2007 Structured Reference auto-completion not working completely?

In Excel 2007, when I:
1) Select a cell
2) Type "=" in the formula bar
3) Click a cell in a Table
I thought Excel would add a Structured Reference to the formula. Instead, it
just inserts an old-style, "A1" reference. The "Formula AutoComplete" and
"Use table names in formulas" options are both turned on. When I click the
cell in step 3, the TableTools tab appears so Excel agrees that the cell is
in a Table. Isn't Excel supposed to insert a Structured Reference when you
click a cell in a Table? Is there another setup/configuration switch
somewhere I need to turn on?

Publisher 2007 does not recognize printer
When attempting to print any document, page & etc from Publisher 2007 the pop up window "To print or preview a publication, at least one printer must be installed on the system" appears. The printer is installed and prints with all other programs installed on the computer including a test print. I have met with negative results with anything I have tried. There have been similar problems with Publisher 2007. What model printer do you have? There is an article here that was posted by Mark Clifton sometime back, it might be the solution you are hoping for. It is the art...

Excel 97 and 2007 on same computer
How can I *re-set* Windows XP SP2 to open all of my Excel files (.xls.xlt.csv) in Excel 97 when double-clicking? I also have Office 2007 installed inorder to sample the program, but not to use as my primary office application at this time. Thanks. -Dennis -- Dennis Kessler http://www.denniskessler.com/acupuncture You have to re-register the particular Excel version you want to open excel files with http://support.microsoft.com/kb/214388/en-us -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "dk_" <nobody@spamless.com> wrote in message news:R%LSj.2715$NZ7.901@newsfe10.ams2... >...

Document scrolling in Word 2007
I think you can get documents to automatically scroll through when you are using compare - but can you get it to do it for just one document? It would be very useful for proof reading (e.g., you can do it on Acrobat) -- Jon Morgan of Paraphrase If you have a mouse with a clickable wheel in the middle, click it on the Word document. The cursor changes to a pair of arrowheads with a dot in the middle. Drag the mouse downward very slightly, and the document will start to scroll. The farther down you drag, the faster the scrolling becomes -- and anything more than the least pos...

Mail Merge Outlook 2003/Word 2003 Not Working
Its that time of year again when we've all got to send out our xmas cards and woops I can't get the mmerge labels to work (using win xp sp1) Tried it from both outlook as a start point and word I've got quite a number of sub folders in my contacts their are two I'd like to individually mm to labels both are configured to be used as address books with 1, the contacts are selected from the outlook contact list and are shown in the dialogue box as: Personal Folders\contacts\friends but the names and addresses are not the same as the contacts I actually have in the folder calle...

Auto-Capitalize
How do I turn this off. I'm making a basic flowchart. I need to turn this off. Thank You On Tue, 24 Feb 2009 10:42:05 -0800, eyewirejets <eyewirejets@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How do I turn this off. I'm making a basic flowchart. >I need to turn this off. menu Tools -> Auto Correct Options -- Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd. Electronics Packages for Visio http://www.electronics-packages.sandrila.co.uk/ ...

Word 2007 copied URL's disabled
In Vista copied links to WOR turned blue and were underlined. They became active when the Ctrl key was clicked. In Windows 7 the copied links are black and not underlined. They won't work. How can I get them to work? Word options > proofing > autocorrect options > autoformat - check the box 'internet and network paths with hyperlinks' and any other options you require. Click OK. Then either add the 'autoformat now' button to the QAT (Quick Access Toolbar) or click ALT+CTRL+K to autoformat the document. -- <>>< ><<> &g...

Error 553 using Outlook 2007 and Vista
Hello. I'm getting the following error using Outlook 2007 and Vista: 553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.5.3 - chkuser) When I test the account settings, it's fine. I can recieve just fine, and the only outgoing messages without this error are for recepients with my same domain. I've turned off my antivirus and windows firewall. Still this doesn't work. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 550 errors usually mean you're not authenticating properly, or you're attempting to use an SMTP server other than the one your ISP provides. ...

correct settings for sql in ms office 2007
I don't believe my SQL is starting when I open MS Office 2007. I cannot send or receive email within the program. Which insances of SQL require what settings please. I'm at my wits end. Thank you. ...

