12 digit number rounding down why?

12 digit number entered with cell formatted as just a number is rounding to
end in zero all the time. Help please. cell is not locked

Can you give an example or two?
best wishes
--
Bernard Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Lyd" <Lyd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> 12 digit number entered with cell formatted as just a number is rounding
> end in zero all the time. Help please. cell is not locked

0
Bernard
3/17/2010 1:20:50 PM
You sure it is only 12 digits?

Excel will add a zero after 15th digit.

Never seen after 12 digits.

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 17 Mar 2010 06:00:01 -0700, Lyd <Lyd@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>12 digit number entered with cell formatted as just a number is rounding to
>end in zero all the time. Help please. cell is not locked

0
Gord

Adding a ' to the front of a column of numbers
Hello everyone, I have two columns of numbers in excess of 35,000 lines. I need to do look up from to the other. The problem I'm running into is that th first set of numbers has a ' in front it but the other one doesn't. Example: First column '123456 Second column 123456 I want to add the ' in front one column and I'm having some problems. Concatenating isn't seeming to work. Any ideas? Thank you, Eddi -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi why not remove the ' from the other column. e.g. with a macro such as: sub remove_it()...

What is the maximum number of calendars
I have outlook 2003, and wish to view 35 shared calendars, but unable to view only 30. Is there a way to view the remainding calendars? "Mal Spence" <MalSpence@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:567E0585-7D07-4F83-A0A8-256F3A29E412@microsoft.com... >I have outlook 2003, and wish to view 35 shared calendars, but unable to view > only 30. > Is there a way to view the remainding calendars? View them in which window? Which View? -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] ...

Access 2007 05-12-10
I am currently using Microsoft Access 2007 and I am trying to set up a form in which I can select a name from a drop down menu and have it return the results in the fields below. My table currently has the following items in it. ID - Employee ID number (Listed as the Primary Key) FirstName - Employee First Name LastName - Employee Last Name Separation_Date - Employee Separation Date Email_Address - Employee Email address I would like to be able to select the employee name from a list.. and then have all the above fields show below that information and then be able to selec...

Create 5 of 6 digits randomly.
I would like to create a random conformation number, but only make the last 5 of 6 digits random. I would like to make the first number be the hour witch the meeting time will start. For ex. (743856) 7 for 7:00 and the other 5 would be random. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Hi Shaun, Perhaps: =A1&TEXT(INT(RAND()*10^5),"00000") where A1 contains the fixed value. If you need the result as a number, you could use: =VALUE(A1&TEXT(INT(RAND()*10^5),"00000")) -- Cheers macropod [MVP - Microsoft Word] "Shaun" <Shaun@discussions.microsoft.com&...

Outlook Express 12-29-09
I can receive mail, but cannot forward message. Are you using Windows Mail, or Outlook Express? Outlook Express General newsgroup: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.outlookexpress.general What exactly happens when you try to forward a message? -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Mascoma" <Mascoma@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:27B4E8A1-DA5D-4CD7-A4DF-95CFC0BD2611@microsoft.com... >I can receive mail, but cannot forward message. Do you ...

how to cut local area code automatic when dialing a number with local area code prefix?
All the phone number of my contacts in oe has local area code such as 021, the phone is 12345678, so the number store in oe is 02112345678,when dialing,oe dial 02112345678 that can not be connected.if dial 12345678 it can be connected. I input local area code in dialing propertiy option, why it can not cut the local area code like cellphone? who know? thanks wisedom OE? Dialing is controlled by dialing rules, not Outlook. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "wisedom" <wisedom@sohu.com.discuss> wrote in message news:erZe1RHJFHA.1360@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > All the phon...

