Activate an active workbook with name x

First I do a save as.. for a workbook and get the name via a input box
(lets say the name gets queried by 'fname'.
How do I later move back to that specific workbook?
Something I needed would look like:

ActiveWorkbook -with the name of 'fname'.Activate

tx
0
gnick (7)

Gmick,

I think fname is a variable in your program.  If so,
Workbooks(fname).Activate
--
Earl Kiosterud

"Gmick" <gnick@chello.nl> wrote in message
> First I do a save as.. for a workbook and get the name via a input box
> (lets say the name gets queried by 'fname'.
> How do I later move back to that specific workbook?
> Something I needed would look like:
>
> ActiveWorkbook -with the name of 'fname'.Activate
>
> tx

0
nowhere1083 (630)
8/9/2004 2:16:58 PM
Earl Kiosterud wrote:

> Gmick,
>
> I think fname is a variable in your program.  If so,
> Workbooks(fname).Activate

Great, thanks!
0
gnick (7)

Active Tasks in Outlook Today
Is there a way to only display active tasks in Outlook Today ...

#name error
i always get #name?? error when am trying to do something with dates... like date difff or date add when i have this expression in the control sourse eg: review date-1=dateadd("m",[evaluation period-1],[hire date]) can anyone help me please In news:1182537677.928523.253520@g37g2000prf.googlegroups.com, kashi <haritha.karanam@gmail.com> wrote: > i always get #name?? error when am trying to do something with > dates... > like date difff or date add > when i have this expression in the control sourse > eg: review date-1=dateadd("m",[evaluation period-1],...

Recurring Service Activities / Items -- CRM 3.0 -- No capability?!
What's the rationale behind *not* having the ability to schedule recurring activities and service items? Have I missed something in workflows or some such? Thanks, ....dgg On May 25, 3:16 pm, David G <David G...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > What's the rationale behind *not* having the ability to schedule recurring > activities and service items? > > Have I missed something in workflows or some such? > > Thanks, > > ...dgg Hi David, Has anyone responded to your question? We are having the same issue and I'm hoping there is a solution avail...

How use name refs for Source Data?
In Source Data > Series > Y Values, I want to use name references (e.g. 'Sheet 1'!Foo:Bar or simply Foo:Bar). Excel 2003 does not seem to permit that. I also tried using a named range (e.g. 'Sheet 1'!FooBar or simply FooBar), to no avail. Is there some way that I can avoid absolute references in the chart Source Data? Hi, You can use named ranges to define chart data. This example uses a workbook and worksheet level names. =SERIES(,Sheet1!ChtLabels,Book1.xls!ChtData,1) Here is a collection of dynamic charting examples, http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Dynamics....

SMTP name generation
Hi Folks I thing my brain has hit a bad sector ;-) I can not remember where you change the way SMTP addresses are generated. i.e. firstname.lastname@domain.com I thought it was under recipient policy but here I can only seem to be able to change the domain name and not the user name generation Where is the option? Cheers SuperPlay Hi, It is a recipient policy - see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;822447 Leif "SuperPlay" <SuperPlay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:53E73318-8342-49C5-8C60-FE55D4DC88CA@microsoft.com... > Hi...

Internal e-mail activities are adding up
As people begin to use CRM and send internal e-mails regarding a particular entity we are seeing a HUGE number of activities adding up. It would be nice in the future if all internal e-mails regarding the entity would be summed up into one activity. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I ...

Notified Office is Not Activated, but it is Activated
When my boss opens any of his Office 2007 products it notifies him that his copy of office is not activated. It has been activated and when I check it through Options it shows that it is activated, but the dialogue pops up each time the programs are opened. I have used the FixIt from KB 919895 to delete the Opa12.dat file which fixed a communications error in activatation, but the product still doesn't think it is properly activated when it is. ...

