absolute reference #2

When I am typing a formula, is there a fast way to designate an absolute
reference? I keep having to go back and put in the "$" sign, which takes a
lot of time. Thanks.
0
danO (10)

Hit F4 when the cursor is near the address. That is, when typing the formula
or afterwards. F4 toggles between the various mixes of absolute and relative
addressing.

--

Kind Regards,

Niek Otten

Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Dano" <Dano@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I am typing a formula, is there a fast way to designate an absolute
> reference? I keep having to go back and put in the "$" sign, which takes a
> lot of time. Thanks.

0
nicolaus (2022)
2/25/2005 9:25:07 PM
What if the initial data is an import from Access?

Thank you
Madonna

"Niek Otten" wrote:

> Hit F4 when the cursor is near the address. That is, when typing the formula
> or afterwards. F4 toggles between the various mixes of absolute and relative
> addressing.
>
> --
>
> Kind Regards,
>
> Niek Otten
>
> Microsoft MVP - Excel
>

> "Dano" <Dano@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > When I am typing a formula, is there a fast way to designate an absolute
> > reference? I keep having to go back and put in the "$" sign, which takes a
> > lot of time. Thanks.

0
Madonna (2)

Outlook Synchronization Error #2
Has anyone ever encountered the following issue when sychronizing the Outlook Client (Online) with CRM. A SQL Server error occurred. Try this action again. If the problem continues... Then in an SQL trace I get an exception that states: Invalid object name 'SubscriptionManuallyTrackedObject'. I'm not sure what this object is. I don't think it's a table or view. ...

Histogram with 2 axis
Hi, In a histogram chart type, I have several countries on the x axis and two rectangles for each country giving their gdp and gdp per capita level. What I want to do is assign gdp to the left Y-axis and gdp per capita to the right Y-axis. Usually, I just change the data series option so it assign it to the secondary axis. However, when I do this in an histogram, excel also automatically group the two rectangles together for each country. Does anyone knows how to avoid that ? I'm using office XP. Thanks a lot for your help! ------------------------------------------------ ~~...

Outlook has encountered a problem #2
I get a message reading Windows Error. Then Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close. It asks if you want to send Microsoft a report of the problem which I have done. Then it asks if you want to reopen Outlook. Anybody have a solution? ...

replacing cell references with the actual values they refer to
Hi folks, After perusing the topics in this group, I'm sure this will be an easy one for someone. I have a large number of cells that contain numeric values from cells in other worksheets. I would like to replace the reference with the actual values being displayed in the cells. In other words, eliminate any references to other cells with the values in the cells. I suppose it would be like a cut and paste special - paste values - operation. I suppose this is what I should have done in the first place. The problem is I have 88 worksheets and I don't want to go through all the cut ...

Cyclic reference? (full)
Hello, (please ignore the previous post, I made a mistake and sent it before I had finished writing it) I've got an excellent code from www.codeproject.com by Wes Jones to receive notifications when a file is created or modified in a particular folder. It's based on two main classes: CDirectoryChangeWatcher - to detect file creation and modification events CDirectoryChangeHandler - a class that receives notification about file changes from CDirectoryChangeWatcher, which should be inherited so you can handle the notifications on your app. I'm developing a simple app which detec...

Absolute Field Validation
My main form is based on tbl_household_info which stores contact information and subform is based on tbl_family_member which stores name, gender, birthdate, etc. On the subform, I have a field called relationship that can be any of these values: Head of HH Husband Wife Son Daughter What I would like to happen is that one of the family members must be set to Head of HH before letting the user go to another household. In other words, when pressing the backward or forward navigation button of the main form, it needs to check to make sure Head of HH is selected for current family...

Printing 2 page layout booklet on Publisher
I have followed all of the directions for printing a two page booklet. The booklet prints, but the second side of the pages are upside down. I'm using an Imagistics cm4520 printer. I used a catalog template that Publisher already has formatted. How do I get the second side of each sheet to print right side up? Do you have a setting in the printer setup that is similar to "flip pages up?" Deselect it if you do. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Kateri" <Kateri@discussions.microsoft.co...

file locations #2
I would like to know in what folder I can find my saved e- mail messages so I can save them to a back-up disk "Don" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:044701c3db05$1bbe6d90$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I would like to know in what folder I can find my saved e- > mail messages so I can save them to a back-up disk What OS and what version of Outlook? ...

