.CSV to .PRN

I am having trouble saving a .CSV file as a .PRN format - it is cutting the
information in the sheet off about 20 columns in - any suggestions?  I am
doing the basic File - Save as.

Thanks,

Melissa

0
Melissa (140)

Have you formatted the sheet with a fixed-width font so you can set the field
widths exactly? What is sum of field lengths? There used to be a limit of ~240
characters per line in PRN files.

On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 10:13:08 -0700, "Melissa"
<Melissa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I am having trouble saving a .CSV file as a .PRN format - it is cutting the
>information in the sheet off about 20 columns in - any suggestions?  I am
>doing the basic File - Save as.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Melissa

0
anonymous (74721)
10/18/2004 6:21:44 PM
PS: If you are hitting a limit on line length, you'll have to write the file
in another format like CSV or TXT, or write the file as fixed-width using VBA
code.

On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 10:13:08 -0700, "Melissa"
<Melissa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I am having trouble saving a .CSV file as a .PRN format - it is cutting the
>information in the sheet off about 20 columns in - any suggestions?  I am
>doing the basic File - Save as.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Melissa

0
anonymous (74721)
10/18/2004 6:22:35 PM
Save from a previous post:

There's a limit of 240 characters per line when you save as .prn files.

You have a few choices (try against a copy of your worksheet):

I'd either concatenate the cell values into another column:

=LEFT(A1&REPT(" ",5),5) & LEFT(B1&REPT(" ",4),4) & TEXT(C1,"000,000.00")

(You'll have to modify it to match what you want.)

Then I'd copy and paste to notepad and save from there.  Once I figured out that
ugly formula, I kept it and just unhide that column when I wanted to export the
data.

If that doesn't work for you, maybe you could do it with a macro.

Here's a link that provides a macro:
http://google.com/groups?threadm=015b01c32c5f%24b3d398d0%24a501280a%40phx.gbl

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

Convert to CSV file
I am trying to convert Excel file format to pure CSV format. I saved it as .csv, but when I open it again, it still appears as in Excel form with the cells and so on. How do I convert it to get it in pure CSV form with the commas and so on? Does anyone know how it can be done or if this is possible? Hi! You probably have converted it. Try reading the file with a tex processor (e.g. Notepad) rather than letting Excel open it. Al -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi there If you open the csv file in a text editor such as Notepad then you will see that Excel has saved it in...

Opening a csv with more than 65536 rows
Hi I have a 10MB .csv file having some 200,000+ rows and 3 columns. I obviously can open the file in any other plain text editor. But when I open this in MS Excel 2003, I get the msg *File Not Loade Completely*. The details are > > This error is usually encountered when an attempt to open a file wit > more than 65,536 rows or 256 columns is made. Excel is limited t > 65,536 rows of data and 256 columns per worksheet. You can have man > worksheets with this number of rows and columns... > So how would I go abt saving this entire .csv file as .xls ? The latte part (after 65...

Missing commas in csv save
Hi I have a question about saving to csv files, in some circumstances a leading "," is being dropped and I wanted to know if there is a way around it. Explanation of situation first, then the specific question releated to the situation at the end. I have some code which copies a table from an Excel workbook, pastes it into a new workbook, and then saves that workbook as a csv file: Code something like: Application.Goto Reference:=strDataRange Selection.Copy Workbooks.Add Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlValues, Operation:=xlNone, SkipBlanks:= _ False, Transpos...

.csv Files in Excel
Looking for help with .csv Files. How can I copy (description) in to my columns, so I do not have to manual type. I tryed to copy and paste, but it would not work. I'm working on my auctions lists. I sure could use the help. Thank you -- sm first copy into excel . it will come into one column. find out the delimiters i.e. the sign between the items those come into each column, usually it will be comma(,). then in excel data-texttocolumn-choose delimited-cllick next and then the wizard is interactive. "SallieMay" <SallieMay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mes...

Date format problems after csv import
Dear all Excel expert, I am facing 2 date problems after importing from a sql database via .csv. This field is a date + time field. Appreciate any help. Thanks in advance. Problem 1: Even during import, I select field as D/M/Y, but the date is imported in Excel date format(Custom m/d/yyyy hh:mm). eg. 4/1/2010 11:58 has become 1st April. How can I convert this to the correct date which is actually 4th Jan? I would like the result to be in Excel date format to be mm/dd/yyyy hh:mm Problem 2: For any dates that are >12, the value is exported as text '29/01/2010 9:28 How...

