#Name problem

While retriving data from a plugin. Instead of calculated values #Name
appears in all cells.
Thanks for the help

Add-in? If the function is not available, it returns the #NAME? error ...Make
sure you have installed and load the add-in and also you have spelled the
function correctly.

--
Jacob (MVP - Excel)

"Senthil Ganesh" wrote:

> While retriving data from a plugin. Instead of calculated values #Name
> appears in all cells.
> Thanks for the help

NDR/DSN and LDAP distribution lists problem
Hi all, I have a small problem with NDRs here. I will give a quick example of my problem. Currently when sending to a DL here the DL is a contact in the exchange GAL, once sent this queries a LDAP server and returns the list of addresses to send to, and off it gos. Here is an example of a delivery reciept: ------------------------------------------------- Your message To: distrib.one (Distribution List) Subject: Test Message - Please Ignore Sent: 3/3/2005 10:44 AM was delivered to the following recipient(s): distrib.one (Distribution List) on 3/3/2005 10:44 AM ...

Chart Names
Hi everyone, I'm sorry if this is an easy one but I just can't figure it out. I have a worksheet with 3 charts on it. I need to write some VBA to select each chart in turn and change its axis settings. So I figured the first thing to do is to name the charts so that I can select them properly in the VBA. But how do I name a chart??? If I select the chart I get "Chart Area" in the name box and I can't edit it. Many thanks for any help, Tony M As answered in .programming -- Hold the Ctrl key and click on the chart to select it. Click in the Name Box, type a new ...

Naming a range
I have a such macro : Private Sub Macro1(arkusz As Worksheet) arkusz.Range(arkusz.PageSetup.PrintArea).Copy Sheets("Sheet1").Select Range("A" & Trim(Str(zLastRow))).Select Arkusz50.Paste Application.CutCopyMode = False ActiveWorkbook.Names.Add Name:="A1", RefersToR1C1:=Selection zLastRow = zLastRow + arkusz.Range(arkusz.PageSetup.PrintArea).Rows.Count Range("A" & Trim(Str(zLastRow))).Select ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.HPageBreaks.Add Before:=ActiveCell End Sub However the above macro doesnt work (this part: ActiveWorkbook.Names.Add Name:=&quo...

Problem with multiple users opening a worksheet
We occassionally have problems with multiple users being able to ope the same worksheet and edit it at the same time. The worksheet is no set to be shared, and normally notifies the second person that it i already open and that they will have read-only access. I am not to sure where to proceed with this. My thoughts are that it could be corrupt workbook, or perhaps network connectivity problems. They ar using the same version of Excel (2002), but one is on Windows 2000 Pr and the other is on Windows XP Pro. The document is stored on Windows 2000 server. Any ideas -- Message posted fro...

Imap synchronization problems with sent items
Hi, I am using Microsoft Outlook 2002. I have an Imap account. When I send a message it automatically puts it in the sent items in the local outlook account instead of the imap account. Is there a way to automatically put the messages you send in the imap account "Sent" folder? Thanks :D use this method: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=198852 (regardless of version). I recommend leaving sent option to save sent items in the sent folder enabled and delete them later. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003...

Name Assignment
I need to assign a staff memeber to a group of clients Staff Names Clients Milk Shoe A-F Form Code G-L John DOe M-P The table that contains the client information CREATE TABLE [dbo].[FD__CLIENTS]( [OP__DOCID] [int] NOT NULL, [Fullname] [varchar](68) NULL, [NameF] [varchar](20) NULL, [NameL] [varchar](20) NULL, [NameMI] [varchar](20) NULL CONSTRAINT [PK_FD__CLIENTS] PRIMARY KEY CLUSTERED There is a staff table but there is nothing that ties it to the clients table. So the staf names will have to be hardcoded. Any ideas? On...

Outlookl attachment problem
I have a pc that has the following specifications and is receiving this error message when trying to save an attachment. Outlook cannot save the URL to a file. Can't find this file. Make sure the path and file name are correct. The PC is Windows XP SP1 Outlook 2000 SP3 Microsoft has a fix according to the following page. I was just wondering if anyone knew what this is rather than trying to contact them. Here is the page. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en- us;810646&Product=out2K Your assistance is appreciated You'll need to contact Microsoft to obtain...

