"No more new fonts" error message

I have a 444 KB xls with 38 sheets. I keep getting a "No
more new fonts may be applied in this workbook" whenever I
add another sheet and attempt to modify it. Any ideas?

Thanks

TS
0
anonymous (74719)

See this KB article

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;215573
XL2000: Error Copying Worksheets Containing Charts

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
(Win XP Pro SP-1  XL2002 SP-2)

"TS" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:01a701c3a487$31d92340$a101280a@phx.gbl...
> I have a 444 KB xls with 38 sheets. I keep getting a "No
> more new fonts may be applied in this workbook" whenever I
> add another sheet and attempt to modify it. Any ideas?
>
> Thanks
>
> TS

0
rondebruin (3789)

no more new fonts
Hi all One of my colleagues has a workbook with 110 charts in it, he has made some mofications and updated ranges etc and now receives the error 'no more new fonts can be added to this workbook'. I have found a kb article on this - Q215573 and performed all workarounds as detailed but the problem persists. It appears that it will not let me remove the Autoscale option. I have tried removing it manually and using the code to remove from all charts in workbook to no avail. It states 110 charts have been amended but when you look at the format font tab again the Autoscale option i...

No more new fonts can be applied to this workbook? Copying chart
I have this ongoing spreadsheet with many worksheets. I normally copy and paste a chart and simply change the source data. I keep getting this error when trying to paste that "no more new fonts can be applied to this workbook" and it won't paste. Is there anything I can do to fix this? This page explains how you can put off that error until you have many more charts: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/FixFonts.html The problem is that a chart with autoscaling fonts uses twice the font resources on a chart with static font sizes. (Also I suspect the limitations a...

! Message: No more new fonts
I get a message window stating: No more new fonts can be added to this workbook. My workbook only has one font TimesNR, and has one word art graphic? Does the worksheet contains charts? If so, this might help: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;215573 "Chuck Haynes" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0bf301c3b34c$bf9e60e0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I get a message window stating: No more new fonts can be > added to this workbook. > My workbook only has one font TimesNR, and has one word > art graphic? That worke...

Excel no more new fonts
I'm getting the message "no more new fonts may be applied to this workbook". How can I get around this? Thanks. Tuan, Any chance that you have a lot of charts in the workbook? There's a limit of 256 fonts in a workbook and each chart uses up two of them. Check here for more info. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-ca;168650 John "Tuan Ma" <tma@conocophillips.com> wrote in message news:0e5201c365f4$c036d370$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I'm getting the message "no more new fonts may be applied > to this workbook". How can...

what does "no more new fonts may be added to this workbook" mean?
I get this message dialog box when I try to change the source data in an excel file chart. However, I don't undertand why it occrus. My intention is not to add any "font" data but just to change the source data reference of the chart. does anyone know WTF is up here?! http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/FixFonts.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "NaridaRovi" <NaridaRovi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0B50E2E3-A661-4FA1-B604-3...

No more new fonts may be applied in this workbook
Hi, I was getting this message when I was copying or changing charts in my workbook. After inserting the macro as outlined on this discussion board with the same thread name, the error stopped (THANKS!). BUT now I am trying to change part of the font colour inside a (merged) text box and am getting the same error "No more new fonts may be applied in this workbook". Any hints as to how I can continue to change the font colour inside of a cell? Bold, Italic etc. seems to work but colour changes don't. Thanks, Ronnie. Ronnie, I have been seeing this problem a lot over the...

no more new fonts can be applied to this workbook
Hi, Can anyone help with the above message. A spreadsheet is coming up with it in an alert msgbox. If i remove the the footer from print setup it solves the problem. Any ideas ? Thanks for any help, Steve Hi have a look at this thread: http://tinyurl.com/6hsyc Also see: XL2000: Error Copying Worksheets Containing Charts http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en-us;q215573 and XL97: How to Turn Off Automatic Font Scaling in All Charts http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en-us;q292263 -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Steve Lloyd wrote: > Hi, ...

