Activecell problem #2

I have a really basic question

I am trying to print a certain area which starts at a certain cell
which may differ every week.  I have the code to get to the bottom
right of the area I want to print but then I want to select the area,
from the active cell to A3:

'go to the bottom cell in colum L
Range("L100").End(xlUp).Select

???????? what goes in here??????

'Print the selected area
ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.PrintOut Copies:=1, Collate:=True

Any help appreciated.

remove your select line and add

range(Range("A3"),Range("L100").End(xlUp)).Select

--

HTH

RP

<Joe.Cormack@mbna.com> wrote in message
> I have a really basic question
>
> I am trying to print a certain area which starts at a certain cell
> which may differ every week.  I have the code to get to the bottom
> right of the area I want to print but then I want to select the area,
> from the active cell to A3:
>
> 'go to the bottom cell in colum L
> Range("L100").End(xlUp).Select
>
> ???????? what goes in here??????
>
> 'Print the selected area
> ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.PrintOut Copies:=1, Collate:=True
>
> Any help appreciated.

0
bob.phillips1 (6510)

Problem with Interactive Charting -- Did something change?
A few months ago, in Portfolio, I was able to click on a graph of one investment and then add stocks I wanted to compare to the first one by clicking a dropdown window on the graph. Today I have to type in each comparison I want to see. Anyone know what happened? I am not aware of anything which has changed unless there is some form of service that has been discontinued or has expired without any notice from MS. ...

CRM Outlook Add In Sending Problem
We've been using CRM 3.0 for about 4 months now, and the Outlook Add In for 2. I've been the primary Outlook user until the last month as I was familiarizing myself with the flow before we rolled it out to everyone. This problem happened to me, but I attributed it more to Oultook 2007... now several of our users are having the problem (2003 and 2007). The problem is this, when I send an email to a CRM Contact - occasionally, when I look in my sent items, the contact does not appear on the sent email and they never received it. For example, If I have a CRM contact named "John S...

Problem with Adobe
My friend is having trouble with Adobe. He says: The pop ups I am getting say: Eula NVIDIA graphics Driver has stooped working and needs to close Down load manager active x has encountered a problem and needs to close Adobe reader and acrobat manager has encountered a problem and needs to close Adobe tech. said " Adobe was having a problem with Internet Explorer 8" Ideas on how to fix, anyone? TIA, Paul From: "Paul H" <NoSpamphobergNoSpam@att.net> | My friend is having trouble with Adobe. He says: | The pop ups I am getting say: | ...

Work orders problems
Hi, We use RMS (SQL 2000) in a retail environment as well as a POS environment, although this is obviously not recommended. In the POS environment, we use work orders to keep a "tab" of the client's bill until it is eventually tendered off. On a few occasions, we have had some weird things happen with work orders. On a few occasions, open work orders have managed to disappear whilst being saved. I.e. When the waiter adds more items to the work order and saves it, it just disappears. Other times, work orders have frozen up while the waiter was picking up the entire work ...

Windows Services #2
I want to provide a windows service. And then I want to write an application so that interact with this windows ervice. notice: I want to do these work in C++6.0 not in .NET Framework -- Mojtaba ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Posted via http://www.codecomments.com ------------------------------------------------------------------------ "Mojtaba" <Mojtaba.1wmn5o@mail.codecomments.com> wrote in message news:Mojtaba.1wmn5o@mail.codecomments.com... > > I want to provide a windows service. > And then I want to write an ap...

Updating Charts #2
Hi, I've got a question for you all! I have an Excel spreadsheet, and a Powerpoint presentation. From the spreadsheet, a lot of the points are being used to make charts in the presentation (approx 12 charts). These need to be updated with new data every week, and I'm growing tired of entering in new data, changing each chart by hand (or computer...), then copy and pasting the new charts back into the old presentation. There must be a way that I can enter my new points, and have Office do the rest of the work, updating the charts in Powerpoint, no? Does anyone know how I can...

animated gifs #2
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_001F_01C70DC6.5A25A250 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable g'day all.. am using office/outlook2007 [beta] can't seem to insert an animated gif = in an outlook mail message. any ideas if its possible? it works under = windows mail [ex-outlook express] tia ------=_NextPart_000_001F_01C70DC6.5A25A250 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 T...

