ActiveCell.Text

I need a macro to delete any row in a spreadsheet that
contains a certain word.  I know how to do this for a
number or formula, but how do I find a cell that contains
a specific word?
0
asmirn (1)

Could you not just just Find-Replace on the whole sheet (Ctrl A) and use
an empty string "" as the replace string?

Gromit

Just use the word as the search string (the "FindWhat:=" argument). It
should work just fine. If not, post the code that's not working as expected
and we'll take a swing at it. (Best is in .programming rather than this
newsgroup.)
--
HTH -

-Frank Isaacs
Dolphin Technology Corp.
http://vbapro.com

"George" <asmirn@aol.com> wrote in message
> I need a macro to delete any row in a spreadsheet that
> contains a certain word.  I know how to do this for a
> number or formula, but how do I find a cell that contains
> a specific word?

0
frank8273 (76)

WRAP TEXT #3
I HAVE TRIED TO DO FORMAT, CELLS, ALIGNMENT & WRAP TEXT...IT DOES NOT WORK. I'M TRYING TO DO THIS IN A CELL THAT HAS BEEN MERGED WITH THREE OTHER CELLS TO THE RIGHT. I AM SETTING UP A WORKSHEET TO BE USED AS A LAW FIRM'S INVOICE AND NEED THE CELL WHERE THE NARRATIVE OF SERVICES GOES TO WRAP THE TEXT Lynn First, please turn off CAPS LOCK. Most find it hard to read and is considered "shouting". Second....... Merged cells will allow "wrap text" from Format>Cells>Alignment but.......... Excel has a problem auto-fitting merged cells. You can resize...

Text Overlayment
Is there a way to overlay on letter with another - so that both are visible? Or is there some way to create a composite? For examples: M overlaying W or P overlaying X or T overlaying O? WordArt? Create a text box on the Master page with your first letter, on the publication page create another text box with the second letter. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "PatJennings" <pfjennings@charter.net> wrote in message news:usKPm$xfGHA.356@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Is there a way to overlay on l...

Customized Text Fields
I am having a problem seeing the data from customized text fields in the Resource Usage view. For example I have a text field for charge numbers that are assigned to each task. I can view it in the Ghantt Chart. However, when I go to the Resource Usage view and insert that text column the data doesn't appear. -- DJW In article <2A53FDE3-F008-4134-838C-268B567209F8@microsoft.com>, DWilliams <DWilliams@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am having a problem seeing the data from customized text fields in the > Resource Usage view. For example I...

Center text in text box
I produced our club's latest newsletter on Publisher for the first time and overall was a pretty pain free experience. Very intuitive program. I was unable to find a command to center text within a text box. Is this feature not present in Publisher as it is in word? It was not on the tool bar with the margin justifying commands and my quick search didn't bring it up. I ended up ball parking my lines in the center with tab and space bar. Any suggestions? Right-click the toolbar, tick "formatting". -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.mvps.org/...

Offset text print problems
recently all of my excel documents are printing the text offset from the gridlines. I have checked through every setting I can think of and am having no luck. I have even changed the font I am using. Any ideas on why this is happening and or how to fix it ? I have no idea, but I'd start with the printer driver. Either get a fresh or new driver from your printer's manufacturer. You may even want to try it on a different printer to see if that makes a difference. IMC Techie wrote: > > recently all of my excel documents are printing the text offset from the > gridlines....

Who does text move?
Hi, Does anyone know why text made with publisher moves when a website is loaded? Oscar If you are referring to your website try checking your Publisher file with, from the Tools menu, Design checker. You may have some text boxes on top of one another. -- Don Vancouver, USA <jeroen.van.bijsterveld@davilex.nl> wrote in message news:1187614503.599939.227360@g4g2000hsf.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > Does anyone know why text made with publisher moves when a website is > loaded? > > Oscar > ...

How can I autocopy text from one textbox to another using VBA in E
As above I have bought 3 books in the hope of finding this answer and aslo searched the www till it has now got me demented! ...

