2 sumif functions in one formula

Is it possible to have 2 sumif functions in one formula
and return the same results.  If so, how would the formula
be written?  Thanks.

Todd
0
anonymous (74717)

If you are to return the same results why do you need 2 formulas?
It would be good to give specifics with examples.

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
"Todd" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is it possible to have 2 sumif functions in one formula
> and return the same results.  If so, how would the formula
> be written?  Thanks.
>
> Todd

0
Don
11/25/2003 8:29:23 PM
The deal is that I want it to look at a date in column A
and a specific word in column C and if both match what I
have on another sheet I want it to sum what is in column C.

0
anonymous (74717)
11/25/2003 9:02:39 PM
Still not getting all of this but this might be of help.
As the prison guard said in Cool Hand Luke "What we have here isa
fauluretocommunicat"
Yes, I do know how to spell.

where the date desired is in cell b1on sheet2
=sumproduct((rngA=sheet2!b1)*(rngC=sheet2!b2)*rngD)

--
> The deal is that I want it to look at a date in column A
> and a specific word in column C and if both match what I
> have on another sheet I want it to sum what is in column C.

0
Don
11/25/2003 9:27:00 PM
Hello, Don.  I work with Todd.  I see that the formula
works, but how does it work?  I can't follow the steps
that the formula is taking.  Help?

0
anonymous (74717)
11/26/2003 2:59:07 PM
If you want more info:
Chip Pearson has notes for array formulas at:
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/array.htm
(and =sumproduct() is another way of entering an array formula)

And you may want to get a copy of Bob Umlas's white paper:
http://www.emailoffice.com/excel/arrays-bobumlas.html

The formula is essentially doing:
for each cell in RngA return true/false (if it matched sheet2!b1)
For each cell in rngC return true/false (if it matched)

If the ranges are small, you can highlight that portion of the formula and hit
F9 to see how it evaluates:

Highlight "rnga=sheet2!b1" and hit F9 and you'll see a bunch of true/falses.

Now the product part of sumproduct says to multiply those true/falses against
the corresponding true/false.
(true*true evaluates to 1, anything else T*F, F*T, F*F evaluates to 0.)

Then you have a sequence of 1/0's for those two portions of the formula.

When you multiply the 1/0's by the values in rngD, you'll get the value in each
cell in rngD if it was multiplied by a 1 or 0 if it was multiplied by the 0.

Then the sum portion of sumproduct adds up all those individual pieces:

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

Major help needed!!!! #2
Thanks for the post GE, I was able to find another computer with exce 97 still loaded. I opened the existing spreadheet and went through th tools options and unchecked th 1904 date option. Went back to m updated computer and the dates came across just fine. Also thanks Don, your comment will be noted. I was in a rushed an panic'd state : -- KyDean ----------------------------------------------------------------------- KyDeano's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1556 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27128 ...

error 0x800ccc13 #2
I have Outlook 2000 installed on WinXP home. After installing modem software (for fax purposes) I now receive error 0x800ccc13 when performing 'send receive' in Outlook. Outlook Express now also fails with 0x800ccc0f error. I've disabled all spywatch and filtering software and tested Winsock using Netdiag and Winsock passes but there is a fail for NetBT transports test failed (I'm assuming because I removed all services other than TCP/IP.) I've reinstalled Outlook Express using the procedure from #318378 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;318378&...

MS Publisher #2
Does anyone know how to open an MS Publisher 2000 document with MS Publisher 97? You cannot open a Publisher 2000 document in Publisher 97. You need the same or later version of Publisher to open Publisher documents. -- Why is it that people don't realize that they will probably have a problem opening a newer file with an older program? Rarely does that ever happen. "Riobard" <morgan.riobard@sivh.ie> wrote in message news:12b801c38ceb$868aea80$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone know how to open an MS Publisher 2000 document > with MS Publisher 97? Because t...

Error adding users #2
Hello all: I am working with a new installation of MSCRM, and when I try to add a user I get the "AN error ahs occurred, please contact your system administrator" message. So I enabled tracing, and I have pasted the error details from the trace file below... Does anyone have any ideas? John. >MSCRM Application Error Report: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Error: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection. >Parameter name: index Error Message: Index was ou...

update "=TODAY()" function
I use the =TODAY() function in a spreadsheet which may stay open on the desktop for several days. Unfortunately, the date does not seem to turn over at midnight; I have to close and re-open the spreadsheet. Is there a way to make the date turn over automatically, without closing and re-opening? Thanks, Clem. Use a timed event macro to execute Application.CalculateFull once a day. For information on timed event macros see: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/ontime.htm -- Gary's Student "C.M.G." wrote: > > I use the =TODAY() function in a spreadsheet which may st...

