95 and 97 problem

For some unknown reason there is Excel 95 and 97 on this
pc.When i double click on an Excel file, the pc defaults
to the 95 program (Which incidently doesn't work properly).

So my question is how do i get the pc to default to 97.

Cheers Craig

Craig,

Have a look at Windows Help.

From Windows 2000 Help  (Index under Programs Associating with File Types)

To change which program starts when you open a file

In My Computer or Windows Explorer, on the View menu, click Folder Options.
Click the File Types tab.
In the list of file types, click the one you want to change.
Click Edit.
In Actions, click Open.
Click Edit.
In Application used to perform action, enter the program you want to use to
open files that have this extension, and then click OK.
Note
The settings for selected file types are shown in File type details.

PC

"Craig Jones" <craig.a.jones@marconi.com> wrote in message
> For some unknown reason there is Excel 95 and 97 on this
> pc.When i double click on an Excel file, the pc defaults
> to the 95 program (Which incidently doesn't work properly).
>
> So my question is how do i get the pc to default to 97.
>
> Cheers Craig

0
pcorrado (50)
9/11/2003 12:28:21 PM
Tried that, it only gives me the option of excel 95 still

with File Types)

>To change which program starts when you open a file
>
>In My Computer or Windows Explorer, on the View menu,
click Folder Options.
>Click the File Types tab.
>In the list of file types, click the one you want to
change.
>Click Edit.
>In Actions, click Open.
>Click Edit.
>In Application used to perform action, enter the program
you want to use to
>open files that have this extension, and then click OK.
>Note
>The settings for selected file types are shown in File
type details.

>PC
>
>"Craig Jones" <craig.a.jones@marconi.com> wrote in message
>> For some unknown reason there is Excel 95 and 97 on this
>> pc.When i double click on an Excel file, the pc defaults
>> to the 95 program (Which incidently doesn't work
properly).

>> So my question is how do i get the pc to default to 97.
>>
>> Cheers Craig
>

>.

Outlook 97 help needed
Cross-posting to several lists, hoping to find some help: I have had to reinstall Outlook 97 after uninstalling it some time ago. I'm having problems connecting to my email account. I have set up a profile called Outlook97. In this profile, I've set up my gmail account with all the ports correctly configured. In Outlook 97, I've set this profile to be the default. But when I try to check for mail, I get a box with only the Fax transport service listed. I've downloaded the Internet email patch, but it doesn't seem to make much difference. I'm using WinXP, SP2. A...

Problem with 401 error
Hi everyone, sorry if this sounds like a noob question but I have been trying to start doing some CRM development, I am having a problem with a very simply request to get authoised. The code is straight from th SDK but it doesn´t get past the "bizUser.WhoAmI(); call and producing the following error: ErrorMessage: The request failed with HTTP status 401: Acceso denegado. I guess I´m missing a tick box or something in IIS or a reference. (NOTE: I know spitting the returned XML out to a label is ugly, but it doesnt get that far anyway) Many Many Thanks in advance. Code ...

Excel conversion problem #2
How do I convert 2.50 to 2min, 30 seconds in Excel? Hi try =A1/(24*60) and format the resulting cell as hh:mm:ss -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "seen nicely" <seen nicely@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:FCB0A1BA-0E6C-4130-8184-9F95B707952E@microsoft.com... > How do I convert 2.50 to 2min, 30 seconds in Excel? ...

qif import problem
Hello I use microsoft money. I can't connect direcly to my bank so I download excel file from my bank and try to import it to money. I wrote a program that read the excel file and convert it to qif file. The file I was generate looks like this: !Type:Bank L[12345678] ^ D15/01'2008 T-2,500.00 N482516 PDana ^ D15/01'2008 T500.00 N40912 PMaya ^ When I try ti import this file to money I get this message: The QIF or PCIF file you are importing has some infirmation money did not recognize. This infirmation will not be added to your money file. If I open the qif file with notepa...

Problem re-installing on new Macbook
Version: v.X Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel Hi There, I just purchased a new Macbook Pro and am trying to re-install all the old apps from my earlier powerbook. I have a problem with installing Office v.X because after all these years I only have the v.X upgrade CD - I can't locate the Office 98 Upgrade and original Word for Mac CDs/Disks because its been such a long time! When I do the install it asks for the location of the earlier install. Is there any way to work around this? I have receipts for the purchase of Office v.X upgrade and Office 98 upgrade for...

Har problem
Hej Jag vill fr�ga efterssom jag vet ej v�rf�r kan jag ej skicka mail till mina kompisat genom Wimdows mail? med fotograf osv, vidare? ...