COUNT /COUNTIF for Multiple Column Defined Dynamic Named Range #2
Hi Myrna, Thank you very much for your assistance. Tin� Myrna Larson Wrote: > > Look at Help for INDEX for more information on how to return an entir > column. > > =COUNTIF(INDEX(Results,0,1),75) > =COUNTIF(INDEX(Results,0,2),75) > =COUNTIF(INDEX(Results,0,30),75) > > On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 19:02:39 -0500, Tin > <Tin.1epiun@excelforum-nospam.com> > wrote: > > > > >Hi, > > > >Would like to use Dynamic Named Range "RESULTS" in Formula. Th > Dynamic > >Named Range "RESULTS" spans 30 COLUMNS and man...

Activity views 09-26-05
Folks When viewing the activities on an account or quote, there appears to be no obvious way to include the date of the activity in the view so it is difficult to determine when the activity was done - resulting in us having to open each and every activity to find the relevant one - and this is time consuming. Any ideas? Regards Gavin The current release of Microsoft CRM does not allow you to customize the activity views at least in a supported fashion. If you scan the archives of this group at groups.google.com for activity view you will find some unsupported methods. Microsoft CR...

Getting the values in a named range
Hi, I want to list, in the inmediate windows, the values of the named ranges in my workbook. I prefer, if possible, not having to specify the worksheet names. I've tried the following code: Sub abc() Dim a For Each n In Names Debug.Print n, n.Name a = n.Value Debug.Print a Next End Sub I get: =sdf!$D$6:$D$8 casa =sdf!$D$6:$D$8 =sdf!$C$12:$D$14 mesa =sdf!$C$12:$D$14 however I would like something like =sdf!$D$6:$D$8 casa 1 2 3 =sdf!$C$12:$D$14 mesa 7 8 9 is this possible? Thank you Na...

cannot edit powerpoint objects embedded in a word document (OS X, Office 2004)
I just bought my first Mac ever (Mac Mini with OS X) and installed a fresh Office 2004 into it. However, I cannot edit powerpoint objects embedded in a word document, which I use a lot. First i get a message saying something like "cannot find server PowerPoint.Slide.8" (I run the Swedish version so I have translated the error mess to english here) If I start Powerpoint manually and then doubleclick again on the ppt-object in Word it also fails, but then the mess is something like "cannot edit PowerPoint.Slide.8" Somebody said that there could be a clash between some fre...

Email to Activity in queue
Hi, I have created a queue and I don't get any email activity from incoming mail. I have this configuration: - CRM Server: CRM 3 (CRMSERVER) - SQL Server: SQL 2000 sp4 (SQLSERVER) - Exchange Server: Exchange 2003 sp2 Cluster environment (EXCCLU1, EXCCLU2). I have installed the CRM-Email Router in both nodes (http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/crm/using/deploy/clusteringexchangeservers.mspx) And I have created the queue in two steps: - Step 1: AD Account with Exchange Mailbox o SELF Allow “Associated external account” o CRMEmailEnabled (Custom Attribute...

Set Default View to Active Accounts
How do I set the default view to be Active Accounts for all users? I thought I had set it by going to Settings>Customizations>Customize Entities>Account>Forms&Views>Active Accounts>More Actions>Set Default. I logged out and logged back in and the default view was still set to My Active Accounts. Please Help. -- TC I hope you published the entity after making the change. Try an iisreset... Sam _______________ Inogic Innovative Logic Innovative solutions for your SME ERP/CRM products E-mail: crm@inogic.com Web: www.inogic.com -------------------------- &qu...

Name Ranges
How do I avoid duplicating name ranges after copying cells that contain a name range? -- Steve ...

Workbook LOCKED
091116 Workbook LOCKED - Up hi, I have ran into a strange formula problem. a line that works follows, the next example somehow got inserted into my sheet. =IF(OR(COUNTIF(EO563:EP563,{"",0,"n/a"})),0,1) This example has 3 0's, had to find this problem the hard way (deleting all cols/rows around it till found). SYMPTOMS: (HOW DO I DELETE ROWS, thanks) - CAN ADD DATA & SAVE, BUT NOT CALCULATE SHEET. sheet will close as "excel has experienced an error & must close". - CAN NOT DELETE ROWS, same consequence. - "CAN&q...

activate, window activate?
Hi, I want code to fire when I deactive excel and select another program and then run again when I active excel again... Private Sub Workbook_SheetDeactivate(ByVal Sh As Object) Range("v3").Font.ThemeColor = xlAutomatic End Sub Tried several, what am I missing? Try this. Hope this helps! If so, let me know, click "YES" below. Private Sub Workbook_WindowDeactivate(ByVal Wn As Excel.Window) Range("V3").Font.ThemeColor = xlAutomatic End Sub -- Cheers, Ryan "John" wrote: > Hi, I want code to fire when I deactive excel an...

