"Send to Mail Recipient" icon not working

As you know, in Excel you there is an icon on the Toolbar for "Send to Mail
Recipient".  For some reason, my icon does not appear.  When I select Tools >
Customize > Select and drag the Mail Recipient icon to the toolbar, as soon
as I close the customize menu box the icon I just dragged to the toolbar
disappears.  When I click on the little arrow at the end of the toolbar, I do
not see it listed under the Customize area (to check or uncheck).  Anyone
know why this may be happening and how I can get the icon to stay in the
toolbar?

Also, if I go under File > Send To, I see Mail Recipient (for Review) and
Mail Recipient (as attachment), but I do not see just Mail Recipient.

Any ideas you have would be helpful.

0
Lynde (9)

Hi Lynde

http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/problems.htm
I think your problem is number 2

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Lynde" <Lynde@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8AE30542-9FCA-480A-9F57-148808760906@microsoft.com...
> As you know, in Excel you there is an icon on the Toolbar for "Send to Mail
> Recipient".  For some reason, my icon does not appear.  When I select Tools >
> Customize > Select and drag the Mail Recipient icon to the toolbar, as soon
> as I close the customize menu box the icon I just dragged to the toolbar
> disappears.  When I click on the little arrow at the end of the toolbar, I do
> not see it listed under the Customize area (to check or uncheck).  Anyone
> know why this may be happening and how I can get the icon to stay in the
> toolbar?
>
> Also, if I go under File > Send To, I see Mail Recipient (for Review) and
> Mail Recipient (as attachment), but I do not see just Mail Recipient.
>
> Any ideas you have would be helpful.

0
rondebruin (3789)
6/22/2005 3:07:10 PM
Hi Ron,

First off I apologize for not stating which version of Excel and Windows I'm
using.  We have Excel 2003 (Microsoft Office 2003) and we run Windows 2000
Professional.  With that clarified, I'm not having a problem with Routing
Recipients, but rather, I don't have a Mail Recipient option.  I'd like to
email a spreadsheet, but not as an attachment.  When I tried to add the Mail
Recipient icon to the toolbar, it disappears as soon as I close out of the
Customize window.  This afternoon, I checked Word 2003 and I do have the icon
on the toolbar, but it is grayed out in that program.  Any ideas?

Lynde

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

> Hi Lynde
>
> http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/problems.htm
> I think your problem is number 2
>
> --
> Regards Ron de Bruin
> http://www.rondebruin.nl
>

> "Lynde" <Lynde@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8AE30542-9FCA-480A-9F57-148808760906@microsoft.com...
> > As you know, in Excel you there is an icon on the Toolbar for "Send to Mail
> > Recipient".  For some reason, my icon does not appear.  When I select Tools >
> > Customize > Select and drag the Mail Recipient icon to the toolbar, as soon
> > as I close the customize menu box the icon I just dragged to the toolbar
> > disappears.  When I click on the little arrow at the end of the toolbar, I do
> > not see it listed under the Customize area (to check or uncheck).  Anyone
> > know why this may be happening and how I can get the icon to stay in the
> > toolbar?
> >
> > Also, if I go under File > Send To, I see Mail Recipient (for Review) and
> > Mail Recipient (as attachment), but I do not see just Mail Recipient.
> >
> > Any ideas you have would be helpful.

0
Lynde (9)
6/22/2005 9:21:09 PM
Hi Lynde

Try number 2 (the win.ini problem) the text in the KB is not good
Post back with the result please

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Lynde" <Lynde@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D828CC8F-5F86-44B5-9ED4-6A59034AA7F5@microsoft.com...
> Hi Ron,
>
> First off I apologize for not stating which version of Excel and Windows I'm
> using.  We have Excel 2003 (Microsoft Office 2003) and we run Windows 2000
> Professional.  With that clarified, I'm not having a problem with Routing
> Recipients, but rather, I don't have a Mail Recipient option.  I'd like to
> email a spreadsheet, but not as an attachment.  When I tried to add the Mail
> Recipient icon to the toolbar, it disappears as soon as I close out of the
> Customize window.  This afternoon, I checked Word 2003 and I do have the icon
> on the toolbar, but it is grayed out in that program.  Any ideas?
>
> Lynde
>

> "Ron de Bruin" wrote:
>
>> Hi Lynde
>>
>> http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/problems.htm
>> I think your problem is number 2
>>
>> --
>> Regards Ron de Bruin
>> http://www.rondebruin.nl
>>

