Add a set number to a random entered number

I have to start a vehicle service record and am trying to add the 6000 mile
service interval to the mileage at service number.
EG.
       A       B         C            D
1   6000            12000

2  12125           18125

3 18200            24200  etc

A is the mileage at service and C is the next service due.I am trying to do
this without having a cell with a line of 6000 in it and the formula eg
=SUM(A1:B1) in the C cell.Is this possable?Hope some one can help.

Hi

=A1+6000

HTH. Best wishes Harald

"Cyclops" <Cyclops@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i melding
>I have to start a vehicle service record and am trying to add the 6000 mile
> service interval to the mileage at service number.
> EG.
>       A       B         C            D
> 1   6000            12000
>
> 2  12125           18125
>
> 3 18200            24200  etc
>
> A is the mileage at service and C is the next service due.I am trying to
> do
> this without having a cell with a line of 6000 in it and the formula eg
> =SUM(A1:B1) in the C cell.Is this possable?Hope some one can help.

0
Harald

Extender to add a Revision Code to the item (serial number)
I would like to try and use extender to add a revision code, to the item AND serial number at the time of a MO receipt. Can anyone give me an idea on how to get started with this? The window, I need to attach extender to? I think the problem is that the serial numbers are in a scrolling window that I have not been able to locate... Thanks! -- Doug Use Form "Purchasing Serial Number Entry" and Window "Selected_Scroll". The other option is Form "Serial Number Enquiry" and Window "IV_Serial_Number_Inquiry_Scroll" -- Mick "Doug" wrote...

Runtime Error! when entering Outlook
I recieve an error message, "this application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information." This has been happening when we try to enter Outlook to read our E-mail. Any answers as to why this is going on and what can we do to correct this from happening. ...

Account Number Display
We have set up our account structure (on paper) to be 27 digits (7 segments) and then discovered that GP only displays 21 of those numbers. Does anyone have a total account number length that is greater than 21 digits and if so, how do you work around this issue? Thanks! The field is only physically only so wide on a window and apparently 21 characters is what your system displays. We cannot automatically make it larger because then everything wouldn't lay out on the window nicely. Your solution is: 1. Use a tool like Modifier to physically make the field larger in any window that you...

set query crieria by reference of form control in access project
Hi There, I am developing an Access 2007 .adp Project (so really access 2000)d atabase using SQL 2000 as the data backend. I have a subform which contains a combo box where you can select a 'Service'. There is then a subform which contains a combo box where you can select a 'Task' which needs to be filtered according to the 'Service' selected on the previous subform. I then have a third subform which will be used to select 'Products', again using a combo box filtered according to the 'Task' selected. The combo boxes all have a row source which use a ...

How to set exchange mailbox size limit
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_008A_01C41BDF.30CC9F70 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable How do I set a big 3 gb mailbox for just one user in Echange 2003 Thnaks ------=_NextPart_000_008A_01C41BDF.30CC9F70 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; = charset=3Diso-...

I keep getting this error msg, trying to set up a second email acc
Account: 'Windows Mail', Server: 'pop3.live.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR command not implemented', Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC18 Go to Tools, Accounts, select that mail account, Properties, Servers. Make sure that "Log on using Secure Password Authentication" is not enabled. Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) "JulieW" wrote in message news:88DEB043-75ED-48FF-8960-90BB58882A9B@microsoft.com... Account: 'Windows Mail', Server: 'pop3.live.com', Prot...

Why is Outlook Exp 6 putting 2 accounts in Local Folders instead of setting up 2 different Inboxes?
Hi, Have 3 diff email addresses, 1 business, 1 gmail and 1 hotmail. For some reason the biz and gmail accounts are working within the same " Local Folders" inbox but the Hotmail has it's own inbox, etc. How can I separate the Gmail and the Biz accounts to their own folders like the hotmail one? Hope I haven't confused you :-) Thanks! Note that this is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is the link for the right forum http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=mi...

cannot enter product key in microsoft office
When I go to use word, it asks me for my product key. When I enter it , it says incorrect key. Where are you getting the number from? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "bj" <bj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5A3CCC9D-4637-47E1-AD0E-37EB551EC7EC@microsoft.com... > When I go to use word, it asks me for my product key. When I enter it , it > says > incorrect key. I have the same problem but with word 2007. I posted some messages here before and I was...