"No more new fonts may be applied to this Workbook" message
When trying to copy graphs to a new worksheet within the same workbook I am getting the following message "No more new fonts may be applied to this Workbook". It then won't allow me to change the font size on the graph labels. Any idea what this is and how to correct? Thanks. See this KB http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;215573 XL2000: Error Copying Worksheets Containing Charts -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2) www.rondebruin.nl "j" <jcamp@citizensbankwv.com> wrote in message news:043f01c37c99$7ba928f0$a40128...

"No more new fonts may be applied to this workbook"
I have an annoying problem that apparently has to do with the number of charts in my workbook. I am using Excel 2002 SP-1. I have a workbook that consists of 7 worksheets and is only 589 KB but I have a large number of charts. As I developed this workbook and the number of charts started to increase I started to get the error message, "No more new fonts may be applied to this workbook" even though I was not adding any new fonts. This usually happened when I tried to change the chart title. I would just click through several of these messages and everything would be OK. Now I cannot...

no more new fonts in Linked excel graphs
I have 2 workbooks. The first workbook pulls data from an Access database. The second work book is a summery workbook full of graphs. The graph are pulled from the first workbook. I have a number of links also in the second workbook that are linked t the first workbook. I am using Windows XP, Office XP. The message I am getting i .*_\"no_more_new_fonts_may_be_applied_in_this_workbook\"*_. I need help in fixing this problem and understanding why this ha happened -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Jrluck, SYMPTOMS When you copy a worksheet with embedded chart...

No more new fonts may be applied in this workshop.
I want to print my excell document but this word appear "No more new fonts may be applied in this workshop". What must I do? Have a look at http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=215573 "ndzul01" wrote: > I want to print my excell document but this word appear "No more new fonts > may be applied in this workshop". What must I do? ...

No more new fonts may be applied in this workbook??
I Created a spreadsheet with over 200 Worksheets inside and I wrote a macro that basically formats each worksheet after I'm done put all the info that I need (text, number, and graphs) I'm like half way through and I an error telling me "No More New Fonts May Be Applied in this Workbook" is there a way to ignore this message cause it's cause my macro to stop and debug... -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/excel-new/200701/1 See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/215573 -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps f...

Why do I get "No more new fonts may be applied in this workbook"?
I'm using Excel 2002 in MS Office XP Pro and I'm trying to edit the source data of a chart I've been using for a couple years. I'm not trying to add any fonts, just edit the cells referenced by a chart. I have begun getting this annoying message. Anyone have a clue why and what to do about it? Jon Peltier has information on this problem in his Charting FAQ article: http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=209#jon025 Bart wrote: > I'm using Excel 2002 in MS Office XP Pro and I'm trying to edit the source > data of a chart I've b...

No more new fonts maybe applied in this workbook
I am receiving this message when trying to paste data into an empty worksheet. The workbook has several tabs with 2-3 charts on each tab. I followed the Microsoft KB article http://support.microsoft.com/kb/215573 but have had no luck. I have also read this KB --> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;313275&Product=xlw2K but there is no way he is reachine the memory limits the file is only 2-3mb. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you, Brian ...

No more new fonts may be applied in this workbook
Basically does anyone know why the above error message occurs and if so how to resolve it, thanks Nagazaki Have a look at these KB articles. XL2000: Error Copying Worksheets Containing Charts http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en-us;q215573 XL97: How to Turn Off Automatic Font Scaling in All Charts http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en-us;q292263 Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 23 Feb 2004 05:23:50 -0800, "Nagazaki" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Basically does anyone know why the above error message >occurs and if so ...

Error Message
Hi all, I have a question relating to a problem I have started to experience. I have a workbook with 66 sheets (representing x sheets per month - nothing complicated some graphs and data) To grow the workbook into a full 12 months worth of data I usually copy the previous months sheets then adjust the data accordingly. Ive got to November and then copy the sheets to create December. But when I try to change the source data on Decembers sheets I get the error "no more fonts may be added to this workbook" and Im unable to change any data. Very annoying as Its the final sheet...