Help ! #2
Hi, I have developed an application in VC++ where spelling of a word will be checked in Excel (English is default). I have used Automation for this. I want to use the same application for German and French languages. Could someone help me on how to select the language programmatically so that selected language's dictionary will be activated and spelling of a word will be checked in that selected language's dictionary? TIA, Gary ...

RMS 2.0 Manual
I have a general question. I remember over year ago when we were buying RMS license we were receivig license+box with manual, user guide and Instalation CD. From some time whenever we order new license there is A2 cartboard "envelope" comming which have another A3 soft envelope in it and eventually this one ontains 10cm x 10cm RMS license sheet. Can someoe tell me is it just us or everybody have it this way. Before after we did training for customer he had Manual/User Guide to look back into if he forgot about something, I know that this manual is exact printout of ...

Qty sold/Qty available #2
Any way of doing this on a top performer report? I would like to see the qty sold and qty available per item, not individual sales. THANKS! CT >-----Original Message----- >CT, > >Detailed Sales Report and add the On Hand column. (right click on the >report, Show/Hide Columns) > >-- >Jeff > >Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security > >===================================================== > >When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via >your newsreader so that others may learn and benefit >from your issue. > >=======...

Button for goal seek?! #2
Hello I have the following data: 5 6 12 15 20 Total of all those added I will have to set a goal seek button so that i can put the total i want and then change the cell i want i tried using a macro but i couldnt do it... I just want to do it using a click of a button instead of going to menu>goal seek>etc etc Thanks a lot From John -- Neo1 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Neo1's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30329 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=515571 Any ...

FTP #2
Greetings. I have an MFC application working just fine using ftp with CInternetSession and CFtpConnection, and I'm using windows ftp server. this app needs to check file's size and dates where CFtpFileFind seems to works perfectly. I have some doubts: 1. this app seems to work fine with filezila ftp server... is there somethig I have to know working with other ftp servers specially servers runing on linux? I have seen that list files is not standard... 2. MFC can handle FTPS?? if not, does any one knows a good library? I'm starting to see libcurl. Any suggestions are welc...

2 cells 2 colors
Hi All, Here's my glitch: I've got 2 dropdown/combo boxes in a user form. Both offer variou color options. The 1st one colors an active cell the correct color tha is chosen. The 2nd dropdown colors the cell directly to the right or th active cell in the same manner. My code is pretty crude & not ver efficient, but it works correctly. The problem is when color 2 is no chosen. Currently, if a color isn't chosen, I can put an "X" in th cell, or color it a certain color, but what I want is to color i whatever the color of the active cell is. Any ideas? Thanks -- S...

Linker error calling inline function from library
Hi, I have a problem when calling function from external library that have 'inline' in front of it. I am getting linker error that informs me that this function was not found. Is there a way to have inline functions in libraries? M. "Martin" <luskan@aster.pl> wrote in message news:eiSprdgrFHA.4072@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I have a problem when calling function from external library that have > 'inline' in front of it. I am getting linker error that informs me that > this function was not found. Is there a way to have inline f...

Forms.dic #2
Hi, I might have missed out something. After installing MGP v8.0 SP5 on the workstation, I then I clicked on Modifier, the system created a file called forms.dic. After this, I can't open certain forms like Sales Transaction Windows, Sales Order Fulfillment, Inventory Transaction, etc. Other forms like Item Class ID, Journal Entry are fine. Anything I miss out here? TIA, Sugih Were these forms modified? Is security pointing to the modified forms? The new forms.dic will be empty and not contain these forms. Most firms either copy a complete forms.dic from a working workstation ...

Outlook 2007
WinXP Pro SP3 Outlook 2007 - Pop3 Can outlook 2007 have mail stores (PST) greater than 2 GB? I have a friend who keeps all for his business and is pushing the limit. I was told that Outlook 2007 raised the limit. Any clarification is appreciated. -- ***************** John Lenz JohnLenz@comcast.net 20Gb + if using the new, default, pst file type of Unicode which is the default in Outlook 2003 and later If however you upgraded outlook from a pre 2003 version, then it maybe that you are still using the old outlook format data file which has the size limitation. Within Outlook, select ...

excel formula problem #4
Thanks For That, It Works Brilliantly, Youre A Geniu -- jimbo69 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- jimbo693's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1421 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=25844 ...

Office 97 to 2003: Excel: enter data w/fixed 2 decimal. 2000. be. #2
When I enter number "2000." I get 20.00 - yes, set decimals at 2 but earlier excel would accept change if you entered decimal with number. this is slowing down a budget prep and I'd sure like some help - online and tutorials say "enter decimal" but this is not working. what am I doing wrong? ...

Trim function parameter
I converted to Office 2007 from 2003. I have labels that were created in 2003.. When I run the "report - labels" it asks for the "enter parmeter trim" -trim- Inlabels it follwoing is created =trim([address1]) - Similar for several lines. I can't fin how to correct the problem, and I revreated the labels in 2007, and I still get the same request message when I run the report - labels- Can anyone help. Thanks, Dick On Sat, 2 Jun 2007 13:59:00 -0700, Anvil22 wrote: > I converted to Office 2007 from 2003. I have labels that were created in > 2003.. When I ...

matrix item in rms 2.0
When creating a matrix item in 2.0, and selecting the option to show the dimensions of the size and color with the description, I get a error message that "itemlookup code or item description exeeds the allowed length. do you wish to continue truncating the lookup code or description." However with the old version I was able to do this. Is the description field more restricted in size? Also it whould be easier to be able to enter the matrix reorder #,minimum order & case quantity when you create a matrx item, for now i have to do it with the wizard. Does anybody know ...

One Control for 2 codes
My Combo Box cbGSTOptions selects either tax or no tax but after making my selection I need to update with another control form the calculation to work Control 2 is under the line==== Can I incorporate these two code to just the Afterupdate of my Combo Box ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Option Compare Database Option Explicit Dim recInvoice_ItMdt As ADODB.Recordset Dim recInvoice As ADODB.Recordset, dblGSTContentsValue As Double, lngIntermediateID As Long Dim dblGSTOptionsValue As Double Dim bModify As Boolean Dim ynCheque As Boolean, ln...

Exchange 2007 Beta 2 question
Hi I have the mailbox, CA, hub and UM on one server. I am trying to create a new email life cycle policy, but the option to do this cannot be found. I right click on the mailbox icon in EMC under "organization" but the option is not listed. The only listed options are. Also the tab in ESM for this is not there New address list New managed custom folder new managed fodler mailbox policy new offline address list On Wed, 23 Aug 2006 13:58:02 -0700, skip <skip@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi > >I have the mailbox, CA, hub and UM on one server. I am trying to...

2 X 2 Splitter Windows #2
What is wrong with the following code? I am trying to create a 2 X 2 splitter window. It should look like this. CMyTreeView | CMyListView __________________|___________________ | CPictureView | CDetailView It compiles correctly but when I run it I get an error in the WinSplit routine of MFC. if(!m_wndSplitterWnd1.CreateStatic(this,1,2)) return FALSE; if(!m_wndSplitterWnd1.CreateView(0,0, RUNTIME_CLASS(CMyTreeView), CSize(0,0), pContext)) return FALSE; if(!m_wndSplitterWnd2.CreateStatic(&m_wn...

AutoCorrect #2
Can 'AutoCorrect' listings be transported from an old computer to a new one? I have hundreds of 'auto-corrections' that would take me all day to redo. Copying the dictionary does not seem to do it. Robert, it is stored as a .ACL file ,do a search for *.acl and copy it to the new computer -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 97 & 2000 ** remove news from my email address to reply by email ** "robert gerald" <...

CRM 1.2 subnet change
I am moving my CRM servers to a different site for DR, and I need to know if I need to do anything to the server besides updating the DNS records with the new IPs. Anyone have any experience with this? Thanks ...

SUMIF function #4
How do I sum a column of numbers if I ONLY wish to sum the numbers that are EITHER 2 OR 4. For example, my A column array has the following numbers A1 5 A2 2 A3 2 A4 4 A5 6 A6 8 A7 7 A8 9 A9 4 A10 6 The =SUM function returns 53 as a value. The =SUMIF(A1:A10,2) returns 4 as a value. The =SUMIF(A1:A10,4) returns 8 as a value. HOW DO I COMBINE THE LAST TO SUMIF's using, perhaps, an "OR" formula, or WHATEVER. This does NOT work: =SUMIF(A1:A10,"OR(2,4)") PLEASE HELP!! thanks, ...

duplicate #2
I have spreadsheet that contains about 200,000 records. Many of them are duplicated. How can I sort them out so that I can only have one of each? Metalteck wrote: || I have spreadsheet that contains about 200,000 records. Many of them || are duplicated. How can I sort them out so that I can only have one || of each? have a look here: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm#HighlightingDuplicates -- Gordon Burgess-Parker Interim Systems and Management Accounting www.gbpcomputing.co.uk ASAP Utilities has a feature that does this nicely.......... Free at www.asap-utilities.com Vaya...