#N/A error with VLOOKUP

My VLOOKUP was working fine, but now I have added some text boxes and
pictures around the sheet itself. I have allowed for the extra column, but
the VLOOKUP isn't working anymore.
Does it not like pictures? I haven't included these in the area it is
looking at, so it shouldn't get confused.
Unlike me...
--
Michelle Tucker

Hi Michelle

the #NA error can occur when the VLOOKUP has nothing to lookup ... so my
first suggestion would be to check that the VLOOKUP is still referencing the
correct cells in your workbook.

if that doesn't help, please post your exact VLOOKUP statement and what
you're looking up and what it looks like in the lookup table.

Cheers
JulieD

"Michelle Tucker" <MichelleTucker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:E8E98194-881E-495B-B994-27673EE8D4C9@microsoft.com...
> My VLOOKUP was working fine, but now I have added some text boxes and
> pictures around the sheet itself. I have allowed for the extra column, but
> the VLOOKUP isn't working anymore.
> Does it not like pictures? I haven't included these in the area it is
> looking at, so it shouldn't get confused.
> Unlike me...
> --
> Michelle Tucker

0
JulieD1 (2295)
12/14/2004 12:08:23 PM
Michelle,

The pictures and textboxes shouldn't make any difference as VLOOKUP just
looks at cells, and those objects don't reside in cells.

Give some details of your data and the formula(s).

--

HTH

RP

"Michelle Tucker" <MichelleTucker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:E8E98194-881E-495B-B994-27673EE8D4C9@microsoft.com...
> My VLOOKUP was working fine, but now I have added some text boxes and
> pictures around the sheet itself. I have allowed for the extra column, but
> the VLOOKUP isn't working anymore.
> Does it not like pictures? I haven't included these in the area it is
> looking at, so it shouldn't get confused.
> Unlike me...
> --
> Michelle Tucker

0
bob.phillips1 (6510)
12/14/2004 12:10:16 PM
Don't know why it's working now, but it is, so not a problem!!!

"JulieD" wrote:

> Hi Michelle
>
> the #NA error can occur when the VLOOKUP has nothing to lookup ... so my
> first suggestion would be to check that the VLOOKUP is still referencing the
> correct cells in your workbook.
>
> if that doesn't help, please post your exact VLOOKUP statement and what
> you're looking up and what it looks like in the lookup table.
>
> Cheers
> JulieD
>

> "Michelle Tucker" <MichelleTucker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:E8E98194-881E-495B-B994-27673EE8D4C9@microsoft.com...
> > My VLOOKUP was working fine, but now I have added some text boxes and
> > pictures around the sheet itself. I have allowed for the extra column, but
> > the VLOOKUP isn't working anymore.
> > Does it not like pictures? I haven't included these in the area it is
> > looking at, so it shouldn't get confused.
> > Unlike me...
> > --
> > Michelle Tucker

It's started working, but don't know why. Oh well, fingers crossed!

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

> Michelle,
>
> The pictures and textboxes shouldn't make any difference as VLOOKUP just
> looks at cells, and those objects don't reside in cells.
>
> Give some details of your data and the formula(s).
>
> --
>
> HTH
>
> RP
>

> "Michelle Tucker" <MichelleTucker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:E8E98194-881E-495B-B994-27673EE8D4C9@microsoft.com...
> > My VLOOKUP was working fine, but now I have added some text boxes and
> > pictures around the sheet itself. I have allowed for the extra column, but
> > the VLOOKUP isn't working anymore.
> > Does it not like pictures? I haven't included these in the area it is
> > looking at, so it shouldn't get confused.
> > Unlike me...
> > --
> > Michelle Tucker

Write-in Product causing Total Amount error
I created a new Order that had 2 Existing Product orders and 1 Write-in Product order. The Total Amount on the Information Tab is miscalculating something. If I delete the Write-in, the Total Amount shows the correct Existing Product Total Amount. Also, if I only have Write-In and no Existing Product it correctly shows the Total Amount. But having both of them is causing it to miscalculate in some way. The value of the Write-in Amount is nett $2041.00 plus Tax ($204.10 manually added) then correctly showing that Extended Amount of $2245.10 however the Total Amount shown on the Infor...

