Add target to trend chart

I've created a chart trending our company's daily rank over time. We have a
specific rank as a target goal, and I'd like that to appear as a flat line on
the chart, so we know how far we have to go. How can I get such a line,
without having to populate a new column with the same number?

Thanks
0
Patience (6)

Two options,

1) Simply draw a line where your target is at using the drawing toolbar.
2) Add an additional series to your chart containing two points.  The X
value of the points indicates the length of your line.  The Y values should
be set to your target.

"Patience" <Patience@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I've created a chart trending our company's daily rank over time. We have
> specific rank as a target goal, and I'd like that to appear as a flat line
> on
> the chart, so we know how far we have to go. How can I get such a line,
> without having to populate a new column with the same number?
>
> Thanks

0
nuraq (11)

Adding data that is not graphed to chart
I have a few existing charts that show percent compliance by category by quarter. There are seven categories on each chart. Is there a way to add the "n" to the chart as a label? I have the sample sizes for each category by quarter in a separate spreadsheet. Is this even possible? Hi, You could add a textbox or use a spare built-in title box, such as Category or Value axis title. These can either be edited manually or be linked to cells. http://www.andypope.info/tips/tip001.htm Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "mellermj&quo...

Add Lookup Fields to Entity

Excel Add Ins

How do I change the source worksheet for 100 charts automatically.
I have a worksheet with 100 charts that source a set of five worksheets, financial forecast A. I create several forecasts (sets of 5 worksheets) and copy over worksheet with 100 charts, but the charts reference financial forecast A when I want them to source from financial forecast B. To change the chart source to financial forecast B, I now have to open each chart and change the source from A to B. Is there a way to do this automatically, similar to the edit, find, replace function for data in cells? Hi, You would need to write VBA code to do this. Given you know what the value is...

Add on

POS 2009 Add-In: Populating a Task Pad

Logarithm scaling for charts
When using logarithmic scaling for charts the scaling interval is given in powers of 10 (1, 10, 100, 1000 etc). I want to be able to change the scaling interval to show data at a smaller log. interval (e.g. between 100 and 200). This is not at present possible in Excel but it would be extremely useful. vroomvondel wrote: > When using logarithmic scaling for charts the scaling interval is given in > powers of 10 (1, 10, 100, 1000 etc). I want to be able to change the scaling > interval to show data at a smaller log. interval (e.g. between 100 and 200). > This is not at present p...

Add-in cannot be loaded OL07

Stack Bar Charts
I have yearly information that I would like to graph in a stacked bar chart. I have years 2005 to present Two companies I am comparing with two variables for each company each year. I would like to have the stack bar chart by year reflect the stack of Co A vs Co B on variable 1 + 2. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. You want a clustered-stacked chart: http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/clustered-stacked-column-charts/ http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/clustered-stacked-bar-charts/ - Jon ------- Jon Peltier Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://peltiertech.com/ Sean wrote: > ...

Format text to add character

Chart axis custom date format
Dear all! Excel 2003, charting. On Y axis I have scale from 0 to 7, and when I go to "format axis- number-custom" I can input formula "[Blue][<4]#.###,0;[Red][>4]#.###, 0;#.###,0" which colors the scale as I would like. On X axis I have dates (1.jan.06, 1.feb.06, 1.mar.06....1.jun.08). Is it possible to write similar formula as above on x axis - for instance if date is less than 1.jan.07 then color it red, if less than 1.jan 08 than color it blue? This would allow to have on X axis only date format "mmm" and the colors would help differentiate between yea...

Add File menu to custom toolbar

programatically change chart
I am using powerpoint to programatically create slides displaying MS GRaph Charts. I am using .NET and C#. I am having trouble location help for this topic. My questions are: 1. I want to programatically change the direction of the Category Axis. I wish to rotate them so they are upright instead of on their side. How can I do this? objCatAxis.TickLabels.Orientation = Graph.XlTicklabelOrientationUpWard does not seem to be working. 2. I am having trouble defining colors for my charts. It seems to be happening automatically. I want to control which colors get displayed. I wish to do this pro...

Paste chart to word-lose bold type
When I paste my chart into msword, the bold type on the x and y axis is lost, though the title remains in bold. Kate, After copying, open Paint and paste it there. From Paint copy it again and paste it in Word. The format will remain. Regards, Jaleel "kate" wrote: > When I paste my chart into msword, the bold type on the x and y axis is lost, > though the title remains in bold. ...

add a DC in a LegSite

excel add-ons

Drawing Objects disappear from charts
My question has to do with Excel 2003 Home Basic edition. After adding a text box or lines to a chart, the objects disappear when I click outside the chart. They reappear when I then click on the chart. Also, if I move the chart, the objects appear on the worksheet. How do I "attach" the objects to the chart without Grouping them? Grouping them works, but seems cumborsome to use if I want to make changes to the format or data series. On Feb 19, 3:22 pm, Dave <D...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > My question has to do with Excel 2003 Home Basic edition. > >...

how to chart who was working when
Hi there, I'm looking for some help in producing a chart. My organization has hired about 100 folks since 1991, each on contracts of varying lengths of time. Some peoples' contracts have ended, and some have been renewed. I set up some worksheets inputting their names, start and end dates with the intent of producing a graph that will tell me exactly how many people were working for us at one time, based upon 6 month intervals. For example: John Doe 7/29/91 - 3/31/05 Jane Doe 6/21/94 - 2/20/96 Jake Doe 8/2/01 - 4/18/03 I would like a chart that can tell me how many people w...

Broken lines in a chart to display extreme values?
Sometimes a single extreme value causes the rest of the data to become too small, like a bar chart of the values (10000, 4, 3, 2, 4, 5). The way to avoid is to use broken lines where the axis makes a leap from 10 to 9990 with a dotted gap inbetween. I couldn't find a way to implement this in Excel. Is there a way? Hi, It is not a built in option but can be constructed. http://www.andypope.info/charts/brokencolumn.htm Cheers Andy Metin Örsel wrote: > Sometimes a single extreme value causes the rest of the data to become too > small, like a bar chart of the values (10000,...

buble chart
I want to take data from excell or a Database to create a buble chart. One piece of Data would determin the size of the Circle. another piecie of data determin the location location of the circle on the sheet- Can it be done? we spell it a little different. Try over here http://blogs.msdn.com/visio/archive/2007/02/06/introducing-the-bubble-chart.aspx "Brent" <sagemaster@mvdsl.com> wrote in message news:uLTAeOZkHHA.5084@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... >I want to take data from excell or a Database to create a buble chart. One >piece of Data would determin the size of...

Map Add-On?