Access Query Question

I'm pretty new to Access, but old to SQL, so I can follow
what's going on.  My quesion:  Is there a way to sum a
field in Access using a condition on a field that I don't
want in my output.  In SQL it's:

Select sum(dollars) as Dollars
From Table1
Where Region = '001'

Here, Region 001 dollars are summed, but the region isn't
displayed.
0
anonymous (74718)

Please post in the Access Forum - not Excel

0
anonymous (74718)

Outlook Web Access AutoSignature

Restricting access to note attachments

Access 2003 and Access 2007 Synchronization

Excel Row to Access Columns

Access

Excel, ODBC and creating queries
Does anyone know of a way to create a query based on values or formula in a spreadsheeet? Thanks in advance, J -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com From reading between the lines of your post, I am guessing that you have an Access Database with which you want to create a query based on a spreadsheet. If this is the case, you will need to open your database and in the tables section of your databse , right mouse click in the area showing your table names, and select "Link Tables" from the menu. Once you have followed the rest of the steps in the link wizard, a...

access mail on WEB

Scroll Bar question
This is kind of hard to explain, but here it goes. Let's say I start with a spreadsheet that has 10,000 rows of data. Then I decide to delete 3,000 of these rows. When I use the scroll bar to go to the bottom of the spreadsheet, it takes me to row 10,000. Or, if I use control + end, it goes to row 10,000 as well. Is there a way to "reset" the scroll bar to now know that the bottom of the data is row 7,000? I know I could just copy it into a new spreadsheet. But I am just curious. The same can be asked about deleted columns too. Thank you. Visit Debra Dalg...

access or mount mirrored hard disks

RE: MS Money 2006 questions..
Hello, Once again, I upgraded and the software screws up I have no idea why I keep on buying MS Money..... Anyways, just wondering if it is possible to select multiple transactions and designate them all to be of specific category like "Dining Out or Groceries"? Also, is it secure to just let my information get stored on the web under my email address?? Since, if the program fails again I won't have to keep on re-adding transactions and balance my accounts over and over again? Thanks. In microsoft.public.money, Jerry wrote: > >Once again, I upgraded and the so...

Access Database In Great Plains

CRM v4 Accessibility Improvements

Problem with Union Query for a ComboBox
I'm upsizing an Access DB to SQL Server and updating the queries as needed. The only thing that's changed in the query below are the new names in SQL Server, yet instead of returning * <Show All> Dispatched Dispatched Not Ready Not Ready Ready for Dispatch Ready for Dispatch I'm getting... <Show All> <Show All> Dispatched Dispatched Not Ready Not Ready Ready for Dispatch Ready for Dispatch Its a query for a combo box which places <Show ...

Excel Question 11-12-09
Can someone help a newB about how to copy a cell (which contains a count formula) to another worksheet. I need it to just copy the # so it can go into a worksheet that is totaling order #'s? 1) Copy the cell with the formula in it showing the value you want 2) Switch to the other sheet and select the target cell (do not press ENTER on it) 3) Click on EDIT > PASTE SPECIAL > Values That should paste in just the value of the formula, not the formula itself. Does that help? -- "Actually, I *am* a rocket scientist." -- JB (www.MadRocketScientist.com) Your...

Upsizing Access to SQL Server 2000

Outlook Web Access #19

Null Value
Has Excel ever fixed the problem of not being able to have a foruml result in a true "NULL" value (even though null is nothing). I went throgh this with Excel a few years ago and to make a very lon complicated story short, no one (techs, engineers, product development could solve the problem. Results like 0, "", "Null", etc. will no work for what I'm doing because it requires many tiers of calculations I'm buying the beer if anyone can help me with this on3e ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip....

Not all recipients receiving email from Query Based Distribution list
Hi, I'm running Exchange 2003 (SP1) in native mode. I have a query based distribution group which includes both mailbox and contact recipients. In all there's about 1000 users included altogether. When we use this distribution group we find some users are reporting they're not receiving the email. We have investigated this and the claim does seem to be correct, even though the users in question do appear in the query-based distribution group preview. Has anyone else experienced this problem? Or does anyone have any idea what could cause it? Thanks, Curtis. -- Please re...

Accounting with Ms Access

Newbie question re column name does not belong to table item
This is my first time with XML and first time with vb.Net so it's an up hill learning curve for me but I would appreciate any help with this probably simple request. I've got a couple of column names in an xml source that my vb.net application can't handle. I know its because there is a ":" in both columns but i don't know of a way to treat the xml as a string, change the column names and then feed the results to an xmltextreader. regards, AndyB this is my xml feed: earthquake data from USGS. http://earthquake.usgs.gov/recenteqsww/eqs1day-M2.5.xml below is the err...

BP3 Site Settings access