Accidently deleted rows in Excel.

Hi all,
I'm not sure how it was done, but I accidently deleted many many rows in my
spreadsheet.  I tried undo, but that's not working.  How do I get all those
rows back?  Thanks for your help!
0
Pelochino (1)

Close the file without saving.
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"Pelochino" <Pelochino@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
> I'm not sure how it was done, but I accidently deleted many many rows in
> my
> spreadsheet.  I tried undo, but that's not working.  How do I get all
> those
> rows back?  Thanks for your help!

0
ng1 (1444)
10/13/2005 8:34:44 PM
If you haven't saved the file, close it without saving. Of
course, you'll lose all the other changes you made. Beyond that,
there is nothing you can do.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Pelochino" <Pelochino@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
> Hi all,
> I'm not sure how it was done, but I accidently deleted many
> many rows in my
> spreadsheet.  I tried undo, but that's not working.  How do I
> get all those
> rows back?  Thanks for your help!

0
chip1 (1821)

Recover Deleted Items #9
Hi All, Enviroment: Exchange 2003 SP2, Outllook 2003 SP3 On Outlook => Tools => Recover Deleted Items Option greyed out. I've verified Mailbox had configured 7 days deletion under Limit tab. I also regedit as shown here http://cyberst0rm.blogspot.com/2007/04/how-to-recover-deleted-items-in.html but no lucks, Can anyone show me show direction? Tan. SWAG: Are you going to the Deleted Items folder to try Tools | Recover Deleted Items? -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com Author - The Lawyer's ...

CListCtrl debug assert failure when adding row
I have a class CMyListCtrl which is derived from CListCtrl. On the OnInitDialog() method of the owner dialog of the List Control I have my methods that set up the report List Control columns and add one test line of data (InsertRow()) to it. The List control displays fine after this and the data is added without any problems. However if I try to add data later (i.e. call InsertRow()) I get the following error: ======= Debug Assertion Failed! Program: ..\Debug\Test.exe File: winctrl.cpp Line: 483 ======== The last line to execute in my code before this assertion error is in CMyListC...

Deleted messages keep coming back
For some reason, deleted messages from my inbox, read and unread, keep showing back up as new messages even after I delete them. Any idea why this is happening? thanks for all the info you have given us? check your e-mail settings, when you delete e-mail, are they being deleted from the server of whoever you use? >WT< "sbmike12" <sbmike12@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:021FB23A-045C-46D1-A29D-936BAF663260@microsoft.com... > For some reason, deleted messages from my inbox, read and unread, keep > showing back up as new messages ...

Dynamic list boxes in Excel
I am trying to set up a model where a list box (drop down box) changes the selection options available to the end user dynamically, based on what is selected in the PREVIOUS drop down list, like the way it works on some web pages. Is that do-able in Excel? I am completely stumped, and any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! :confused: --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ You can create dropdown lists in cells by using data validation. There are instructions for dependent lists here: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal02.html vnair wrote: > I am trying to...

Excel formula flicker / erase formula / won't close
I'm having a really weird problem with Excel. I'm hoping someone has seen this before. Here are some of the problems. It appears like Excel is stuck in some loop. Maybe a bad system file? 1. Excel CPU usage is around 75% even when I'm not doing anything in Excel. 2. When I try to edit the formula on the formula bar, Excel just types garbage and erases the formula. 3. The formula flickers like it's being refreshed over and over. 4. When I drag and drop, the contents vanish. 5. Excel won't close even if there are no workbooks loaded. I've tried uninstalling...

excel 2007 11 x 17 chart printing problem
I can not get a chart to print on 11 x 17 using excel 2007. The printer just shows spooling. ...

Named range row/column reference
Hello, I am using named ranges in a VBA macro StudentNbr is A26:A45 TestWeek is E25:X25 TestScores is E26:X45 As you can see this is a grid of data with student numbers down th left side, test week numbers across the top and the grid containin test scores. I would like to update the cells in TestScores based on the positio of the values in the StudentNbr and TestWeek named ranges using: Range("TestScores") (vStudentNbr,vTestWeek).value = vTestScore *Is there a way to get vStudentNbr and vTestWeek as relative reference to the beginning of their respective named ranges? *...

