A number formatted as text is not recognized in a vlookup.

In a multi-tabbed workbook, we have product numbers (some with leading zeros
- some with alpha-numeric values) on one tab along with other product
information.  On another tab, using a vLookup function that worked in Office
2000, the product numbers being typed in are not matching the product numbers
on the other tab.  How can we resolve this?  My product numbers must be
formatted as text to avoid dropping leading zeros.
0
LindaO (4)

Numbering
Can I enter numbers in a cross functional flowchart? On Mon, 24 Aug 2009 12:07:02 -0700, carosaam <carosaam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Can I enter numbers in a cross functional flowchart? Yes. Do you mean for the process names or function names? Yes. -- Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd. Electronics for Visio http://www.electronics.sandrila.co.uk/ Electrical for Visio http://www.electrical.sandrila.co.uk/ Electronics Packages for Visio http://www.electronics-packages.sandrila.co.uk/ ...

How do I expand the number of characters in Access comment box?
I am using Access 2007 and want to be able to include more than 250 characters in a "Comment" box. Hi, You could try changing your table's field type to Memo. Assuming that your are talking about a field in a table, that maybe shows on a form. If that is not the case, please describe precisely what comment box your are attempting to use. Clifford Bass Pearlene wrote: >I am using Access 2007 and want to be able to include more than 250 >characters in a "Comment" box. -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com ...

negative number to positive number
How can I change a negative number to positive number Multiply by -1 or use the ABS() function. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "fgiord" <fgiord@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:62C2A6DA-7AC2-4379-AEFC-B3D6F3698E58@microsoft.com... > How can I change a negative number to positive number =ABS(##) or mult it by -1 -- Regards Rob "fgiord" <fgiord@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:62C2A6DA-7AC2-4379-AEFC-B3D6F3698E58@microsoft.com... > How can I chan...

Hide page numbers for mutliple discontiquous levels
Hi: I need to hide the page numbers for levels 1 and 7 in my TOC. I used the \n switch to hide level 1, but cannot find a way to specify multiple ranges for this switch. Is there a way to do this? I am using Word 2003. Phil You have to use a trick. See the "Omitting page numbers for noncontiguous levels" section of http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/TOCTips.htm#OmitPageNumbers -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Phillip Llacuna" <phillip.v.llacuna@lmco.com> wrote in me...

1-52 pages, 8,000 employee numbers
Dear Excel, I have the ultimate challenge: to do job books for 8,000 employees. The form is completed, but the request is to make booklets of 52 pages for each employee. Each page of the booklet must also have each employee's number on it (0001 to 8000). Each page o fthe booklet must be numbered with the week number from 01 to 52. Therefore I need to auto generate 416,000 pages. Ridiculous I know but nobody listens to us! How can I export the above scenario to PDF from Excel? Thanks On Apr 19, 2:17=A0pm, gatecrasherg13 gatecrasherg13 <gatecrasher...@gmail.com> wr...

V-Lookup Data Formats Imported from Crystal
When I use data imported from Crystal in a V-Lookup, it appears to be in number or general format, but the lookup function fails. I can make it work cell by cell if I copy from one list to another, but that is slow! Any way to get imported data into the correct format automatically? -- Hudd Hi try after importing: - select an empty cell and copy it - select your importted data - goto 'Edit - Paste Special' and choose 'Add' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Hudd wrote: > When I use data imported from Crystal in a V-Lookup, it appears to be > in number or ...

Sequential numbering in Number field
When I am entering transactions manually, I will put "Debit" or "VISA" to indicate how the withdrawl was made. When I download my account information, Money05 overwrites this with a sequential number. I have to go into the entry a second time to redo my change. Does anyone know how to turn this "feature" off? I want my values used - sequential numbering does not help me in the slightest. This is not a "feature" you can turn off. It's a reflection of the basic premise of downloaded transaction data. The presumption with downloading data...

