#VALUE! Occuring in formula result

I have a formula in cell A1:

=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(B9,ALL!A6:E1091,5,FALSE)=TRUE),"",VLOOKUP(B9,ALL!A6:E1091,5,FALSE))

I used this formula to eliminate the #N/A that would appear if no value
is found in the vlookup.

The result in A1 was #N/A, but now it is blank due to ISNA formula.
However, now if I add cell A1 with others cells. =SUM(A1:A10), it
returns #VALUE!.

The blank cell as a result of the ISNA formula is causing this cell not
to add.

Please help.....Thanks,

Richard

---

Use a zero instead of "".

--

Kind Regards,

Niek Otten

Microsoft MVP - Excel

"gacollege >" <<gacollege.11gux9@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message
> I have a formula in cell A1:

=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(B9,ALL!A6:E1091,5,FALSE)=TRUE),"",VLOOKUP(B9,ALL!A6:E1091,5
,FALSE))

> I used this formula to eliminate the #N/A that would appear if no value
> is found in the vlookup.
>
> The result in A1 was #N/A, but now it is blank due to ISNA formula.
> However, now if I add cell A1 with others cells. =SUM(A1:A10), it
> returns #VALUE!.
>
> The blank cell as a result of the ISNA formula is causing this cell not
> to add.
>
> Please help.....Thanks,
>
> Richard
>

> ---

nicolaus (2022)
2/11/2004 2:45:37 PM
Or if you don't want to have '0' in your sheet you may try
=SUM(VALUE(A1:A10))
entered as array formula (CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER)

Frank

Niek Otten wrote:
> Use a zero instead of "".
>

> "gacollege >" <<gacollege.11gux9@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in
> message news:gacollege.11gux9@excelforum-nospam.com...
>> I have a formula in cell A1:

=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(B9,ALL!A6:E1091,5,FALSE)=TRUE),"",VLOOKUP(B9,ALL!A6:E1
091,5
> ,FALSE))
>>
>> I used this formula to eliminate the #N/A that would appear if no
>> value is found in the vlookup.
>>
>> The result in A1 was #N/A, but now it is blank due to ISNA formula.
>> However, now if I add cell A1 with others cells. =SUM(A1:A10), it
>> returns #VALUE!.
>>
>> The blank cell as a result of the ISNA formula is causing this cell
>> not to add.
>>
>> Please help.....Thanks,
>>
>> Richard
>>

>> ---
>> Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/

0
frank.kabel (11126)
2/11/2004 2:50:33 PM
=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(B9,ALL!A6:E1091,5,FALSE)=TRUE),"0",VLOOKUP(B9,ALL!A6:E1091,5,FALSE)
- That works, wow such an easy fix to what I thought was complex.

In addition, thanks Frank your suggestion works also !

You may want to use 0 instead of "0".

Since =sum() ignores text and ignoring text is pretty much the same as adding 0,
it shouldn't matter much.

But if you ever need to go back to do more arithmetic, you might be happier with
the number 0--not the text "0".

(and if you want, you could drop the =true from your formula.  It could save you
minutes over your lifetime!)

"gacollege <" wrote:

> =IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(B9,ALL!A6:E1091,5,FALSE)=TRUE),"0",VLOOKUP(B9,ALL!A6:E1091,5,FALSE))
> - That works, wow such an easy fix to what I thought was complex.
>
> In addition, thanks Frank your suggestion works also !!
>
> ---

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com
0
ec35720 (10082)

Adding some values on a sheet???
Hello and thanks in advance. I'm working on a calculator for some Cable TV plants designs. Here is what I need: I'd like to have a drop down menu with several different values of design in it. When I click on a value, I'd like it to insert some "value specific" numbers on this type of chart below...... 30 mhz= Ch 5= Ch 40= Ch 78= Ch 80= Ch 116= Any ideas on how I go about that and where to insert and store the info for each type of "value" Cheers! Doug Strinz Hudson Falls, NY Hi Doug Strinz, Assume that you have a worksheet named 'master'. On ...

How to draw 2D values to windows screen??
Suppose now I have a 2D array containing binary values only (1 or 0). I would like to draw these values on the windows screen (created by MFC dialog-based app in MSVC++ 2005) with 0 be black (0, 0, 0) and 1 be white (255, 255, 255). Which MFC class and function should I use to achieve this effect?? Newbie Question wrote: > Suppose now I have a 2D array containing binary values only (1 or 0). I would > like to draw these values on the windows screen (created by MFC dialog-based > app in MSVC++ 2005) with 0 be black (0, 0, 0) and 1 be white (255, 255, 255). > Which MFC class a...

Will a formula do what I want?
Using: Excel 2000, on Windows 98 I'm hoping that someone on here can possibly help me. I have basi Excel knowledge, but this is out of my skill set. My boss has given me a project to work on, in which I have a workboo with two worksheets that I am dealing with. The worksheets are labelle PRICE and SUMMARY. On the PRICE sheet, I have several columns. Column A lists the produc name, Columns E list the per page charge for the *red* program, an Column G lists the per page charge for the *blue* program. Those ar the columns we will be dealing with. All specific information on thi page st...