Error message: No more new fonts may be applied in this workbook
Can someone explain this error to me? I typically see it when trying to create or copy graphs and/or when attempting to adjust the source data for a graph. Thanks! Look at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/215573/en-us best wishes -- Bernard Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove CAPS in email address "dpj1968" <dpj1968@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9B646120-6CFB-4407-9801-EA6238420DD1@microsoft.com... > Can someone explain this error to me? I typically see it when trying to > create or copy graphs and/or when attempting to adjust the sourc...

Error message: No more new fonts may be applied in this workbook.
I have Excel 2002 (XP), SP-2. While I was copying and pasting existing columns with data and charts into new blank columns in the same workbook, I received this Excel pop-up message: "No more new fonts may be applied in this workbook." My copying and pasting was all within the same workbook, so I don't think I was bringing any new fonts into this file. Has anyone seen this message? Can anyone help me figure this out? Thanks!! Kelly "Kelly" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:d17201c3ee9e $e7959810$a501280a@phx.gbl: > I have Excel 2002...

No More New Fonts May Be Applied To This Work Book
Hi I run Excel 2003 under WinXP I have inherited a number of spreadsheets from another person. One of these sheets keeps putting an error up that says "No More New Fonts May Be Applied To This Work Book" I have to cancel the error a number of times before I can work on the sheet. Also if I try to add somthing to the header/footer I get the same message which I cannot clear unless I shut down the header/footer dialog box, whish means I cant add anything to the header/footer. Has anyone got any idea why I am getting this error? I have tried the file on other computers but I ...

"No more new fonts may be..."
Error message: "No more new fonts may be applied in this workbook" I've seen this message before and know I've read what causes this, but don't remember. Can someone PLEASE tell me how to get rid of this? I have to hit "OK" button about 10 times to get it to go away and this message comes up every time I try to change a graph reference, which is almost a constant thing at this point. Thanks in advance for any help... Rita Palazzi Senior Engineer / GTS Int'l MIS FedEx Express Hi see: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;215573&...

No more new fonts may be applied to this workbook
Hello, I have an Excel Workbook with 6 worksheet containing a variety of charts linked to data sources in different workbooks. I receive the error message "No more new fonts may be applied to this workbook" when any font changes are attemped in the charts. I have tried the suggestion on the MS knowledge base (uncheck autoscale selection) with no success. I only receive the same error message. I am running Excel 2002. Any suggestions? Thanks for any help provided :-) Could you get by with fewer charts? Split them over multiple workbooks, perhaps, or use dynamic charts ...

No more new fonts may be applied to this workbook #2
I have Excel 2003 (11.6113.5703) running on windows XP. I have loaded the latest update from the web. When I try to change the font size of text in the axis or label of a chart, a message shows "No more new fonts may be applied to this workbook." When I do a print preview of the charts, the same message shows up and then the print previews would be displayed. I'd appreciate if you can tell me the fix. Jon Peltier has some information on this in his Charting FAQ article: http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=209#jon025 and at his web site (use th...

"no more new fonts"
I am working in an excel office 2002 workbook, approx 3.5M in size. I have about 15 tabs each with a large table (approx 200 rows by 20-30 columns). On a single worksheet, I have about 45 excel graphs based on these tables. When I click on a graph to edit it, I get a pop up window "No more new fonts may be applied to this workbook". This pop up occurs 5-6 times in a row before I can edit the graph, and another 3-4 times after making a simple edit. BTW, I am not trying to add or change any fonts, only updating the data range for the graphs. What causes this - do I have too many...

Error message: " no more new fonts may be applied to this workbook
I am getting the above message while creating a large number of charts in a workbook. What does it mean? If I "OK" through them I am allowed to complete my task. Hi see: "No more new fonts may be added" http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;215573 -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Mike Bowman wrote: > I am getting the above message while creating a large number of > charts in a workbook. What does it mean? If I "OK" through them I > am allowed to complete my task. ...

excel error "no more new fonts..."
Using Excel 2002. Pretty large sheet with about 60 tables. refuses to copy and paste a table. Getting error message "no more new fonts may be added to this workbook" cannot find anything anywhere on this error. ...