ADD 1 to a cell if condition is met.
I want 1 point to be added to A1 if A2 equals 10,000. A2 is the sum of other cells. I need A1 to be save. Right now, it goes back to previous score when A2 is back to zero. Help Obiwan.. Look here: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/accumulator.html -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Ron" <Ron@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2B6FD888-212A-453E-8BA2-289948588576@microsoft.com... >I want 1 point to be added to A1 if A2 equals 10,000. A2 is the sum of >other > cells. > I need A1 to be save. Right now, it goes back to previous scor...

Unable to add an alternate recipient to an exchange mailbox
I am trying to add an alternate recipient to an exchange mailbox. I am logged into a Windows2000 Server as Administrator using Exchange Server 5.5 If I try to add an alternate recipient, I get the message: You do not have the permissions required to complete the operation. Microsoft Exchange Directory ID no: DS_E_INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS_RIGHTS HELP PLEASE!!! ...

[Fwd: Re: How to not copy the numbering from numbered list in Word ?]
FYI By temporarily disabling the numbers and bullets in word before you copy and paste the text. Then you can simply close the word document (without saving it) so that no changes in the word file are saved. That one time call girl may suggest that you should use Tipex on the screen to remove the numbers!!! You have been warned. hth dingdongdingding wrote: > > Hi ! > I want to copy a numbered list in Word and paste to a text file. > The numbers show up. How do I not copy the numbers preceding the > items ? > > Thanks very much in adv...

transaction number drop list
Using MS Money 2002 Is there a way I can add the word "Credit" to the check number drop list on the transaction form? Currently, it has the following choices: <blank>, ATM, debit, "next check number", and "print this transaction". I realize that I can just type in the word "credit" in the number field, but was thinking it would be nice to have the word "credit" there as an option. Any help will be appreciated. Sorry no. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For unofficial FAQs see http://money.mvps.org/ or http://umpmfaq.i...

VBA Get Line Item Number
Is it possible to get the current line item number that is being completed when in SOP? I am trying to ensure that my form data is saved in my database associated to the line item I am completing in SOP. thanks! That's probably an invisible field that you can make visible with Modifier and then add it to your VBA project. You can make it invisible again after but still use it in your code. Once you do that, you should be able to use it as you describe. Wicked! Thanks for the help. "MichaelJ" wrote: > That's probably an invisible field that you can make visible ...

Pivot Table Default Setting
Can you change the default setting in Pivot Table? For Example if everytime I do a pivot table I do not want it to give me subtotals can I default it that way instead of always changing the setting. You can't change the default settings for the data fields. If a field contains blank cells, or cells with text, it will default to COUNT. Otherwise, it will SUM. ...

Skip number for the first page in each chapter
Writing a book and want to number the pages, but I don't want the number on the first page of EACH CHAPTER to show. Is it possible to set up page numbering this way? How? Separate the chapters by inserting section breaks. For each section, choose the "Different first page" option in the Page Setup dialog box. Remove the page number in the first page header or footer. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Frustrated Writer" <Frustrated Writer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:205C6279-9949-41DD-8C7D-C9903ECA8E24@microsoft.com.....

How do number columns first, then the rows in an excel footer?
Added about 10 columns in a work sheets with more than 200 rows. When page numbers were added to the footer in the excel spread sheet, the page with the first 5 columns were numbered page 1. Then the next page with the same 5 columns were numbered page 2 and so on till all rows with the first 5 columns were completed. Then the next 5 columns from the very first page got the next sequential number. For example, if one had 10 pages of rows, then page 11 was assigned to columns 5 to 10 of the first page. This becomes very confusing when viewing a printed spread sheet. What I would l...

charting extreme number differences on x-axis
I've seen cahrts where the X axis has 2 slashes to represent gaps in the numbers where extreme ranges of data is charted. how do I do that? This shows how to do it for the Y axis; the X axis uses a similar approach. It's really just a hack: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/BrokenYAxis.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "MacGyver@IFC" <MacGyverIFC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:520AA3FB-3F8B-437E-83DE-3CBCCB064B29@microsoft.com.....