Need to change text to csv
My credit card company has an export feature. One of the options is ".csv (Excel). This used to give me a nice clean spreadsheet with each column of information in a separate Excell column. I guess it converted on the fly or something. But now it seems to be a "comma delimited text file" In other words, only the first Excel cell in each row has data in it, and it looks like this in each row (the first row has headings). 1,"03/24/2005","HARVARD CS","Credit","$39.95". What can I do to get all those comma delimited items into sep...

DPM RC 2010 License to backup VM on CSV
Hi, We have downloaded DPM RC 2010 and installed agents on our 2008 R2 Core Hyper-V cluster using CSV . Now when ever we setup protection group to backup one test virtual server from this cluster, we gets below message. " You are using more DPM licenses than you have purchased. Click on update DPM license link and update the licenses status." The "Update DPM licenses..." link is always grayed out . Is there any temp license available to test backup of one Virtual server from cluster. -Tejas There's no way to get rid of this message, but you don'...

importing csv file to e-mail
I'm trying to import a .csv file to OutLook, which is actually not a problem. What I need it to do is SEND the contents of the .csv file as e-mails. I exported my Sent folder to a .csv file to make sur eI had the correct format and then after making a few changes, imported the new .csv file to the Outbox. It's coming in as a group of e-mails with no problem, but the onlyway I can get it to sent them is to reply or forward them individually... NOT what I need to happen. Does anyone have any advice on how to get this to work? I'd prefer that the e-mails send immediately af...

semicolon separated CSV file
How can I save a semicolon separated CSV file from an Excel worksheet? Selecting the CSV file type in SaveAs function results in a comma separated file, despite the Windows list separator is semicolon. Using the CSV (MS DOS) file type creates a semicolon separated file, but it is not suitable for me, because it changes my 1250 code page to 437. If the built-in Save As formats do not suit your needs your only recourse is to use a macro. This may do what you want: ''No quotes around strings ''Outputs the selection if more than one cell is selected, else entire sheet Sub ...

regarding the importing of look fields in MS CRM from .csv file
hi everyone, i have to import the look up field name lead territory which is their in lead entity and in the . csv file. this lead territory field ismapped with region entity i.e all the fields that are their in region entity are there is .csv file . i have to import the look up field in crm .first of all i replaced the lead territory in csv file to its correspondong GUid and passed it with the help of bulk import wizard but when i m mapping the look up fields source field will be the guid tha i have placed in .csv file but here and target field should be the field that is present in the reg...

OE6
hi all im trying to import a hefty address book (500+) from a squirrrel mail account into OE6. my current strategy has been to copy the address book straight from the web page into an excel document, clean it up a bit and then save as a csv document which ive tried to import into OE. now even as i write it it sounds precarious and to date ive had no success. anyone any ideas how to do this? many tks in advance teddave -- """"""""""""""""""""""""""""...

csv conversion
How can i break apart a comma delimited text string in a single cell to multiple cells based on comma loaction? Select the column of values and use Data | Text to Columns, specify Delimited and check the Comma box But first make sure there are enough blank columns to the right to accept the new values best wishes -- Bernard Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme "Rozman" <Rozman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9FEF33ED-3C0C-4C84-8400-8E0A9B5A703A@microsoft.com... > How can i break apart a comma delimited text string i...

Opening .CSV file
I have a .CSV file which i am opening through VBA code: set wb = workbooks.open(Filepath) When I open the file the first columns reads: 19/04/10 19/04/10 19/04/10 When I open the file via the file menu (File | Open) the first column reads: 19/04/2010 19/04/2010 19/04/2010 What do I have to do to be able to open the file via VBA and have the column 1 values seen as they appear when the file is opened normally? PWS When you use File|Open, excel will use your windows regional settings -- and you have your date format set to dmy. But when VBA opens the file, i...

why csv fields converted into dates
Hi I have a csv file with fields that look like this ,"20-10", this is being interpreted as a date when i open it in Excel. what do i need to do with this filed in order to make Excel consider it a text? I tried replacing the double quotes with a single quote like this: ,'20-10', but that makes the single quote appear in the cell in Excel, which is not what i want. please help. thanks hilz wrote: > I have a csv file with fields that look like this > ,"20-10", > this is being interpreted as a date when i open it in Excel. Hmm, that&#...