Problem with CMapStringToPtr 's Lookup problem
HI. I have written the following code..in VC++(win32 console with MFC support) CMapStringToPtr chat; vector<UserMessage *> v; /* UserMessage is a class.. */ UserMessage *obj_msg=new UserMessage(fromUser,fromUserName,'n',msg); void * rValue; CString toUser="abcd"; v.push_back(obj_msg); // Insering an object into vector v chat.SetAt(toUser,&v); // Putting the vector 's reference into map "chat" chat.Lookup(toU...

HQ connections #2
I've been wondering, is there a way to have each of your stores upload information more than once an hour? Secondly, does anyone here use a VPN to connect to the HQ database for uploads and downloads? If so, do you use the windows XP VPN software, or do you use something else? Yes - Change the schedule. Check help files - pretty straightforward. Regarding VPN, I have a Netgear FVS318 at HQ and 6 locations. All are connected using VPN connections with no software required. It works great. "Cribstoteens" <Cribstoteens@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:...

Problem with pointers in sockets
I am new to the world of MFC.I was reviewing an MFC code which is dealing with socket programming.There is a pointer of CConnectedSocket class m_pUpperportSocket and a pointer to the dialog class m_pDlg. I want to know the basic concept behind using the following two statements. m_pDlg ->m_pUpperportSocket and (*m_pDlg -> m_pUpperportSocket) harsh wrote: > I am new to the world of MFC.I was reviewing an MFC code which is > dealing with socket programming.There is a pointer of CConnectedSocket > class m_pUpperportSocket and a pointer to the dialog class m_pDlg. > > I w...

focus problem

IE problem with OWA 2003. It is a IE problem machine specific
When I try to create a new message in OWA 2003, the new message window pops up but where I am supposed to type the body of the message, there is a red x. This is only on one machine because I have tested on other machines and it works fine. Am I missing a control or something? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Noel Haydon MCSE MCDBA ...

Security problems in web-services
Hi all I have wrote win aplication(client) which call method in web-service in another machine. It work then I run it in localhost, but if I change web-reference from "localhost" to my IP and bring my application to another machine and run it write "security error, use system.net.WebPermission to grant access...". Can you help me and say how resolve this problem Alex Show something that is 3 seconds of value, monkey. "alexmsu" <Alexmsu@mail.ru> wrote in message news:C507E498-FDA0-4F76-B433-85F0F05BCC94@microsoft.com... > Hi all. > I have wrote w...

If statement help #2
I have a problem building a formula to do the following; I have a give number which I want to split up to allocated levels. example; 240000 Cell1 allocated the first 4000 Cell 2 the next 16000 Cell 3 the next 50000 Cell 4 the balance However, if the number is only 2000 I wish that cells 2, 3 & 4 record zero. I have been using IF statements however I am not sure this is correct -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi There are several ways to do this, so there is no single correct way. IFs should be perfectly ok. I'd do this: B1: =MIN(A1,4000)*(A1>0) C1: =MIN(A1-4...

How do I make 1 and 1/2 cups look like 1 1/2?
I do not want it to look like eleven. How do I make the 1/2 part look better to create one and one half cups? Alt+0189 or Insert, symbol... -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Shelby" <Shelby@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CDAA93B5-3197-4908-B67D-076DDAF05E81@microsoft.com... >I do not want it to look like eleven. How do I make the 1/2 part look better > to create one and one half cups? Shelby wrote: > I do not want it to look like eleven. How do I make the 1/2 part look be...

Comment #2
Can you copy a picture into a comment? Hi Shemian, Click Comment in the Format Menu Click on the Colors and lines tab On the drop down in the color tab click Fill effects in the fill effects box click Pictures/Select Picture If you see hash marks around the comment box right click the has again. Hope this helps Larr -- keithl81 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- keithl816's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2128 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=49804 ...

problems with? I don't know
Morning, I use a worksheet at work, which works out all scrap, customer returns and other stuff. The file has about 20 different tabs showing graphs and various tables linked together. There is one sheet which shows its months 'customer returns'. The footer on this page needed to be edited as is shows information from 2003. (We copied and renamed this to create this 2005 copy). I edited the header and footer with the information needed and pressed ok. This is the wierd part; I then looked at another tab within that document then went back to the tab where I edited the information, I ...

