ActiveX Option Buttons

:confused:

Hello,

I need to know how to tell an option button what value to return.

I have a group of 4 option buttons and I have linked them all to th
same cell.

That's when they stop working, because they all want to say 'true' o
'false' - how do I get them to return a value instead (i.e. 1-4) so
can do a calculation on the value in the linked cell?

Please help

--
veci
vecia's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=211

You can't. Link them to separate cells and use that to determine which has
been set.

--

HTH

RP

http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2117
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=271840

0
bob.phillips1 (6510)
10/23/2004 11:12:26 PM
Vecia,

If you only want the options buttons linked to a cell (and don't need code
behind them), you can use option buttons from the forms toolbar.  Link them
to the same cell, and you'll get 1, 2, 3, etc, depending on which is on.

--
Earl Kiosterud

"vecia" <vecia.1elkpy@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message

> :confused:
>
> Hello,
>
> I need to know how to tell an option button what value to return.
>
> I have a group of 4 option buttons and I have linked them all to the
> same cell.
>
> That's when they stop working, because they all want to say 'true' or
> 'false' - how do I get them to return a value instead (i.e. 1-4) so I
> can do a calculation on the value in the linked cell?
>
> Please help!
>

> --
> vecia
> vecia's Profile:
http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2117
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=271840

0
nothanks4548 (968)

Is it possible to hide the options Marketing and Sales in MS CRM ?
Hi all, Is it possible to hide the options Marketing and Sales in MS CRM 3.0 ? So, I just want to show Workplace, Customer Service and Settings. thanks in advance Sure, you can do that using the security roles. Just hide Marketing and Sales for those roles. HTH, -- Jeffry van de Vuurst CWR Mobility www.cwrmobility.com -- "FAF" <FAF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:10EE5CA1-0313-4FC2-A0A0-511717C2749F@microsoft.com... > Hi all, > > Is it possible to hide the options Marketing and Sales in MS CRM 3.0 ? So, > I > just want to show Workpl...

shortcut button?
in pp03 I could have a short cut for subscript and superscript on my tool bar. I cant find a way to do this in pp07. I do a lot of editing and fixing sub and superscripts. Am I missing something? Randy been at the office too long today. just like the last time, post a question and then poke around a bit more and find the answer yourself. didn't think to look in the most obvious place "commands not in the ribbon" Hi, Glad you sorted it. personally, I use keyboard shortcuts for this. -- Regards, Glen Millar Microsoft PPT MVP Tutorials and PowerPoint ani...

Indexing Options
In 'Indexing Options' when i click 'Modify' nothing happens. Even after several restarts Hi, AATech. What are you trying to Modify? What did you expect to see, and what did you see? Are you indexing a single folder, or a multi-terabyte system with dozens of folders? Or what? And, of course, the usual background questions, including whether you are the Administrator - and logged in as such. RC -- R. C. White, CPA San Marcos, TX rc@grandecom.net Microsoft Windows MVP Windows Live Mail 2009 (14.0.8089.0726) in Win7 Ultimate x64 "AATech"...

button grayed out for Charting
I am trying to use the Chart Wizard or the Chart Toolbar to create a chart. However, both are greyed out. Any idea why or what I should do to fix this? thanks, Ron Usual suspects are protected workbook or worksheet. Shared workbook. rgraham1 wrote: > I am trying to use the Chart Wizard or the Chart Toolbar to create a chart. > However, both are greyed out. > > > > Any idea why or what I should do to fix this? > > thanks, > > Ron > -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info Thanks for the fast reply Andy. I've checked...

Activex #6
hi to all, i'm beginner in vc++,i don't know how to start activex in vc+ +.anyone help me from where i have to start studying. Thanks and Regards Muthukkumaran.S.A To begin with, why do you want ActiveX? Its older technology but it still has its usefulness. You want to make sure you really want it before jumping into it. MFC is older technology for ActiveX and it produces a larger module. ATL has smaller footprint and is the preferred choice. For tutorials, go to MSDN and codeguru/codeproject. -- Ajay <arumuthu@gmail.com> wrote in message news:f1bb07cb-4afe-4efb-9...

how to add a activeX control to a custom entity
I want to add a activeX control in a custom entity. It should be added of load of the form. So i am trying to write a onload javascript function which adds the axtiveX control. I new to MSCRM 3.0. Please direct me how to do this. It deppends on what you exactly want to do. But if it is just a control you might want to use an IFrame a create a simple html page which embeds the ActiveX control. -- Patrick Verbeeten (MCSD) Lead Developer Aviva IT Web: aviva-it.nl "Prakash N" wrote: > I want to add a activeX control in a custom entity. It should be added of > load of ...