>> "Lynde" <Lynde@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8AE30542-9FCA-480A-9F57-148808760906@microsoft.com...
>> > As you know, in Excel you there is an icon on the Toolbar for "Send to Mail
>> > Recipient".  For some reason, my icon does not appear.  When I select Tools >
>> > Customize > Select and drag the Mail Recipient icon to the toolbar, as soon
>> > as I close the customize menu box the icon I just dragged to the toolbar
>> > disappears.  When I click on the little arrow at the end of the toolbar, I do
>> > not see it listed under the Customize area (to check or uncheck).  Anyone
>> > know why this may be happening and how I can get the icon to stay in the
>> > toolbar?
>> >
>> > Also, if I go under File > Send To, I see Mail Recipient (for Review) and
>> > Mail Recipient (as attachment), but I do not see just Mail Recipient.
>> >
>> > Any ideas you have would be helpful.

0
rondebruin (3789)
6/22/2005 9:25:52 PM
Per the instructions from the link on the page you provided, I checked the
win.ini file.  It already has MAPIX=1 under the [Mail] section.

Lynde

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

> Hi Lynde
>
> Try number 2 (the win.ini problem) the text in the KB is not good
> Post back with the result please
>
> --
> Regards Ron de Bruin
> http://www.rondebruin.nl
>

> "Lynde" <Lynde@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D828CC8F-5F86-44B5-9ED4-6A59034AA7F5@microsoft.com...
> > Hi Ron,
> >
> > First off I apologize for not stating which version of Excel and Windows I'm
> > using.  We have Excel 2003 (Microsoft Office 2003) and we run Windows 2000
> > Professional.  With that clarified, I'm not having a problem with Routing
> > Recipients, but rather, I don't have a Mail Recipient option.  I'd like to
> > email a spreadsheet, but not as an attachment.  When I tried to add the Mail
> > Recipient icon to the toolbar, it disappears as soon as I close out of the
> > Customize window.  This afternoon, I checked Word 2003 and I do have the icon
> > on the toolbar, but it is grayed out in that program.  Any ideas?
> >
> > Lynde
> >

> > "Ron de Bruin" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi Lynde
> >>
> >> http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/problems.htm
> >> I think your problem is number 2
> >>
> >> --
> >> Regards Ron de Bruin
> >> http://www.rondebruin.nl

0
Lynde (9)
6/23/2005 1:35:01 PM
Hi Lynde

Try to rename your .xlb file

maybe you have a corrupt or bloated xlb file
*normal* size is < 30 kb.
The .xlb file has all Toolbar customization in it.

Close Excel
Do a search for .xlb in windows
Rename the file you find (mine is named Excel10.xlb in 2002)
Start Excel

Deleting the file or renaming will do no harm on your system
Excel will create a new one for you.
(You lost your customization remember that)

If you make your own toolbars or add buttons to the others
This file is important (backup it so you can restore it)

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Lynde" <Lynde@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CF29F7A2-B58D-4379-8266-3AC6C57489A6@microsoft.com...
> Per the instructions from the link on the page you provided, I checked the
> win.ini file.  It already has MAPIX=1 under the [Mail] section.
>

> Lynde
>

> "Ron de Bruin" wrote:
>
>> Hi Lynde
>>
>> Try number 2 (the win.ini problem) the text in the KB is not good
>> Post back with the result please
>>
>> --
>> Regards Ron de Bruin
>> http://www.rondebruin.nl
>>

>> "Lynde" <Lynde@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D828CC8F-5F86-44B5-9ED4-6A59034AA7F5@microsoft.com...
>> > Hi Ron,
>> >
>> > First off I apologize for not stating which version of Excel and Windows I'm
>> > using.  We have Excel 2003 (Microsoft Office 2003) and we run Windows 2000
>> > Professional.  With that clarified, I'm not having a problem with Routing
>> > Recipients, but rather, I don't have a Mail Recipient option.  I'd like to
>> > email a spreadsheet, but not as an attachment.  When I tried to add the Mail
>> > Recipient icon to the toolbar, it disappears as soon as I close out of the
>> > Customize window.  This afternoon, I checked Word 2003 and I do have the icon
>> > on the toolbar, but it is grayed out in that program.  Any ideas?
>> >
>> > Lynde

0
rondebruin (3789)
6/23/2005 2:12:50 PM
The file size of my .xlb (Excel11.xlb in 2003) was 484 kb.  I renamed it,
opened Excel again and now the new file Excel created is only 11 kb.  Big
difference.  The E-mail icon is back.