Excel reference
Does anyone know a good reference for the excel functions/methods in powershell. doing the more advance stuff in excel through powershell. Setting print areas, centering columns etc... Saw your old post. Not sure if this will help google Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.ApplicationClass or $a = New-Object -comobject Excel.Application $a|get-method "Chris" wrote: > Does anyone know a good reference for the excel functions/methods in > powershell. > > doing the more advance stuff in excel through powershell. Setting > print areas, cent...

Outlook 2007 to Outlook 2007
I want to convert back from Microsoft Outlook 2007 to Microsoft Outlook 2003. Can that be done? Is Outlook 2007 backward compatable? No. Afraid you will need to uninstall OL 2007 and then install OL 2003 -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. http://www.microsoft.com/protect "Guy" <gdelaney@suddenlinkmail.com> wrote in message news:OTykI2Q$KHA.4308@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >I want to convert back from Microsoft Outlook 2007 to Microsoft Outlook > 2003. Can...

pasting enhanced metafile into Visio 2003 doesn't work, but does in Visio 2000!
Hi I am using an application that generates enhanced metafiles. Pasting them into Visio 2000 works fine. Pasting into Visio 2003 gives the error message 'error (905) the metafile is poorly constructed'. What's the difference between the two versions, metafile-wise? Do you think Visio 2003 is 'stricter' and that Visio 2000 was accepting non-properly constructed files?! Bit confused - grateful for any pointers. Emma Middlebrook emma_middlebrook@fastmail.fm I've never seen that error before. The big difference between the two versions is that Visio 2002 and 2003 us...

How to Update % Complete Only for Project Owners on PWA
Greetings: I'd like to know how to set-up Project Server so that only a Project Owner would be able to update a gantt's % Complete and only through PWA. Note that the idea is to NOT allow him to change the tasks' othe data, such as resources involved, begin an end date, etc. Thanks in advance for your kind reply, Sebastián Armas Software Engineer & Project Manager You might try multiple My Tasks view, but as I recall that may not be feasible - and that would still allow them to modify % Complete in MS Project desktop. That being said, why would you...

Money 2007 payee name management
What is the best way to handle payee names and their variations? For example, I charge all of my gasoline purchases and typically fill- up at Raceway gas stations. After downloading the transactions each Raceway gas station appears with its own payee name, such as: Raceway 0001 Woodbridge Racewy 123 Edison ..... and so on I kind of like having this informatiion in the transaction register, but each one is a separate payee. At the same time I'd also like to group all of them under a single payee named Raceway. I started to use the automatic mapping of alternate payee nam...

Database will not work on another pc?
I have a database (with some VBA modules) that I gave to someone else to look at. The databse works fine on my pc and I have installed in on three other boxes and they all worked fine. His pc, for some reason, first give a "Compile error" when he starts to run the application. I think asked him to look at the module (to see if I could help him debug) and he gets a message that says the module is locked? Plus under tools the references is grayed out? Anyone have any ideas whay this would happen on a certain pc? All of the pc's are running XP. It is a 2003 database running ...

outlook Calendar archiving not working
I've tried all the directions i can find to archive my calendar from 12-31-07 and before. The 'archiving' box icon comes on below for a second or so then quits. What can i do to get it to archive? "Kidney Stoned" <Kidney Stoned@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:907AA068-B939-4721-A942-7DA608F7CFEC@microsoft.com... > I've tried all the directions i can find to archive my calendar from > 12-31-07 > and before. The 'archiving' box icon comes on below for a second or so then > quits. What can i do to get it to archi...