How do I remove the sheet name from a named formula?
I would like to use the same name to refer to the same set of cells on different worksheets: SheetTitle=$A$1 but when I try this it reverts to SheetTitle=Sheet1!$A$1 Any ideas how to do it? I could use =IF(,,,) if I knew how to look up the currently active sheet; =IF(SheetName="Sheet1",TRUE,FALSE) Any ideas how to reference the name of the sheet? Well, you could do something like this: SheetTitle=!$A$1 The exclamation point means that the Name will refer to A1 on the active worksheet. Excel uses the SheetName to tell things apart. If I try to give to different A1'...

Auto populate Email when Name is chosen
I have a list of names which i present in a combo box on the userform. I have an email textbox. I want the email to be auto-populated based on the name chosed. May I ask your help with this? Hi Jerry, Only the first procedure is really relevant in this post the others are to show how you may want to call it but, that entirely depends on your needs. Private sub BuildAndSend has 4 required parameters “ToWhom”, “Subject”,”Body”, and “Send”. Pass the appropriate values to the procedure and it will send or display an email to the user to send. HTH. Private Sub BuildAndSend( _ ...

Inventory value problem
How do I display the current value of my inventory? The balance sheet only gives one word, "Assets". For tax purposes I need to know the inventory value as a separate item. the Help file doesn't say anything about where to find inventory values. Bob ...

Wizard problem
When I doubleclick on a brochure in the wizard, it initially says "Changing your publication." It get to either 16% or 32% (depending on the brochure), barely flashes the brochure then goes to a blank page with the error message, "Publisher cannot complete the operation." I have the Windows XP Pro operating system. I've been to the Microsoft site and downloaded all updates available. Any ideas? Connie, Can you post back with the version of Publisher you are using? As well as your Windows version. Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.kvalheim.o...

Problems with OWA 2003
Hi all, perhaps someone can help me here. Our users publish information on Public Folders directly from Office Apps using "File/Send to/Exchange Folder..." option on the menu. This saves the ..doc or .xls file directly on the public folder and not as an attachment (as might happen when you use "Post" from Outlook and attach your file). The problem comes when someone tries to download the file via OWA, the error "403 Forbidden" appears on the screen. If I "Post" a file as an attachment. I can download it without any trouble. Any help will be appreciat...

Custom entity with same display name as out of the box?
I tried to create a new entity "new_InvoiceDDI" with a display name of "Invoice" and it won't allow the display name to be the same as a "out of the box" entity. Why is this? Anyone know a way around it? CRM 4.0 Mark Hi Mark, There's no way around it except renaming the existing invoice entity to something else. One obvious reason is the Outlook Client. It uses the display names to show folders, but folders needs to have a unique name. The web client uses the display names as well, so how can a user differentiate between two entities having the...

recurring date problem from import
I've imported a database that has names, address, birthdates and anniversary dates and added it to my current database. All of the imported fields were mapped properly and show up in the proper field. My problem is that even though the birthdate and anniversary fields are populated, they do not show up on my calendars for recurring dates. If I go to that field and manually retype the existing info and save it, it then works fine. I would have hundreds of contacts to do this to. Is anybody aware of a script or setting I could use to fix this? ...

Populate combobox with folder names
I had found this code to show folder names that displays in a msgbox, is it possible to get the list of folder names into a combobox? --------------------------------------- Sub ListFolders() Dim fs, f, f1, fc, s Dim folderspec folderspec = "C:\Excel\" Set fs = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject") Set f = fs.GetFolder(folderspec) Set fc = f.SubFolders For Each f1 In fc s = s & f1.Name s = s & vbCrLf Next MsgBox s End Sub ---------------------------------------- This is for exc...

Instance name must be the same name as the computer name ...
I've seen many posts about this installation issue and ran across it myself during an install on an existing SBS server. When running Select @@servername I received a null answer. I looked in the sysservers table in the master database and found that there was no '0' server listed as I've seen on all other installs of SQL. I took a chance and changed the value to 0, restarted SQL and ran the @@servername and it now came back as the name of the server as expected and I was able to install CRM with no problems. Long term I don't know if this will cause issues with ...

Change the name of an employee class
Is there a way in the SQL table to change the name of employee classes? Patti, Where did you want to change them (cards, trx, history, etc). There are several tables involved. Would it be possible to make new classes starting with the class you want to duplicate as a default. Please let us know what you are trying to accomplish by changing classes. Kind regards, Leslie "Patti Anderson" wrote: > Is there a way in the SQL table to change the name of employee classes? Our naming convention has changed, and requires changing the names of all employee classes...

