1-52 pages, 8,000 employee numbers

Dear Excel,
I have the ultimate challenge: to do job books for 8,000 employees.
The form is completed, but the request is to make booklets of 52 pages
for each employee.

Each page of the booklet must also have each employee's number on it
(0001 to 8000).  Each page o fthe booklet must be numbered with the
week number from 01 to 52.  Therefore I need to auto generate 416,000
pages.  Ridiculous I know but nobody listens to us!

How can I export the above scenario to PDF from Excel?
Thanks

0
gatecrasherg13

On Apr 19, 2:17=A0pm, gatecrasherg13 gatecrasherg13
<gatecrasher...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Excel,
> I have the ultimate challenge: to do job books for 8,000 employees.
> The form is completed, but the request is to make booklets of 52 pages
> for each employee.
>
> Each page of the booklet must also have each employee's number on it
> (0001 to 8000). =A0Each page o fthe booklet must be numbered with the
> week number from 01 to 52. =A0Therefore I need to auto generate 416,000
> pages. =A0Ridiculous I know but nobody listens to us!
>
> How can I export the above scenario to PDF from Excel?
> Thanks

I found the following code from http://help.lockergnome.com/office/sequenti=
al--ftopict993043.html
However, 1) the code doesn't work for me and 2) that registry folder
does not exist on my computer (if I create it, what exact path would
it go in anyway?)
Isn't there any simpler solution to my question above?  Surely this
must be a common request?!  Thanks for all feedback.
Yours

      In the Thisworkbook section of the VB is the code

Public Sub Workbook_Open()
Worksheets("invoice").Range("d1") =3D False
End Sub

' Disable the general sheet printing function so its all controlled by
the print button macro

If Worksheets("invoice").Range("D1") =3D False Then
Cancel =3D True
End If
End Sub

      Then create a button on the worksheet with the code

Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()

Dim CopiesCount As Long
Dim CopieNumber As Long
Dim nNumber As Long
' Set the location of the registry entry to hold the sequential number
outside Excel
'use Start--> run--> regedit to open the registry
'registry location is 'Software-->VB and VDA Program Settings-->Excel--
>"Invoice"-->Invoice_Key"
'"Invoice" is the sheet name used in this example it needs to be your
sheet name.
'"invoice Key" is just a registry entry name - it can be anything you
want for your application
Const sAPPLICATION As String =3D "Excel"
Const sSECTION As String =3D "Invoice"
Const sKEY As String =3D "Invoice_key"
Const nDEFAULT As Long =3D 1&
nNumber =3D GetSetting(sAPPLICATION, sSECTION, sKEY, nDEFAULT) 'retreive
the last sheet number printed from
' the registry

' Ask the user how many copies of the template to print
'You can modify this line to say default print 100 copies or whatever
you need

CopiesCount =3D Application.InputBox("How many Copies do you want to
print?", , 1, Type:=3D1)

For CopieNumber =3D nNumber To (nNumber + (CopiesCount - 1))

With ThisWorkbook.Sheets("Invoice")

With .Range("B2")
If IsEmpty(.Value) Then
nNumber =3D GetSetting(sAPPLICATION, sSECTION, sKEY, nDEFAULT)
..NumberFormat =3D "@"
..Value =3D Format(nNumber, "0000")
Else
..Value =3D Format(CopieNumber, "0000")
End If
End With

Worksheets("invoice").Range("D1") =3D True
'Print the sheet
..PrintOut
End With

Next
nNumber =3D CopieNumber
SaveSetting sAPPLICATION, sSECTION, sKEY, nNumber&
Worksheets("invoice").Range("D1") =3D False
End Sub

0
gatecrasherg13
4/19/2010 5:31:54 AM
On Apr 19, 2:17=A0pm, gatecrasherg13 gatecrasherg13
<gatecrasher...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Excel,
> I have the ultimate challenge: to do job books for 8,000 employees.
> The form is completed, but the request is to make booklets of 52 pages
> for each employee.
>
> Each page of the booklet must also have each employee's number on it
> (0001 to 8000). =A0Each page o fthe booklet must be numbered with the
> week number from 01 to 52. =A0Therefore I need to auto generate 416,000
> pages. =A0Ridiculous I know but nobody listens to us!
>
> How can I export the above scenario to PDF from Excel?
> Thanks