Repeat formula
Hi again, thanks for the help, im trying to repeat a formula for all cells in a column, is there an easy way of doing this? Thanks James EXCEL 2007 Ctrl-C in the cell where the formula is (to copy it) Ctrl-V in cell(s) to which you wish to copy said formula. If my comments have helped please hit Yes. Thanks. "james" wrote: > Hi again, thanks for the help, im trying to repeat a formula for all cells in > a column, is there an easy way of doing this? > Thanks > James > hi another way. select the cell with the formula. place the mous...

text value
I need to rank a column containing concatonated names and addresses. Ranking only handles numeric values, is there any way to give text a numeric value? Hi, It would have helped to see some test data but let's start from here. With your data in column A starting in A2 enter this in b2 and drag down =COUNTIF($A$2:$A$100,"<"&A2)+1 -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the question. "AllyH" wrote: > I need to rank a colum...

COUNT ? need formula
Hi, I want to track the results of my teams sales performance. I record if it is a sale, no sale, cancelled etc in column M. I thought I'd be able to use the COUNT function/formula to be able to search for all the SALES in column M and place the result in a cell ( column O )but I can't work it out. Any ideas? Damian Hi! Try this: =COUNTIF(M1:M100,"sale") Biff "Diamond Jones" <kwanzaNOSPAM@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message news:43a0e897$0$17704$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au... > Hi, > > I want to track the results of my teams sales perf...

Value Axis Scale Change Problem #2
Thanks Jon - problem solved -- dp_fulche ----------------------------------------------------------------------- dp_fulcher's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=969 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27033 ...

How to retrieve value from specific cell value?
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to retrieve value from specific cell value with specific worksheet? I would like to create a if-statement within macro, If specific cell within specific worksheet = 1 then process following code End If Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance for any suggestions Eric hi If Sheets("sheet1").Range("A1") = 1 Then MsgBox "run code" Else MsgBox "skip code" End If regards FSt1 "Eric" wrote: > Does anyone have any suggestions on how to retrieve value from specific cell &...

Multiple Value Lookup field
I need to add multiple values to a look up field and I just found out that new to Access 2007 I can add multi-values to my look-up fields. I just tried doing this, but for some reason in the look-up wizard there is no check box that says "Allow Multiple Values", so then I went to the Lookup tab in the field properties to see if there was an Allow Multiple Values property and there was none. Not sure if this would mean anything, but this table was converted from Access 2003 to Access 2007. Why do I not have this option and what I can do about it? On Mon, 12 Nov 2007 12:58:0...

Item Value List vs Item Movement History Report (including cost)
I have been trying to create reports for previous points in time, but I am so confused at this point as to what is what. I've ran an Item Value list, which shows the current value of items, and got an extended cost. Then I ran an Item Movement History Report that includes cost with a filter that begins before the store opened and ends today. The extended cost in this report was very close, but not the same as the extended cost in the Item Value list. Is there something that the Item Movement History Report takes into account that the Item Value list doesn't, or vise versa? Beca...

Formula on Actual Vs Plan
Hi Friends! Could some help me on this formula? I need to complete a task say from 1-Jun-05 to 30-Jun-05 i.e 30 days, but however on a given day when I analyse the Project schedule (say today), I find out that on the 9th day i.e 9-Jun-05 on actual progress I have completed only 4% of the Job, Hence what should be my forecasted days to complete the job a 100% in actual, now putting it in a mathematical sense: 100% = 30days (Plan) 4% = 9days (Actual & when the plan is 30%) Hence 96% = ? (How may days in Forecast) I want the formula to be dynam...

End result of software installation for comparison
After the software is installed a table with all the changes that were supposed to be done. What users are supposed to be included in which groups, files, directories and their security settings. In order to get software to run a lot of systems are opened up and left that way because the software works. If a listing was made available there could be a comparison. Of course a program which could be run and make suggestions/corrections would be even better. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote...

Unique Values from Access
Dear all, I'm trying to create a validation list with data from access. The code below already do it, but I have a big problem: in the field of access database I can have duplicate data... table: period fields year_month year_quarter year 200701 200701 2007 200702 200701 2007 200703 200701 2007 200704 200702 2007 .. .. .. And the code below brings duplicate data. How can I solve this problem? I wouldn't like to bring all information to excel ...

Auto change formula in cells when source is changed
Good day experts; If specific cells have the same formula for example: C1 = Product( A1;B1) C16 = Product(A16;B16) C17= Product(A17;B17) And so on ... What formula should i write in C16, C17, ... so that: when the formula in the source cell, C1, is changed the formulas in C16, C17, ... would automatically change accordingly. I tried "=C1" it does not work Thanks in advance Carlo carlo wrote: > Good day experts; > > If specific cells have the same formula for example: > C1 = Product( A1;B1) > C16 = Product(A16;B16) > C17= Product(A17;B17) > And so on ... ...

