ACTIVATE ACCESS from EXCEL?

Can I activate an Access session (database is already
open) from an Excel macro?

Here some code from MVP John Green that will activate a
certain database in Access. Watch the version issue. This
should get you started:

http://tinyurl.com/66r5x

HTH
Jason
Atlanta, GA

0
jason.morin (561)

Size of excel work book is not full screen
The excel work I have been sent is not full screen (about 3/4 size). Clicking on blue header does not make it full screen. It is not possble to stretch the window either. Maybe the workbook is protected with the windows option checked. Tools|Protection|unprotect workbook (if that option is available) You may need a password. Mike wrote: > > The excel work I have been sent is not full screen (about 3/4 size). Clicking > on blue header does not make it full screen. It is not possble to stretch the > window either. -- Dave Peterson ...

Unable to open Access 95 mdb in Access 97
Hi I am trying to open an old Access 95 mdb in Access 97...I didn't create it but someone who knew the database way back when said that a system.mda file was created for that particular database because it had a lot of personal info in it. (I am not familiar with mda files...the database folder also had a system.ldb file there as well...I deleted that file...but am unsure why it wasn't closed out to begin with) I was able to open Access 97 and repair it...but when I go to open it in Access 97...I get an Automation Error...Cannot find VEENLR3.hlp file. Do you think it may ha...

Excel (Need a formula)
I need a formula that will enable me to count how many of each product there is. For example in one column there could be five different products appear several times and in the column next to it I have the amount of product. I want the formula to look up the two columns and give me the total of each product. Have a look at COUNTIF in Help best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "HeatherV" <HeatherV@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:43C8F5C3-249B-47A5-B72F-14C9BB1CF625@microsoft.com... &...

Make the row limit of excel flexible -not fixed at 65536.
Computer requirements expand. It is now the case wehre we here at Telstra require more rows than the current fixed limit of 65536. I am aware that orther spread sheet systems do supply you with more rows. Perhaps you can make it a selectable option. Increase the limit and also alow users to select their own limit where they create a new worksheet. 99,999 rows would I beleive fix our probelm for ever. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in...

Accessing OPOS Drivers
Any idea how RMS is accessing various OPOS printers, like EPSON, Samsung etc. I tried to access OPOS printers using Microsoft.PointofService.Dll (Application developed using VB.NET, and installed POSfor.NET 1.1 version). It worked fine for EPSON series, but is not working for Samsung SRP-350 series. But RMS is able to print to it. Can someone specify how RMS is accessing various OPOS printers? -- Boss ...

Active Tasks in Outlook Today
Is there a way to only display active tasks in Outlook Today ...

access 11-29-07
Hi.Can you please teach me how to lock my design view and add menu commands in add-ins tab.Your post will be very useful. ...

Is there an Excel Developers Extensions Toolkit
or an equivalent license that allows royalty free distrbution of a runtime version of Excel? "Stevie Ray" wrote... >or an equivalent license that allows royalty free >distrbution of a runtime version of Excel? There is no runtime version of Excel. -- To top-post is human, to bottom-post and snip is sublime. Thanks HG, I just found a reference elsewhere to Microsoft Access Data Components that implies it gives runtime Excel functionality to a program they are selling. Are you familiar with that? >-----Original Message----- >"Stevie Ray" wrote... >&...

Internal e-mail activities are adding up
As people begin to use CRM and send internal e-mails regarding a particular entity we are seeing a HUGE number of activities adding up. It would be nice in the future if all internal e-mails regarding the entity would be summed up into one activity. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I ...

Recurring Service Activities / Items -- CRM 3.0 -- No capability?!
What's the rationale behind *not* having the ability to schedule recurring activities and service items? Have I missed something in workflows or some such? Thanks, ....dgg On May 25, 3:16 pm, David G <David G...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > What's the rationale behind *not* having the ability to schedule recurring > activities and service items? > > Have I missed something in workflows or some such? > > Thanks, > > ...dgg Hi David, Has anyone responded to your question? We are having the same issue and I'm hoping there is a solution avail...

Excel Macro Clipboard Problem
I am trying to copy data from a web page table to an Excel worksheet using a macro. I am doing this be opening the html file, copying the data, and closing the html file. When I close it, I am asked if I want to keep the clipboard contents (I do not). I have to select No manually while the macro runs. How can prevent this? Application.DisplayAlerts = false -- HTH - -Frank Isaacs Dolphin Technology Corp. http://vbapro.com "Glenn H" <hall_glenn@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:00c701c3c978$cc7a2000$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I am trying to copy data from a web page tabl...

Create User Access
I want a user to be able to create users, mailbox and contacts on the server and nothing else. Waht groups should this user be member of? Elplz You'll probably want to make a custom set of permissions. Start with making them an Exchange View Only Administrator. Then apply permissions to the dbs or storage groups that you want them to be able to create mailboxes. Then use the AD delegation of control wizard to give them the permissions they need in AD. Nue "WILDPACKET" <WILDPACKET@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:00D12AC4-CDCB-4974-8E6B-509DB5C81188...

Excel 97/2000 Viewer
I downloaded the viewer for Excel and was not able to view the cell notes for an Excel worksheet. Does anyone know if it is possible to do so with the viewer? ...