Multi CSV file import #2
I have about 200 csv files that I would like to import into excel. After figuring out that I can only import 1 file at a time, I am tryin to seek a solution to this time consuming problem. Is there an easy wa to import them all at one time, (all the same layout). Is there a way t merge them all and import them, or any other solution? Jef -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Outlook export csv contacts screws up email addresses (why?)
There must be a way to prevent Outlook from screwing up email addresses upon import and subsequent export of a csv file into and out of the contacts? But how? Here's what happens consistently with Outlook 2003 on Windows XP. I import this two-line csv test file into my Outlook contacts. Note this test file contains an email address which is not in my company Exchange server (apparently). LASTNAME,FIRSTNAME,PHONE,EMAIL Bar,Foo,123-456-7890,foo@bar.com When I export these contacts, the result is a different format: "LASTNAME","FIRSTNAME","PHONE","EM...

Export mailbox Ex5.5 resources to csv programmatically
Hello, Is there a way to export the mailbox resources from Ex 5.5 (information store, not "directory") to a csv using a script or command line tool? I saw a way to do this manually using the save windows settings in the file menu of exchadmin, but i'd like to automate it. thanks martin You want to export mailbox contents to csv? Are you sure? -- Blog "subject: exchange" http://spaces.msn.com/members/ehlo/ "paisher" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:07a201c50ec7$9907e780$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Hello, > > Is t...

256-byte limit for space delimited text (*.prn) files
In my job I routinely need to save Excel spreadsheets in the 'space delimited text' format in order to upload their data to a mainframe for processing. I have to use this format because the mainframe is very picky about the data being lined up. For example, if a field starts in column 30 on the first record, it must start in column 30 in all the records The problem I have with using the 'space delimited text' format (*.prn file) is that it is limited to a 256-byte record length. If I have a spreadsheet with rows longer than that then it cuts off the data beyond that length ...

Saving As .CSV
Hello, here's the situation: I downloaded an .xls file from my broker and opened it in Excel. The original file was delimited by commas and I had to choose comma delimited in order for Excel to display it in columns/rows correctly. I made some changes to the file, then saved it with a new name. The problem is, I can find no way to save it as a comma delimited file again. Saving it as a Workbook places quotes around the commas and creates spacing between text (when I view it in Wordpad), and saving it as a Text File (Tab delimited) does just that--makes it TAB delimited, not comma...

about CSV
Hi, I am new to CSV,I know for Excel file,the maximum obs is 64k,I want to know for CSV file,is there any limitation for max observation ? Thanks I think the answer is going to depend on what you're going to do with that CSV file. CSV files are just plain text. You can have as many lines as you want in that kind of file. But if you're going to import the data into excel into one worksheet, then you're (Currently!) limited to 64k rows/lines. If you're going to bring the data into a different application, then you'll be limited by that application's rules. smartie_...

Importing Contract from .csv file is not working
Hi, I m new to CRM. I have two column in my .CSV file. name and phone number i am trying to imort them to CRM contact Module. Everything happen smooth, i mean mapping of fields. But it does not Import the Contact in to CRM , instead the task goes and sits into the Buld Import Activity. And shows the Status as "Pending". I am using CRM Client and all the services are running..... Please let me know what could be the problem.. Labhesh Shrimali Bangalore - India MCP. Hi you have to change the Log on account for the Workflow Service on the CRM Server Regards, Dirk F ...

Export a list of employee email addresses to a list (CSV)
Hi, Is there a way to export a list of user email addresses into a list? My supervisor likes to see it. Is it possible or do I need a script to do this? Any tips or information will be appreciated. Thank you in advance, Johnny Chow Here's a script written for this purpose. Will make it faster/easier to do this. http://www.exchangepedia.com/blog/2005/09/how-to-export-all-email-addresses-from.html -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- "Johnny Chow" <jchow10@g...

Can I include functions in a CSV file?
Hello everybody! I am able to create csv files that contain functions that are readable from excel. For example the following .csv file: 10,20,30 20,30,40 =AVERAGE(A1:A2),=AVERAGE(B1:B2),=AVERAGE(C1:C2) when opened from excel prints the following table: A B C 1 10 20 30 2 20 30 40 3 15 25 35 Instead of defining the specific cells that the Average function should use as an input, i want to say something lile: "Calculate the average of the two cells above this cell". Something like saying =Average(column[this]line[-2]:column[thi...

Export to .csv file without column headers
I've created a report with SRS. When I preview the report, I have no column headers. However, when I export it to a .cvs file, the file does contain column headers. I have no header row in the table. How can I export to a file without column headers? ...