Cant find the bugs in the code
I am grateful to any help and suggestions what to do! Here ar the subs I expect to make the users able to copy and paste between and within sheets. It doesn't work properly. Sometimes when I change som parts, it works partly, but never completly: - Not allow draganddrop - On every change of a range or cell an new fresh format template sheet shall be pastespecial(xlpasteFormulas) to be able to hadle merged cells in clipboard etc. -Not create a loop - Keep the sheet1 protected Please - what is wrong? i have tried to use less selection & activate code, but i could't make it right eit...

How to define cells so that only numbers can be filled?
Hi, How could I format cells in excel so that only numbers can be filled The input should be integer e.g. between 0...99 and cells shoud no accept any other marks, such as space, letters... simply nothing els but integers. Thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Juha! Try: Data > Validation You'll find it pretty intuitive and very flexible as to what you can do as far a restricting input to a cell. -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au Excel and Word Function Lists (Classifications, Syntax and Arguments) available fre...

Excel 2008 hyperlinks won=?ISO-8859-1?Q?=92?=t save on .xlsx format, but will save in xls format.

Number of Cells in a column
Hi, I want to add this formula in my ESS. COUNTIF(sheet1!S2:S43,"*Yes*") to find out the number of value containing "YES". My concern is I don't have fixed count from S2 to S43. It could be something else. What can I do to have this code reusable? I thought something like COUNTIF(Sheet!S2:Count($S2),"*Yes*") \But it doesnt work Thanks for your help Jack Try this if there is nothing else in that column:- =COUNTIF(sheet1!S:S,"*Yes*") -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - ...

General Number Format Changed
Excel 2003 on XP I have a collegue who's Excel setting for General number format displays as 0.1 instead of 1 in the sample box. ie if you type in "1" you get "0.1", if you type in ".1" (as in 0.1) you get "1". Where in the settings can this General format be returned to standard? Many thanks DeanH Sorry that should have been: ie if you type in "1" you get "0.1", if you type in "1." (as in 1.0) you get "1". "DeanH" wrote: > Excel 2003 on XP > I have a collegue who's Excel setting for G...

Numbering, revisited
While there are already a lot of posts about numbering, I haven't been able to find the solutions for my specific quandry... [BTW, I'm posting this under "General" even though ultimately I'd like to make macros to support the answer -- since a manual solution needs to be the first step! :) ] Background: My workgroup is preparing to migrate to Word 2007 very soon. We create/maintain hundreds of large procedure manuals, each containing multiple chapters (sometimes up to 40-50 per manual). Each chapter consists of steps, using multi-level numbered lists...

transaction number in PC Charge
Is there any way to manage the fields that should go to PC Charge while tendering credit cards in RMS. The problem is that transaction number ( called Ticket in PC Charge) doesn't appear in PC Charge and that cost as extra money. Regards, Ewa ...

Limit number of characters in a cell
Hi, Is there a way to limit the number of characters that a user can key into a cell. I want to get a list of names and addresses imputted by user, but I don't want them to be more than 35 characters. Thanks for the help Dr. Senji Take a look at Data|Validation. You can have excel yell at the user when they hit enter after typing in a too-long string. Dr Senji wrote: > > Hi, > > Is there a way to limit the number of characters that a user can key into a > cell. > > I want to get a list of names and addresses imputted by user, but I don't > want the...

Sort cells with same text descending
hi, Need some help with a spreadsheet which has the following setup aaa 111 bbb 223 ccc 345 ddd 564 ddd 123 Now what i need to do is have the highest similar text cells descending. i.e ddd 123 ddd 564 aaa 111 bbb 223 ccc 345 I would like the individual rows to be shifted in this order also, not just column A and B. Any guidance in the right direction would help! Thanks, T-DHM =) -- T-DHM ------------------------------------------------------------------------ T-DHM's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30136 Vi...

Case, Quote numbering
We should have the ability to number the cases without having a suffix. If we do have a suffix, we should be able to define the suffix. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/defa...