Delete a voucher
How can I delete a voucher that has a negative balance (failed experiment from two years ago)? Hi Kakalina You can always query via administrator, but one of the things I've learned about RMS is you need to be aware of all the tables you should update or you'll risk creating orphaned records. Wait a few days for some additional feedback and suggestions to your question If you don't get any additional postings and you just must delete that voucher with a negative balance, run these queries select * from voucher where balance < 0; this will show you all vouchers with...

Deleting Files
Is there a way in Outlook 2010 (beta) to get the "do you really want to do this" message when shift-deleting files? Also, in 2010 there is an Inbox in both the folder listings for "Outlook Data File" and "my email address" headings. What's the difference. I'm moving up from Outlook 2002....big jump! Phil vK wrote: > Is there a way in Outlook 2010 (beta) to get the "do you really want to do > this" message when shift-deleting files? > > Also, in 2010 there is an Inbox in both the folder listings for "Outlook ...

Cannot password protect an Excel doc.
I created a Excel doc., entered a password to protect it but doc. will open without a password. Tried it serveral times. Armil In article <1191159590.105794.87590@g4g2000hsf.googlegroups.com>, armil <armil.2930@verizon.net> wrote: > I created a Excel doc., entered a password to protect it but doc. will > open without a password. Tried it serveral times. Did you enter the password by clicking on Options in the Save As dialog, and entering the password in the Password to open file input box? Did you create a password to *Open* or a password to *Modify*? If the latter, n...

Unable to activate Trace Precedents or Dependents in Excel 2003
I have an Excel 2003 file and Formula Auditing is activated on the Menu bar. But on the Formula Auditing menu the Trace functions do not "activate" or light "light up" when I I have my cursor on a cell with a formula. Thus, no Trace lines appear. I activated Circular Reference in menus as well and the same thing happens, i.e., the Tracer lines will not activate on the menu (the buttons do not activate). I did not create this file, it was given to me by a coworker. All auditing features work in my own Excel files. Any ideas on how to activate the Tracer buttons? (The ...

Cannot reuse company ID after deletion
I have 4 companies, 3 where created using demo version and the framework used in the demo does not match the framework of the live version where we have the main (large company). I backed up the 3 small entities in the demo version and restored them using Visual Studio. I tried to synchronize the 3 companies but evidently the framework issue is causing problems. They are small and were created/used to demo the program to the client. I can recreate them in the live version, less than 20 checks/vendors created in each company. I deleted the companies within GP but when I try to creat...

datedif in nederlandse versie van excel
In engelse versies van Excel bestaat een functie voor het uitrekenen van een verschil in op te geven eenheden tussen een start en eind datum. Deze doet het niet wanneer je in een nederlandse versie van excel werkt. Kent iemand de nederlandse variant of een plek waar je een add-in voor de functie kunt binnenhalen? bij voorbaat dank. Sybolt DATUMVERSCHIL -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "developer" <develop@costermedia.nl> wrote in message news:499a6ff9$0$188$e4fe514c@news.xs4all.nl... > In engelse versies van Excel bestaat een functie voor h...

Data from a number of rows and columns to one column
How can I get my data after doing a paste special transpose from looking like this: A B C D 1 1 1 1 2 2 2 2 3 3 3 3 To look like this: A 1 2 3 B 1 2 3 C 1 2 3 D 1 2 3 Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks, Mark In A1 of a new sheet, try: =OFFSET(Sheet1!$A$1,ROW()-(ROUNDUP(ROW()/5,0)*5-5)- 1,ROUNDUP(ROW()/5,0)-1) where your source data is in Sheet1, starting in A1. Make sure to click row 5 of your source data, enter ="", and press <ctrl><enter>. That'll prevent 0's from appearing in the empty rows. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Or...

Exchange Calenders Deleting all Appointments
Hi All, We run Exchange 2000 using MS Outlook clients. I'm having issues where some users are having all appointments from their calenders vanish. This doesn't affect everybody. Help needed! Doreen Do these clients also run software for syncronize PDA's /LasseP "Doreen" <dnewman@spam.gov.au> wrote in message news:40a05594$1@usenet.per.paradox.net.au... > Hi All, We run Exchange 2000 using MS Outlook clients. I'm having issues > where some users are having all appointments from their calenders vanish. > This doesn't affect everybody. Hel...