Thanks for the help Ron.  Much appreciated.

Lynde

6/23/2005 2:50:08 PM
Hi Lynde

Thanks for the feedback

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Lynde" <Lynde@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6F4974D2-3F90-4138-83AA-D381793702DA@microsoft.com...
> The file size of my .xlb (Excel11.xlb in 2003) was 484 kb.  I renamed it,
> opened Excel again and now the new file Excel created is only 11 kb.  Big
> difference.  The E-mail icon is back.
>
> Thanks for the help Ron.  Much appreciated.
>
> Lynde
>

> "Ron de Bruin" wrote:
>
>> Hi Lynde
>>
>> Try to rename your .xlb file
>>
>> maybe you have a corrupt or bloated xlb file
>> *normal* size is < 30 kb.
>> The .xlb file has all Toolbar customization in it.
>>
>> Close Excel
>> Do a search for .xlb in windows
>> Rename the file you find (mine is named Excel10.xlb in 2002)
>> Start Excel
>>
>> Deleting the file or renaming will do no harm on your system
>> Excel will create a new one for you.
>> (You lost your customization remember that)
>>
>> If you make your own toolbars or add buttons to the others
>> This file is important (backup it so you can restore it)
>>

>> --
>> Regards Ron de Bruin
>> http://www.rondebruin.nl
>>

>> "Lynde" <Lynde@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CF29F7A2-B58D-4379-8266-3AC6C57489A6@microsoft.com...
>> > Per the instructions from the link on the page you provided, I checked the
>> > win.ini file.  It already has MAPIX=1 under the [Mail] section.
>> >

>> > Lynde

0
rondebruin (3789)

Send to Mail Recipient Responds very Slowly
Within Word when choosing Send to Mail Recipient the system is very slow. This also happens in Excel. If the user is in Outlook and attaches a Word or Excel document it is fast. Any ideas? ...

send to mail recipient as attachment
I have a few users that have started experiencing this problem where they click the send to mail recipient as attachment button in Excel 2003 (outlook 2003 and Windows XP) and it does nothing after entering an address and clicking send. They exit the email saying yes to save changes then that email shows up in their inbox with a blank sender. I tried to replicate on my system but of course mine works fine. Anyone seen this behavior? Thanks! Scott ...

"Send to mail recipient" not working in Outlook 2007 with windows
I am trying to insert/attach pictures by right clicking on the file and selecting "send to" then "mail recipient". After giving me the option of what size to decrease the images to (small, med, lg) and selecting my choice, nothing happens. It doens't matter if Outlook is open or not. Out look then freezes and if it is open, it is unable to close and does not respond. If it is closed, it does not open. I just started using Windows 7 and wondering if there is some kind of compatibility issue with Outlook 2007? Thanks for any help/suggestions you can pr...

Send To Mail Recipient issue
I have a user that when they print a report to the screen and then select "Send To" they are only able to "Mail Recipient (text)" the "Mail Recipient (pdf)" is greyed out. Outlook and the full version of Adobe Acrobat are installed. Where do I need to look to turn on the Send To PDF capabilities? Thanks Jeff, What version and service pack of GP? What version of Acrobat? Sometimes you need a GP service pack to make it work, sometimes you need to re-install Acrobat. Knowing which versions you're using will help us narrow it down for you. -- Victo...

Send to mail recipient
For some reason the "Send to mail recipient" is greyed out in my version of Word X in OS 10.3. (But it works fine in Excel.) Entourage is set as the default mail program & the office X folder is in the normal place in the applications folder. Any suggestions? Justin Vincent ...

Send to mail recipient
Hi everyone, I'm stumped by this one. In Excel 2002, if you choose File/Send To/Mail Recipient, it addresses an e-mail within Excel and sends the current sheet as part of the e-mail message rather than an attachment. (So far, so good). Then, if you continue working with the file and choose to send it to another mail recipient, the same "send to" box opens, but it's pre-addressed to the last recipient. I'm helping a co-worker set up a template, and we would prefer that the addressing fields show up blank each time she wants to send the active sheet. She specifically wa...

Send to mail recipient
When I right click on a file and go to send to, mail recipient, Windows Installer opens up and then it comes up "Either there is no defaul mail client, or the current mail client cannot fulfill the messaging request. Outlook is my default, I have checked all setting and I have tried reinstalling, etc. Any suggestions? I sure do need this feature. Thanks! Is Outlook open when you try this? Try it with Outlook open. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to ...