Default values
How can I set up default values for text box fields for new records? Fore example: I would like to set up default value for Country so when user creates new account - country field is populated with that vaue. Thanks, m Hi there You would need to use a picklist field instead of a text field and add a value for each country. You can then set the default country. This is all done in Systom Customisation > Customise Form. Other than this you could use a workflow based on Account Create. Insert a condition to check the country field is null, and insert an action to update the country fi...

Can't Assign Value to this Object
I think I've seen this problem before but I can't remember the reason or solution. I have a form (in add mode) whose record source is a single table. For most fields on the form, the user will input data, but for a couple of fields I am trying to populate them with the values of global variables. I've got the global variables working (I can assign one to an unbound text box on the form), but when I try to assign the variable value to a bound text box, I get an error message that "Run-time error 2448: You can't assign a value to this object". Here is ...

Populate cell with a value if another cell has a certain value
All, good morning. i have a issue, i need to populate cell E4 with a value CX/025966 when cell F4 has a text Bond Street. Is there a simple way of doin this? EXCEL 2007 Try:- =IF((F4="Bond Street"),"CX/025966","") If my comments have helped please hit Yes. Thanks. "B2ORL" wrote: > All, good morning. i have a issue, i need to populate cell E4 with a value > CX/025966 when cell F4 has a text Bond Street. > > Is there a simple way of doin this? Use IF() =IF(F4="Bond Street","CX/02...

Lookup a value in a table and display text if a value exists
I have a customer database form named frmMain with a field called txtAgency. I also have a table that has a column of agency codes that are in the Outlook Global directory. The table is called tbl_Global and consist of about 40 records. If the user inputs an agency that is within this table on the frmMain, I want the phone number field (txtPhone) on the database form to automatically display "See Outlook". If the agency is not within this list, I want the end user to be able input a value on the form. What is the best way to go about this? Use DLookup() to get t...

Summing visible column values but not hidden column values
I need to write a SUM function that will add up the numbers in several columns of data (for example, A4:S4), but I only want it to add those columns that are visible, not those that are hidden. Is there any way to have Excel add only the numbers in the visible columns, not in any hidden columns? Thanks. Hi have you hiddent he columns manually?. If yes you'll need VBA -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "BW" <BW@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:CBAFDFDF-FFFD-4521-97EC-CD3941FD8686@microsoft.com... > I need to write a SUM function that ...

Formula to pull the lowest supplier name
I need assistance creating a formula to extract the supplier name associated with the lowest supplier bid. A sample of the data looks like this. I need to be careful as some quotes will be zero and I do not want to pull this as the minimum supplier. Sup A Sup B Sup C Minimum Sup Bid Minimum Sup Name $/lb. $/lb. $/lb. $/lb. Item 1 1 2 3 1 ? Item 2 0.5 0.2 0.4 0.2 ? Item 3 2.4 1.9 0.8 0.8 ? To get the minimum and ignore zeros, can use this array (confirm formula ...

Need a lookup formula that matches 2 values and returns the 3rd va
I neeed to merge 16000 rows of data with some duplicate vales. Poor record keeping lead to two lists and each was updated independantly if at all. Some orders show up one list and not the other so I can't just sort or do a dup search. I'm trying to recreate this data and track the status of all orders for the past 12 months. When orders were shipped out in parts the same order number was used and this has been a nightmare trying to sort the duplicates and match the dates. I need a formula for F that returns the current status based on the order number and date. I tried a...

HELP! Chart Zero Values
Hi, I'm new to this forum...I hope someone can help. I have just become trainee Office Trainer, and a delegate has asked me a question that can't immediately help her with. She has a job interview thi afternoon and has been given some Excel tasks to do. She has been asked to create a scatter chart using 2 columns of data i the spreadsheet. How do you get the chart to not display the data i either the x or y axis data is null? I know you can get the chart to not display the values if both x and are zero, but what if just one of the axis is zero? If anyone can help me with this ...

Paste Values Based on Conditional Value
I have a workbook with 2 worksheets. Basically it is a daily sales log. On worksheet 1 the user will input multiple daily sales figures and the date. Worksheet 2 is the historical sales figures. The theoretical usage will be for the end user to go to worksheet 1, enter the date and daily sales figures and click the save data button. I am seeking a formula that will look at the date entry and paste the values from worksheet 1 into the proper line on worksheet 2 based on the date entry from worksheet 1. Example: Column A of worksheet 2 is simply a list of dates. January 13, 201...

Histogram
I'm using the Histogram function and trying to set my own bin values. However, Excel ignores them and uses the default bin values. My bin values are in ascending order and are formatted as a number. I do not get any error messages, just the wrong bin numbers. Thank you! ...

Match result is sometimes #N/A
Hi, I'm using the following formula. The problem is that sometimes my value isn't found and I'm not getting a blank but rather #N/A. =IF(MATCH("POS*",B$83:B$782,0),"Please be advised the POS LOBs have been converted to PPO LOBs", "") 1. Is there a fix to my formula? or 2. In the cell that results #N/A - I could set a conditional format to make a white background and white font. However, when I try that - it's not working either. Cell format = #N/A doesn't do what I want. Try this, Sharon: =IF(ISNA(MATCH("POS*",B$83:B...