CHECK BOX #2
HI All I have a check box linked to cell I6 when checked it returns TRUE when unchecked it returns FALSE how can i change this to say YES instead of true and NO instead of FALSE Use an IF formula in another cell to read the cell-link and return the desired outcome. For example, Put in J16: =IF(I16=TRUE,"YES","NO") -- Rgds Max xl 97 -- Please respond, in newsgroup xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com --- "JInx" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C3AE9C9B-9F59-4A3D-B030-162AB158D111@microsoft.com... > HI All, > > I h...

relative vs absolute paths for images
I am doing some experimenting and I am having problems displaying images with a relative path. In the Northwind sample database (Access 2003), there is an Employees table that has a field named Photo. The external photos are in the same folder as the database so just the file name is entered in the table field (EmplD1.bmp, EmplD2.bmp, etc.). But if I were building a database, I would want the photos to be in a separate folder, so I created a folder and named it "Photos" and moved photo files into that folder. Now I returned to the Employees table and changed the contents to th...

Excel Tables #2
I am copying excel table into word and doing a simple paste. When I paste the table, the empty space in the cell is filled with dots and the number wraps. Any suggestions. -- Jewel Howard ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Jewel Howard's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29240 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=489640 Hi, Have you tried Paste Special as text? -- Regards, Zack Barresse, aka firefytr, (GT = TFS FF Zack) To email, remove the NO SPAM. Please keep corresponde...

Reference 2 Dynamic Ranges for Data Validation
Hi Excel group, You all are wonderful. I have one here that I feel like should be easy, and I just know I'm overlooking something simple. I have two lists as follows: A1:A5: John Jim Mark <Blank> <Blank> B1:B5: Charles Steve Mike Kirk <Blank> I have named ranges setup like: ChicagoOffice: =OFFSET(A1:A5,0,0,COUNTA(A1:A5),1) SeattleOffice: =OFFSET(B1:B5,0,0,COUNTA(B1:B5),1) I need to then create a named range for use in data validation that pulls from both of the other dynamic ranges. Also, the names (in each office range) change frequently. So I need a dropdown list t...

Compressing an Excel File #2
If I go into my computer and choose the file and send it to compression, it is only zipping it. This will not accomplish the need. There's no way to decrease the native size of an XL workbook other than reducing the number of cells used on each sheet, reducing the number of sheets, and "cleaning up" any macro code. On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 14:23:45 -0700, "Mandy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >If I go into my computer and choose the file and send it >to compression, it is only zipping it. This will not >accomplish the need. Myrna Lars...

Product Catalog #2
I already asked this already and I really can't believe nobody answered me, surely someone must've been through this before. Is there a way to navigate the items in a Great Plains company the way you can in e-commerce portals? So far the only thing I can come up with is to create some sort of report but I feel there should already be a built-in utility for this. Hi Depending on what version of GP you have, you could simply use Smartlist to view the Items and Kits? I get the feeling this is not what you are looking for? Regards James "Sergio Florez M." <sergioflore...

How do I compare 2 excel spreadsheets?
I have 2 bill of materials for a product. I want to know the differences between the 2. I want to know what was added, what was removed, if any quantities changed. dgfullin, Depending on how big/complicated it is, you could just put a formula in one spreadsheet that subtracts off the value in the same cell in the other worksheet. For example, if you want to compare D10 in the other workbook from the value in D10 in the current one, enter the following formula in E10 (or any other free cell): ='[Book2.xls]Sheet1'!D10 - D10 Then copy it down if you want to find the difference ...

Draw a circle in Excel with the radius and center from the contents of cells #2
How do I do this for several circles? Thanks in advance, ...

backup to floppy #2
I have just bought a usb pen drive memory stick but it doesnt show as an option in money for floppy backup How can i fix that In microsoft.public.money, Andrew wrote: >I have just bought a usb pen drive memory stick but it >doesnt show as an option in money for floppy backup How >can i fix that Did you plug it into the computer? Does it show as a removable drive with Windows Explorer? What OS? Money sees the flash drive as a removable drive fine on XP. Why bother.... Write a quick batch fle to copy your Money data to the storage device. Mke sure Money is closed when you op...