Rounding numbers to the nearest thousand
Simple question (i hope) Is there a simple way i can round numbers to the nearest thousand by using the format cells command. For example i would like to display 1,234.56 as 12 I don't want to be diving by 1000 and rounding to zero decimal places because i still want the whole number displayed in the formula bar when selecting it. i use excel 2003 thanx Mark Format the number as #,##0,;-#,##0, or similar. Not the comma at the end - this tells Excel to display as thousands (two commas here will display as millions). Note that 1,234.56 will display as 1 (thousand) not 12. "...

Form of phone numbers in contact list
I am using Blackberry's Desktop Software to syncronize with my MS Outlook Contacts list. The onboard caller-id function of the phone that is supposed to correlate the incoming phone number to a name of a contact (should the number be in my contacts list) isn't working. According to help from Blackberry the problem is the "form" of the numbers as they're being loaded on the Blackberry from MS Outlook. Specifically, apparently the fact that the numbers are stored in the form of (###) ###-#### instead of something like ###-###-#### is keeping the phone from realizi...

Message Box Formating
Is there a procedure that can be used to change the font and background colors for message boxes? -- Enjoy the blessings of the day. jerry Jerry, No, you can't change the font or colors of a message box. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Gerald Evans" <gerald.j.evans@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message news:vkaod.950527$Gx4.387440@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net... > Is there a procedure that can be used to change the font and > background > colors for message boxes? > > -- >...

sorting numbers and numbers that contain text in excel
A column contains both strictly numbers and also numbers that are followed by text (e.g., row 1: 1000, row 2: 1500; row 3: 1000a; row 4: 1500a) Identical numbers are related documents, with the text suffixes referring to addenda documents; thus, document 1000 has an addendum document 1000a; How can I sort the column so in the following order: row 1 (1000), row 3 (1000a), row 2 (1500), row 4 (1500a)? Thank you -- MZ =TEXT(A1,"0") will turn each into text, then sort by that helper column (and don't accept Excel's suggestion to treat text that looks like number...

Syntax error text in VBA
Why are the following lines of code not highlighted (in red) to indicate a syntax error when they are clearly incorrect: ActiveSheete.Range("A1").Select ActiveSheet e.Range("A1").Select But this one is highlighted: ActiveSheet e .Range("A1").Select -- R Ormerod The first two are not incorrect, as the -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "R Ormerod" <ROrmerod@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6F4E5969-601C-41F8-BEC2-337AB64C58...

how to format date to have a specific format
Hi. I have a query that search between dates. But once the main program from where my linked has Date and time together I had to make a short date: I had this: 04-10-2007 08:35:44 with the short date I have this: 04-10-2007 the problem is that when I insert the criteria the date: 04-10-2007 to list all records of 04-100-2007 the access automatically transform that in: 4-10-2007 I went to the regional settings and the settings are: dd-MM-yyyy The criteria value is a value that comes from a form such as: [forms]![chart]![dateone] What can I do to force the criteria to use: short date...

How do I update a spreadsheet with numbers input into another?
How do I link two speadsheets in order to update both at the same time? "Duma" wrote: > How do I link two speadsheets in order to update both at the same time? Probably something like this In Sheet2, In A1: =IF(Sheet1!A1="","",Sheet1!A1) Copy A1 across/down to cover the extent Sheet2 will then reflect entries/updates in Sheet1 for the formulated range -- Max Singapore http://savefile.com/projects/236895 xdemechanik --- If both spreadsheets are the same, headers, data ranges, titles etc, basically same architecture on both sheets, then... While on Sheet1...

floating comments or text boxes
is there a way to keep a comment or a graphic that "floats" above th spreadsheet, so when you scroll down the box(or image) stays there, an the sheet scrolls down? (kind of like how the ofice assistant is, onl i have a company logo that i want visible at all times. -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You can put your logo at the top of the sheet, split the window and se to "freeze" the top rows (and/or columns) -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...