2 cells 2 colors

Hi All,

Here's  my glitch:

I've got 2 dropdown/combo boxes in a user form. Both offer variou
color options. The 1st one colors an active cell the correct color tha
is chosen. The 2nd dropdown colors the cell directly to the right or th
active cell in the same manner. My code is pretty crude & not ver
efficient, but it works correctly. The problem is when color 2 is no
chosen. Currently, if a color isn't chosen, I can put an "X" in th
cell, or color it a certain color, but what I want is to color i
whatever the color of the active cell is.

Any ideas?

Thanks

--
Soundma
Soundman's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2442

Soundman,

Not sure I follow your requirements.   If you just want to duplicate the
color of the active cell one cell to the right, how about:

If no color in 2nd box ' (This is psuedo-code,
                       ' you have to make it work in your context
ActiveCell.Offset(0, 1).Font.ColorIndex = ActiveCell.Font.ColorIndex
--
Earl Kiosterud

"Soundman" <Soundman.1sdeym_1121699158.9105@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in
message news:Soundman.1sdeym_1121699158.9105@excelforum-nospam.com...

> Hi All,
>
> Here's  my glitch:
>
> I've got 2 dropdown/combo boxes in a user form. Both offer various
> color options. The 1st one colors an active cell the correct color that
> is chosen. The 2nd dropdown colors the cell directly to the right or the
> active cell in the same manner. My code is pretty crude & not very
> efficient, but it works correctly. The problem is when color 2 is not
> chosen. Currently, if a color isn't chosen, I can put an "X" in the
> cell, or color it a certain color, but what I want is to color it
> whatever the color of the active cell is.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks!
>

> --
> Soundman
> Soundman's Profile:
> http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24428
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=387999

0
someone798 (944)
7/18/2005 5:50:57 PM
Thanks for the help, but that didn't work. The target cell had no colo
change. It didn't pop up an error though. :confused

--
Soundma
Soundman's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2442
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=38799

I re-read the code & changed Font.Color for Interior.Color & that's it!

Thank you!!!

--
Soundman
Soundman's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24428
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=387999

Money 2003 Color Schemes
Anyone know where I can get additional color schemes? Or know how to produce one's own? -- Ranger Gord rangergord@hotpop.com --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.507 / Virus Database: 304 - Release Date: Aug04-03 ...

Major help needed!!!! #2
Thanks for the post GE, I was able to find another computer with exce 97 still loaded. I opened the existing spreadheet and went through th tools options and unchecked th 1904 date option. Went back to m updated computer and the dates came across just fine. Also thanks Don, your comment will be noted. I was in a rushed an panic'd state : -- KyDean ----------------------------------------------------------------------- KyDeano's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1556 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27128 ...

error 0x800ccc13 #2
I have Outlook 2000 installed on WinXP home. After installing modem software (for fax purposes) I now receive error 0x800ccc13 when performing 'send receive' in Outlook. Outlook Express now also fails with 0x800ccc0f error. I've disabled all spywatch and filtering software and tested Winsock using Netdiag and Winsock passes but there is a fail for NetBT transports test failed (I'm assuming because I removed all services other than TCP/IP.) I've reinstalled Outlook Express using the procedure from #318378 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;318378&...

MS Publisher #2
Does anyone know how to open an MS Publisher 2000 document with MS Publisher 97? You cannot open a Publisher 2000 document in Publisher 97. You need the same or later version of Publisher to open Publisher documents. -- Why is it that people don't realize that they will probably have a problem opening a newer file with an older program? Rarely does that ever happen. "Riobard" <morgan.riobard@sivh.ie> wrote in message news:12b801c38ceb$868aea80$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone know how to open an MS Publisher 2000 document > with MS Publisher 97? Because t...

Help ! #2
Hi, I have developed an application in VC++ where spelling of a word will be checked in Excel (English is default). I have used Automation for this. I want to use the same application for German and French languages. Could someone help me on how to select the language programmatically so that selected language's dictionary will be activated and spelling of a word will be checked in that selected language's dictionary? TIA, Gary ...

Cell color
Dear colleagues, What is the easiest solution to the following problem? Depending of what I choose in the list of the cell in the first column the cell in the column 2 (same row) changes the color. This should work independently for all rows. e.g. Choosing 1 from the list in cell column 1 changes automatically the cell in the same row in column 2 to red (0 e.g. to green) I am looking forward for some hints. Thanks Alex If it's up to 3 colors, try normal conditional formatting .. Select col B Click Format > Conditional Formatting Under Condition 1, make the settings...