The value become wrong when get value by using AppleScript while other worksheet is active.
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I just want to send a bug report. Summary: The value become wrong when get value by using AppleScript while other worksheet is active. Description: 1. Create an AppleScript file with below script. tell application "Microsoft Excel" activate set OriginalWorkbook to workbook "Workbook1" set OriginalData to string value of column 1 of row 1 of worksheet 1 of OriginalWorkbook end tell 2. Launch Excel 2008 and create a Workbook called "Workbook1". 3. Enter time data "11...

Resolution Activities
I am trying to pull resolution activities and whether they are won or lost? Which field stores this information? The Opportunity has a 'state' and 'staus reason' field - you should find that the State field is what you are looking for the 'status reason' is the 'why' (i.e why you won/lost). Guy. "EricaUW" <EricaUW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:74837B1C-40CE-40C5-95A0-DE6D771C9C6E@microsoft.com... >I am trying to pull resolution activities and whether they are won or lost? > Which field stores this information? ...

Changing default from printing Entire Workbook to Active Sheets
In Excel 2007, is there a place to select the data to print? I have a user that when she goes to print a document, the 'print what' section of the print box defaults to 'entire workbook.' She wants it to default to 'active sheets.' Is there a setting in Excel or the Registry that I can edit? Thanks, John ...

string field name
how do i refer to a dynamic field name please. I have fields month1, month2, etc and only want to print the value for the current month Something like =val("[month" & [monthVal] & "]") Thanks One method: Don't bind the control (txtShowCurrent) to anything (set its source to blank). In the section containing the control you should be able to use VBA to assign the value. Me.txtShowCurrent = Me.Controls("Month" & Month(Date()) This solution would require you to have 12 non-visible controls on your report in the relevant ...

Including a formula in a path name.

Quick Campaign creating duplicate activities
When I run a quick campaign for either a contact list or an account list, I get 2 activities per contact or account. It does it for any activity type (e-mail, letter, etc) Has anyone seen this? Does anyone know how (or even where to start) to fix this? If I create a quick campaign for 5 contacts, I would like only 5 activities to be created. Thanks Seems like some how your deployment has duplicate workflow process definition for bulk operation. This definition is created during setup. I dont know how your system might have got into that state. Did you run installation or repair ...

Determine cluster mode Active/Active or Active/Passive??
This is a simple question but I'm new to Exchange 2003 clustering. We have 2-node Exc 2003 Ent cluster here at my new job. I need to apply the Daylight Savings patches this weekend and making sure I've got the process down. What I noticed in Cluster Admin is that I have online groups/resources in each cluster. So I have excluster1 and excluster2. If I check Active Groups for each one, they both have both and both are online. Same deal with Active Resources. So does this mean I have an Active/Active setup? Thanks for any info Active/Active = 2 cluster nodes, both hosting 1 Excha...

Workflow multiplicate activities
I have created 4 workflows for one entity. Each of them starts when the value of custom picklist has been changed. Each of the workflows has stop line at the end. Unfortunatelly for some picklist options there are 4-5 times more created duplicate activities. Is there somebody, who can tell me what is the reason for that ? Best regards, Omega ...

link to other workbooks
In a workbook X I am getting data in a cell from another workbook Y using a formula. When I make a change in workbook Y (for example add a row), it does not get reflected in the formula in workbook X. Is it normal? ** Posted via: http://www.ozgrid.com Excel Templates, Training, Add-ins & Business Software Galore! Free Excel Forum http://www.ozgrid.com/forum *** Hi what do you expect (change of the cell reference?). If one of the workbooks is closed how should Excel be able to change the cell reference. So this is normal :-) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany ak wrote: > In ...