Access an excel file through FTP without write protection

Hi experts
I placed a question yesterday - approximately 28 hours ago - nobody have
reacted on it - please tell me if you don't understand my question because
my English is to bad.

thanks
jj

0
jj5755 (3)

Very slow Excel
Hi, Recently my excel has trouble opening and closing my workbooks. I takes about 30 seconds to open or close a workbook. Furthermore, i takes far too long to save a workbook. Can anyone tell me if there is a way to speed things up? My workbooks are not large, so that should not be a problem. There ar VBA scripts in the workbooks, but not much, so that should not be problem either. If you have any idea what I can do about this, please respond. Yours truly, Berend Botj -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi, Not too sure myself, but I first think of these areas: 1) Is yo...

Price Comparison Macro
I have a workbook with four sheets in it. On each of the first three sheets, located in cells F33:F52 and N33:N52 are unit prices. The fourth sheet is blank. I would like to know if (and how) a macro can be created that would look at the unit price in cell F33 of Sheet 1, then compare it to the unit price in F33 of Sheet 2 and F33 of Sheet three, decide which is the lowest, and place it in the cell F33 of sheet 4. Then, look at the next cell (F34) and do the same thing, etc. I am an absolute novie with VBA, but really need this. It would make my life so much easier. Thanks. Gosh...

Outlook Web Access AutoSignature

Restricting access to note attachments

The system file cannot be specified
I don't know if this is the right group but I hope someone can help. I have XP Home with Service Pack 3. I have a file on my NTFS slave drive with following entry in one of its directories: 01 - O 'twas a joyful sound to hear (Colchester) _Tansus/mq3 Obviously there's an invalid character in the name but I can't delete it. Every time I do, it says: "The system file cannot be specified." It has a file length of 0 bytes. I have tried many ways to delete this, but nothing works. Here are just two of the many things I've tried: http://support.mic...

excel template #9
I want to make excel template (like invoice.xlt, village software.xlt, expenses.xlt etc. which are readymade in Excel). Is there any website which will help me learn with easy steps to prepare template files? Pl. guide. -- Knowldege is Power Maybe you can glean some stuff from J.E. McGimpsey: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/udfs/sequentialnums.html Ajit Munj wrote: > > I want to make excel template (like invoice.xlt, village software.xlt, > expenses.xlt > etc. which are readymade in Excel). Is there any website which will help > me learn with easy steps to prepare template...

Access 2003 and Access 2007 Synchronization

Meeting/Appointment file and/or text incluede
Hi folks, is it possible to include text and/or attachment for the organisation in Meetings and Appointments when the staff is scheduling apointments/meetings? Thanks in advanced. - Bjarni ...

Open file dialog on Vista
I am adapting my apps for Vista. The apps need to run on all Win32/Win64 platforms, and are still in VC6, with the February 2003 PSDK. By writing my own version of CFileDialog (based on Paul DiLascia's code) I was able to obtain the file dialog with the places bar on W2K/XP, while showing the old file dialog on other platforms. But what do I need to do to get the new Vista open file dialog on Vista? As it is I am getting the XP one. David Wilkinson Hi David, I don't know a lot about that level of Vista yet (just used it as a user, haven't really ported to it yet), but...

Excel Row to Access Columns

Excel should have an open/close high/low chart for stock market u.
We're trying to develop a chart that would compare the price of grain traded on the Chicago Board of Trade (cbot) to our average price reported in Iowa. It would require four data points for the cbot info - open/close & high/low - and one for the comparator, in this case the average price for our state. We would like to see this chart added to Excel, but even if it is not added, we welcome any suggestions or recommendations of charting software compatible with Excel. Oh, by the way, we're using Excel 2003. Hi, Jon Peltier has a few stock (ochl) chart variations, check his...

Excel, ODBC and creating queries
Does anyone know of a way to create a query based on values or formula in a spreadsheeet? Thanks in advance, J -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com From reading between the lines of your post, I am guessing that you have an Access Database with which you want to create a query based on a spreadsheet. If this is the case, you will need to open your database and in the tables section of your databse , right mouse click in the area showing your table names, and select "Link Tables" from the menu. Once you have followed the rest of the steps in the link wizard, a...

Access

HELP: VBScript to detect error messages in excel VBA
I wish to use vbscript to automate macros running over many workbooks. I will allow a number to run at any given time, therefore i need to use vbscript to detect if a macro has ended. This is not posing an issue. The issue I foresee is if the macro being run in the excel book decides to error (maybe because an SQL server is down, or any reason really)... I need the ability to have vbscript work out that the runtime error has occurred in the excel workbook, kill the application, then re-launch the workbook to allow the maco a second run. Essentially, how will i use vbscript to...

access mail on WEB

access or mount mirrored hard disks

Access Database In Great Plains

CRM v4 Accessibility Improvements

Extracting a ZIP file in Powershell
I have a function that I found that will extract the zip files in powershell I'm running this on a script on a remote machine that does not have powershell 2.0 function Extract-Zip { param([string]$zipfilename, [string] $destination) if(test-path($zipfilename)) { $shellApplication = new-object -com shell.application $zipPackage = $shellApplication.NameSpace($zipfilename) $destinationFolder = $shellApplication.NameSpace($destination) $destinationFolder.CopyHere($zipPackage.Items()) } } Example to use this function is: extract-zip c:\temp\test.zip D:\ I have a coupl...

Upsizing Access to SQL Server 2000

Excel Question 11-12-09
Can someone help a newB about how to copy a cell (which contains a count formula) to another worksheet. I need it to just copy the # so it can go into a worksheet that is totaling order #'s? 1) Copy the cell with the formula in it showing the value you want 2) Switch to the other sheet and select the target cell (do not press ENTER on it) 3) Click on EDIT > PASTE SPECIAL > Values That should paste in just the value of the formula, not the formula itself. Does that help? -- "Actually, I *am* a rocket scientist." -- JB (www.MadRocketScientist.com) Your...

Charts Excel 2003
I have several Dynamic Charts that plot daily data and a Month to date value. I show the data table. I am using line charts, and adding a Trendline. How can I show the Month To Date value without having it affect the daily trendline? You shouldn't include the MTD value as part of the daily value series. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Gringarlow" <Gringarlow@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8CD46CAB-4A3F-457A-8C6B-03FF488C0011@microsoft.c...

.OFX Files
I am running Vista Home Premium 32 bit with Money 06 - Canadian Edition. My Bank sends its account data in ofx files. There is a conflict between Money 2006 and another programme. Both use ofx files. I did work out how to set the system up so that I can direct the ofx file to whatever programme I choose. However, when I take the saved ofx file and direct it to Money 2006, with Money open at the Bank Account, nothing happens. When I let it come up for the other programme, a screen appears giving me direction as to how to download it, etc. Having downloaded the material from my Bank, it ...

making a primary key in excel
hiya, i would just like to know howq you can format a column so that it automatically inserts an ID when i input a new record. ta ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ your best bet is to have a formula such as =A1+1 in the cell A2, but you would need to drag this formula down. If you don't want users to overtype this, you'd need to lock it down and protect the sheet. Cheers, Katherine "electric_d" <electric_d.vqwbb@excelforum-nospam...