Defining an Activecell
Each month I add new data to an existing sheet. I then want to run a macro to insert a new column and a formula. Trouble is this data increases rows each month and I need to be able to identify the final row each time so I can copy the formula down. ie in Jan the data finished at row 100. In Feb it finishes at row 200. I need the macro to be able to know to copy the formula down to row 200 in Feb for example. Hi Ant You can use this function fir finding the last row with data on thye worksheet Function LastRow(sh As Worksheet) On Error Resume Next LastRow = sh.Cells.Find(What:=...

Missing text in replies (Outlook 2007)
I am apparently having trouble with formatting for Outlook 2007. When replying to a message, I often see the punctuation marks, which can be very distracting. I know how to hide the punctuation marks (CTRL-Shift-8 or the paragraph symbol on the format ribbon), but then the text I typed disappears (for me and the recipients of the email). And, there are times when I have left the punctuation marks in place and the recipient still cannot see/read what I've written. Help! "Lisa V" <Lisa V@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6086C36C-3927-4688-A99C-98E3...

Vertical Text #3
wondering how to change text in Row A(first row) so that it is rotated 90 degrees Counter clockwise go to Format-->Cells and on the alignment tab rotate the text as desired. HTH, Katherine "G" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:060601c3afd7$f8740b90$a301280a@phx.gbl... > wondering how to change text in Row A(first row) so that > it is rotated 90 degrees Counter clockwise Select row1 Click Format > Cells > Alignment tab Under Orientation: either click inside the "half-clock" to move the Text pointer to point straight up...

Activecell problem #2
I have a really basic question I am trying to print a certain area which starts at a certain cell which may differ every week. I have the code to get to the bottom right of the area I want to print but then I want to select the area, from the active cell to A3: 'go to the bottom cell in colum L Range("L100").End(xlUp).Select ???????? what goes in here?????? 'Print the selected area ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.PrintOut Copies:=1, Collate:=True Any help appreciated. remove your select line and add range(Range("A3"),Range("L100").End(xlUp)).Select -...

text styles
how to remove latin and asian styles? SIU <SIU@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > how to remove latin and asian styles? Latin fonts are a core component of Windows, as they are required for displaying English text. East Asian styles can be uninstalled through the Regional Settings area of the Control Panel in Windows. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher ...

Pub2007
New to Pub2007 and trying to create web page. Not all of the text shows when I web-preview the page; the text/page gets cut off. Generally, it's the last 5 or 6 lines that are cut off. would appreciate some suggestions. Tks, Bert "Bert" wrote: > New to Pub2007 and trying to create web page. Not all of the text shows when > I web-preview the page; the text/page gets cut off. Generally, it's the last > 5 or 6 lines that are cut off. would appreciate some suggestions. > > Tks, Bert I can be more specific now. I decided to start from scratch, as I...

Streaming rich text
I have finally been able to stream rich text to the monitor and have noticed a problem. When I stream rich text like this <CString line = _T("\\par\\b Tommy");> it works fine, I get a bold Tommy displayed but if I format that string like <CString name = pDoc->name;> // which is a CString name from a form <CString line = (_T("\\par\\b %s"),name);> the rich codes don't do anything. Is there something that I am missing? -- Just Al The examples are not syntactically correct, and the explanation is not coherent. What you are saying is that if you hav...

VBA? Activecell formatting
Looking for a simple VBA macro for formatting three cells starting wit the active cell. Want to use ctrl-d to select activecell, then next two cells to th right and then fill all three cells with color red -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Just a single line of code will do it: Range(ActiveCell, ActiveCell.Offset(0, 2)).Interior.Color = vbRed HTH, Nikos "click4mrh >" <<click4mrh.1bmwdk@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:click4mrh.1bmwdk@excelforum-nospam.com... > Looking for a simple VBA macro for formatting three cells starting with >...

Text box question #2
I have a userform which I have linked to a spreadsheet. I need to know how to get the userform to clear textbox.1 once I hit the enter key I have it working but it clear this textbox. Also how do I get the userform to automatically refresh to show the updated titles in the other textboxes on this form. Thanks in advance Greg ...

User cannot open calendar appointments, highlight email text, or view emails in the preview pane
We have a 2003 domain and run Exchange 2003 server with Outlook 2003 clients. One user has 3 strange problems. She cannot open calendar appointments (no error, just nothing happens), she cannot read the email contents in the preview pane and has top open the email fully to do so, and she cannot highlight text in the body of the email. It is not to do with the Outlook installation itself as we run a Citrix environment and she gets this problem when logged on to different servers. I have deleted and recreated her profile. Interestingly it seemed to sort the problem of opening meeting rooms tempo...

