'Selection too large' message in Excel 2003

When I fill down or copy and paste formats only, I
continue to get a 'Selection too large' popup.  It's
happened on several different spreadsheets over a few
weeks, so it's not an isolated incident.

The PC I work from (a P4-2.8, 512MB RAM) was upgraded
recently, as was Excel 2003, and I don't remember this
being an issue using Excel 97 on a P4-2.4, 256MB system
which I had prior to the upgrade.

Also, we're running Windows 2000 on a Novell network.

My config.sys has the following lines which may have some
or no bearing on the problem:
Files=40
Buffers=40
Stacks=9,256
Device=C:\Dos\EMM386.exe noems

Is there a network buffer setting that could be limiting
this, too?

Thank you.
0
anonymous (74722)

Just a guess--I bet it's excel that's having trouble and there's nothing you can
do to fix it.

But maybe you could do less.  If you're doing lots of columns, do fewer.  If
you're pasting to lots of rows, paste to fewer rows (and then paste again and
paste again and....).

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

Run report on multi selected records.

Excel user name
A while ago there was a thread here asking about excel user names - cant find it now but id like to know how i can create a MSGBOX that ca use names - for example the macro reads the excel user name, vlookup short (nick) name, then gives a more personalised message. Can anyone help? Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi msgbox application.username -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "LB79 >" <<LB79.1axkrc@excelforum-nospam.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:LB79.1axkrc@excelforum-nospam.com... > A while ago there was a thread here askin...

E2k3 OWA
Users have begun reporting a problem - from OWA they cannot reveal the smtp address of messages they receive from other Exchange users that have their accounts hidden from the GAL. They are able to reply to the messages, but if you try to switch to a cc or bcc it fails. From other clients (Outlook, POP, IMAP) it works fine - they can see the SMTP address. Is there a solution to this, it's quite annoying? I suspect this has happened after the latest patches, but can't be certain. -GT I suspect this is happening because of the way OWA queries the GAL (other clients use LDA...

Can't select objects in Excel 2007

Outlook 2003 won't open
Tried to open outlook 2003 as usual, but it won't open - giving an error message that the folders are not accessible. I've tried installing updates, and rebooting. Do I need to uninstall and reinstall Outlook? PS: Other MS Office functions like Word etc are working fine. Folders not accessible means that your .PST file can't be opened. I would use the mail applet in the control panel to define a new .PST file, set this new .PST file as your default delivery location, and remove the old .PST file from the profile. Outlook should start at this time and give you ...

Excel Comments Indicators when viewed in IE
Hello I have two workbooks that have been published and viewed in Internet Explorer. Both work books have comments set in various cells. However the first one worked fine and when I view this in IE it shows as a small little red character allowing me to still see the contents of the cell. However on the second sheet all done in the same way when I view the comments in IE it shows as something similar to this [_] in purple. This unfortunatly covers up the contents of the cell. Anyone got any ideas why this is happening and how I can change it?? Thanks... Robin ...

Outlook not receiving a particular message
I am having a problem with my Exchange server receiving e-mails from the NCAA and not being able to see them in Outlook. I have tried 2 different e-mail addresses on my Exchange server and the users get the messages delivered to their BlackBerry devices, but they never show up in Outlook. I have tried everything I can think of in Outlook and still can't get the messages to appear. Any help will be greatly appreciated. This is a long shot but have you tried turning off the Junk E-mail filter? <cliff.mcmanus@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1138138436.405759.252750@g43g2000cwa.goog...

Excel Formula #10
Hi Sorry, this will seem really simple but I haven't used excel in about 10 years and have been trying to get this sorted for hours. Here goes: I have column C and D and need to get the sum of these two columns calculated and shown in column E. e.g C D E +200 200.00 -100 100.00 -20 80.00 +120 200.00 I have no real idea how to add a formula, apparently, as every way I tried did not work Please help me before I go insane. Thanks in advance One way: E1: =C1+D1 E2: =E1+C2+D...