Don't want ages Numbers on first few pages
I have a simlar question as the post below. I have a booklet of about 300 pages. The first couple pages I do not need numbered. The actually book starts on page 11 so I want the pages numbers to start counting from there, starting with ‘1’. Can someone advise me of the steps to do this. Thanks!!! http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.publisher&tid=d02e6cd6-7bec-46c8-8e24-42a30fdde351&cat=en-us-office-publisher&lang=en&cr=US&sloc=en-us&m=1&p=1 Bri wrote: > I have a booklet of about 300 pages. The first couple p...

updatting decimal numbers, why do I get just integers
I am trying to update a field based on Lat/Lon 'decimal' numbers, but whenever I up to another table I get just single whole digits. This is a sample of the doner data: (tbl_School_Points) coordinates -0.020106,51.50740400000001,0 0.045455,51.50896500000001,0 -0.07613200000000001,51.54164200000001,0 -0.074599,51.546712,0 -0.057798,51.506394,0 -0.069962,51.542489,0 -0.061783,51.536706,0 and this is what I get in the other table: (tbal_XML_Imports) coordinates 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 Both fields are set to 'text' amd not numbers (because of their unique properties; eg: micing decima...

Numbers as Text
I want to convert the number 12345678, etc. into Text with 10 digits, with leading zeros, when necessary, i.e. 0012345678. I first formatted the 8 digit number to a 10 digit one with the Format Cells Dialog Box (0000000000) and then format it as Text. But whenever I do that, the leading zeros get lost and the values remain numbers! How can I format the Cells that the values remain "0000000000" (=text) Felix In a helper cell............... =TEXT(12345678,"0000000000") Or =TEXT(cellref,"0000000000") Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Mon, 4 Aug 2008 20:59:...

what happens when a digital certificate expires
I think I'm forced to digitally sign my ClickOnce manifest and assembly for a windows forms application (see yesterday's post, 'click once deployment cannot continue'. This seems like a stupid question, but in all the articles I've read, I can't find what happens to a user when the digital certificate expires. Does the application just fail? Am i going to be scrambling to acquire a new certificate and publish updates signed with the new certificate? Will the application automatically update to the new version with the new certificate, once it is publis...

EMail replies 12-12-05
Hi, We are trying to setup a support process using CRM 3.0 Pro. A queue has been created and is being populated using the router from e-mails coming in to support@company.com. When people are replying to e-mail in this folder the reply-to address is set to the logged on user. Is there an easy way to define that the reply-to address should be support@company.com for specific e-mails? Regards, Manso ...

Display a 16 digit number
How do you enter a 16 digit number without adding extra numbers on the end or displaying a formula? I have tried all the Format Cells options with no luck. Many Thanks! Excel can cope with 15 digits. Assuming your 'number' is something like a bank account number and no math will be done on the number: type an apostrophe before entering the number; e.g. '1234567887654321 -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "GrlsWthCrls" <GrlsWthCrls@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:531B02BE-544F-439D-86BD-E916FB004DBC@micro...

Forms 12-28-07
Hi All, I've created a form using multiple tables for data entry. If I do not fill in all entries in the form, my form record count at the bottom will not count the entry. I will have the data in my table but I do not see it in the form. I have set my relationship to 1 to 1 with a primary key. How do I capture/count all records in my form? Please Help. Thank you On Fri, 28 Dec 2007 13:16:00 -0800, skk <skk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi All, > >I've created a form using multiple tables for data entry. If I do not fill >in all entries in the form,...

SFO offline 12-08-04
Hi! We have MSCRM professional. When first online the data appears fine, although when you go offline it duplicates the 'initiator' and 'to' fields in phone calls and the same associoated fields in tasks etc etc. You can then go back online and the duplicates still appear but oyu can delete them and save it, it then is fine without duplicates but when you next go offline it does the field duplicates again! Although this isn't consistent, as it doesn't duplicate entries in all of the records and sometimes one but not the next time! weird and frustrating. Any help ...

system restore 12-12-09
tried a point only 2 wks old. in Safe mode. No Changes made.... No Norton on set. Actually I want to dump all Updates that autoran in the last 2 wks, so I can retry SP3 taht is crashing. is there a way to do them en masse? thanx Never, EVER use System Restore to "undo" an update, Service Pack, or IE upgrade! Intead, uninstall the update, Service Pack, or IE upgrade & reboot. If that doesn't correct the problem, then try System Restore. -- ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear) MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Client - since 2002 www.banthecheck.com plugg...

