aarow keys don't work

I'm not sure why, but suddenly, my aarow keys do not work any more.  Well, they don't do what I want them to, at least.  I know I have run into this problem before at work, but I didn't see how the issue was fixed.  But, I do know, there is a way to fix it.  Right now, when I hit an aarow key, it moves the page instead of changing which cell is highlighted.  How do I change them back to normal?  Thanks.

n i k i
0
Niki (12)

Scroll lock key hit by mistake?

--

No private emails please, for everyone's
benefit keep the discussion in the newsgroup.

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"niki" <niki@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm not sure why, but suddenly, my aarow keys do not work any more.  Well,
they don't do what I want them to, at least.  I know I have run into this
problem before at work, but I didn't see how the issue was fixed.  But, I do
know, there is a way to fix it.  Right now, when I hit an aarow key, it
moves the page instead of changing which cell is highlighted.  How do I
change them back to normal?  Thanks.

> n i k i

0
terre081 (3244)
6/11/2004 3:42:40 AM
how do i check that?  i'm using a laptop, and i don't see a scroll lock button.  also, that was not the solution last time this problem occured.  i know it was fixed by changing something in a menu, but i can't remember what was changed, nor in what menu it was located.  thanks anyways.

n i k i

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

> Scroll lock key hit by mistake?
>
> --
>

> No private emails please, for everyone's
> benefit keep the discussion in the newsgroup.
>
> Regards,
>
> Peo Sjoblom
>
> "niki" <niki@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I'm not sure why, but suddenly, my aarow keys do not work any more.  Well,
> they don't do what I want them to, at least.  I know I have run into this
> problem before at work, but I didn't see how the issue was fixed.  But, I do
> know, there is a way to fix it.  Right now, when I hit an aarow key, it
> moves the page instead of changing which cell is highlighted.  How do I
> change them back to normal?  Thanks.
> >
> > n i k i

0
Niki (12)
6/11/2004 5:28:01 AM
Go to tools, options, click the edit tab, and you will see a tickbo
"move selection after enter" make sure it is unclicked.

TGHCOG

On my Dell Inspiron the scroll lock button is the 3rd in the uppermost row,
between  print screen and pause button..
The behavior you describe is the behavior if the scroll lock is on

--

> how do i check that?  i'm using a laptop, and i don't see a scroll lock
button.  also, that was not the solution last time this problem occured.  i
know it was fixed by changing something in a menu, but i can't remember what
was changed, nor in what menu it was located.  thanks anyways.

> n i k i
>
> "Peo Sjoblom" wrote:
>
> > Scroll lock key hit by mistake?
> >
> > --
> >

> > No private emails please, for everyone's
> > benefit keep the discussion in the newsgroup.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Peo Sjoblom
> >
> > "niki" <niki@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > I'm not sure why, but suddenly, my aarow keys do not work any more.
Well,
> > they don't do what I want them to, at least.  I know I have run into
this
> > problem before at work, but I didn't see how the issue was fixed.  But,
I do
> > know, there is a way to fix it.  Right now, when I hit an aarow key, it
> > moves the page instead of changing which cell is highlighted.  How do I
> > change them back to normal?  Thanks.
> > >
> > > n i k i

0
terre081 (3244)
6/11/2004 12:08:56 PM
yep!  that fixed it.  thanks a ton tghcogo.  thanks also to peo, even though it was not the solution.

n i k i

"tghcogo >" wrote:

> Go to tools, options, click the edit tab, and you will see a tickbox
> "move selection after enter" make sure it is unclicked.
>
> TGHCOGO
>

> ---

Niki (12)

outlook 2000 doesn't work after xp home edition upgrade
I am getting error messages when I try to open Microsoft Outlook 2000 now that I have upgraded to Windows XP when I try to install office upgrades it asks for the CD (Office 2000) - I insert the CD and it can't find the file it is looking for (data1.msi) which is right on the CD but is not recognized. how do I upgrade outlook to match XP Try a repair instalation David "rnlwilley@comcast.net" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:00d701c3d2fa$59f2fee0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I am getting error messages when I try to open Microsoft > Outlook 20...

Simulating Keys
Hello, I want to write a application that will simulate the "CTRL-ALT-DEL" combination. How do I do this programatically? Please, if you have a answer for me, please post up some code or a website link. Thank you! -Adam Check out the SendInput API function. In article <1025kbh22mbcha4@corp.supernews.com>, vcppguru@gawab.com says... > Hello, > I want to write a application that will simulate the "CTRL-ALT-DEL" > combination. How do I do this programatically...

customise outlook today not working
when I press on the customise outlook today button nothing happens, the customisation screen does not load. I have run a detect and repair, reinstalled outlook 2000 over the top and also recreated my outlook profile. Someone else logged into the pc and it doesnt work for them either (but they can do it on their pc) so I'm thinking its a registry hack somewhere, any ideas? The following MSKB article provides the fix for this issue. OL2000: You Cannot Customize Outlook Today After You Install Critical Update 813489 for Internet Explorer: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?s...