Can I configure my form using a lookup table for the week (01 - 52)
and employee number (0001 - 8000)?  Can I export from Excel so that it
prints every combination of those two lookups?
Thank you very much
0
gatecrasherg13
4/19/2010 6:13:51 AM
I'll make an offer:  I'll help you cut down a large portion of a good sized
forest to print these things if you'll get in touch with me via emal at
(remove spaces):
Help From @JLatham Site. com
Make a reference to your posting here, or at least mention 'gatecrasher13'
and remind me of what it is you need to do.  We can start figuring out how to
get it done.
Tell me:
What version of Excel you are using;
What version of Windows you are using;
and what do you have installed on your system as a PDF printer.
If at all possible, a copy of the file to be printed would be MOST!!
helpful, or at least something with the same number of sheets and layout on
them even if the data is somehow dummied up.

"gatecrasherg13 gatecrasherg13" wrote:

> On Apr 19, 2:17 pm, gatecrasherg13 gatecrasherg13
> <gatecrasher...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Dear Excel,
> > I have the ultimate challenge: to do job books for 8,000 employees.
> > The form is completed, but the request is to make booklets of 52 pages
> > for each employee.
> >
> > Each page of the booklet must also have each employee's number on it
> > (0001 to 8000).  Each page o fthe booklet must be numbered with the
> > week number from 01 to 52.  Therefore I need to auto generate 416,000
> > pages.  Ridiculous I know but nobody listens to us!
> >
> > How can I export the above scenario to PDF from Excel?
> > Thanks
>
> Can I configure my form using a lookup table for the week (01 - 52)
> and employee number (0001 - 8000)?  Can I export from Excel so that it
> prints every combination of those two lookups?
> Thank you very much
> .

Exchange 5.5: 1 site, 2 servers
My continued quest to move to a new server with the Ed Crowley Method. I have added the new server to the existing site. Some mailboxes have been migrated over and those are working fine. The IMS was setup on the new server duplicating the settings of the IMS on the old server. The MX record (out where our DNS is hosted) was updated and the new server given a lower cost than the old server. Both IMS connections are still running. From what I can tell from the event long, the new server is accepting new connections (A new TCPIP connection has been made.....). If I send an email to a pe...

SQL Server Profiler Determine Number Times User Account Used
I have numerous SQL Server 2005 Profiler traces that run when certain user account are used in the database server in the last month. Please help me with a program to determine the number of times and duration the user account has been used in a database server? Please help me resolve this issue. Joe You can query SUM(duration) column in the trace file...I mean he/she was running the queries Also take a look at DDL Trigger for log on event http://www.simple-talk.com/sql/sql-server-2005/logon-triggers/ "Joe K." <JoeK@discussions.microsoft.co...

RMS 1.3 #3
i read in discussion board that RMS 1.3 will only work with windows 2003 and XP. Is it just for the work stations or our server has to be also 2003 and higher also. ...

How to print two tables from two sheets on one page?
Hello How to print two tables from two sheets on one page? I have to put the tables on different sheets because they should have different column widths and, therefore I can't place them one under another. They also should have different row heights. Excel ejects the page after each print area. The only solution I know of is to paste pictures of each print area on to a third sheet and print that. To copy a picture of a range to the clipboard, select the range, hold Shift down and select Edit, Copy Picture. Than switch to the print sheet and do a Ctrl-v. Another way is to do a normal...

ESEUTIL #8
Does anyone have an idea of how long it would take to run an integrity check with ESEUTIL on a 56GB store? Exchange Server (2000) has four 2.8ghz processor's and 4gb of ram. Also, we have a space issue. Is it possible to "redirect" the ESEUTIL to an external USB drive? -- Thank you much, Todd http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;244525 I think they list the "rule of thumb" as 2 to 4 gigs per hour...ymmv. "Todd" <Todd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CC6F7648-4A36-4583-A4F3-265F3570BD95@microsoft.com... >...

Change Default Check Number
i have a simple question. how do i change the default check number (the number my checkbook will start from when printing checks) in GP 9.x. i have several checkbooks and use mekorma micr to print checks (if that helps)... thanks. Josh, Go to Cards > Financial > Checkbook. Pick the appropriate checkbook, change the Next Check Number, Save. That should do it. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible Solutions, Inc. "JoshC" <JoshC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9ED3217B-36FD-465B-8505-55C9D4319A49@microsoft.com... >i have a simple quest...

