Access denied when running Excel from DOS prompt with runas comman 04-21-10

Hi

I executed the following command from the DOS prompt:

runas /user:mypc.domain\dummyuser2 "C:\Documents and Settings\All
Users\Start Menu\Programs\Microsoft Office\Excel.exe"

I got the following prompt:
Enter the password for mypc.domain\dummyuser2:

After entering the password, I got the following messages:
Attempting to start C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start
Menu\Programs\Microsoft Office\Excel.exe as user "mypc.domain\dummyuser2" ...
RUNAS ERROR: Unable to run - C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start
Menu\Programs\Microsoft Office\Excel.exe
5: Access is denied.

BTW, I had to use the 'runas' from the command prompt  because the
shift-rightmouseclick and 'run as' from the start menu did not work.

Thanks

On 4/21/2010 3:02 PM, Cam wrote:
> Hi
>
> I executed the following command from the DOS prompt:
>
> runas /user:mypc.domain\dummyuser2 "C:\Documents and Settings\All
> Users\Start Menu\Programs\Microsoft Office\Excel.exe"
>
> I got the following prompt:
> Enter the password for mypc.domain\dummyuser2:
>
> After entering the password, I got the following messages:
> Attempting to start C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start
> Menu\Programs\Microsoft Office\Excel.exe as user "mypc.domain\dummyuser2" ...
> RUNAS ERROR: Unable to run - C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start
> Menu\Programs\Microsoft Office\Excel.exe
> 5: Access is denied.
>
> BTW, I had to use the 'runas' from the command prompt  because the
> shift-rightmouseclick and 'run as' from the start menu did not work.
>
> Thanks
Does Excel start if you start it normally, i.e. not using runas?

Why do you need "runas"?

Bill
0
Billns

Restricting access to note attachments

Outlook Web Access AutoSignature

excel template #9
I want to make excel template (like invoice.xlt, village software.xlt, expenses.xlt etc. which are readymade in Excel). Is there any website which will help me learn with easy steps to prepare template files? Pl. guide. -- Knowldege is Power Maybe you can glean some stuff from J.E. McGimpsey: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/udfs/sequentialnums.html Ajit Munj wrote: > > I want to make excel template (like invoice.xlt, village software.xlt, > expenses.xlt > etc. which are readymade in Excel). Is there any website which will help > me learn with easy steps to prepare template...

MS Office '04 swells my fontTablesAnnex
So this is bothering me enough to tell y'all. (This happens with 10.3.5 and 10.3.6) I have the entire Adobe Font Folio OTF Edition in my ~/Library/Fonts/. After months of working perfect with Adobe CS and MS Office X, my fontTablesAnnex file was around 6MB. All was well. The first time I launch any MS Office 2004 app the fontTableAnnex file skyrockets north of 200MB. Now I realize that Office needs to build it's own cache, but why can't it leave the system cache alone? Is it possible to change this behavior? Considering reverting to Office X Bill In article <1113350349.81619...

Access 2003 and Access 2007 Synchronization

Excel should have an open/close high/low chart for stock market u.
We're trying to develop a chart that would compare the price of grain traded on the Chicago Board of Trade (cbot) to our average price reported in Iowa. It would require four data points for the cbot info - open/close & high/low - and one for the comparator, in this case the average price for our state. We would like to see this chart added to Excel, but even if it is not added, we welcome any suggestions or recommendations of charting software compatible with Excel. Oh, by the way, we're using Excel 2003. Hi, Jon Peltier has a few stock (ochl) chart variations, check his...

Excel Row to Access Columns

HELP: VBScript to detect error messages in excel VBA
I wish to use vbscript to automate macros running over many workbooks. I will allow a number to run at any given time, therefore i need to use vbscript to detect if a macro has ended. This is not posing an issue. The issue I foresee is if the macro being run in the excel book decides to error (maybe because an SQL server is down, or any reason really)... I need the ability to have vbscript work out that the runtime error has occurred in the excel workbook, kill the application, then re-launch the workbook to allow the maco a second run. Essentially, how will i use vbscript to...

Access

Excel, ODBC and creating queries
Does anyone know of a way to create a query based on values or formula in a spreadsheeet? Thanks in advance, J -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com From reading between the lines of your post, I am guessing that you have an Access Database with which you want to create a query based on a spreadsheet. If this is the case, you will need to open your database and in the tables section of your databse , right mouse click in the area showing your table names, and select "Link Tables" from the menu. Once you have followed the rest of the steps in the link wizard, a...

access mail on WEB

access or mount mirrored hard disks

CRM v4 Accessibility Improvements

Access Database In Great Plains

Charts Excel 2003
I have several Dynamic Charts that plot daily data and a Month to date value. I show the data table. I am using line charts, and adding a Trendline. How can I show the Month To Date value without having it affect the daily trendline? You shouldn't include the MTD value as part of the daily value series. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Gringarlow" <Gringarlow@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8CD46CAB-4A3F-457A-8C6B-03FF488C0011@microsoft.c...

making a primary key in excel
hiya, i would just like to know howq you can format a column so that it automatically inserts an ID when i input a new record. ta ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ your best bet is to have a formula such as =A1+1 in the cell A2, but you would need to drag this formula down. If you don't want users to overtype this, you'd need to lock it down and protect the sheet. Cheers, Katherine "electric_d" <electric_d.vqwbb@excelforum-nospam...

Excel Question 11-12-09
Can someone help a newB about how to copy a cell (which contains a count formula) to another worksheet. I need it to just copy the # so it can go into a worksheet that is totaling order #'s? 1) Copy the cell with the formula in it showing the value you want 2) Switch to the other sheet and select the target cell (do not press ENTER on it) 3) Click on EDIT > PASTE SPECIAL > Values That should paste in just the value of the formula, not the formula itself. Does that help? -- "Actually, I *am* a rocket scientist." -- JB (www.MadRocketScientist.com) Your...

Upsizing Access to SQL Server 2000

Outlook Web Access #19

Excel Student Absentee worksheet
I have in the first row the school days for this year In the first column I have all my student names. I want to enter a 1 if the student is absent that day, and if they come in or leave early the time, i.e., 8:34. Our school day runs from 8 till 3, which is 420 minutes. I want a column that keeps a running total of days and minutes a student is absent. When I type in 8:34 for instance, I want it to subtract the number of minutes missed from the total day and write it in the same cell while also adding to the 'days missed' column the total day/minutes missed. When a student is tardy ...

Break
Hi, I've happen to forgot my password on excel file, is there a remedy to break through password ? Any suggest greatly appreciate it. Sothea See http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/fileandvbapwords.html In article <BA385061-C0EB-4778-8742-0AD31D829903@microsoft.com>, "Soth" <Soth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi, > > I've happen to forgot my password on excel file, is there a remedy to break > through password ? > > Any suggest greatly appreciate it. > > Sothea Online password recovery service at passwordnow.com(expres...

How do I print a footer on the last page only of an excel doc?
How do I print a footer on the last page only of an excel doc? Is this possible? Hi Only with code Sub test() Dim TotPages As Long TotPages = Application.ExecuteExcel4Macro("GET.DOCUMENT(50)") With ActiveSheet.PageSetup .RightFooter = "" ActiveSheet.PrintOut From:=1, To:=TotPages - 1 .RightFooter = "Your Header info" ActiveSheet.PrintOut From:=TotPages, To:=TotPages End With End Sub -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "CLDelafield" <CLDelafield@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote i...