Unexpected error
Hi all, I am getting the following error when I open the Microsoft application "An unexpected error occurred while trying to load the Microsoft Framework Libray" Can anyone shed some light on a new Mac user please!! Framework errors are usually an indication of a missing or inneffectively applied update. Since you don't mention version I can't be sure which you need, but if Office X update to 10.1.8, if 2004 then 11.3.3 followed by 11.3.4 - even if you've recently applied them. You may also need to reapply the current OS X updater (10.4.8). Run Disk Utilit...

Error when Installing OL2003
I am getting following error when installing a new instance of OL2003Pro an unhandled win32 exception occurred in outlook.exe All other Office products run fine. Using XP Pro SP2 attached to exchange 2003 Need answer or solution steps ASAP. Thanks. As an update, I intsalled the reuired MS Updates but now getting an error message saying something cannot be "read". I had the 2007 Beta installed and unintsalled that. Could this be the problem?? "JC HARRIS" <harris1113@fake.com> wrote in message news:OUJcACSzGHA.996@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... >I am getting f...

Installing V3C Outlook client error
I am trying to install the V3c Outlook Client(Laptop -Offline) on XP Pro with latest SP, Office 2003 Outlook. It installs SQL Server 2005 Express OK, however I receive the following errors in the validation stage: 1. Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express Edition database ( Red (X)) 2. The 'SQLOLEDB' provider is not registered on local mackine.Noerror information available: REGDB_ECLASSNOTREG(0x8004054) (Red (X)) Can anyone point me in the right direction TIA Hello Graham, I think for some reason the registration of a DLL file is not ok anymore or corrupted. Usually the tool...

linked contacts returnes an error
I'm using Outlook 2007 under Vista Home Premium. (I should probably also mention I imported contacts a year ago from Outlook 2000.) Just now I opened a Contact and clicked on a linked Contact. (This 'linked' contact is shown under the Notes field and next to the small Contact window at the bottom of the Contact.) I go to click on that linked Contact and receive the following message - Cannot perform the requested operation. The command selected is not valid for this recipient. An internal function returned an error.[end] Why do I have this problem with Outlook 2007 whe...

How to Add Custom Attribute to N to N Relational Entity
Hi, we have inquiry entity that is relation to account and contact with n to n relation. ,Crm create a new relational table like inquiry_account and inquiry_contact automatically so How to Add Custom Attribute to inquiry_account and inquiry_contact Also, I need to update this custom attribute record when contact or account accept to inquiry On Jun 26, 12:43=A0am, MehmetCelik <mceli...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > we have inquiry entity that is relation to account and contact with n > to n relation. > ,Crm create a new relational table like inquiry_account and > inquiry_cont...

Exchange error code 0x8004010f
i had installed exchange server 2003 ,and its qorking quite normally but as i send and receive my emails on client end i receive an error code thats says "Task 'Microsoft Exchange Server' reported error (0x8004010F) : 'The operation failed. An object could not be found." This is an error related to Problem downloading offline address book.what version of Outlook is being used .is it Outlook 2003 and used in cached mode? If yes , then removed the cached mode option from Outlook 2003 and try again doing send /receive . Check out this kb article : http://support.mi...

Error Exporting Memo Fileds to Excle
Hi, I have used a posted code from http://www.mvps.org/access/modules/mdl0035.htm to create a recordset to export to Excel range but I have couple of memo fields that are truncating down to 255 when exporting. I have researched the issue but can't figure out how to address it. Any help would be very much appreciate it. Sub sCopyRSToNamedRangeProcesses() 'Copy records to a named range 'on an existing worksheet on a 'workbook ' Dim objXL As Excel.Application Dim objWkb As Excel.Workbook Dim objSht As Excel.Worksheet Dim db As Database 'Dim rs As Record...