Why Are My Posts 1 Hour Ahead
I just noticed that the time of my posts is one hour ahead of everyone else's. I'm using Outlook Express with Windows 98 Second Edition to read this newsgroup and the time on my computer's clock is correct, and is the time that appears with my posts. I recently reloaded all of my software so I probably missed something because I know this was not a problem before the reconfiguration of my computer. TIA PC That was easy enough. PC "Paul Corrado" <pcorrado@theavocetgroup.com> wrote in message news:%236iquP0aDHA.3444@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > I just notice...

Sorting Numbers #3
Hi everyone. I use excel to sort part numbers for the company I work for and I have been doing it manually through cut and paste. I am hoping someone on here can help me find an easier way. The problem I have is the part numbers are 2, 3, 4, 5 digits long and we like to keep all the 2 digit numbers together, 3 digit numbers together etc. When I use the sort feature it mixes them all up is there any way to sort them so they come out the way I want them. I hope I made this clear enough, thanks for any help. Add an extra column to the left of your part numbers - and assuming your part num...

Append from 1 table to 2 tables
I have a reservation application that I have obtained reservation data from an email message (daqta from which is entered into the tblWorking table). The email shows travel information either one-way or round trip. One way is referenced by the literal "PRC-PHX". Round trip is referenced by the literal "PRC-PHX-PRC". Depending on the O/W or R/T direction(s), I insert the number one (1) for O/W or the number two (2) for R/T. The form used by the application has a main form (Reservations table) and an embedded subform (ReservationDetails table). The main form h...

Changing SQL Server for CRM 1.2

blocked attachments #8
How do I unblock attachments from our outlook express? we cant sent web links. KHodge <Khodge@mkford.com> wrote: > How do I unblock attachments from our outlook express? > we cant sent web links. Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup or use Google to find one of the 100,000 times this question has been asked and answered. -- Brian Tillman Smiths Aerospace 3290 Patterson Ave. SE, MS 1B3 Grand Rapids, MI 49512-1991 Brian.Tillman is the name, smiths-aerospace.com is the domain. I don't speak for Smiths, and Smiths doesn't speak for me. ...

over 65,000 rows
I have a tab delimited file with well over 65,000 rows. So my Excel 2002 can only open part of the file. How can I split the file in half so that I load both halves separately in Excel? Is there a trick to opening the entire file in Excel 2002? Jeff Open your text file in a text editor--Notepad is ok. Save the top portion as one file and the bottom portion as another file. You'll bring each portion into excel as separate worksheets. FYI: xl2007 has over a million rows. Jeff@invalid.com wrote: > > I have a tab delimited file with well over 65,000 rows. So my Excel 200...

Out of office Assistant #52
Is there a way to have the out of office notify the same sender more than once that they are out of office. It seems now that if you have out of office on and someone sends you an email and they get the out of office message, that they won't get another out of office message if they happened to send another email. Thanks. No. "grahamnh" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2912901c46503$2eaa0c60$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a way to have the out of office notify the same > sender more than once that they are out of office. It > se...

Akuzuki 1 1/2" Galvanized Hardwood Flooring Staples (5,000)
Price:$28.95 Image: http://discountadvisors.info/image.php?id=B001N1K28K Best deal: http://discountadvisors.info/index.php?id=B001N1K28K Compatible with Bostitch MIIIFS; True Value 407619, Akuzuki. SIMILAR PRODUCTS: Akuzuki Top Quality Pneumatic Hardwood Floor Flooring Air Cleat Nailers:http://discountadvisors.info/index.php?id=B000Q38KOO ...

CRM 1.2 compatibility with 'MAUS' business and accounting software
Is Maus compatible with CRM 1.2? Does anyone know? ...

In Excel, how can I let 1 * a = a?
Hi everyone, Say I have two cells, one has a value (0 or 1), and the second has a text abrevation such as a or b,....etc. A B 1 ab 0 ca 1 dd 1 ww When I type A1*B1, for example, I get #VALUE! stuff!! How can let it come out like this? ab 0 dd ww Regards, Mike =IF(A1, B1, A1) should do it or more explicitly =IF(A1=1, B1, 0) -- Regards Juan Pablo Gonz�lez "Michael" <mas_it_2000@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:118f1485.0410080733.a6cd276@posting.google.com... > Hi everyone, > > Say I have two cells, one has...