Sales Transfer Documents
Is there a way to default print options on the "Sales Transfer Documents" window? Screenshot of the window i'm referring to is located below: http://www.usdigitalmedia.com/images/defaultprintoptions.gif Warehouse selects "Transfer to Invoice" and "Include Totals and Deposits", however, they sometimes go to fast and accidently click on "Create Back Order". We would like the options pre-selected when transferring orders into fulfillments. I've already looked in "Microsoft Dynamics GP > Tools > Setup > Posting > Posting"...

Vote Buttons
In Outlook (2000), is there a way to combine the "Yes" Vote + "Send Response Now"...One click operation. Of course the NO" Vote+ "Send Response Now"...would be adjusted also. Thank you for reading this post. Josaeph Freeman You would need to create a custom form and adjust each action's behavior on the (Actions) page. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "JosephF" <joseph@shellofficesyste...

removing all external e-mail options in exchange 5.5
I want to remove all and anyway a user can do external e- mail from there systems I have removed there e-mail address but they still are recieving e-mail from an external source. I have also removed x400 (will this take care of my issues?? I can see the trafic in the track message on my exchange server 5.5.. so i know its coming through out mail server. and its not coming from an internal source. should i remove the ms also?? plus they do not have internet access either. so I a little confused how this user is getting around me.. any help would be great To completely isolate an exchang...

ActiveX
Hi, I developed a ActiveX control. It has only a set of functions. No visible layouts. Its working fine when i tested using the Test Container and in VB. I need to use the control in VC. I developed a MFC EXE program. I added the control using Project>Add to Project menu item. It has been successfully added to the program. I've declared the activex variable in the View class. i'm able to invoke the functions in the ActiveX while coding(i.e. when writing code the list members quick help shows my functions in activex). It builds successfully. But while running the program it...

using external Com/ActiveX object
Hello, On VC++ 6.0 - How do I use Com/activeX objects ? Thanks :) Hello Coose Project ->Add to Projects-> components and Control and insert the ActiveX Controls With Regards R.Selvam Hello Coose Project ->Add to Projects-> components and Control and insert the ActiveX Controls With Regards R.Selvam "Eitan" <no_spam_please@nospam.com> wrote in message news:uBUvSx87DHA.3012@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hello, > On VC++ 6.0 - How do I use Com/activeX objects ? > > Thanks :) Another way to use com components (not just activex compo...

Why is reply button greyed out?
My mother has anew PC and I have talked her through setting up the server info so she can receive her emails. The problem is she has been unable to reply to them. The new mail and reply buttons are all greyed out. Can anyone suggest anything please? Maybe she doesn't have a mail account set up yet? -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "jojomonsta" <jojomonsta@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:63C2F204-56F...

ActiveX inside ActiveX
Hi All, Can I Include an ActiveX Control in my project which itself is an ActiveX Control. Thanks in Advance Regards Jayasankar ...

Register an ActiveX control with the Pocket PC 2003 Emulator
Hi, Is there anyone who knows how to register an Activex control with the Pocket PC 2003 Emulator? I successfully registered the control my PC using regsvr32. But when I inserted it in the application (a simple MFC dialog for enbedded devices), the main thread exit giving the following error. CoCreateInstance of OLE control {058E370E-6141-4E41-8B95-846EE04BB303} failed. >>> Result code: 0x80040154 >>> Is the control is properly registered? Warning: CreateDlgControls failed during dialog init. Can anyone help on this? Regds, Amila ...

lost access to "internet options"
all of a sudden, i cannot access internet options, and i am givin a warning says "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in affect on this computer. please contact your system admimisntator Use Regedit.exe and search for NoBrowserOptions and remove it. It is most likely to be here (but not necessarily) HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Restrictions If you are unfamiliar with Regedit, then ensure you know how to restore your Registry in case of error and it is a good idea to export any key before deleting. Check the startup (S...

