#Ref! in cells of row linked to deleted row

Does one just delete the row? Why wasn't it just deleted like the row i
the database since it was linked to it?

Thanks,
Trud

--
lburg80
lburg801's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2833

How to lock cell and worksheet?
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to lock cell and worksheet? With a worksheet, it contains only a chart, and I would like to lock all cells and this worksheet, so nothing can be added into any cell and fix the position for this chart. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance for any suggestions Eric To lock all the cells in a Worksheet in EXCEL 2007 take the following action:- 1. Hit Ctrl-1 to launch Format Cells. 2. Protection tab. 3. Remove the green tick from the box called:- Locked - then hit OK. 4. Highlight all the cells in your Worksheet...

Stop email links from taking over open windows
This has been a frustration for me for years. How do you stop web links in emails from taking over open MS Explorer windows in Outlook 2000. I always have several windows open doing several things, (sometimes important) I can't click on email links from Outlook because it always takes over a open window rather than open a new one. Is there a way to change the preference to open links in a new window. My inbox fills up because I a reluctant to check email link news letters because it will take over a window I have open doing something else. Somebody please help!!!!!!!! Depen...

Cell Value on Toolbar
Is it possible to show the value of a cell on a custom toolbar. Cell location will not change, but cell content will. -- HilcrRWise ------------------------------------------------------------------------ HilcrRWise's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=11699 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=494807 One way Option Explicit Const WS_RANGE As String = "B10" Private Sub Worksheet_Activate() Dim oCtl As CommandBarControl On Error Resume Next Set oCtl = Application.CommandBars.FindControl(Tag:=&qu...

#Ref! in cells of row linked to deleted row
Does one just delete the row? Why wasn't it just deleted like the row i the database since it was linked to it? Thanks, Trud -- lburg80 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- lburg801's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2833 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=48026 ...

How do delete Hidden Macros and excel links
Hi, I was wondering if anybody knew of an add-in that would delete hidden macros or excel links. I remember there being one but forgot where to download it for free. Thanks. Hi LT! To remove all code from a workbook: Chip Pearson: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/vbe.htm You need to look for the heading: "Deleting All VBA Code In A Project " To remove links you can use freely downloadable Addin FindLink from: Steve Bullen hosted: http://www.bmsltd.ie/DLCount/DLCount.asp?file=FindLink.zip -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au Excel...

Square cells in Excel
How can I make the ceels in Excel exactly square? There seems to be no fixed relationship between column width and row height. I find a 1:6 relationship coming close, but others state it must be 1:5,29. Is there a formula, setting, or font size dependent relationship to be used? I use the default 12.75 Row Height and a 1.71 Column Width......... Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "TH6" <TH6@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E50E57FE-5E2E-4C30-BAB7-8F3282B8EC5F@microsoft.com... > How can I make the ceels in Excel exactly square? There seems to be no fixed &g...

Turn Off Updating of Ref Fields in Word 2007
I have a document that someone used Ref fields to link to bookmarked figures and hyperlinked them to the paragragh thus inserting a copy of the figure everywhere they inserted the field. I unlinked the extra graphics from the paragraph but not from the actual text e.g. "Figure VII 2-2." Now the document has updated all of the fields and reinserted the figures back in. If it was one or two no big deal but we are talking about probably 75-100 extra graphics being inserted into the document. I need to turn off the Auto Updating of Fields on Save or whenever the heck i...

Linking worksheets and the formula shows up instead of the answer
I am linking between two sheets and the link formula is showing up instead the answer. It could be a few things... #1. The cell is formatted as text. Format|cells|General (or some number variation--just not Text) then hit F2 followed by enter to re-enter the formula #2. You're looking at formulas Tools|options|View tab\ Make sure Formulas isn't checked #3. Maybe a mistake in your formula. Make sure that there is no space before the initial = (equal sign) BalancedSolutions wrote: > > I am linking between two sheets and the link formula is showi...

counting cells with two criteria
Ive got a spreadsheet that I need to find the number of cells in column G that fit between two different criteria. The criteria are two numbers that may change in cell a2 and a3. So that if i change a2 or a3 i will get a new number in the cell with this formula. I dont need the numbers summed. Just the number of times the numbers fit. Thanks in advance. Chad Try the following formula =SUMPRODUCT(--(G1:G100>=A2),--(G1:G100<=A3)) -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "USChad" <USChad@discussions.mi...