Send to mail recipient (as attachement) is greyed out
Hi, I can not use this option (greyed out). How do I turn it on? "Phan" wrote: > Hi, > > I can not use this option (greyed out). How do I turn it on? It should get "turned on" when you set up your default mail application. Do you have a mail client on your PC? Hi Phan See http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/problems.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Phan" <Phan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0D9AC5B5-32E0-4FB5-AEC4-F64BFBCE5119@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I can not use this option (greyed out...

Error when using Send to Mail recipient
Hi, I have office XP on a Windows xp pc. However, I have outlook 2003. I want to be able to send the body of an excel file through e-mail by selecting File => Send To => Mail Recipient. However, I am getting an error. It says "Excel could not start your e-mail program. Check your network connections. Make sure Office is installed correctly, your e-mail program is set up correctlly, and you can connect to your e-mail server." Outlook is working fine as is the connection to our ISP. I think this may be happening because outlook and excel are different versions. I ...

Send To Mail Recipient problem
I am having an issue with using the 'mail to pdf' option in some reports. The users with the problem are GP9 sp1 with Adobe std 8. They can run a service call report and use the email option fine but when they try to do the same with an invoice the window never pops up for the new email message. in the Customer Internet and email info...(same with vendor) you have to put the "mailto:" without the quotes in the email address eg: mailto:mycustomer@company.com Tami "Chris" wrote: > I am having an issue with using the 'mail to pdf' option in some r...

Send to mail recipient PDF error message
When I view a Screen Output of a report in GP 10, then click Send To and choose Mail Recipient PDF, a box comes up to choose an email profile which defaults to Outlook, I click OK and receive the following error: Unable to Start Printing, only option to click is OK. This is used in a Citrix environment, and on the citrix servers we have Adobe Acrobat 6.0 Standard, Adobe Distiller 6.0, and Adobe Reader 8. Has anyone seen this error message? Kristi, Can you convert documents manually out-side GP? if not then the issue is in your Acrobat installation that might need to be reinstalled. ...

Send to mail recipient on terminal server
I am having an issue with trying to get send to mail recipient (pdf) working on a terminal server. I also have clients accessing GP 9.0 from workstations on the network. These are working fine. Are there any solutions for enabling the send to pdf for users accessing GP via terminal services. Adobe or other products? Adobe Acrobat is the only product that will activate that option. Is Adobe Acrobat installed on the Terminal Server? -- Charles Allen, MVP "John Schrock" wrote: > I am having an issue with trying to get send to mail recipient (pdf) working > on a termina...

Word Send to Mail Recipient loses some images
I'm using Word (Office 03) to create a newsletter to be emailed monthly to number of people through File/Send to/Mail Recipient. I use Outlook for email, on a Win XP SP2 IE7 machine. First month worked fine (with only 2 images). This month, when I run the test (sending to myself), two of the images (pictures) go through but the other 3 don't. There isn't even placeholder or "x" or anything where picture used to be when it's received. And Outlook only shows 2 images as attachments in its info about the incoming message. Indeed, the "sent" version of the...

Send to Mail Recipient
I'm trying to use the "Send to Mail Recipient function with Excel, and keep getting the error, "Lotus Notes Mailman error, invalid clas string". For years, I'ved used this function for years with a company that use Outlook for it's email, but this is the first time I've tried wit Lotus Notes. I get the same error whether I use the button, or the File Send t function from the menu. Please advise, Microsoft Windows 2000 5.00.2195 SP3, Microsoft Excel 2000 9.0.4402 SR1 Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com > Have you received any possib...

Send to Mail Recipient (as attachment) Lags
Just recently my computer will lag for an extended period of time (15-30 seconds) when I send a worksheet to a recipient as an attachment. I have also noticed the response time is very slow when opening xls attachments from outlook or when copying worksheet. I am running Office 2003 Professional on an XP platform with Outlook as my e-mail program. All microsoft updates have been done and I've re-installed the program without any success. Any ideas as to why the program is having such a difficult time performing such a simply task?? Thank you, Jim ...

send to mail recipient
Is there a way to send a specific worksheet via email within the body of the email as in File | Send To | Mail Recipient. I can see how to send the whole workbook as an attachment and also send it as a routing recipient but can not see how send it to one mail recipient with VBA. I am using Excel and Outlook version 2002 -rick Hi Rick Look here http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm#body My Outlook SendMail Add in have this option also. http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm#Add-in -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Rick B" <rickbergeron@hotmail.com> wro...