Activity views 09-26-05
Folks When viewing the activities on an account or quote, there appears to be no obvious way to include the date of the activity in the view so it is difficult to determine when the activity was done - resulting in us having to open each and every activity to find the relevant one - and this is time consuming. Any ideas? Regards Gavin The current release of Microsoft CRM does not allow you to customize the activity views at least in a supported fashion. If you scan the archives of this group at groups.google.com for activity view you will find some unsupported methods. Microsoft CR...

Notified Office is Not Activated, but it is Activated
When my boss opens any of his Office 2007 products it notifies him that his copy of office is not activated. It has been activated and when I check it through Options it shows that it is activated, but the dialogue pops up each time the programs are opened. I have used the FixIt from KB 919895 to delete the Opa12.dat file which fixed a communications error in activatation, but the product still doesn't think it is properly activated when it is. ...

Allow Programmatic Access Greyed Out
I have Outlook 2007 (Vista) and an Adminstrator ID but have noticed that the settings to Allow Programmatic Access are greyed out. They are set as recommended, and states that my anti virus status is valid, but I believe that I should be able to change the settings if required. Can anyone tell me why they are greyed out? ...

Displaying Dates in Excel
Hello I want to create a basic chart to calculate sales etc. over the past 12 months. Column A will be the dates eg. A3 = April 2003, A4 May 2003 etc. However when I type April 2003 in, Excel changes this to Apr-03. Can anyone help me, so that Excel shows April 2003 exactly as I type it? I am using Excel 2004 Thanks in advance Robin Hi Try changing the format of the cell. Go to Format / Cells and select your choice from the Date list, or make your own up with Custom. -- Andy. "Robin Hourican" <rhourican@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1c45901c4220b$37e8ba00...

Email to Activity in queue
Hi, I have created a queue and I don't get any email activity from incoming mail. I have this configuration: - CRM Server: CRM 3 (CRMSERVER) - SQL Server: SQL 2000 sp4 (SQLSERVER) - Exchange Server: Exchange 2003 sp2 Cluster environment (EXCCLU1, EXCCLU2). I have installed the CRM-Email Router in both nodes (http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/crm/using/deploy/clusteringexchangeservers.mspx) And I have created the queue in two steps: - Step 1: AD Account with Exchange Mailbox o SELF Allow “Associated external account” o CRMEmailEnabled (Custom Attribute...

How to I tell excel not to recognize charcters that are not there.
A server feeds information into my workbook that is needed to find other peices of information in other workbooks. The problem is that when the names are inputed into the first book the names have extra charcters that do not show up. They are blank. The reason why I want to get rid of these is because that cells contents needs to be copied so it can be searched in another book. These "ghost" charcters are comming up in the search and will not find the items I need. I hope I explained my problem correctly. Benjamin Woodruff -- bjwoodruff -----------------------------------------...

Using a two-dimensional array in Excel 2002 or 2003
I am trying to improve my coding skills in Excel VBA and I just can't seem to find a good, very basic, example of how to use a 2-dimensional array. I've looked in several reference books & browsed VBA Forums but can't find an example I can understand. What I was trying to do was define a 3 x 4 Array that has a data type of Single. My sample data is located in Cells E1:H3. E F G H 1 3.4 8.1 11.6 100.3 2 5.2 7.3 45.2 632.4 3 1.7 9.6 39.7 161.5 I've been trying to use the LBound and UBound functions too, thinkin...

fairly basic excel question (i hope)
I don't have any VBA skills but need to combine data from two excel lists. one list (A) has 7000 records with many fields against each unique company, the other list (B) has about half this amount of the same unique companies (all on original list) but 3 additional fields that I need to import into the main dataset. So basically is it possible to set up a formulae that says "If company name in data set B1 = any company name in data set A then import fields B2, B3 B4 into dataset A against matching company name - without disturbing the other fields in A. Any help greatly appreciated...

Set Default View to Active Accounts
How do I set the default view to be Active Accounts for all users? I thought I had set it by going to Settings>Customizations>Customize Entities>Account>Forms&Views>Active Accounts>More Actions>Set Default. I logged out and logged back in and the default view was still set to My Active Accounts. Please Help. -- TC I hope you published the entity after making the change. Try an iisreset... Sam _______________ Inogic Innovative Logic Innovative solutions for your SME ERP/CRM products E-mail: crm@inogic.com Web: www.inogic.com -------------------------- &qu...

Exporting from Smartlist to Dynamic Excel Spreadsheet
Hi, I have a smartlist in GP V10.0 that shows me Purchase Order line items that are outstanding with our suppliers. I currently export to Excel to track shipments as they arrive. My question is "How do I export the smartlist as a Dynamic Excel Spreadsheet so that it automatically updates each time I open it rather than my current manual update?" Thanks. Wayne The optimal solution is to create an excel sheet that has your Company database as the datasource to get updated records when needed. Regards, -- Mohammad R. Daoud MVP, MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS Mob: +962 - 79 -999 6...

lost menu option on excel 2002
i use excel 2000 and 2002 on excel 2000 when i highlight file right click then menu bar come up show open, open read-only, open as copy. on excel 2002 when i hightlight file right click then menu bar come up show select, open, new, print. my question is how can i add these show open..... back to excel 2002. At the File Open dialog box, click on the down arrow next to the Open button. You'll find the options there. ...