Recovering accidently deleted word .doc
Hi, I've made a bad mistake today by accidently deleting a folder that contained a .doc file I was working on for some days. Recycle Bin's empty and on top of it I missed making a backup ... I've already tried to recover it with several tools, but I would only find some images that where stored in the same folder. The doc's gone. I have tried Restoration Version 2.5.14 and the PCI Filerecovery trial. Is there a chance, that contents of the file are still there, but under a different name? (I have also tried searching for .asd and .tmp files without success.) Or does anybody ...

written data, connect to Excel or???
I have an Excel MIS where each column represents a different job/client/report. The top rows contain formulas that calculate costs, elapsed days, days between draft and final reports, etc. and also rows that contain start dates and report dates (job closure). Lower rows contain hours by month and year that do not print in the "standard report." Costs are calculated only when the report is issued and in the year the report is issued. Everything works well. If text comments were desired for each job (perhaps to give a history for suspensions and key events, what alternatives woul...

inserting and deleting blank rows in selected range
I wanted to know how to insert a blank row alternatively between range of rows. It would be good if u can advise me on this. I wanted to know how to delete blanks row simultaneously between range of rows. It would be good if u can advise me on this. Highlight the entire row by clicking on the row number (in the gra area), you may click and drag (if you want to add several rows) Then right click and hit insert -- Mandy1 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Mandy11's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1300 View th...

Integration Manger delete from odbc source
I would like to build an SOP integration to load invoices. The source will be Oracle via odbc. After an integration run, I need to know to not reload those invoices on the next run. Choices I can think of are: 1. After an integration run, delete the invoices from the Oracle source tables. 2. Create a table in my Dynmaics DB of already loaded invoice batches and write to this table after each successful run. Does anyone have any other suggestions? Is there a way to delete from the Oracle tables with IM? Does any one have any sample scripts which do something like 2? Thanks, Lar I think ...

Cannot Delete Online Statement
I am using Money 2002. I exported an online statement from my bank. For some unknown reason, a whole year's worth of transactions were dowloaded. (Over 1000 transactions). Only 8 of these are new. I searched for online help and found information on Microsoft that said to right click on "Transactions to Read" and choose delete from the drop-down menu. My right click menu only has "Read Statement". There is no delete option. I can't find a way to uncheck all transactions and then check the eight I need to update. So, if can't delete the statement, I will ha...

converting works 4.5 files to be read in excel 2002
Or can you even do this. I know you can convert works to word. Thanks for the help ...

Why do my questions get deleted sometimes?
Apologies, I have posted this on the worksheet functions group too... I love the feedback I get from these groups, but every now and then, my messages get deleted. I'd like to know what I'm doing wrong. Many of my messages ARE posted and answered, and I'm grateful for that, but one or two get removed - regardless of how often I post them. I don't swear or say anything bad about Excel - I love it. So why don't they get posted are there some words or subjects that I should avoid? Will this one get deleted - it's a bit off subject? But I'd love to have an ans...

Excel Slow inserting rows
Hi, I have had this problem now on 1 machine where if the user goes to insert a new row in a spreadsheet it sometimes takes 8/9 seconds and then carrys on. Sometimes it does it as it should, ie instantly other times it delays. The pc is running Windows 2000 and its an XP2200 CPU with 256mb of ram. His older machine did this job faster, I have already re-installed Windows once with no Joy and ive even tried both Excel 97 and Excel 2003 - with the same results. I have tried disabling anti-virus (no firewall because its behind a network firewall and router), ive checked for common probl...

how to use Field codes in Excel
Hi, I am facing a problem in using custom property values in excel worksheet. Here is my requirement. I want to display the Version No in the footer. how to do the same using custom properties. I have used field codes in Word but could not find the same in excel. Can you pls help ASAP "Radhika" wrote... >I am facing a problem in using custom property values in >excel worksheet. Here is my requirement. I want to >display the Version No in the footer. how to do the same >using custom properties. I have used field codes in Word >but could not find the s...

Delete Services
Hi all, does anybody know why my CRM doesn't allow me to delete services (Settings -> Services)? Thank you in advance, Jevgenij Yes, you can't delete services but you can deactivate. The idea is not lose any related data. Similar to BUs and Users. "Jevgenij Martynenko" wrote: > Hi all, > > does anybody know why my CRM doesn't allow me to delete services > (Settings -> Services)? > > Thank you in advance, > Jevgenij > ...