Linker Errors 2005 and 1104
I received the following link errors: Linking... NAQXCtl.obj : error LNK2005: "class CMyConnMngr * g_pMyConnMngr" (?g_pMyConnMngr@@3PAVCMyConnMngr@@A) already defined in NAQX.obj NAQXPpg.obj : error LNK2005: "class CMyConnMngr * g_pMyConnMngr" (?g_pMyConnMngr@@3PAVCMyConnMngr@@A) already defined in NAQX.obj LINK : warning LNK4075: ignoring /EDITANDCONTINUE due to /INCREMENTAL:NO specification LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file "mfc42u.lib" Error executing link.exe. ------------------------------------------ Error 2005 MSDN says: The most common cau...

delete row with #N/A
Hi All, How can I delete entire row that contain error #N/A in a certain cell? any help would be appreciate Bijan Hi, Suppose the NA's are in column A, Select all the data in column A and press F5, click Special, select Formula (if the cells with the NA's are formulas, otherwise constants). Click OK. Press Ctrl+- (control and minus) choose Entire Row and click OK. If there is only one cell with NA, just select the row and press Ctrl+-. If this helps, please click the Yes button Cheers, Shane Devenshire "bijan" wrote: > Hi All, > How can I delete entire r...

Outlook sync error
I have installed Activsync 3.7, and I can connect to my HP 5450 no problem, until I tick the sync with notes box then I get the following OUTLOOK error? "Synchronization cannot be started because you are not able to log on to the network and access information. Restart your desktop computer and synchronize again. If the problem persists, contact your network administrator. I have restarted six times and no change. Please has anyone got any ideas, I am running Windows XP, Office XP and norton internet security. Thanks Shane You might want to post this to microsoft.public.pocketpc.a...

Error: Unusual number of requests
How do I fix the setting for this constant and annoying error: "We are detecting an unusual number of requests for information from your computer at this time, which will affect the availability of our site for all users. MSN Money does not support automated routines that repeatedly request information from our site. If you are using such an automated routine, please discontinue. If you received this message in error, we apologize for the inconvenience. Back to MSN Money" Thanks, SB ...

Generartion of Offline Address book error occurred
Dear, I dont know why my OAB isn=B4t generating Please if you know some causes let me know best regards I had a problem with this before, I had to tweak my=20 Global Address List query settings before it would work,=20 it doesnt like a email contact or public folder and its=20 messing up the offline. I uncheck Contacts and Public=20 folders on my query and it seemed to fix the problem.=20 Chris Webb MCP >-----Original Message----- >Dear, > >I dont know why my OAB isn=B4t generating > >Please if you know some causes let me know > >best regards >. > ...

error in RMS
I keep getting an error when I change an ITEM and then try to save it. The changes are saved and I cannot tell that there is any problem after I have changed the item details in any way. The error is "ROW CANNOT BE LOCATED FOR UPDATING...bla bla bla" Anyone else getting this error? My computer downloaded the SP3 update and I installed the "FIX" for RMS a couple of weeks ago. Thanks! mickie yes. this has been ongoing for quite awhile not. "Mickie" <mickie@removemickiesremoveplace.com> wrote in message news:eDTSn$g$IHA.5096@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... ...

Error OLE server
I get an error when I do anything on a form, the error = "A problem occurred while (database name) was communicating with the OLE server or ActiveX control” I don’t have any ActiveX or OLE server!, this comes up if I write any code or a macro, and then I can’t do anything I have to make a new form and make sure I don’t write code Someone replied & I got this web site http://support.microsoft.com/kb/907337/en-us BUT IT APPLIES TO • Microsoft Office Access 2003 • Microsoft Access 2002 Standard Edition • Microsoft Access 2000 Standard Edition I'm having the problem in acc...

Error -550 attempt at resolution
We have a customer witha small network and dedicated server using SBS4.5 sp6 with Exchange 5.5 (build 2448.8 sp2) that recently had a power outage which appears to have corrupted the one of the Exchange EDB files. Some (years) ago we moved the Exchange data from C: to D: due to space limitations. Based on the error we referred to Q143235 and tried to follow the resolution. Using ESEUTIL /MH, we found the d:\exchsrvr\dsadata\diredb file to be inconsistent. We found the d:\exchsrvr\mdbdata.priv.edb file was consistent We found the d:\exchsrvr\mdbdata\pub.edb file to be consistent. Per the Q arti...