.NET access not working
Hey everyone. I can get into hotmail and my MSN account information but not money using my .NET name and password! This is VERY wierd. Has this happened to anyone?! I am using Money 2003. Any help is very appreciated! Jose I have exactly the same experience with money 2004. It started last week and I'm pretty tired of it. Mark >-----Original Message----- >Hey everyone. > >I can get into hotmail and my MSN account information but >not money using my .NET name and password! This is VERY >wierd. Has this happened to anyone?! I am using Money >2003. A...

upgrading from Access 97 to Access 2007
I designed a database (forms, reports, et al) several years ago in Access 97 and it continues to work well. I've just received a MS Office Professional 2007 and wonder if it is time to migrate my data into the new program. I've attempted two or three times to do this in Access 2002 and I keep getting error messages along the line of "...corrupted file..cannot be opened by Access 2002 (or some such message)..." The help radio button opens up a box which suggests I do some programming in Virtual Basic to perform my transfer task. The easy way out, of course, is to sti...

SharePoint 2007 Alerts
Alerts on out SharePoint 2007 server have been working for well over a year. On Monday, alerts stopped coming through on our "EmployeePortal" site. Alerts do come through from the same server from the "BusinessPortal" site. - Newly created alerts do send the "You have successfully created an alert for..." message from the "EmployeePortal" site. - Alerts do come through from the same server for a different web app/site collection. - Both "EmployeePortal" and "BusinessPortal" have the same outgoing email sett...

Ribbon in 2007
Recently installed 2007 Office Pro When I open Outlook, I do not see 'Ribbon' It seems as if I have the same format of 2003. Could anyone advise me how I can see Ribbon when I open Mail, Contacts, Calendar, etc -- Thank you in advance for your support and suggestions, HankL The main interface of Outlook 2007 does not have a Ribbon. Outlook 2007 does have a Ribbon when you create or open any item such as creating a new email or when opening a contact. Outlook 2010 will have the Ribbon in the main interface as well. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coaut...

Access 97 Installed with 2007 Runtime
Hello. We are running Win7 with Access 97, Access 2007 Runtime and Office 2007 (without Access). When opening an mdb file with Access 97, the db opens fine. However, after closing the database, then opening an accdb file with access 2007 Runtime, I get the following error " There was a problem sending the command to the program." Immediately Access 2007 Runtime goes into the "Please wait while Windows configures Microsoft Office Access Runtime 2007" Following that, the 2007 DB opens with 2007 Runtime. How can I run both Programs and prevent the error ...

How to Install Accounting Express 2008 from Office 2007 Discs
Hi - how do I install Accounting Express 2008 from the Office 2007 discs? Thank you. You don't. It's not there. And, it's no longer downloadable. It's been discontinued. "tmg2010" <tmg2010@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3E5641E0-FC17-49FA-9410-D835286AA8B0@microsoft.com... : Hi - how do I install Accounting Express 2008 from the Office 2007 discs? : Thank you. ...

Page numbering Word 2007
Hi! Here's my challenge with Word 2007: Docs I create (using a a simple template (not the Normal template)) place Page X of Y in the footer of page 1 and Page X of Y in the header of the 2nd & subsequent pages. After saving & then re-opening the doc the page numbering on page 1 displays Page 1 of 3 (even though there may be 20+ pages in the doc). I am only able to get the numbering on page 1 to correct itself to the full "Page 1 of Y", if I open the footer or place my cursor on another page or Update the doc. Interestingly the same Page X of Y numbering on ...

error 1606 office 2007
When i want to reinstal/ remove/ install office 2007, i get the message: Error 1606.Could not access network location :. can somebody help me? > When i want to reinstal/ remove/ install office 2007, i get the message: > Error 1606.Could not access network location :. > > can somebody help me? This is the wrong newsgroup for such issues -- Mike GoTinker, C# Blog http://www.gotinker.com "Roy" <Roy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CA257E02-AA9F-47C2-934F-FC4E30986616@microsoft.com... > When i want to reinstal/ remove/ ins...

Displaying colour codes in Word 2007
I know this one isn't new, but that isn't a reason not to protest. There seems to be a conspiracy at M$ to drive the largest possible number of people MAD. When you select or inspect the colour of text or another item in Word 2007, the colour codes (rgb) are no longer diplayed in this version. Apparantly, this is because Word has been dumbed down for the benefit of people who've never seen a computer. If you want to choose a colour that matches another part of the document or an imported item, you need a large number of mouse clics. Even then it is far from obv...