Access 97 conversion to 2000
Someone please help...this conversion process is a nightmare. I'm now getting an error that says: Could not create; no modify design permission for table or query 'MSysAccessObjects' Thanks. P.S. Does anyone have a list of the most common errors and fixes for conversion to Access 2000? Thanks. >-----Original Message----- >I've read somewhere that you should make systemobjects=20 invisible before=20 >conversion. > >Regards, L=E9on > >Rick2 wrote: >> Someone please help...this conversion process is a=20 >> nightmare. I'm now gettin...

Running an Access 95 application
Hi here, I have to run an Access 95 application for testing purposes. On my machine I only have a later version of Access. I don't mind installing Access 95 also, but I was told that this will give conflicts with the later version. Is this true? Can I expect conflicts? What can I eventually do to prevent such conflicts? -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com AFAIK, you can run Access 95 and other versions of Access on the same machine without any problems (other than the fact that Access 95 was probably the worst version of Access ever released...) Just make sure you ins...

Access XP >> 2000 >> 97
I have on my machine Acc2003, AccXP, Acc2000 and Acc97. Each customer and its needs... I have written a small application in Acc2000 and it was also opened with AccXP (Acc2000 File format) Then I realised my customer had only Acc97. I did the conversion from AccXP AND from Acc2000 and every time I try to open a form in Acc97 I get a crash message and Access closes. Is there a way to convert it to prior Access version that works? -- (�`�.��.���`�.��.->YmK<-.��.���`�.��.���) Yaacov Klapisch VB/Access Programmer - System Admin. y@klapisch.net If you have ADO code in your 2000 app, it ...

Product key problem #3
We just bought for my school the Office for Mac education edition with 3 product keys. The first key was used on a MacBook then when we install the software on a Mac Mini the istallation assistan never asked for another key... and the word, powerpoint, etc... work with out any problem. Then we installed on a MAC Pro...again without asking to enter another product key... problems started. Mac Mini and Mac Pro are conected to the same network... and the message word sends is that we are sharing the software. How can we check we are using different product key in each machine, in order to avoi...

chart template problems
When I save a chart template out in ppt 2007, it only seems to hold the colors and style of the default series. For instance, in a line chart, the first 3 series are the colors I have set along with the right line style and marker type. But if I add more series, they default to random colors (it doesn't even seem to be pulling from the color palette). When I was customizing the chart, I made sure all the fills and lines were a specific color and not set to automatic. When I insert a chart using the saved chart template, however, it only holds some of the styles. Any ideas?? ...

Outlook 2003 calender problem driving me nuts ! #3
Hi guys, This is my first post here - and my last hope before I go completeley insane ! I am having a problem with MS Outlook 2003 calender. I have looked extensively on the net, but can not see anything remotely like this. Every date in every view is duplicated - in the individual day boxes, and in the view header.I have attached a screen dump. Please, please, please can someone tell me what is causing this ? I have reinstalled numerous times, but it eventually returns ? Thanks in advance ...

spoolsv.exe uses 95% CPU networked printer
Hello there, new boy here. I really hope someone can help with a problem I`m having with my wife`s laptop running Vista home. We have a network printer which the laptop can see and connect to (wireless), if I try and print anything the print starts and then stops with the spoolsv.exe taking up just about all of the CPU. There are no error messages the exe file just sits there hogging the CPU. In the system32/spool/PRINTERS folder there is 1 SPL file and one SHD file, there is nothing else in there. This also happened when I tried to use the same printer (HP psc1355) as a sh...

Booklet printing problems
I am trying to print a booklet (8 1/2' x 11" folded in half). I have everything set up to print, but when I go to print it shrinks my images automatically. The booklet has JPEG images, Excel graphs, some text, etc. I have tried everything I know to do. Can anybody help? This is a time sensitive issue, so quick assistance would be appreciated! ...

comctl32.dll version problems?
I am having some very strange problems with the CListView. I have attempted to subclass CListView. When instantiating via code and displaying on a form that goes fine. When I insert two columns with column headers that is fine. When I go to insertitems nothing shows up. Now here is the very weird part. On my machine in the windows\system32 folder i have version 5.82.2800.1106 of comctl32.dll. When I replace it with version 6.0.2800.1106 it works. Another developer here has version 5.81.4916.400 in his system32 folder and it works as expected. Does anyone know of some known qui...

need to convert excel 97 doc to windows xp 2002 home edition
I am confused on how to convert and existing document that was created in excel (the 1997 version) into excel (the windows xp 2002 home edition). I downloaded an online converter and it said it should recognize the document now, but it's still just a bunch of numbers and symbols. Please help~ You should be able to open the .xls file produced by XL97 directly into XL2002. From there, save the file and it will then be in the later format. You shouldn't need a converter. Hope this helps. Pete On Dec 19, 1:26=A0am, gigglesonice <giggleson...@discussions.microsoft.c...