How To create silence using Speech API while converting text to speech
Hey Friends I want to convert text to speech with long pause in between and the text may vary.So I need to create a wav file with a long pause between words or in other words i wish to add silence to my wav file generated using speech api.I have tried with . and , but i need longer than that. Is it possible ? I have tried with spaces but of no use. Have you tried ... or ,,, HTH -- ============ Frank Hickman NobleSoft, Inc. ============ Replace the _nosp@m_ with @ to reply. "Vikrant" <vikrant_kpr@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:89a2f412.0402060437.1f9b1b45@posting.goog...

set text direction for multi-level category labels
Hi, I am using excel 2007 and have to build a bar chart comparing values in two years (years is first category) for a list of statements (statements are the second category - for each statement, there are 2 values, one for each year). No problem building the chart, but category labels are not as I wish... years appears horizontally - this is ok - but statements are 270 degrees rotated, and no command found to put them horizontally, too. Please let me know if there is a chance to resolve it! Thanks! does anyone have an answer to this, I'm having a problem getting text to run horizon...

Converting excel to text file
Hi, I want to convert an excel file to a .prn file. Here I need to retain the column width of all the columns in the excel as it is. I could do that by changing the autoformat to None. But the issue is when i try to save it as .prn file, it wraps up the text in the .prn file. the maximum length it goes without wrapping in the notepad is 236 character size. I am not really sure how to convert it to a .prn file retain column width without the wrapping in the text file. any suggestions would be highly appreciated. Thanks, Giri --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ How do y...

import text in publisher
I am trying to import a Word 2000 table into Publisher 98 file using paste link so that the file is updatable. I get the message: an error occurred while attempting to import text. Putlisher is unable to successfully import the text. Can anyone help? Instead of importing the text, have you tried doing a copy and paste? (I don't have Pub 98 otherwise I'd try it myself before suggesting this.) -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "blantyreson" <blantyreson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:69F04988-EA82-4863-B6D7-D1B94B0FA326@microsoft.com...

Counting Text Values ?
How do I use worksheet functions to count the number of fields in a database that contain a specific text string, or include specific characters within a text string ? For example : Car Price Landcruiser 40 Landrover 30 Lada 10 Rolls 90 Lada 10 Landrover 30 I would like a cell to count the number of occurrences of 'Lada' in this table, and the answer should be 2. I tried using DCOUNT but it only works on numbers. I would also (ideally) like to be able to count all the cars that start with 'La', so the answer should be 5. Is thi...

Text on a toolbar
I know this is probably quite easy but. I'm looking for a tutorial or example on how to add text to the toolbar buttons. Thanks. How is this? http://www.codeguru.com/Cpp/controls/toolbar/miscellaneous/article.php/c2517/ AliR. "Mark" <replytogroup@news.com> wrote in message news:I0Ird.100251$jq5.36846@fe2.texas.rr.com... > I know this is probably quite easy but. I'm looking for a tutorial or > example on how to add text to the toolbar buttons. > > Thanks. > > ...

Text in formula?
What a pain in the neck to come back home after being away and not being able to access the newsgroups via my newsreader (http:// www.gmayor.com/MSNews.htm). Anyway ... <g> I have this formula in cell A16: ="Don't take today: " &+A15+1 I got it from googling for text and formulas in same cell. I've tried formatting cell as general and text but nothing comes out right. The result in A16 should say: Don't take today: Tue.Sep.14.2010 but instead it says: Don't take today: 40435 Can anyone advise how to fix this? Thanks! :oD On Mon, 30 Aug 2010 ...

text of messages disappeared
When I connected to Outlook Express after a week away I found that all the message contents in the inbox and other folders has apparently been wiped clean. I can still see and, in new emails, receive the senders name and the subject details but there is no text. I have sent emails from another computer and this still happens. i have downloaded all the latest patches and updates etc but they have not made any difference. I can access the content of messages from my ISP through the internet but not through Outlook Express. Am I doing something wrong or have people any suggestions how...