i have created a form so a user can add new records and edit existing ones. For editing purposes my form also has a search drop down by a record number. When i open the form it always shows me the first record from the table, but i just want it to be copmletely blank until a user choses his record for editing. If i change Form properties (Data Entry =Yes) it works but Search function does not work at all. Thanks Mike "Mikhail Bogorad" <mikhail.bogorad@gmail.com> wrote in message news:435afcee-9744-4f5e-8f95-232efa00c...

AD Monitoring
Is there a listing somewhere of what all components in AD should be minitored, thresholds, etc...we are evaluating a monitoring solution and need this information to take a decision on the product to use Hello Sameer, For performance start here: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc961943.aspx Also see: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb727046.aspx Use the included links from: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc739728(WS.10).aspx Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and c...