A formula in this worksheet contains one or more invalid reference

I continue to have this error come up when ever Excel recalcs and I can't
figure out where it is coming from.  What kind of errors would be causing
this and where should I start looking.

My spreadsheet is retrieving pricing data from an Access table based on a
query that only imports the data for a chosen strategy code, importing this
data into a defined area 11 columns wide by 5000 rows high.  It does this by
macro.  The data never fills the entire 5000 rows, but it is variable length
depending on the chosen strategy code.  Excel is then set up to do
calculations on the data columns in neighboring columns and then charting
various colums of the data and calculated data.  The equations are already
defined for the entire 5000 rows whether there is data imported or not, and
if no data they are calculating a Zero answer.  The charts are set up to be
sourcing some of the data series as the full 5000 row column of data and
other data series using named ranges to chart only a subset of the imported
data.  The named ranges use the Offset command to dynamically change the
named region based on the data imported.  I also have a cell that is linking
to another spreadsheet on the network drive via a vlookup command.

Thank you very much.

Invalid reference usually indicates that something is trying to find a file
that does not exist.  Are you sure that the MSAccess database is not trying
to link to a no-existant file?
--
Hope this helps.
If it does, please click the Yes button.

"Eric Hall" wrote:

> I continue to have this error come up when ever Excel recalcs and I can't
> figure out where it is coming from.  What kind of errors would be causing
> this and where should I start looking.
>
> My spreadsheet is retrieving pricing data from an Access table based on a
> query that only imports the data for a chosen strategy code, importing this
> data into a defined area 11 columns wide by 5000 rows high.  It does this by
> macro.  The data never fills the entire 5000 rows, but it is variable length
> depending on the chosen strategy code.  Excel is then set up to do
> calculations on the data columns in neighboring columns and then charting
> various colums of the data and calculated data.  The equations are already
> defined for the entire 5000 rows whether there is data imported or not, and
> if no data they are calculating a Zero answer.  The charts are set up to be
> sourcing some of the data series as the full 5000 row column of data and
> other data series using named ranges to chart only a subset of the imported
> data.  The named ranges use the Offset command to dynamically change the
> named region based on the data imported.  I also have a cell that is linking
> to another spreadsheet on the network drive via a vlookup command.
>
> Thank you very much.

help with formula please #2

Appending or Up-dating a formula

Removing a date by inputting a newer one in another cell
I have office excel 2007. I am a fairly new user, I have a worksheet which maintains and monitors the movement of various units, and is controlled by quantity and dates. What I would like to do is write a formula that will remove the ordered date when I input the new start date, which would be the newer date. So far I have not been able to make this work. I would appreciate any help or advice you can give me. Many Thanks Mike You could use a worksheet_change event that clearscontents of the original cell. -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com ...

help with a formula #5

Formula #29

Can offset be used in this formula?

how can i make paragraphs in side one cell in Excell?
Hi press ALT & ENTER when you want a new line Cheers JulieD "ashraf" <ashraf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E508A2C8-CC79-4107-93EE-5D607A53E8BA@microsoft.com... > or, format cell / alignment / wrap text ...

sorting worksheets
How do I sort the worksheets in a workbook into a given order (such as alphabetically)?? try these Sub SortALLSheetsbyName() 'McRitchie 'sort sheets within a workbook in Excel 7 -- Bill Manville 'modified to sort all sheets instead of just worksheets Dim iSheet As Integer, iBefore As Integer For iSheet = 1 To ActiveWorkbook.Sheets.Count Sheets(iSheet).Visible = True For iBefore = 1 To iSheet - 1 If UCase(Sheets(iBefore).Name) > UCase(Sheets(iSheet).Name) Then ActiveWorkbook.Sheets(iSheet).Move Before:=ActiveWorkbook.Sheets(iBefore) Exit ...

Formula to return tomorrow's date.

receive all external incoming email in one central mailbox
I want to accomplish the following configuration All external, incoming email should b delivered into a Mail Administrator mailbox. This Mail Administrato then distributes the relevant emails internally to the intende recipients. All users should however still be able t [b:b40b95df97]send[/b:b40b95df97] email directly to externa recipients. Further, all internal email should be delivered directl to the intended recipients and should not be routed through the Mai Administrator mailbox Does anyone have any clue how I should do this Thanks in advance for your help ...

Expand/Collapse Grouped Data in Protected Worksheet
I've created a worksheet that will be distributed to 300+ users in an investment group. It contains formulas and computations in cells that could easily be overwritten by spreadsheet novices, so I've protected the worksheet so users can only edit the cells they need to for the sheet to return the info they need. The problem is: after protecting the worksheet, Excel won't allow the user to expand or collapse grouped rows that list detailed information on each step of the calculations. This is inconvenient because I'd like to give the users the ability to expand the spr...

Weekday formula

Formula to return a formula

Count formula within a named range.

how does one create a monogramm on stationery
how does one create a monogramm on stationery >-----Original Message----- >how does one create a monogramm on stationery >. > By using the right tool. Creat an image in your favorite image creation program designed this purpose. Then copy an paste the image into your page at any location that you wish. ...

Including a formula in a path name.

trying to find how to display worksheet name in cell
I'm trying to determine the formula to display the worksheet name. http://contextures.com/xlfaqFun.html#SheetName From Debra Dalgleish's site. Yvonne Barber wrote: > > I'm trying to determine the formula to display the worksheet name. -- Dave Peterson ...

FORMULA #14

Delete one folder under inbox from all mailboxes in Exchange serve
I set up folder under inbox on one exchange server with GFI MailIEssental. I would like to delete this folder. If it was in one or few mailboxes it would be ok. But there is about 800 mailboxes, so manual deletion is impossible. The other thing, can I set up policy globally on that folder under user inbox with different properties globally, not for one user folder. ...

formula wording
i dont know if you can do this..... if(c5=10, take the cell 5 right 3 down to it, 0) if you can, i dont know how to write it in excel language thanks if anyone can hel -- cutsygur ----------------------------------------------------------------------- cutsygurl's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1504 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27569 cutsygurl Wrote: > i dont know if you can do this..... > if(c5=10, take the cell 5 right 3 down to it, 0) > if you can, i dont know how to write it in excel language &...

Manufacturing BOM reference designators #2
I am looking for the SQL table that contains the Reference Designator data for the Manufacturing Bill of materials. Does anyone know the SQl table name for this information? -- Doug Doug, try TARD1001, TA_Reference_Designator_Line. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com Doug, try TARD1001, TA_Reference_Designator_Line. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com ...

Formula Problem #12
I have $700,000 to spend on advertising for three different products. My market share for the three products is 51.96%, 36.07% and 41.25%. I want to apportion my 700K between the three products so that the product with the lowest market share gets the most advertising dollars, etc. Using my data, I've been trying to devise a formula all night that would do this, but I'm stumped. I could use a hint... Here's one way of doing it - put 700,000 in A1 and put your 2 percentage shares in B1:B3 and then put this formula in C1: =3DA$1*(1-B1/SUM(B$1:B$3))/2 Format as currency and co...