Problem with Query
SQL2008 I am trying to get the following query to work Declare @FileName varchar(max) Declare @FullPath varchar(max) Declare @Licence varchar(6) Declare @LedgerKey uniqueidentifier Declare @ReportType varchar(25) Declare @Date varchar(10) Declare @Count Int Declare @FileValue Money Declare @TEST Varchar(max) SET @TEST = ' INSERT INTO [Table1] ([Licence] ,[LedgerKey] ,[ReportType] ,[CreatedDate] ,[ViewedDate] ,[Viewer] ,[ReportFileName] ,[TransCount] ,[FileValue...

Memory Leak problem in ATL
Hi all, I am new to ATL programming. I have been given the task of plugging Memory leaks in an existing ATL dll. While debugging I found that when the CComPtr destructor for some of the objects is called, it dutifully calls the Release method, which in turn calls the InternalRelease method. But the RefCount of the object is still not 0. So, ATL is not able to delete the object from memory. This is causing memory leaks. Please guide me in tackling this issue. Is there a way in which i can locate the instances when the RefCount was incremented, but a corresponding Release was not called (The c...

Folder List #2
Running Outlook 2000 on an Exchange Server 2000 platform and when I add my Personal Folder to the Folder List in Outlook it puts it at the top of the list the next time Outlook starts. After adding the Personal Folder below Outlook Today but above Public Folders. I would like to keep it where I originally put it. ...

Printing problem #10
I have a page size of 5.5 x 8.5 set up. When I try to print, one side is upside down. This is with publisher 2007. I had hoped it would be simplified. Can anyone lead me out this mess. I need this publication out the door ASAP!!!!!! Michael in Oak Ridge, TN -- Music washes the grunge of daily living. After you select Print, look at the Printer Preferences and see if you find an option to "flip" page or something similar. -- Don - Publisher 2000� Vancouver, USA "Michael" <Michorium@comcast.net> wrote in message news:72E458E4-E928-4E2E-81F7-B75BBFEA48B1@m...

Defining an Activecell
Each month I add new data to an existing sheet. I then want to run a macro to insert a new column and a formula. Trouble is this data increases rows each month and I need to be able to identify the final row each time so I can copy the formula down. ie in Jan the data finished at row 100. In Feb it finishes at row 200. I need the macro to be able to know to copy the formula down to row 200 in Feb for example. Hi Ant You can use this function fir finding the last row with data on thye worksheet Function LastRow(sh As Worksheet) On Error Resume Next LastRow = sh.Cells.Find(What:=...

OWA Problems.
Outlook Web Access keeps crashing. The only way I know how to get it going again is to reboot the server. I have no idea what is up with it, because it has worked fine forever until now. Any ideas about what to look for/at? I don't recognize anything in the Event Viewer related to OWA, but maybe I'm unaware of some kind of service/dependancy linkage... Mark "Mark" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:31e701c3fd44$14fc2c20$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Outlook Web Access keeps crashing. The only way I know > how to get it going again is...

Problem: creating memory CDC for drawing and saving into BMP object in different color mode
Definition of problem: 1. I have some function Draw(CDC* dc) for drawing smth on CDC object. The body of function is "black box", I won't change it. 2. I need draw it into memory CDC object. Well, following code will do it for me: CDC mydc; mydc.CreateCompatibleDC(pDC); // pDC is some display DC CBitmap m_bitmap; m_bitmap.CreateCompatibleBitmap(mydc, width, height); // <- creating an internal bitmap CBitmap* m_pOldBitmap = dc.SelectObject(&m_bitmap); Draw(&mydc); // draw scene ........ do smth with mydc ...... if (m_pOldBitmap) mydc.SelectObject(m_pOldBitmap); The...

Money Budget and Mortgage problems HELP!
I set up a budget with my mortgage payment. The problem is, th mortgage payment is acutally showing up on Special when I view th budget and I can't budget anything under special. How do I get th budget to recognize my mortgage so that I don't have to line items i budget one with zero target (special debt) and one with zero expense (debt loan) I am having the same problem. If you or anyone else figures out the answer, please let me know at chelly(remove this)@gci.net. THANK YOU! "marzomarz" wrote: > I set up a budget with my mortgage payment. The problem is, the &...