How/can you create absolute values for cell references that have sum(a1:a4)?
Many of my references link to another work sheet and "paste special" gives me absolute values but you can't at least that I know of use these easily in "sum". Marc Hi If I understand you correctly (forgive me if I don't!) you can use Copy and Paste Special Values on sums in exactly the same way as references. An alternative is to select the cell(s) and hit F2, F9, Enter. -- Andy. "Marc" <mcneer(N_O-S_P_A_M)@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:F7rbe.13061$sp3.5102@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net... > Many of my references link to anot...

Set up 2 businesses?
Do you know if there is an option to set up more than one business on Money 2003 Deluxe Home & Business? My husband and I are both self-employed. I'd love any replies emailed as well, as I'm not sure whether I will be alerted to any new posts! Thanks! I would use two computers with two money programs. BTW...if you use your email address there are harvesters looking thru newsgroups for you. expect spam at this address. >-----Original Message----- >Do you know if there is an option to set up more than one >business on Money 2003 Deluxe Home & Business? My...

how to reference different workbooks/sheets in formula?
i have 30 different workbooks, each workbook has >20 individual sheets. i have a list with two columns, one is the name of the workbooks, and one is the name of each sheets. here is what i want to do. i want to do a count on 'column z' on every sheets. (column z on every sheets has n number of data, i want to count how many.) ie, column a column b column c (sheets) (workbooks) (number of data point) -------- ----------- ---------------------- g-1 a.xls =count('[a.xls]g-1'!$z:$z) g-2 a.xls =count('[a.xls]g-2'!$z:$z) g-3 a.x...

standard deviation #2
my data is as follows row 1 1 2 3 4 5 row2 2 3 7 10 8 the explanation is as follows: Row 1 is the degree of rating for a movie with 1 being the lowest and 5 highest.Row is the number of persons responding to the questions in total there are 30 respondents. How do I find the average and the standard deviation for such data. Average I found out by using the sumproduct of row 1 and 2 and dividing by 30. How do I find the standard deviation??? AFd Insert function/search for functions - enter "standard deviation". returns STDEV Excel help takes ...

Data Import #2
I have some accounts imported data into cdf_account and cdf_account_ext using SQL DTS Im wondering if I did something wrong here ! I can see the data in both tables the cdf_account_ext table having only customized fields No wen I ran Data migration.exe it said ok in the end. But I can see no data in CRM's Account Base table ???? my log file for accounts part says 12/1/2004 - 3:52:06 PM -- Processing entity: Account 12/1/2004 - 3:52:06 PM -- Entering Correlate 12/1/2004 - 3:52:06 PM -- Starting migration phase 12/1/2004 - 3:52:06 PM -- Test Batch Count = 0 12/1/2004 - 3:52:06 PM -- Mig...

Apply Payables Documents #2
Hello, For some odd reason, I cannot check on the box to apply the amount I want on the check. This message keeps poppin up: Only the remaining balance can be applied. But that's what I'm doing, it won't let me however. I would appreciate any help. Thank you, Caroline ...

Remove "in Public Folders" from entries in Favorite Folders???? #2
Under Favorite Folders, all the favorites that point to public folders have "in Public Folders" appended to the Favorites name. This means I have to make the column artificially wide in order ot see the number of unread messages in those folders. Is there way to display Favorites so that the phrase "in Public Folders" does not appear as part of the folder name? Thanks. Jace You can right-click on a folder in Favorites in the Folder List and select Rename to rename the folder to whatever you want. That won't affect its link to the source folder. -- Ken Slovak [MVP ...

Autocomplete #2
I have autocomplete turned on in my Outlook program but it does not work. When I start to type a name, it does not automatically fill it in or suggest names. I am using names that are in my address book. >-----Original Message----- >I have autocomplete turned on in my Outlook program but >it does not work. When I start to type a name, it does >not automatically fill it in or suggest names. I am using >names that are in my address book. >. >I found out that Outlook 2000 does not have this feature even though the help menu tells you how to turn this feature on. ...