Adding Numbers
I need to set up a formula to add numbers to get the following sum: 12.50 + 12.40 = 25.30 Not: 12.50 + 12.40 = 24.90 ..60 should equal 1. Is there a way that this can be done. Thanks. Use the DOLLARFR and DOLLARDE functions from the Analysis Tool Pack: =DOLLARFR(DOLLARDE(12.5,60)+DOLLARDE(12.4,60),60) On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 12:03:02 -0800, Denise <Denise@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I need to set up a formula to add numbers to get the following sum: > >12.50 + 12.40 = 25.30 > >Not: 12.50 + 12.40 = 24.90 > >.60 should equal 1. Is there a way that th...

How 2 set table size?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0012_01C4D0A7.3F66BCF0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi, I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction. I = need to create a table that is 5" x12" , contains 3 columns and 20 rows, = and I need to lock the cells so they do not expand. Here are my = questions: How do I specify the table size of 5" x 12"? How do lock the cell sizes? Thank you, Deb ------=_NextPart_000_0012_01C4D0A7.3F66BCF0 Content-Type: text/html; ...

remove/add back into domain an exchange server?
I have one W2KS as my PDC and many NT4 as my BDC's. I can not set up any of the BDC to W2KS because my W2K PDC has an underscore in the computer name (i.e. File_server) and replication between two W2KS DC will not work because of the underscore being an illegal DNS character. I need to dcpromo this file server back down to a member server. Here is where my exchange question comes in. Because of q284937 article that states that any W2K machine that comes into contact with a W2KS DC (unless you changed a registry entry but a little to late for that after the fact) it will no longer poll look...

(HELP)entering arabic/persian text in edit box
I created a simple Dialog based application and placed an edit box on it . Executing the program I still can't type in the editbox in arabic or persian (with the problem: showing the letters like ??? or shapes) I've studied a little about unicode or mbcs(multi byte character sets) assuming the problem is related to this topic but I dont know how to solve the problem . any comment is wellcomed (any link ,material or ...). Thanks in advance ...

How do I set up a cumulative column, without entering it manually
I am setting up a cumulative column in excel and I'm having to enter it manually. Is there a way to do this quickly without having to do it manually. Assume your data is in Column A. In B1, enter: =A1 In B2, enter: =B1+A2 Fill down as far as you need -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "LG" <LG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8D609313-68B1-4CD4-B96C-0370C7E25C3A@microsoft.com... >I am setting up a cumulative column in excel and I'm having to enter it > manually. Is there a way to do this quickly without having to do it >...

How do I enter mins and secs in Excel without using caps/colon
Using Excell, I need to fill columns with minutes and seconds (ie 10:22). Having to use caps and colon to insert the colon between the minute and seconds is time consuming, is there any way round this anybody please? Two options: 1. Enter the data in one cell, and use a formula to convert it to a time in another: =time(0,int(a1/100),mod(a1,100)) 2. Use an event macro to convert it in place. If you want the event macro, post a request in the .programming group. Regards, Fred "Alphie" <Alphie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A792F887-A03A...

Create Formula
I need to create a formula where I add a set number of Networkdays to a start date. Example: Start Date = 1/2/07 Number of Networkdays = 21 End Date = Is calculated If Start = 1/2/07 and 21 Networkdays are added, what is the retured end date???? I can only find example of Networkdays where I would be providing the Start and End Dates, and it will calculate the Networkdays. I can't find example where End Date is calculated based on the number of networkdays from start date. Can anyone help with a valid formula for this? Thanks!! ...

counting number of special character #
Could any one tell me how to count number of special character # in a range of cells. I have used the formular =SUM(LEN(range)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE (range,"#",""))). The formular does not work with the character #. Could any one help. james =COUNTIF(range,"#") Alan Beban james wrote: > Could any one tell me how to count number of special > character # in a range of cells. > > I have used the formular =SUM(LEN(range)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE > (range,"#",""))). The formular does not work with the > character #. > > Could an...