Deep menu command button needed
Hello, I have a client who uses IMAP folders. To view the messages that have been marked for deletion, they have to go to Organize->Using Views->IMAP Messages. To hide them again, they have to do Organize->Using Views->Hide messages marked for deletion. I know you can get some sub-menus in the button bar customization, but I can't find anything that leads to this. Is this something I'd record a macro for and then make a button for it? Advice appreciated, thanks. ...

mfc activex
i used the mfc develop a activex control,and i did not add any code in it and make the activex control into the html.but when i closed the internet explore,one error was showed.Why? "chuangyl" <msnews.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:utMNIHn8GHA.4012@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > i used the mfc develop a activex control,and i did not add any code in it > and make the activex control into the html.but when i closed the internet > explore,one error was showed.Why? What does the error say? -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com ...

MessageBox buttons
Hello, Is this possible to change language of buttons caption for :MessageBox, or AfxMessageBox() funtions? or I need to write customized dlg box? thanks I think the language is based on the version of the OS or MFC installed. http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vclib/html/_mfcnotes_tn056.asp http://www.codeproject.com/cpp/introtolocalization.asp Tom "alladyn" <alladyn@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:OiWCzLysFHA.332@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hello, > Is this possible to change language of buttons caption for :MessageBox, > or AfxMe...

Submit button #4
I'm building an intranet for our company and here's what's going on. I've created page with a standard publisher form with a Submit button and in the properties, naturally it gives one of three options for the button; HTM, E-mail or another ISP program. I want it to email me the results. The problem is that because of the way our network is setup (not my doing), getting Frontpage Extensions to work would be nothing short of a miracle. What other options do I have that don't involve Frontpage anything? Ted, I haven't used it, but others claim it is easy and ...

Resizing Option Button?
Hello Friends, I have asked a Question in mrexcel.com. But, the reply was it is not possible. Please check the below link and tell me is doable. http://www.mrexcel.com/board2/viewt...7747&highlight= Thanks, Nawaf -- countryfan_nt ------------------------------------------------------------------------ countryfan_nt's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=11051 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=482535 No you can't, at least not the actual button part. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if ...

Adjusting line comments on SOP Options forms
We have to print with options (show tax details). The line comment seem to only print 30 characters across (SOP Short Options Quote), where the same transaction printed without tax detail (SOP Short Quote) prints 20 more characters on the same line. For example, this is the comment entered onto the line comment: This is line one comment on the first line of this quote. On the SOP Short Quote: This is line one comment on the first line of this quote. On the Short Options Quote: This is line one comment on the first line of this quote. Luvsql, Was this a question, comment, or ...

Back button and toolbar keys...
don't seem to work. Sometimes, but then they stop and nothing can be done. Quite frustrating. Read something about a corrupted cache. Any suggestions? Do I just uninstall and reinstall the program? Using Win7 Pro 64 bit. "citizen53" <citizen53@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:09C97EF7-7614-4A8E-990C-56895AD30BA9@microsoft.com... > don't seem to work. Sometimes, but then they stop and nothing can be > done. > Quite frustrating. Read something about a corrupted cache. Any > suggestions? > Do I just uninstall and r...

unable to debug app with WMP activeX control
Hi I had an dialog application in VC 6.0, which had just one control, i.e windows media player activeX control. I upgraded the project to VC.NET 2003, now I can't debug the application when something is being played in windows media player. I get Protection error message like "debugger detected - please close it down and restart!...." This doesn't happen when nothing is being played in it. Is there any way to debug while playing something in it... Regards, Ashutosh ...

Activex #3
I have compiled my own activex file with VB 6.0 i wonder how can i hadd the .ocx file to the existing activeX list so I can display my control on the google desktop Bar ...

Email template w/ options
We'd like to create an email template in our organization that would format the subject line based on user input, allowing sort-by-subject according to our criteria. I think we'd like a popup box upon creating a new email that required you to select a number of criteria such as action/info, due date, priority/routine, etc., and then formatted the subject line accordingly (i.e., it would put all that info in the subject line according to your input). How can I go about this? Thanks, Jason ...