CHR() function not working in Excel 2003
I've written a VBA application in Excel 2002, which works correctly. This should work on all recent versions of Excel, so I've been testing it on Excel 2003. This includes the lines: Dim a as String a = "text" + Chr(34) On Excel 2003, I'm getting the error "Compile error: Can't find project or library", and the Chr function is highlighted. If it's helpful, I've tried commenting this line out and I also get the same error elsewhere when I use the Space() function. The rest of the code runs successfully. I've seen elsewhere that I should look ...

something happened to all my work from this morning
I went to lunch and when I came back my system was logged off and all of my excel work from this morning was gone. Power outage? Evil co-workers? Pointy-haired boss? -- Best Regards, Luke M "helpwithlost work" <helpwithlost work@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:88032CD5-1C2A-4C34-8CC0-0463E3197B04@microsoft.com... >I went to lunch and when I came back my system was logged off and all of my > excel work from this morning was gone. What did you have for lunch? "helpwithlost work" <helpwithlost work@discussions.microsof...

Dot net frame work 1.1 applications in 64 bit windows 2008 server
Our applications of ASP dot net are build in 1.1 dot net frame work, working in 32 bit 2003 server. We are going to migrate from 32 bit windows 2003 to 64 bit widows 2008 server. I have read in internet ( http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms241064.aspx ) that, "All applications built with the 1.0 and 1.1 releases of the .NET Framework are treated as 32-bit applications and are always executed under WOW64 on the 32-bit common language runtime (CLR) on a 64-bit operating system". "Due to the design of x86 emulation and the WOW64 subsystem for the Itanium p...

Amex and CapitolOne CC don't work after 2005 to 2006 upgrade
I bit the bullet after buying tax cut because there was a $40 rebate for Money 2006. It seems faster to me overall other than I have not really fooled with it. Anyway, my Amex and Capitolone Credit Cards downloads are not work. Making it a real pain since it's Christmas and I need to keep track of purchases. Any ideas I had to try a BUNCH of times to get both of my CapitalOne CC accounts to download within MSM. I don't know why, but the updates are SLOW. ...

Gordon. Yes f9 worked.How come not automaticly?
Using Excel Spreadsheets My running sum at the bottem of page Changes automaticly When I enter new numbers on some sheets but I have to do it all over on others. Yes F9 worked but why is it not auto. Y -- TB T.B. You should stick to the same thread for continuity, please. Tools>Options>Calculation can be Auto or Manual. Excel takes the Calculation mode each session from the settings on the first workbook opened in that session. i.e. If you saved Book1 with calc mode in manual and opened it first, calc mode would be in Manual. If you saved Book2 with calc mode in auto and ope...

CEdit AND enter-key
Hi, I have a CDialog app with a CListBox and a CEdit control. If i type text in the editcontrol followed by enter the dialog disappears, but i want the text to be added to the list box. How do i intercept the enter key so i can addstring() it to the listbox ? "RAN" <nijenhuis@wish.nl> ha scritto nel messaggio news:1186750597.981398.160060@x35g2000prf.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > I have a CDialog app with a CListBox and a CEdit control. > If i type text in the editcontrol followed by enter the dialog > disappears Maybe you have an OK button set as default b...

Business Contact Manager Does Not Work
I experienced an error with my .pst file and BCM stopped working. (I am not using Exchange Server). I have removed and uninstalled BCM and loaded it up again several times yet after loading it and wither creating or using an existing BCM database, when I open Outlook I get the error message that "Object Could Not Be Found" and consequently I have no BCM menus at all. The database is theer in myu folder view, but my business contacts contain all the mails from the inbox instead of the logs of phone calls or mails I have made for that contact. Can anyone advise please? ...

How do you work your money?
I am trying to understand how you use this program to manage your money - in terms of how you work the program. For example: Do you manually enter the bills you get into the program, as a reminder, then pay the bill over the internet the usually way through your bank website - then go to the Money program and enter the payment and receipt number? Then what happens when you import your bank statement? Does this mean you double up your payment when you rconcile your imported statement? Or should you not enter anything and import your statement once a week and only reconcile the statemen...

Email delivery not working
I will resubmit this question as I think it may have got missed and I really can't believe that no-one knows the answer! 1. I have CRM 3.0 on an SBS2003 box. 2. I have an account "support"with an email address of "support@mydomain.com" 3. I have created a CRM account with the name "techsupport" and email of "techsupport@mydomain.com" I have applied the custom attribute CrmMailEnabled to the Exhange advanced settings, and disabled the user in AD 4. I have created a queue called "Email Support" with the email address in 3. above. 5. I...

Why can I suddenly not see toolbar options when I'm working on a d
Suddenly when I'm working on a document I have to click on "home" or "view" or "review" etc. EACH TIME I want to use a feature like bullet or indent paragraph etc. Until today when I clicked on "home" all the home tools stayed visible at the top of the document until I moved to "view" or "review" etc. Now as soon as I type on my document, the "home" (or whatever) tools disappear and I have to click "home" (or whatever) each time to see them. How did this happen and how do I fix it??? You have &...

aarow keys don't work
I'm not sure why, but suddenly, my aarow keys do not work any more. Well, they don't do what I want them to, at least. I know I have run into this problem before at work, but I didn't see how the issue was fixed. But, I do know, there is a way to fix it. Right now, when I hit an aarow key, it moves the page instead of changing which cell is highlighted. How do I change them back to normal? Thanks. n i k i Scroll lock key hit by mistake? -- No private emails please, for everyone's benefit keep the discussion in the newsgroup. Regards, Peo Sjoblom "niki" ...