Office Setup for 1 user
I have 3 users on my computer. I am using Vista Business and office 2007. 2 of the three users use office 2003. My question is this. Is it possible to install 2003 for the other 2 users and 2007 just for me. I know some programs allow yoou to install per user but don't know if it is possible with office. You need to read the terms of the end user license agreement (EULA) that came with your software. Even versions of Office have different terms. If you can't find it, you may be able to look it up here: Find End User License Terms for Microsoft Software Licens...

SOP Transaction Entry number already exists
MBS Great Plains v7.5: When trying to pull up an existing, unposted Order in Sales Trx entry by typing in the Order Number, sometimes get message "This document number already exists. Please enter a new document number." But I know it exists, I am just trying to pull it back up to edit. Faster to re-enter number that go into lookup. This doesn't happen all the time. Hi Deb. I know this happens to us in situations where there is some inconsistency between the info on the order number we are trying to pull up, and the information currently on the screen (ie. the type id d...

Merge / Collate Workbooks into 1 workbook
Grateful for help with this urgent problem, which requires automation: I've got 50 workbooks Each workbook is named after an Area Each workbook contains: Cell A1, Column Header 'Area' Cell B1, Column Header 'Zip Code' A2 to unknown number of rows contains the Area Name B2 to unknown number of rows contains different zip codes relating t that area I want to merge/collate all this data into one workbook. Please se example below: AREA ZIP COD Dallas 11111 Dallas 11111 Dallas 11111 Dallas 11111 NYC 22222 NYC 22222 NYC 22222 Chi...

time conversion #8
I'm trying to calculate the difference between start and finish times of projects, and it needs to be in 1/100 time. for example 1:30 - 3:00 would 1:50. I haven't been able to figure out a formula for excel 2000. Any help would be greatly appreciated. This article may get you going on the right track. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/214094#XSLTH4233121122120121120120 "Charlie Zinck" wrote: > I'm trying to calculate the difference between start and finish times of > projects, and it needs to be in 1/100 time. for example 1:30 - 3:00 would > 1:50. I haven&...

Inbox Showing Incorrect Number of Unread Messages
I'm having an issue with a user's mailbox - Outlook 2003 or 2007, Exchange 2003, Windows XP - that I could use some help with. The Inbox indicates that there are 47 unread messges, and when I hightlight the Inbox in the navigation pane the Status Bar at the pottom of the Outlook window says that there are 47 total items in the Inbox, but when I look at the message list, there are only 19 messages visible. I've verified that the View settings are set to show Messages, and I've verified that the exact same situation exists in the Unread Mail folder. There are no ...

How do I enhance the small numbers next to the download folders?
When I apply rules to incoming mail, the message is automatically swept into the folder of choice. The only indication that this has happened is a small number just next to the relevant folder. Can this number be made bigger, or brightly coloured, or blinked? The number is too small and tends to merge into the background. Or is there any other way to notify in an obvious way? P ...

Show image on all pages problem
When I put a clipart image in the background it doesn't show on all of my pages because I have got text frames and other objects in the foreground and the clipart is behind these objects. The trouble is I want the clipart in the background to always be on top of the foreground objects. How can I do this? I've tried the order option but I can't get that to work eeither. Any advice gratefully received. Anita I'm a bit confused because generally objects in the background are behind everything - not in front. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Anita&qu...

OWA- Pages load incorrectly externally
Gurus, I'm using Exchange 2003 on a Server2k3 machine. My boss is out of town and called stating that OWA loads improperly on IE6 on his WinXP laptop, connecting via dial-up. We are not using FBA, just http. His first connection attempt was fine, but subsequent attempts yeilded the faulty results. I was at a location outside of our firewall at the time, so I attempted to verify his complaint by logging into my own OWA account. The page loaded flawlessly; however about 15 minutes later I tried it from a different computer in the same facility, and got similar results as my boss: the...

Limit a field to 3 digits 1 capital letter 1nd 2 numbers
Hi I want to use Data Validation to restric user for data entries I need that the user use this format in column B: 1 letter in capital and 2 numbers like A02 or S31 or T11 or M45 ..... I have try many custom formula without success I would also would like that within a range in column B that it would be without duplicate Thanks for helping hi Jean, =AND(LEN(A1)=3,NOT(ISNUMBER(--MID(A1,1,1))),ISNUMBER(--MID(A1,2,1)),ISNUMBER(--MID(A1,3,1)),EXACT(MID(A1,1,1),PROPER(MID(A1,1,1)))) -- isabelle Le 2011-12-13 10:50, jean a �crit : > Hi > > I want to use Data Validation to res...