Add Sub to Button Bar

Is it possible to add a button to the bar at the top and have it run a SUB I
wrote? I have several SUBs that I have to run on many different spreadsheets
and I get tired of having to attach the module and then run it. It would be
so much easier if I could add a button like Adobe does.
0
Stanley1 (40)

Do you have your modules in personal.xls?  If so, then it is easy to run
them from a toolbar.

Right click on the toolbar and choose Customize from the popup menu
In the dialog, navigate to the Commands tab
In the left panel select Tools
In the right panel scroll to the bottom and choose one of the Custom icons
Drag the icon up to the toolbar and drop it ON THE TOOLBAR - not on an empty
space
Right click on the dropped icon and choose Assign a macro
You can can right click again and change the icon to show Text Only and
change the text to something descriptive

"Stanley" <Stanley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is it possible to add a button to the bar at the top and have it run a SUB
> wrote? I have several SUBs that I have to run on many different
> spreadsheets
> and I get tired of having to attach the module and then run it. It would
> be
> so much easier if I could add a button like Adobe does.

0
Duke
12/30/2005 2:16:55 PM
Is personal.xls already created? Or is this something I need to create?

"Duke Carey" wrote:

> Do you have your modules in personal.xls?  If so, then it is easy to run
> them from a toolbar.
>
> Right click on the toolbar and choose Customize from the popup menu
> In the dialog, navigate to the Commands tab
> In the left panel select Tools
> In the right panel scroll to the bottom and choose one of the Custom icons
> Drag the icon up to the toolbar and drop it ON THE TOOLBAR - not on an empty
> space
> Right click on the dropped icon and choose Assign a macro
> You can can right click again and change the icon to show Text Only and
> change the text to something descriptive
>

> "Stanley" <Stanley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Is it possible to add a button to the bar at the top and have it run a SUB
> > wrote? I have several SUBs that I have to run on many different
> > spreadsheets
> > and I get tired of having to attach the module and then run it. It would
> > be
> > so much easier if I could add a button like Adobe does.

0
Stanley1 (40)
12/30/2005 2:45:02 PM
Are all your Sub's in the same workbook?

If yes, then maybe you could use this:
http://contextures.com/xlToolbar02.html
from Debra Dalgleish's site.

--

Dave Peterson
0

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

> Are all your Sub's in the same workbook?
>
> If yes, then maybe you could use this:
> http://contextures.com/xlToolbar02.html
> from Debra Dalgleish's site.
>
> Stanley wrote:
> >
> > Is it possible to add a button to the bar at the top and have it run a SUB I
> > wrote? I have several SUBs that I have to run on many different spreadsheets
> > and I get tired of having to attach the module and then run it. It would be
> > so much easier if I could add a button like Adobe does.
>
> --
>
> Dave Peterson

0
Stanley1 (40)
12/30/2005 3:22:02 PM
If you put your images in a worksheet (hidden???), you can copy and paste.

Try googling with the *excel* newsgroups for .pasteface
and you'll see lots of samples.

--

Dave Peterson
0

Add Lookup Fields to Entity

Command Bar ID
I'm setting up Office 2003 on a server farm and cleaning things up with Group Policies. All the other programs in GP have a "disable command bar ID" function but publisher. I can run a macro to display the ID in publisher but don't know how to shut it off. Any thoughts? ...

CToolBarCtrl.Customize() dialog could delete button but not insert
CToolBarCtrl.Customize() dialog could delete button but not insert A CToolBar is created during FrameWindow::OnCreate(), In response to a Menu of Customize tool bar, Add handle to this Menu by GetToolBarCtrl plus ToolBarCtrl.Customize(). As you know if the Framewindow does not response to the WM_NOTIFY of TBN_QUERYINSERT message with result of TRUE, the Tool bar customize dialog screen will gone with a flash. So add two handle in Framewindow of TBN_QUERYINSERT and TBN_QUERYDELETE, now the tool bar customize dialog display correctly. You can delete the button, buttons deleted display in the B...

Excel Add Ins

Hiding/Unhiding several lines at the click of a button
Is there a code i could implement into my sheets to unhide or hide the same line on several sheets I want to enter the line number into a cell Press a button called either 'HIDE' or 'UNHIDE' The code selects the line number entered in the cell on all sheets and either hides or unhides them. Thanks Mally -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Mally" <mallybee69@aol.com> wrote in message news:039701c3c2e3$2f0b4ba0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a code ...