Adding 0 numbers
As part of a test my niece was given the following task to do:- 3 numbers were placed in 3 different cells in a column:- 0,062 0,042 0,022 and she was asked to use Excel to calculate the total of these numbers( = SUM). She couldnt do it and I cant. Is it possible? Thanks very much -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com If the numbers are in, say, cells A1, A11 and A111 then you can use the following SUM formulas in, say, cell B1: =SUM(A1,A11,A111) =SUM(A:A) =SUM(A1:A111) -- Regards Andy Wiggins www.BygSoftware.com Home of "Save and BackUp", "The Excel Au...

how to use excel to track phone numbers
hello! i am sandy and i have not used excel for years and have forgotten most of what i learned. what i need to learn is how to set up a page or ? on how to track how many times a phone number appears. i would like to list the date of the number also and sometimes the time. i know how to enter the data, but i don't know how to get it to "match or put on one report" all the numbers that are equal to 111 for example. i would like to say this is for a business, but it is not. my husband has been getting different phone calls (another woman maybee) and i would like to see...

Excel 04-12-10
How can I convert excel worksheets to ASCII file Save As, Save as type is Text(MSDOS).txt Gweruzim wrote: > How can I convert excel worksheets to ASCII file Depending on what you mean, you may be able to do: File|SaveAs (in xl2003 menus) And save a .txt, .prn, or .csv file. All of these would result in a text file. But each would be different! Gweruzim wrote: > > How can I convert excel worksheets to ASCII file -- Dave Peterson ...

Page numbers <0
I figured out how to add page numbers that increment properly. However, I want page 3 in my document to be numbered as "Page 1". (Start on page -1; hide numbers on page -1 and 0.) I know that I can choose a starting page other than 1, but I can't select something less than 1. In a similar thread, Mary Sauer advised another poster, "Insert, section...". I can't find anything about sections in Publisher menus or help. Is there a way to get page numbering started on a page later than 1? Where do I find out about sections? I'm using Publisher 2000. ...

Outbox #12
Hi: I have a problem where when I send e-mails with attchments it remains in the Outbox, Can anyone help with this. Thanks in advance Regards: Bruno ...

conditional formatting 12-15-09
I have some cells which look like the following:- (they show three values from three other cells) either 1, 30, 5 or 1, *, 5 say where the "*" indicates a particularly large value Now, I am trying to highlight those cells which contain an "*". I am using SEARCH("*", A3) where A3 is the cell reference However, all my cells whether they include an "*" or not are highlighted What am I missing? Bob Check your another post which you have posted in Worksheet Functions. -------------------- (Ms-Exl-Learner) -------------------- &qu...

Matching Address Country with Phone Number Country Outlook 2003
Hi, I have Outlook 2003 I need to know if it's possible that Outlook updates the PHONE NUMBER COUNTRY field automatically (assigning al country codes and "+") by reading the ADDRESS FIELD COUNTRY information I already have in the contact. Also, is there any application that does this or that manages Country codes correctly to upgrade the phone numbers ? thanks! Alex ...

PowerPoint 2007 12-04-09
When I play my presentation the slides go 1/3 off the screen. Is it a resolution problem or a switch inside PPT? I have already checked the page setup with no help. Hi, What commands are you suing to start the show? it is possible to do this is the control key is held and you click the slide show icon. What version are you using? Is the 1/3 show constrained to the top- left corner of the screen? -- Regards, Glen Millar Microsoft PPT MVP Tutorials and PowerPoint animations at the original www.pptworkbench.com glen at pptworkbench dot com "Doctor4you"...

Outlook 2007 #12
I regretfully installed that abortion of a program Office 2007. Not only did it really screwed things up, but the darn thing wouldn't let me uninstall it, or install anything else. Had to call MS to manually remove the darn thing. SO, with that said, I installed Office 2003. Word, Excel all works fine Couldn't start Outlook 2003 because of the wrong version of MAPI32.dll I found the easy fix for that on the MS website. (good) NOW, I am not able to send emails via outlook. It just sits in my outbox. I checked the setting to make sure that it is set to send immediately. But they...

Custom Number Format #6
I created a custom number format #,##0,_);(#,##0,) that rounds number to thousands but it also shows 0 as blank. I need a format that als shows "0" as "0". Thanks for your help -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi try #,##0,_);(#,##0,);0 >-----Original Message----- >I created a custom number format #,##0,_);(#,##0,) that rounds numbers >to thousands but it also shows 0 as blank. I need a format that also >shows "0" as "0". > >Thanks for your help. > > >--- >Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/...