Why is "send to mail recipient as attachment" greyed out in excel
I cannot send emails from excel because the send to mail recipient as an attachment is greyed out. Start with this Paul http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/problems.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "PAUL_C" <PAUL_C@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EE9C8660-496B-42AA-B5A4-9263900F2C94@microsoft.com... >I cannot send emails from excel because the send to mail recipient as an > attachment is greyed out. > ...

Outlook 2007 with Vista 32
I often send pictures or groups of pictures by right clicking them and choosing the send to mail recipient feature. This allows me to use the resize tool to suit the recipient. I am used to the message closing automatically once it has been sent. It has now stopped doing this and just sits there. If I go to the out or sent box I usually find that it has gone. How do I restore the function to close the message automatically once it has been sent to the outbox? Thanks for any tips. something is "broken" - try detect and repair (office diagnostics in office 2007). You should also ...

Send to mail recipient not working
I am unable to attach a photo to e-mail from Windows Explorer in Vista. I use MS Outlook as my default mail. For example, with a photo, I right-click, select "Send to....Email Recipient", select size, slect "Attach", it goes through "attaching" the files but then nothing happens. A mail window does not open. I have set all my defaults to Outlook yet still nothing happens and not quite sure what to do. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Shieler -- shieler ------------------------------------------------------------------------ shiele...

Send To Mail Recipient problem...
&#8216;Morning all,=20 I'm having a slight difficulty with the &#8220;Right-Click- Send-To-Mail-Recipient&#8221; feature of Windows XP Pro on a=20 workstation. Until recently, the user was able to right=20 click on any file (picture, document or what have you) and=20 the &#8220;Send To&#8221; menu came up with &#8220;Mail Recipient&#8221; = as one=20 of the valid choices. When he clicked this, the file was=20 automatically sent to Outlook 2000 and he was able to=20 choose from among his many Contacts, and send the file off=20 accordingly. About three wee...

Send to mail recipient #3
Dear All, I have a PC with 2 profiles. If i do right click/send to/mail recipient on a file using one of the profiles, i get Outlook 2003 (this is what i want). Using the other profile, when i do the same i get Outlook express. I've tried everything and yes, Outlook is the predefined mail client. What else can i try? Something in the registry? Many thanks! Guille -- Guillermo Brachetta Harpsichordist - Music Editor www.brachetta.com ...

Send to Mail Recipient #2
Hi, I'm trying to use the send to mail recipient option when clicking on a file. However, when it opens an outlook new email window, nothing happens when i click the send buttons. Any ideas why this is happening? I re-installed Office and it worked that day and didn't work again. ...

file send to mail recipient (as attachment) problem
Hi, every time i try to send an office document using the file - send to - mail recipient (as attachment) option, i am asked, i think by outlook express to setup a new email account. I already have an email account in outlook 2003, but it does not seem to be associating. I am using Vista. Thnx. Make sure you have Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 set as your default mail handler in Windows; Start-> Default Programs FYI: The account setup is probably coming from Windows Mail which is indeed the successor to Outlook Express in Windows Vista. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] ...

"Send To Mail Recipient" doesn't show up anymore
Using Excel 97. Recently, the option under the file menu for Send To Mail Recipient has disappeared. I tried putting a toolbar button on for this function but it is never active. I used to use this feature a lot, so I'm not sure why it is gone now. Any ideas? Thanks, Ed I solved it by uninstalling and then re-installing Outlook, which I don't use but I guess it needs to be there. Ed "Ed Kirstein" <ekirstein_atcatskill.net> wrote in message news:vktk1em9qfgv9a@corp.supernews.com... > Using Excel 97. Recently, the option under the file menu for Send To Ma...

Word
I have a user that is trying to send an attachment from Word by choosing File, Send To, Mail Recipient as Attachment. The Blank email screen with the attachment comes up and allows us to select users to email to, however when clicking the Send button nothing happens. Anyone ever see this? User has XP SP2 (firewall off) Microsoft Office 2002 I have the same problem with my machine also, But I have Office 2003 Ed Update We found out this was a Pop-Up blocker program causing this called AdsGone. On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 15:52:55 -0800, Ed <google2@yahoo.com> wrote: > >I have...