Combo box NAME# error
I had created a form with combo boxes. Then I had the bright idea to alphabetize the entries by changing the properties of the form and now the combo box displays NAME#. I realize that this has something to do with the Control Source but it remains in the underlying table for the form...what did I do? ...

msoe.dll error
have internet explorer 6.x but outlook express won't open get this error: outlook could not be started because msoe.dll could not be loaded. is there a fix for this? I've installed,uninstalled IE many times & still won't work. ...

Vlookup Change in Reference Cell
Hi everyone, I'm having trouble with my Vlookup formula I'd initially had 1 column as my reference, changed the reference in another column that is exactly the same as the 1st column (both are text as well) and it does not work. I'm not sure why it is not working. Could the 1st column be different somehow than the 2nd column eventhough they are visibly alike??? Thanks, Lai Check for any spaces after the lookup value.. or try TRIM() the lookup value as below =VLOOKUP(trim(LOOKUP_VALUE),array,column_num,0) -- Jacob "Lai" wrote: > Hi ...

"FRx DrillDown Viewer will exit: Error 0" error message on Citrix or Terminal Server
We are facing the following error in using FRx in Citrix environment: "FRx DrillDown Viewer will exit: Error 0" error message on Citrix or Terminal Server The problem is the drill32.exe process keeps in running the background and eats away the server processing resources, severely reducing the citrix server performance. I did notice the techknowledge document 862594, but it didnt help. Any other ideas will help be appreciated. For reference here is a application log trace. The VB Application identified by the event source logged this Application FRx System: Thread ID: 6344 ,Logge...

#n/a
I am using a formula to look up a manufactures price for parts from list =INDEX(Sheet2!G:G,MATCH(A3,Sheet2!A:A+0)). Sheet1 is my list o pn's, Sheets 2,3,4 etc are the mfgs. list for various product lines This formula returns #N/A for some as they are not all on every list. would like to either have the formula return a 0 or leave the cell blan so I can total these or do other calculations but the #N/A's caus errors. I've tried some things but haven't got it right yet, any ideas? BTW Sheet 2 col G is the mfg's cost and is in the same col in all ther lists. Col A is the p...

Rule error: "Cannot remove messages from the folder"
I have a rule where I chose "delete it" in the "What do you want to do with the message?" box. That works fine, and places my desired messages in the Deleted folder. Today I decided to change it to "permanently delete it". For some reason now it returns an error "Cannot remove messages from the folder". Any idea why Outlook can't permanently delete a message via a Rule? Thanks. ...

OpenWorkbook error
I wrote some code to inspect all workbooks in a file structure, but am now getting an error "1004" on a workbook with an odd character in it. The first thing I do is use a DIR command (through SHELL) to generate a text file of all XLS files in the structure, then I loop through the text file to open each workbook and do my processing. The name of one of the workbooks is: Tubar=E2o.xls But the output from the DIR command shows: Tubar=83o.xls So, of course, when the OpenWorkbook statement tries to open this workbook, which the text file says is there, it can't find it. Does an...

Req: Help with following error message
Details Product: Money ID: 34 Source: mnyob99 Version: 12.0 Symbolic Name: errUnknown Message: This operation cannot be performed. Explanation Usually caused by a corupt file. User Action Run the Money File Repair tool to fix the problem. When I exit the program I get the above error message. Does anyone have any advice on the problem? Thanks, Larry Have you tried to run "salv.exe" on your file? It can be found in the Money/System directory. That's what it's asking you to do. "Larry Vogel" <rolnthdr@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:v1cjb.16826$...

Excel Image not displayed when the physical file is N/A
Hello there, I'm having a problem on images that's generated from excel. I'm using the url method to generate the excel file and I'm aware that the images are stored in a physical location and the images won't be able to be displayed if the physical file is not available. I'm able to display the images out when the excel report is generated; however, when we save it as the default xls extension file, and open it in another location, the images are not displayed, as only the physical file path is being stored in the excel file. I've tested it on a c...