Excel 2003 is missing Built-In Custom Chart Types in Chart Wizard
I recently uninstalled and reinstalled Office 2003 and now all the built-in custom charts are missing from Excel! When creating a chart using the Chart Wizard, under the Custom Types tab, there is supposed to be a list of built-in charts, when the Built-In radio button is selected. Now, there are none. Does anyone know how to restore those built-in charts? I have tried reinstalling, and that does not work. Also, I could not find an option related to this using "Modify" in Add/Remove Programs. I have Macros that use those charts, and I also need those charts for certain rep...

named excel lists
I'm somewhat of a newbie, so I may not be asking this question with the correct terminology. I'd like to define a name and attach it to the range of an "excel (2003) list". If I add a new row or column to the "excel list", then the range is suitable extended. How? Try Debra Dalgleish's nice coverage of Dynamic Ranges at: http://www.contextures.com/xlNames01.html#Dynamic Look for "Create a Dynamic Range" -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- Please respond, in newsgroup xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com ---- "hidden" <hidden123456@hotmail.com...

Outlook Error Message #6
Hi, Since I've installed Office 2003, I am experiencing error messages. I've uninstalled Office 2003 and re-installed and I am still getting the following error message. "Managed MAPI Service Catastrophic Failure", this error message which prevents me from opening and reading my email. Can anyone offer a resolution? Thanks, Jenae ...

how do I identify an unfamiliar symbol in an excel cell
The symbol underlined r has appeared in a cell but I cannot get rid of it Strange stuff in a cell might be some kind of picture or other object. Place the cursor on the "thing" and right-click. See if clear or delete shows up as an option. -- Gary''s Student "Yosef2" wrote: > The symbol underlined r has appeared in a cell but I cannot get rid of it is it a symbol or a broken link refference... check insert symbol -- MDOTJ I ----------------------------------------------------------------------- MDOTJR's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member...

Select contact then hangs

Can't Create New Message Outlook 2000
I have a Windows 98 computer running Office 2000 Small Business Edition. Yesterday, mysteriously, it began misbehaving. When clicking on "New" to create a new mail message, you get an hour glass and then a "not responding." When clicking on other shortcuts other weird things happen, i.e. when you click on Tasks it goes to Notes, when you click on Calendar it crashes, when you click on Contacts, it goes to calendar. We have uninstalled Office and gone through the KB article 252566 to manually remove leftover files, but when we reinstall, the same thing happens. ...

money 2004: Overdue message on bill and deposits view
Hi All, I searched the user group, but found nothing. I am hoping that someone may be able to help me resolve this issue. In the Bill and Deposits view, when a bill is overdue an annoying overdue message is displayed under the bill entry. Is there any way to shut that overdue message off? Thx, Paul Pay the bill? Beyond that, no. "Paul" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:025401c3bba4$0491f1d0$3101280a@phx.gbl... > I searched the user group, but found nothing. I am > hoping that someone may be able to help me resolve this > issue. ...

"Disk is full" error when opening Excel 2000.
I am getting a "disk is full" error when opening MS Excel on my laptop (not connected to any servers/LAN). I am running Windows 2000 and my Excel version is 2000 as well. Additionally I can not open MS Word or Adobe Acrobat either as these applications are giving errors that it can not find the file. Have others experienced this and if so, do you know of a solution for fixing it? ...

Selecting rows from various sheets

select text in Calendar

Excel 2000
I used to have this option by right clicking and selecting split. However i don't have it now. I had it on WIN2000 and now I have XP proffesional Hi not possible in Excel -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Roy S" <Roy S@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:BE9E61EA-466E-4391-8400-5967977E9325@microsoft.com... > I used to have this option by right clicking and selecting split. However i > don't have it now. I had it on WIN2000 and now I have XP proffesional I bet you're thinking about a table in MSWord???? Roy S wrote: > &g...

How do I change the elements displayed in the message list
How do I change the elements displayed in the message list. For example, to list "To" or "From" edit the view - to change just one folder, click on the row of field names and choose custom. To make all folders the same see http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/grouping.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips...

Error during sending and no new messages, Outlook 97
I use a Internet E-mail with an adress with yahoo. When I try to send an email I have the next message : The TCP/IP connection was unexpectedly terminated by your mail server. If the problem persists, contact your LAN Administrator or Internet Provider. I don't what to do because right now I used without trouble Outlook Express, whithout such problem. Besides I can not receive any email. Thanks ...

Masks in Excel
I would like to create a mask of some sort in Excel. Suppose I have written in one cell "10seconds" and I would like to use the value 10 from this cell in a formula in a different cell. Is there any way I could mask out the "seconds" in order to just use the numeric value? Any help would be great... Thanks! If you were to have a space between the number and the text then you could use: =--LEFT(A1,FIND(" ",A1)) to extact the number. You can then use it is a calculation like: ==--LEFT(A1,FIND(" ",A1))*B1 -- HTH Sandy In Perth, the ancient...