Excel change SUM references if you cut & paste the first cell in SUM...
Hi, A problem came from a user today. Set up: IN A1: " =SUM(A2:A6) " and in A8: " =SUM(A9:A13) " and fill in some figures in A9:A13. Cut A10 and paste it to A4. everything is ok. If I cut A9 you get "Circular Reference error, because the formula in A8 has changed to: " =SUM(A4:A13) " and the old SUM it still there in A8. Why? Should it be that way, and what is the purpose? Any workarounds? /Kind regards I think the developers had to make a decision. The one that they came up with was if you cut a cell out of the middle of a range, then trust the us...

making switchboards and linking buttons in excel
i want to make a menue or a switchboard in excell to link different worksheets with it and to reach the worksheet i need easily. like main menue. thanx. so what is it that you don't know how to do? You gotta be more specific ...

Forms Option control cell
How can I control the value of one cell (A15) based on which option was selected in an optionbox on a form? Thanks, You can use the Click event of each OptionButton, like the following: Private Sub OptionButton1_Click() If OptionButton1.Value Then Range("A15").Value = 1 End If End Sub Private Sub OptionButton2_Click() If OptionButton2.Value Then Range("A15").Value = 2 End If End Sub Private Sub OptionButton3_Click() If OptionButton3.Value Then Range("A15").Value = 3 End If End Sub Or, in a separate procedure S...

Test that can be deleted
This is a test to see if my suggestion will be posted - it can be deleted ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=07b1bacc-e28d-4886-ad45-7c1582d46ba6&dg=microso...

Need help pulling data from cells in different workbooks
Hi, let me try and explain this the best I can: say i have a workbook with 2 pages, on the first sheet, in cells C27 C47, C67 and C87 on the Sheet2, I want to make a list. in that list contains data fro cells C27, C47, C67 and C87 from Sheet1 . on sheet2, the list wil look like: List ='Sheet1!C27 ='Sheet1!C47 ='Sheet1!C67 ='Sheet1!C87 Is there any easy way to pull that data without doing each lin individually. I know i can put in the = and pick the cell on the othe sheet, but I have 100's of cells I need to get data from. If i try an copy paste each line, it does...

Macro to switch to another sheet, grab ref to any cell, paste ref in current sheet??
I am looking for a way (either macro or VBA) to perform one simple task: while in *any cell* of your choice in the current worksheet, switch to another specific sheet, choose *any* cell, grab a reference to that cell (not its value), switch back to the first worksheet and slap in the reference of the cell in the other sheet. This would be the automated equivalent of doing the following manually: 1) Select *any cell* (say *F11*) in the current sheet (Call it "*Destination*"). 2) Press "=" (no "ENTER") 3) Click the tab for the other sheet (call it "*Source*&...

Linking problem
Hi, when i try to compile my project i get the following error: LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file "dsprop.lib" Where is this file? What should i do? Regards Emmanuel Emmanuel, > LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file "dsprop.lib" > > Where is this file? What should i do? You need to update your platform sdk. http://www.microsoft.com/msdownload/platformsdk/setuplauncher.asp -- Regards, Kobi Ben Tzvi "Emmanuel" <e951753@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:090101c37874$9fcc1f40$a301280a@phx.gbl... > > Hi, >...

Deleting Check Boxes
I have a series of 52 check boxes in 52 Rows, I now want to delete all of them. I've tried deleting the column, but the check boxes don't actually disappear. How do I delete them all without having to go into each one and deleting them. I've tried Edit-Go To-Special-Objects, but I've other Check boxes in the same sheet which I don't want to delete. Also how can I uncheck all 52 check boxes (that have ticks in them) in one procedure Thanks Hi John, If by 'procedure' you mean VBA, then to untick the check boxes, try: '=============>> Sub Untic...