Problems with the User with MS CRM 1.2
Hi all. Here's my problem. We've decided to evaluate Microsoft CRM 1.2 (Spanish) so I tried to install the product in a standalone machine. This is what I did: + Installed Windows 2003 Server and configured + Installed Support Tools + Configured DNS, Active Directory. Now, the server maps: mscrm.adventure-works.com + Installed some useful tools like: Office 2003, Acrobat Reader, EditPlus, WinZip, WinRAR and Google Toolbar + Upgraded the server to be a Domain Controller and finished to configure the DNS service. + NETDIAG and DCDIAG show: "Everything Ok". + Installed IIS an...

Named Reference
Hi, Can someone tell me what the pros and cons are (if any) of these 2 ways of naming a range. ActiveWorkbook.Names.Add NAME:="HOME", RefersTo:=ActiveCell Range("HOME").Select or Dim HOME As Range Set HOME = ActiveCell HOME.Select Thanks, DaveU It seems to me that the first method creates a named range that is essentially meaningless to the user and is only used for VBA processing. Additionally, if you don't write code to delete the named range it will just sit there in the workbook waiting for somebody to ask what it means. The second alternative is a clea...

Paste Problem
Until this morning I could copy cells with a formula containing a cell reference and the cell reference would automatically be updated. Now, the data and not the formula is copied and appears in the formula window.. For Example, A2 = C3 *1 A3 = C4 *2 C3 C4 10 50 10 25 If I copy select and copy cells A2:A3 to B2:B3 and paste from the clipboard to cells B2:B3. B2 B2 D3 D4 10 50 ...

"Name Conflict" when Excel 2007 open an old worksheet
Hi all, An "Name Conflict" error message pop-up "Name cannot be the same as a built-in name". That worksheet was created by Excel 2000 and also could open on Excel 2003 without any error message. Change the worksheet file name could not solve the problem after tested. Why? Thank you, Chik "Chik" <c...@netvigator.com> wrote... >An "Name Conflict" error message pop-up "Name cannot be the same as >a built-in name". That worksheet was created by Excel 2000 and also >could open on Excel 2003 without any error message. Change th...

Find a time value in one column based on names in another
Hi - I have a list of names. (40 Different names that may occur 30 - 40 times a piece in column B). In Column C I have a list of times that each person made an entry. Is there a formula that will give me the earliest time that appears in column C for each person on the list in column B? I already have a list of all of the unique names that will appear in column B that I can use as a reference. Example: col A col B col C smith 6:00am jones 5:03pm smith 7:05am jones 4:02pm adams 2:05pm adams 2:33p...

Outlook & OWA Language problem
We have a client running Outlook 2003 and IE 6 for OWA. Both clients have the inbox (and several other folders) in spanish. It should be in english. Have checked the local machines for different languages. (yes this happens on every machine she logs into and at home using OWA). We have already run: outlook.exe /ResetFolders outlook.exe /ResetFolderNames These switches did nothing. We also did a repair on the Office 2003 install, uninstalled office and reinstalled it...Still the same. The exchange servers do have anti-virus software running but it's not effecting the other 48,000+ users. ...

convert from last name, first name TO first name, last name
How can I convert my contacts (as a group menaing all of them at once0 from the last name, first name to first name last name, without having to enter EACH cotnact and perform it almost 400 times? Also, in what format would you suggest trying to print my contacts showing fields name mobile, home, work phone and email address? I assume there is a way to make used defined fields? You'll need to create a post with enough information that others could understand it. How are we to know which field or view you are trying to "convert?" Be specific. I would suggest pri...

Separating a name into first name and last name columns
I have a series of full names in single cells that are formatted the following way: <Last Name>,<Space><First Name> - thus it looks like the following: ADAMS, ROSEMARY I would like to separate this into two columns and eliminate the comma. I appreciate any help. I am working in Microsoft Excel 2000 and need answers in Excel, not in Visual Basic. Thank you, THEFALLGUY David(s) - thank you for the help. Problem solved. The Davids stick together!!!! Thanks, David "THEFALLGUY" wrote: > I have a series of full names in single cells that are formatted the ...