2007 Excel Dif Paste Special

When I do a paste special into a Dif file from another excel file, I get an
unfamiliar menu. I'm use to seeing a buttoned menu, but this is listing.

Has anyone seen this before?

You will generally see that menu when you have two workbooks open in
separate instances of Excel.

Close one down and open both workbooks in a single instance.

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 3 Mar 2010 11:56:01 -0800, andybo <andybo@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>When I do a paste special into a Dif file from another excel file, I get an
>unfamiliar menu. I'm use to seeing a buttoned menu, but this is listing.
>
>Has anyone seen this before?

0
Gord

Publisher 2007 does not recognize printer
When attempting to print any document, page & etc from Publisher 2007 the pop up window "To print or preview a publication, at least one printer must be installed on the system" appears. The printer is installed and prints with all other programs installed on the computer including a test print. I have met with negative results with anything I have tried. There have been similar problems with Publisher 2007. What model printer do you have? There is an article here that was posted by Mark Clifton sometime back, it might be the solution you are hoping for. It is the art...

Excel 97 and 2007 on same computer
How can I *re-set* Windows XP SP2 to open all of my Excel files (.xls.xlt.csv) in Excel 97 when double-clicking? I also have Office 2007 installed inorder to sample the program, but not to use as my primary office application at this time. Thanks. -Dennis -- Dennis Kessler http://www.denniskessler.com/acupuncture You have to re-register the particular Excel version you want to open excel files with http://support.microsoft.com/kb/214388/en-us -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "dk_" <nobody@spamless.com> wrote in message news:R%LSj.2715$NZ7.901@newsfe10.ams2... >...

How to select Excel autorepublish as HTML location ?
Hi, I have an Excel sheet that I save as webpage and auto republish the workbook every time it is saved. The problem is that even when I change the location of "save as webpage", it does'nt stop saving it as webpage at its previous location. For example, I did a "save as" webpage on "C:/location_AA/mysheet.htm", clicked "Publish" and selected the "auto republish every time it is saved" option. It works fine and it republishes the html at its proper location. Now, I dont want excel to autorepublish it to the location I selected earlier ...

Document scrolling in Word 2007
I think you can get documents to automatically scroll through when you are using compare - but can you get it to do it for just one document? It would be very useful for proof reading (e.g., you can do it on Acrobat) -- Jon Morgan of Paraphrase If you have a mouse with a clickable wheel in the middle, click it on the Word document. The cursor changes to a pair of arrowheads with a dot in the middle. Drag the mouse downward very slightly, and the document will start to scroll. The farther down you drag, the faster the scrolling becomes -- and anything more than the least pos...

Word 2007 copied URL's disabled
In Vista copied links to WOR turned blue and were underlined. They became active when the Ctrl key was clicked. In Windows 7 the copied links are black and not underlined. They won't work. How can I get them to work? Word options > proofing > autocorrect options > autoformat - check the box 'internet and network paths with hyperlinks' and any other options you require. Click OK. Then either add the 'autoformat now' button to the QAT (Quick Access Toolbar) or click ALT+CTRL+K to autoformat the document. -- <>>< ><<> &g...

Error 553 using Outlook 2007 and Vista
Hello. I'm getting the following error using Outlook 2007 and Vista: 553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.5.3 - chkuser) When I test the account settings, it's fine. I can recieve just fine, and the only outgoing messages without this error are for recepients with my same domain. I've turned off my antivirus and windows firewall. Still this doesn't work. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 550 errors usually mean you're not authenticating properly, or you're attempting to use an SMTP server other than the one your ISP provides. ...

correct settings for sql in ms office 2007
I don't believe my SQL is starting when I open MS Office 2007. I cannot send or receive email within the program. Which insances of SQL require what settings please. I'm at my wits end. Thank you. ...

set up different default printer for MS Excel
I have a printer A set up as default for my PC. I want to have a printer B to be default one for ALL NEW Excel files. So task is not to change it manually or via some macro button; the task is to have the printer B ready directly after opening of Excel file. Any suggestions? Stefan, You can change the default printer for all applications with the Windows Control Panel. Start - Control Panel - Printers and Faxes. Right-click the printer you wish to be the default, and choose "Set as Default." To set a default printer for Excel only (different from the Windows default printer...

Excel reference
Does anyone know a good reference for the excel functions/methods in powershell. doing the more advance stuff in excel through powershell. Setting print areas, centering columns etc... Saw your old post. Not sure if this will help google Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.ApplicationClass or $a = New-Object -comobject Excel.Application $a|get-method "Chris" wrote: > Does anyone know a good reference for the excel functions/methods in > powershell. > > doing the more advance stuff in excel through powershell. Setting > print areas, cent...

Outlook 2007 to Outlook 2007
I want to convert back from Microsoft Outlook 2007 to Microsoft Outlook 2003. Can that be done? Is Outlook 2007 backward compatable? No. Afraid you will need to uninstall OL 2007 and then install OL 2003 -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. http://www.microsoft.com/protect "Guy" <gdelaney@suddenlinkmail.com> wrote in message news:OTykI2Q$KHA.4308@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >I want to convert back from Microsoft Outlook 2007 to Microsoft Outlook > 2003. Can...

Excel error codes translations

pasting enhanced metafile into Visio 2003 doesn't work, but does in Visio 2000!
Hi I am using an application that generates enhanced metafiles. Pasting them into Visio 2000 works fine. Pasting into Visio 2003 gives the error message 'error (905) the metafile is poorly constructed'. What's the difference between the two versions, metafile-wise? Do you think Visio 2003 is 'stricter' and that Visio 2000 was accepting non-properly constructed files?! Bit confused - grateful for any pointers. Emma Middlebrook emma_middlebrook@fastmail.fm I've never seen that error before. The big difference between the two versions is that Visio 2002 and 2003 us...