Error adding users #2
Hello all: I am working with a new installation of MSCRM, and when I try to add a user I get the "AN error ahs occurred, please contact your system administrator" message. So I enabled tracing, and I have pasted the error details from the trace file below... Does anyone have any ideas? John. >MSCRM Application Error Report: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Error: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection. >Parameter name: index Error Message: Index was ou...

RMS 2.0 Manual
I have a general question. I remember over year ago when we were buying RMS license we were receivig license+box with manual, user guide and Instalation CD. From some time whenever we order new license there is A2 cartboard "envelope" comming which have another A3 soft envelope in it and eventually this one ontains 10cm x 10cm RMS license sheet. Can someoe tell me is it just us or everybody have it this way. Before after we did training for customer he had Manual/User Guide to look back into if he forgot about something, I know that this manual is exact printout of ...

exclude cells with certain criteria
I have a large dataset (over 20,000 rows) with monthly performance of certain companies. column A is the date (A1-A12 january-december for company x; A13-A24 january-december for company y etc.) Column B is the company name(B1-b12 company name x; B13-B24 company name y etc.) Column C is the monthly performance. e.g. c1 is performance of January of company x C2 is performance of February of company x, c13 is performance of January of company y and so on Some companies only reported performance for the months (e.g.) March till december. I want to exclude those companies that didn't r...

Qty sold/Qty available #2
Any way of doing this on a top performer report? I would like to see the qty sold and qty available per item, not individual sales. THANKS! CT >-----Original Message----- >CT, > >Detailed Sales Report and add the On Hand column. (right click on the >report, Show/Hide Columns) > >-- >Jeff > >Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security > >===================================================== > >When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via >your newsreader so that others may learn and benefit >from your issue. > >=======...

Button for goal seek?! #2
Hello I have the following data: 5 6 12 15 20 Total of all those added I will have to set a goal seek button so that i can put the total i want and then change the cell i want i tried using a macro but i couldnt do it... I just want to do it using a click of a button instead of going to menu>goal seek>etc etc Thanks a lot From John -- Neo1 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Neo1's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30329 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=515571 Any ...

FTP #2
Greetings. I have an MFC application working just fine using ftp with CInternetSession and CFtpConnection, and I'm using windows ftp server. this app needs to check file's size and dates where CFtpFileFind seems to works perfectly. I have some doubts: 1. this app seems to work fine with filezila ftp server... is there somethig I have to know working with other ftp servers specially servers runing on linux? I have seen that list files is not standard... 2. MFC can handle FTPS?? if not, does any one knows a good library? I'm starting to see libcurl. Any suggestions are welc...

I'd like to change the color of shapes in a visio drawing programmatically...
How do i link a shape to a database and depending upon what the value is in that database, change the color of the shape? (i need to do this for multiple shapes in the document so do i link the entire drawing and then either in VBA or the shapesheets, enter code for this.) what would the code look like? cheers! You can update the formula in the shape.Cells("FillForegnd").Formula cell with either: a number from 0 to 23 (or more if you customise the color map) a valid RGB reference a valid HSL reference If you have a grouped shape, then you may need to enumerate ...

2 cells 2 colors
Hi All, Here's my glitch: I've got 2 dropdown/combo boxes in a user form. Both offer variou color options. The 1st one colors an active cell the correct color tha is chosen. The 2nd dropdown colors the cell directly to the right or th active cell in the same manner. My code is pretty crude & not ver efficient, but it works correctly. The problem is when color 2 is no chosen. Currently, if a color isn't chosen, I can put an "X" in th cell, or color it a certain color, but what I want is to color i whatever the color of the active cell is. Any ideas? Thanks -- S...

Forms.dic #2
Hi, I might have missed out something. After installing MGP v8.0 SP5 on the workstation, I then I clicked on Modifier, the system created a file called forms.dic. After this, I can't open certain forms like Sales Transaction Windows, Sales Order Fulfillment, Inventory Transaction, etc. Other forms like Item Class ID, Journal Entry are fine. Anything I miss out here? TIA, Sugih Were these forms modified? Is security pointing to the modified forms? The new forms.dic will be empty and not contain these forms. Most firms either copy a complete forms.dic from a working workstation ...