Add on

POS 2009 Add-In: Populating a Task Pad

Progress Bar 03-14-08
I am persevering with a program to convert a form from VB6 to Access. The form I am working on has a MSComctlLib.ProgressBar and a VB.Timer. I can add the ProgressBar to the form manually and then alter the parameters, but does anyone know how to add it in VBA please? As a Timer control is invisible, can I use the OnTimer event of the form iteslf instead? Many thanks Peter Kinsman I'm not sure why you'd want to add the progress bar using VBA. Are you saying that you're intending to add it each time you need it, and delete it when you're done? That's a bad idea: t...

Stack Bar Charts
I have yearly information that I would like to graph in a stacked bar chart. I have years 2005 to present Two companies I am comparing with two variables for each company each year. I would like to have the stack bar chart by year reflect the stack of Co A vs Co B on variable 1 + 2. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. You want a clustered-stacked chart: http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/clustered-stacked-column-charts/ http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/clustered-stacked-bar-charts/ - Jon ------- Jon Peltier Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://peltiertech.com/ Sean wrote: > ...

Outlook 2003 Delete Button
A user recently had Outlook 2003 reinstalled. Originally (he says) that he could click on a message in the inbox and and delete the message by clicking on the X key on the standard toolbar and that this would automatically take him into the next message. This is not happening now. Instead he deletes the message and he is brought back into the Inbox where he has to double-click on the next message to open it. Is there a way to set this delete command so that after it deletes it automatically goes to the next message in that same window withour having to go back into the inbox agai...

Add-in cannot be loaded OL07

Delete button missing on HQ Global Customers list
I have a strange problem with HQ Manager. All PC's and Server are running HQ 1.3.1002. When all but one user with admin level access opens HQ Manager, enters maintenance mode, and clicks Database, Global Customers, the Delete button is visible for a split second and then vanishes. The one user that can see and use the Delete button can use it from any PC, so it appears to be related to the user account, except that the button is missing when running HQ Manager on the Server. As far as I can tell, the users that cannot see the Delete button have exactly the same permissions and level. There...

Format text to add character

Add File menu to custom toolbar

Use the X button on a userform
I know how to disable the X button on a userform but I was wondering if there was a possibility that when it is used that it opens the userform splash? Thanks in advance Greg Hi Greg Private Sub UserForm_QueryClose(Cancel As Integer, CloseMode As Integer) If CloseMode <> 1 Then Splash.Show End If End Sub HTH Cordially Pascal "Greg B" <laptopgb@ihug.com.au> a �crit dans le message de news: d69ece$9v3$1@lust.ihug.co.nz... >I know how to disable the X button on a userform but I was wondering if > there was a possibility that when it is used that it opens the us...

add a DC in a LegSite

excel add-ons

Custom Button #2
Hi I need help to creat custom Button for some of my item code/Item description What sould I put on Comand ? Hello: http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/RetailManagementSystem/rms_create_custom_button.mspx Wilfredo "Gill" wrote: > Hi > I need help to creat custom Button for some of my item code/Item description > What sould I put on Comand ? Don't know if you found your answer but this is how you do it: Leave ItemID as 0 and just put in the ItemLookupCode, if you want a Matrix put in the MatrixLookupCode. PerformAddItem 0, ITEMLOOKUPCODE, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0 Rob ...

Report works but then fails when used as a Sub-Report source
Hi, sorry if this sounds too easy or stupid, I've been trying for a couple of days now to get this to work and I've read a lot on here so hopefully didn't miss anything. I have a report that basically draws fields out of a table and displays them, nothing fancy. I need it to print 8 and then page break, again no problem as a report - it works. Now the main report has 5 of these sub reports and I figured I would work with it one at a time to get it right and eliminate re-doing a lot of work. When I use the report as the sub report source there are no page breaks and the report i...

Creating a search button/macro..google style..
Hallo guys, I have a set of raw data to work with: I'd like to know any functions/macros to buld some sort of 'searc engine' that coud direct me to the data.. e.g. sheet 1 raw data: a b c d 1 a1 b1 c1 d1 2 a2 b2 c2 d2 3 ... ... ... ... 4 ... ... ... ... sheet 2 search: search box/button/etc search:_a1__________ enter result: a 1 *a1* I hope you understand what I need, is not a very simple task.. -- nixis0 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- nixis00's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&a...

Map Add-On?