Money 2007 payee name management
What is the best way to handle payee names and their variations? For example, I charge all of my gasoline purchases and typically fill- up at Raceway gas stations. After downloading the transactions each Raceway gas station appears with its own payee name, such as: Raceway 0001 Woodbridge Racewy 123 Edison ..... and so on I kind of like having this informatiion in the transaction register, but each one is a separate payee. At the same time I'd also like to group all of them under a single payee named Raceway. I started to use the automatic mapping of alternate payee nam...

upgrading from Access 97 to Access 2007
I designed a database (forms, reports, et al) several years ago in Access 97 and it continues to work well. I've just received a MS Office Professional 2007 and wonder if it is time to migrate my data into the new program. I've attempted two or three times to do this in Access 2002 and I keep getting error messages along the line of "...corrupted file..cannot be opened by Access 2002 (or some such message)..." The help radio button opens up a box which suggests I do some programming in Virtual Basic to perform my transfer task. The easy way out, of course, is to sti...

excel printing problem with my worksheet formula
Hi I am fairly new to excel. I added the automatic list number to worksheet that I am doing. So here is my problem I have. When I use th automatic list numbering formula I set it to count up to like 50 items. Now when I use it for like sales and count tracking sometimes will sell 15 or 50 or even 150 items or more each sale. Now when I wan to print each sale I cant get it to print only the items I want like 1 or 50 depending on the sale. It will print all 5 pages that I set m count up to, which was 500 items. So 15 items is not even one page o but I will get all 5 pages in all. "1 with...

Document not saved (Excel 97)
Hi, I have a file set to autosave. However when I open it in the morning and use it, at the first time it tries to autosave I get the error 'document not saved'. I can save it manually without any problem and further autosaves perform OK. Any ideas what is causing this? Thanks, Rick ...

SharePoint 2007 Alerts
Alerts on out SharePoint 2007 server have been working for well over a year. On Monday, alerts stopped coming through on our "EmployeePortal" site. Alerts do come through from the same server from the "BusinessPortal" site. - Newly created alerts do send the "You have successfully created an alert for..." message from the "EmployeePortal" site. - Alerts do come through from the same server for a different web app/site collection. - Both "EmployeePortal" and "BusinessPortal" have the same outgoing email sett...

Excel Status Bar items
Where can I find a list of all the status bar items and what each mean? I found one for Word in my search of Office Online, but I can't seem to find one for Excel. -- khw ---------------------------------------- David McRitchie may be able to help: http://mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/statusbar.htm khw wrote: > > Where can I find a list of all the status bar items and what each mean? I > found one for Word in my search of Office Online, but I can't seem to find > one for Excel. > -- > > khw > ---------------------------------------- -- Dave Peterson ...

Ribbon in 2007
Recently installed 2007 Office Pro When I open Outlook, I do not see 'Ribbon' It seems as if I have the same format of 2003. Could anyone advise me how I can see Ribbon when I open Mail, Contacts, Calendar, etc -- Thank you in advance for your support and suggestions, HankL The main interface of Outlook 2007 does not have a Ribbon. Outlook 2007 does have a Ribbon when you create or open any item such as creating a new email or when opening a contact. Outlook 2010 will have the Ribbon in the main interface as well. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coaut...

Access 97 Installed with 2007 Runtime
Hello. We are running Win7 with Access 97, Access 2007 Runtime and Office 2007 (without Access). When opening an mdb file with Access 97, the db opens fine. However, after closing the database, then opening an accdb file with access 2007 Runtime, I get the following error " There was a problem sending the command to the program." Immediately Access 2007 Runtime goes into the "Please wait while Windows configures Microsoft Office Access Runtime 2007" Following that, the 2007 DB opens with 2007 Runtime. How can I run both Programs and prevent the error ...

copying and pasting rows
hey guys, I need some help, I need to copy a row, and paste it into the next available empty row on a separate sheet, any help would be much appreciated!!! thanks, Josh Ashcraft Maybe this will help you Josh http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy1.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2) www.rondebruin.nl "josh ashcraft" <joshashcraft@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:0d3a01c35c37$0569ead0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > hey guys, > I need some help, > I need to copy a row, and paste it into the next available > empty row on a separate sheet, any help would ...

How to Install Accounting Express 2008 from Office 2007 Discs
Hi - how do I install Accounting Express 2008 from the Office 2007 discs? Thank you. You don't. It's not there. And, it's no longer downloadable. It's been discontinued. "tmg2010" <tmg2010@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3E5641E0-FC17-49FA-9410-D835286AA8B0@microsoft.com... : Hi - how do I install Accounting Express 2008 from the Office 2007 discs? : Thank you. ...

Page numbering Word 2007
Hi! Here's my challenge with Word 2007: Docs I create (using a a simple template (not the Normal template)) place Page X of Y in the footer of page 1 and Page X of Y in the header of the 2nd & subsequent pages. After saving & then re-opening the doc the page numbering on page 1 displays Page 1 of 3 (even though there may be 20+ pages in the doc). I am only able to get the numbering on page 1 to correct itself to the full "Page 1 of Y", if I open the footer or place my cursor on another page or Update the doc. Interestingly the same Page X of Y numbering on ...

Excel Query of Access Q
I have a Excel code that queries an Access database for various figures etc. I recently protected this Access database with a password. I am now getting "Enter Username/Password" dialog box when I try and refresh the query now. How can I amend my query to enter the Username/Password when I refresh my query? I'm not sure what the username is as I haven't set this in Access, so not sure why it is asking for this. What appears in the dialog box in the Usernane field is "Admin" NB I have tried entering the actual password manually in this dialog box, but it do...