Outlook 2007
WinXP Pro SP3 Outlook 2007 - Pop3 Can outlook 2007 have mail stores (PST) greater than 2 GB? I have a friend who keeps all for his business and is pushing the limit. I was told that Outlook 2007 raised the limit. Any clarification is appreciated. -- ***************** John Lenz JohnLenz@comcast.net 20Gb + if using the new, default, pst file type of Unicode which is the default in Outlook 2003 and later If however you upgraded outlook from a pre 2003 version, then it maybe that you are still using the old outlook format data file which has the size limitation. Within Outlook, select ...

matrix item in rms 2.0
When creating a matrix item in 2.0, and selecting the option to show the dimensions of the size and color with the description, I get a error message that "itemlookup code or item description exeeds the allowed length. do you wish to continue truncating the lookup code or description." However with the old version I was able to do this. Is the description field more restricted in size? Also it whould be easier to be able to enter the matrix reorder #,minimum order & case quantity when you create a matrx item, for now i have to do it with the wizard. Does anybody know ...

One Control for 2 codes
My Combo Box cbGSTOptions selects either tax or no tax but after making my selection I need to update with another control form the calculation to work Control 2 is under the line==== Can I incorporate these two code to just the Afterupdate of my Combo Box ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Option Compare Database Option Explicit Dim recInvoice_ItMdt As ADODB.Recordset Dim recInvoice As ADODB.Recordset, dblGSTContentsValue As Double, lngIntermediateID As Long Dim dblGSTOptionsValue As Double Dim bModify As Boolean Dim ynCheque As Boolean, ln...

get data form cells sequentially
Hi there, I have a spreadsheet i am creating which is giving me some amount o hassle!!! I'm sure it is possible to do this but i just cant figure ou how:- I have one worksheet which has many copies of the same table, eac table is consistantly ontop of the other i.e. first table uses cells A - G10 (a rectangle of cells). The dates i am trying to use are in a pattern of a nine row seperatio i.e. first date is in cell G2, next one is G11, next one G20, and s on. I need to find out how i can make a formula which i could copy whic would grab the date out of these cells in sequence for pl...

Office 97 to 2003: Excel: enter data w/fixed 2 decimal. 2000. be. #2
When I enter number "2000." I get 20.00 - yes, set decimals at 2 but earlier excel would accept change if you entered decimal with number. this is slowing down a budget prep and I'd sure like some help - online and tutorials say "enter decimal" but this is not working. what am I doing wrong? ...

How to save contents of cell range in an array?
In a VBA subroutine, how can one, for example, save the contents (numbers) of the range A1:L12 in the array x(12,12)? And how does one declare x()? Thanks in advance. John Uebersax dim x as variant x = Activesheet.Range("A1:L12").value Tim "John Uebersax" <jsuebersax@gmail.com> wrote in message news:8ef21027-a145-4022-8940-843b4cf2c943@j9g2000prh.googlegroups.com... > In a VBA subroutine, how can one, for example, save the contents > (numbers) of the range A1:L12 in the array x(12,12)? > > And how does one declare x()? > > ...

Exchange 2007 Beta 2 question
Hi I have the mailbox, CA, hub and UM on one server. I am trying to create a new email life cycle policy, but the option to do this cannot be found. I right click on the mailbox icon in EMC under "organization" but the option is not listed. The only listed options are. Also the tab in ESM for this is not there New address list New managed custom folder new managed fodler mailbox policy new offline address list On Wed, 23 Aug 2006 13:58:02 -0700, skip <skip@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi > >I have the mailbox, CA, hub and UM on one server. I am trying to...

2 X 2 Splitter Windows #2
What is wrong with the following code? I am trying to create a 2 X 2 splitter window. It should look like this. CMyTreeView | CMyListView __________________|___________________ | CPictureView | CDetailView It compiles correctly but when I run it I get an error in the WinSplit routine of MFC. if(!m_wndSplitterWnd1.CreateStatic(this,1,2)) return FALSE; if(!m_wndSplitterWnd1.CreateView(0,0, RUNTIME_CLASS(CMyTreeView), CSize(0,0), pContext)) return FALSE; if(!m_wndSplitterWnd2.CreateStatic(&m_wn...

AutoCorrect #2
Can 'AutoCorrect' listings be transported from an old computer to a new one? I have hundreds of 'auto-corrections' that would take me all day to redo. Copying the dictionary does not seem to do it. Robert, it is stored as a .ACL file ,do a search for *.acl and copy it to the new computer -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 97 & 2000 ** remove news from my email address to reply by email ** "robert gerald" <...

CRM 1.2 subnet change
I am moving my CRM servers to a different site for DR, and I need to know if I need to do anything to the server besides updating the DNS records with the new IPs. Anyone have any experience with this? Thanks ...