License Key 08-24-05
Can the license key (Suite Professional, we received as a Microsoft Certified Partner, for 10 users) be use for de Dutch version of the CRM. The key worked fine for the English version. However will it work with the Dutch Disk Kitt??? Please help, Bernard I think it will work. Certainly the same key works for US and International English - and they are different localisations just as Dutch and English are.... "Bernard" <Bernard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:37030961-3289-4F70-A03A-E12173A11B41@microsoft.com... > Can the license key (Suite Profe...

Transaction level posting not working
I have a problem with one of my clients that I haven't run in to before. They are running Dynamics 6.0 ctree. They have 10 companies set up. In one of their companies the transaction level posting is not working in A/P. They often enter an A/P trx and print a check for it on the fly. Their usual procedure is to post the transaction through transaction level posting. In the company in question, when the Post button is clicked nothing happens. No error msg, nothing. The trx level posting works in all of their other companies. I've checked posting settings, cleared out all...

excel keys
Please help, when I type the letter r in a cell....up comes RUN, when type S in a cel up comes search. have i pressed a short cut somewher please. cant find the answe -- john_ ----------------------------------------------------------------------- john_c's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2596 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39332 Ignore me, the windows key was sticking on lol -- john_c ------------------------------------------------------------------------ john_c's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/...

Need advice creating a work order
Once I create a case for a client, I'd like to be able to print a work order that the customer will sign and contains a disclaimer as well as our logo on the top. Ultimately I'd like to be able to print this report from the case screen rather than go to the reports section. I can't figure out how to: 1) Pass a parameter or filter a report based on the case form we have open on the screen. 2) Put a print button or a way to run the report from the screen. 3) Add a logo to the print preview of the case and/or activity screen's print preview (in case I can't make a report...

Scanner = Key Board Wedge & USB?
Hello, I am wondering what would happen...I have currently a scanner that is keyboard wedge attached, now if I went and pluged in a USB scanner as well, would both of the scanners read? Just curious has anyone tried this? -- Thank You,; Vince Yes, Vince, it should work fine, although some USB devices work kinda funny. Stay away from anything that requires a HID software setup and be sure to be able to return it if it doesn't work. -- * "Vince" <Vince@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:87BE48BC-DF03-478D-98FE-78A4BFA2AC4F@microsoft.com... Hello, I am ...

Outlook with netzero.. ? Can't get it to work
Outlook with netzero.. ? Can't get it to work Contact Netzero. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, hjlmurmur asked: | Outlook with netzero.. ? Can't get it to work ...

Print Preview not working
I have a spreadsheet that is set up on Page Setup as Landscape, and the printer is set as Landscape. However, when you do print preview and you print it out, it only does it as Portrait. I am using Excel 2000 on a Windows 2000 OS computer. Is there a fix to this? --Joseph ...

Sort function for dates not working properly
I have a column with mm/dd/yy formatted for dates. When I sort by that column, it will sort by Jan-Dec 2004, then Jan-Dec 2003. I want it to do it by Jan 2004-Dec2003...how can I do this? Kayden, Excel will always use the year then the month to sort by dates. To sort by month ONLY, I would create another column and use the =MONTH() formula that extracts the month from your column of dates. After that, you can use this new column to sort using only the month. HTH Eric Hi Kayden If I got that right your result after sorting is, that you'll get the year descending and the month...

f2 key in key board
i have a multifunctions key board and in this key board a f2 key also have a simbol of n which mean's create new file. it is not working as editing cell Look for another key with F icon and/or text F-lock. This will toggle the F keys between their traditional and new functions Happy New Year -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "khalid mahmood" <khalid mahmood@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:54DB2522-71DE-487A-8161-50D8D24B58BB@microsoft.com... >i have a multifunctions key board and in this ke...

converting microsoft works database to and access database
is there a way to convert an microsoft works database to an access database? Not completely. You can export the data to some format that Access can recognize (such as .DBF or .CSV) and then import it into Access, but you can't convert anything else. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele "Amanda" <acoldiron@ashe.k12.nc.us> wrote in message news:021e01c35ab6$62579300$a401280a@phx.gbl... > is there a way to convert an microsoft works database to > an access database? ...

Cursor keys behaving differently
Instead of moving the selected cell box around they scroll the window around instead. It doesn't do this on other application such as Notepad or Word so I assume it's an Excel issue? Any ideas? Press ScrollLock key again. Cwatters wrote: > Instead of moving the selected cell box around they scroll the window around > instead. It doesn't do this on other application such as Notepad or Word so > I assume it's an Excel issue? Any ideas? > > > "Bob I" <birelan@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:uEDriroRKHA.4048@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl......