abnormal font

i use excel2000 sp3.
i have situation that the font size value seems to look
 like 40 although it appears as 12 in the function window.
when i change from 12 to 11, it shows the correct size.
although, when i preserved and closed and then re-opened,
 again the character looks like 40 which as a result the
 excel file looks like a mess.
is this a bug?
or what patches are available?
0
anonymous (74718)

A few years ago, a coworker had the same trouble.  Our ITS department installed
a new driver for his video card and all was well.

Maybe....

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

Maybe reinstalling that font would be easier to try first.

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

Change all text one font size up with various font sizes used.
In a spread sheet where fonts vary in size, is readable on screen and prints out very small, how can I change all font sizes at once without changing anything else in my document? Range("A1:Z3000").Select ' Or your preferred range With Selection ..Font.Size = 12 ' set the size to suit End With -- Best wishes, Jim "omchrystal" wrote: > In a spread sheet where fonts vary in size, is readable on screen and prints > out very small, how can I change all font sizes at once without changing > anything else in my document? In Excel 2007, there is an Inc...

Tiny font at print time
I have a spread sheet that looks fine when I'm working on it, but in print/preview, or when actually printing, the font is so tiny I can't even read it. Where do I control the print font as contrasted with the font I see on the screen? tia las You may have your worksheet set to print into 1 page or have scaling changed to less than 100%. XL2003 Choose File, Page Setup... Under scaling, choose 'Adjust to' and set to 100% XL2007 http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel/HA103533701033.aspx?pid=CH100648271033 -- Steve "Laurel" <FakeMail@Hotmail.com>...

Need to disable Mail format > Fonts Button.
Hello all, I need to disable Outlook 2003 > Tools > Options > Mail Format > Fonts button. I couldn't find a way to disable it in Outlk11.adm file. How can I find the key ID of fonts button to use it in "disable items in user interface" setting in GP. Any help would be appreciated. -- C´┐Żneyt ...

Font problem with Office 2004 for mac
I have Tiger, whenever I try to Launch any Office program, as the the menu loads to 'optimizing font menu performance' It pops up with 'The font " " has been corrupted and should be removed'. It does this with MANY fonts, many of which I don't even have in my font folder. It does this every time during the program start, and most times even if I go through clicking ok 40-60 times it will sometimes freeze up anyway. Anyway to fix, get around this problem? Please email me at madefornothing@yahoo.com. Hi, this problem affects quite a few users, and there'...

Email font #2
I was typing an email and the text suddenly disappeared. The cursor had become a tiny spec. I had to change the font size to 80 to be able to read what I was typing. What happened? Then I tried to forward and email, and the original email appears as a very tiny miniature of its former self. What happened? I have closed Outlook and reopened, but these settings remain. Any suggestions? -- Glenn A You probably modified the zoom settings of the composing window. See http://www.msoutlook.info/question/95 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 htt...

Abnormally Slow responses for MS Money Plus
Hi -- I downloaded the trial version of Money 2007 last summer. It worked fine. when my 90 days were up, I purchased the new "Plus" version and imported my file. Now the "plus" version runs very slow. Sometimes at startup, it hangs and I have to ctrl-alt-del. Usually it will come out of the hang up after about 3-5 minutes. But still that is not normal. Then, especially, when I go to the spending tracker, the same hang up occurs for another minute or two. On the previous version, it was pretty much instantaneous. Any ideas what would cause this? If it can...

Word document color of font
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) I have a 96 page table document in Word. I cannot print it in black ink. It prints red. There is nothing wrong with the printer or ink supply. I tried other Word documents and they print in black ink. I tested printer and it works fine. I selected entire table (document) and used font color chart in Word to select black. It continues to print red. I emailed it to myself as an attachment. I made copy. Still red font. What do you suggest? <br><br>I also have a unwanted light blue horizontal line in some of the cells. Ho...

Close a COM port, after abnormal exception.
Hello, I have VC 6.0. I am using MSCOMM to read and write to a COM port. The object member variable name is m_com_port Suppose my program terminate abnormally after I have opened the port (by the command m_com_port.SetPortOpen(TRUE) ) How can I close the port. I am trying to close it by : m_com_port.SetPortOpen(FALSE) (that's the first command) , but I have got a runtime error : The application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. (When I do normally open, and normally close - I don't have this message). What should I do in order to close the port (only clos...

Fonts #4
Recently I encountered this message on my workbook: No more new fonts are available for this workbook. It happens when I try to use a different font say, albertus,times etc for a certain cell. The default font for the workbook is arial. The albertus, times etc fonts were used for other cells in the workbook and they worked fine. I wonder: is there a certain limit in the number of times I could use a certain style font in a workbook? Please advise I don't believe I've seen that exact error message. I wonder if it wasn't this issue: http://support.microsoft.com/?id=213...

can i change the font after paper is typed?
Is it possible to change the font after paper has been typed? You can change the font at any time. You can do it through styles, or if you just want to keep it simple, you select the text you want changed and on the 'Home' tab, you select the font and font size you want your text to be in. Yves "Lindsayv" <Lindsayv@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:81F549EA-1AF0-4136-BA2D-1EFC1A01D970@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to change the font after paper has been typed? ...

font size getting smaller and smaller, by itsekf while composibg new mail in outlook
Hi, I've received this complain fro one of our users. This is the only info I have (user abroad, contacting through third person). Did not find any such problem in verious forums. I'll be glad to have any clue/idra, etc. Thanks, Tzahi Have the user check his/her zoom setting'; http://www.msoutlook.info/question/95 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- &...

Drop-Down Menus appear abnormal
There are instances when a drop-down menu is selected, the menu is colored solid black where no options are viewable to select. This irregularity occurs from time to time. Any ideas what would cause this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time. ...

where is default font
I would like to change the font and set it to default. I followed the instructions in help, it stated to select what options I wanted and click default, but their is no default button on that screen? I have M/S offie 2003 -- Thank-you Carl R Default font for what? --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, Carl R asked: | I would like to change the font and set it to default. I followed | the instructions in he...

Changing the font size in Styles...
Hi Excel 2002 Why does changing the font in styles effect the width of the columns/rows & even the size a sheet is printed? I thought it should only change the size of the row/column headers. Is there a way to get it to do this? TIA Dave F. The width of the columns in characters is based on the font of the Normal style so if you change the Normal style the width of all your columns will change. Andrea Jones http://www.allaboutoffice.co.uk http://www.stratatraining.co.uk http://www.allaboutclait.com "Dave F." wrote: > Hi > Excel 2002 > > Why does changing t...

change day number font size of all 12 calendar pages at one time
Using the calendar template provided in Publisher 2007, I would like to change the font size of the day numbers to 24 pt in bold and I would like to do it one time instead of 12 times every time I want to make a format or font change. -- RM This link should help! http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/HP012317361033.aspx -- The Code Cage Team Regards, The Code Cage Team www.thecodecage.com ------------------------------------------------------------------------ The Code Cage Team's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=2 View this thread: http://www.th...

Menubar Font / Color
When i create a dialog application with a different font, the menubar still has the system font, because it is not part of the dialog. How can i change this menubar font? I found several examples where the menu's are ownerdrawn, but these alwys apply on the pop-up part of the menu and not the menu-bar it self. More or less the same. How can i change the backgroundcolor of the menubar. It is a systemcolor (COLOR_MENU) but when this is changed, not only my applications menubar is changed but all the menubars from all windows are changed? I'm using VC++ 6 Is someone able to gi...

List of fonts required to be enabled for Office 2004?
QUESTION Where might I find a list of fonts that Office 2004 requires to be enabled? BACKGROUND: I used Tiger's Font Book to disable several Asian and other font families, but avoided disabling any that Font Book dialogues said were needed for the System. Later, when I tried changing fonts within Entourage messages or Notes, before any other fonts than the one displayed could show up, Microsoft Report came on and it and Entourage went into spinning beachball mode. A subsequent force-quit showed that both were "not responding." When even a rebuild of the Entourage databa...

Abnormal Termination
I have Windows XP Professional. I did an Office Upgrade on November 20, 2003. Since then, when initializing Outlook 2002 the program shuts down with the following error message: "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Runtime Error! Program: C:\programfiles\microsoftoffice\office10 \outlook.exe This application has requested the runtime to terminate in an unusual way. Please contact the Applications support team for more information." On retry the program opens normally. Any suggestions on what the problem is. Jim I am getting the same error after reinstalling Office x...

Wrong fonts
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel In Word 2008 and Entourage 2008 (the two applications I have checked), whenever I select a different font, say Geneva (for example), I get Candara Bold. When I select Candara Bold, I get Abadi MT Condensed. In other words, I do not get the font I want, and have no clue which font to select to get the one I want! I have deleted all duplicate fonts shown in FontBook. I have cleaned all font caches using Onyx. I have rebuilt the Office database. I have updated to 12.1.9. I have tried changing the permissions using the {sud...

Edit control height after font change
Hi all, I'm trying to change the font at runtime for some controls (textbox, combobox, ...), I did it using SetFont method. The problem I have is that comboboxes resizes themselves after font changing, modifying their height in order to contain text with the new font, and that is fine. TextBox controls, instead, don't resize themselves; I can resize their height, but I dont't know exactly which new value I should use. I can try to get font size with GetTextMetrics and add some gap value in order to calculate the height to assign to textbox controls, but I don't like this ...

Font size has changed
The font size in certain programs has changed to a real small font. Still readable but just barely. As an example, using AIM instant messenger, I can type an answer and adjust the font size there but when I hit enter to send it the text size converts to a real small size. It also is doing it in other programs as well. Any answers? Post Originated from http://www.VistaForums.com Vista Support Forums "rslchamp01" wrote in message news:uWfSIra%23KHA.5476@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > The font size in certain programs has changed to a real small font. Still > readabl...

keeping font the same size
Every time I close a visio drawing and reopen it later to make updates, the font size keeps going from 12 back to 8 and it is annoying to keep changing. How can I keep it that the font stays at 12 when I re-open the drawing. I'd also like to do the same with the line weights. Visio 2003 is installed with latest updates. It is part of the office 2003 pro. package. Thanks. ...

Abnormal Termination When Switching Profiles
I get the following error when I switch profiles in Outlook 2002: Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library (Path to Outlook.exe) Abnormal Program Termination After Outlook terminates I can start it and select the same profile again with no problems. Everything will work fine until I try to switch back to the other profile and the error will occur again. Any ideas? Thanks, Cliff Windows XP Home SP2 Outlook 2002 Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus Hi - you can't 'switch' profiles in Outlook - you have to log out of Outlook, and then log in, and choose the profile you wi...

Comments: name includion, font format
In Excel is it possible to set whether to use or not use the user name in comments? Is it possible to globally change the bold setting to normal setting? Every time I write a comment--and I write many!--I have to delete the name and then change from bold to normal. Good morning John FM Holstein There is no setting as such that wold help you out here. But on possible solution would be to use the macro below, either stored i your personal.xls workbook, or in the files you use or stored as a add-in. When called this will open an input box for a comment to b entered which will place a comm...

Changing font colors
I want to create a document with the font color changing from one color to another and another and etc., etc., say starting with blue and ending in red, going to through multiple colors without just changing the color of one word and then another. I want gradiated colors, if that makes sense On Sun, 15 Nov 2009 17:13:02 -0800, Ken's questions <Ken's questions@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I want to create a document with the font color changing from one color to >another and another and etc., etc., say starting with blue and ending in red, >going to...