OpenPrinter() problem
I am making a call to ::OpenPrinter from a MFC App. The first parameter to the call is an LPSTR. When I compile I am getting the message that it can't convert parameter 1 from char * to unsigned short *. I checked the documentation and the first parameter to OpenPrinter should be a LPSTR. Where is it getting that it should be a unsigned short *. I have included <WinSpool.h>. I am using VC++ 6 on Windows XP. >I am making a call to ::OpenPrinter from a MFC App. The first parameter to >the call is an LPSTR. When I compile I am getting the message that it can't >c...

Problem with Debt Reduction Planner
I have MS Money 2003 deluxe and have three credit accounts that I am trying to use the debt reduction planner with. Every time I try to setup the debt reduction plan, money spends more then I allocate. For example, I start the wizard and tell Money that I wish to spend $400.00 per month with no additional one time payment. I then put the three accounts in the planner and Money assigns one of the accounts a $628.00 first payment. I have tried this numerous times with the same results. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I would try resetting the plan in tools: options: planners. Please l...

Outlook Mail Problem
Can anyone help me with an Outlook 97 problem I have been having? My wife gets lots of spam (from signing up for those FREE drawings, contests, etc and suddenly, though my Eudora still works fine with the same ISP settings on my email account, I can't get around the following error message when trying to help get her mail downloaded. I've gone onto our ISP website to see if there is something HUGE there and have found nothing. I'm inclined to think now that it may be a mailbox size or something like that but haven't been able to locate one in her Outlook. We have plenty of m...

Copying problem
Incredibly annoying! On a fairly large spreadsheet every time I try to copy a summary table (either with the mouse or Ctrl-C) the spreadsheet closes. It's not the PC (tried several), not the network (tried a standalone), tried re-naming the file... Anyone got any ideas what might be causing it? Thanks, Robert -- RobPot ------------------------------------------------------------------------ RobPot's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=18721 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=480051 Could someone have assigned a...

PDF Print Driver in Excel 97?
I have a recollection of being told some time ago that there is a PDF Print Driver buried somewhere in MS Excel and that it can be installed so that it will work with any package in a similar way to PDF Distiller. I have done a Google search and have drawn a blank. Does anyone have any knowledge of this? If so could you advise me how it may be activated, or where I can find details on the web. What version of Excel and what version of Operating System do you have. If you have a scanner you might look over the software that you got with the scanner. An alternative is to download anothe...

Rules problem.
I've run into a problem with using Outlook rules that seems to apply on Office 2000 and 2003. Creating a rule of this format isn't working: -- Apply this rule after the message arrives sent to people or distribution list (dist list) have server reply using a specific message -- This works: -- Apply this rule after the message arrives sent only to me have server reply using a specific message -- and this works: -- Apply this rule after the message arrives sent to people or distribution list (dist list) move it to specified folder. -- which shows that each individual rule part wo...

Missing Worksheet in Shared Excel 97
Hi We are having this problem, where randomly users are having missing worksheets in a multi worksheet spreadsheet which is shared. The worksheet is there on one night, but next morning, that worksheet is gone. We are on Windows Xp SP1, with Office 97. Thanks. Dave ...

Entourage 2008 import problem
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Last night, I downloaded Office 2008, and have subsequently been unable to import my e-mail and contacts that were previously contained in Entourage 2004. In addition, I have "lost" everything on my desktop. I am currently unable to get past the fist screen on "create an office identity" in the Microsoft Office Setup Assistant program. I haven't even been able to uninstall Office 2008, because I receive error message 1407. Help! On 8/19/09 6:07 PM, in article 59b7a9b9.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "Ranger4401...

pfbackup installation problem with OLK XP
Checking for upgrades, I found that there is a newer version of Personal Folders Backup, so I downloaded it, and quit Outlook. To install, I was already aware that an uninstall of the 'old' file would be compulsory, and went along with the short series of install screens with no error messages. Imagine my surprise when the "backup" command had disappeared from the File drop down menu. I rechecked the download site, under troubleshooting. I read - "Search you hard disk for the Pfbackup.exe file and make sure that the Pfbackup.exe file that you downloaded has a size o...