Labelling a range of cells
How can I assign a "label" to a range of cells? Using EDIT/REPLACE, I'd enter a particular value in the "Find What" box and enter the "label" in the "Replace With" box. (By doing this, the range of cells would then be pasted in the appropriate cells). gary Labels don't work that way. See Help Answer Wizard under "label ranges"(no quotes) See also my answer to your other posting about "labels" Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Thu, 8 Jul 2004 14:12:45 -0700, "gary" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote...

Surface charts with empty cells
Is there a way to have a surface chart, in 3D or 2D, interpolate empty cells. I've tried the interpolate macro with no success, as all interpolation functions I've found so far seem to only work on a single series at once. Maybe you are having a hard time finding any interpolation routines for > 1D because there aren't that many available. Also, before you start using the suggestion below, do remember that an XL surface chart is actually based on 'category' axes, and the x- and y-axes are not true numeric scales. For a crude function that uses straight-line / f...

linked chart within a file
I have a worksheet with data and several charts. I'd like to have an additional worksheet with copies of those charts that are linked and updated whenever the charts on the first worksheet are. I think this will make it easier for me to make the acrobat files I want. I can't seem to 'paste special' and don't have any other ideas. Any advice appreciated! david You could copy the chart and paste it onto another worksheet. Or you could select a little bit of the range surrounding the chart (include the chart). Then go to the other sheet and Edit|Paste picture link ...

Finding a string in Excel cells
Not sure if this is an Excel problem or a general Microsoft products "feature", but here goes:- I've inherited a HUGE spreadsheet with 6 figures of cells in total(!) and I'm told that some have been highlighted for query or error with "???" in the cell (in addition to other text in that cell). Trouble is, as soon as I do "find" with the "?" character, it seems to ignore it, as if ? is some reserved character. Does anyone have any idea how I can get round this? Ta! The ? character is used as a wild card character (any single character). ...

Delete a link from an Excel worksheet
I created a copy of a worksheet in a new workbook (right- click on the worksheet name/Copy or Move/Create a copy). I never really wanted it linked to the source file but it is. Now, when I open the new workbook, I'm asked if I want the cells updated. I tried the Links... command in the Edit menu but it does not offer the option to delete the link. What else can I do? I work with Excel 2000 (French version). Thank you in advance. Try Bill Manville's free addin, FindLink.zip. It will help in finding and removing unwanted links. http://www.bmsltd.co.uk/MVP/MVPPage.asp#BillManvil...

Avoiding Cells
Hi all, I've got a report spreadsheet, that shows the status of around 30 projects as either "Red", "Amber" or "Green". In another worksheet of the report I want to display all the projects that are displayed as "Red". Now, I know that I could have a column that looks at a specific cell with the project status in and displays it if is says "Red": =IF(A2="Red",A2,"") However, this would also mean that where the projects aren't "Red", there would be gaps in the table. Is there a formula I can use that ...

cell border in excel
How do I restore the normal grey cell border that appears when one opens a new worksheet? Go to "Tools", then "Options", under the view tab click on "Gridlines" then ok. TC "MickeyJim" wrote: > How do I restore the normal grey cell border that appears when one opens a > new worksheet? Try this. on the menu bar click... Tools>options>view tab. make sure the grid lines is checked. "MickeyJim" wrote: > How do I restore the normal grey cell border that appears when one opens a > new worksheet? ...

"autofit row ht" in merged cells
It seems like I cant have a cell set to "autofit row ht" and merged cells, which is very frustrating. Basically I would like to have a lot of text in one large cells, and have the ht automatically adjust. It really seems like this should be possible. Thanks! There are many things that don't work with merged cells. See the archives of this newsgroup for reasons not to use merged cells. -- David Biddulph "amy jo" <amy jo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3EEB8845-7101-4B01-8EB3-6B7046657066@microsoft.com... > It seems like I...