"custom Views", column widths not changing

although Help says that custom views will change cell widths, it does
not.
Any fix for this?
If not, can I autosize on the basis of part of a column only (ie,
ignoring what is above or below the column range I choose?
DesM

--
DesM
DesM's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24121

XL 2007 Custom Views
Hi again. I have been learning how to use the Custom Views... pretty straight forward except that I have a mental block about the Print Settings option. If this feature is de-selected, what is the impact? I cannot see any difference between a custom view which has this feature enabled versus one which has it disabled. Can anyone enlighten me? All help is always appreciated. -- LPS Hi, I am not aware if you are trying to ask questions about the Print Preview or the Custom View. The only thing that Custom View does is save viewing properties (such as zooming value...

Custom Views
Hello - I have a large table that I am trying to create some custom views for. However, when I go to View, Custom Views........the Custom Views option is grayed out. I read that you cannot use Custom views for an "excel list", but I have converted the list back to a normal range, so I don't think that is the problem. Does anyone know what other reasons may exist, as to why I am unable to select custom views? Thanks for any suggestions. Perhaps you have more than one sheet selected? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 5 Sep 2008 08:19:17 -0700 (PDT), Mike C <js2k111@yahoo.c...

Queue Custom Views
This is reaching but is it possible to change the main Grid of the Queue? It only displays Title, Entered Queue, and Type. We are trying to utlize a workflow that kicks out a service activity to various queues when an case is created and need to display more columns describing the activity. Thanks! Did you ever get this figured out as I need to do the same? -- Dennis "MDV1457" wrote: > This is reaching but is it possible to change the main Grid of the Queue? It > only displays Title, Entered Queue, and Type. We are trying to utlize a > workflow that kicks out ...

Looking for Custom Views in 2008, but can't find?!?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I was looking at these tuts: <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/custom_views/index.html#sample> and wanted to try in 2008, but see now way to do that. Something changed? thx!!! What used to be called a "Custom view" is really nothing more than a saved search. If you use Edit> Advanced Search you'll find the dialog & method described on the web page matches almost identically. You can also customize the built-in views. See Entourage Help on the topic: Edit a Custom View. Others may have some addi...

Restoring custom views
I have created a custom view for a folder based on a custom form and published it for others in our organization to use and it works fine. However, if a user re-sorts one of the columns and then tries to restore the custom view by re-applying it, it maintains the sort by the last re-sort the user made. Is there a way to restore the custom view without logging off of Outlook/Exchange? I would like the users to still be able to re-sort the folder by any column they like so I'd rather not lock the view, even if that were possible. Thanks in advance ...

Custom Views 02-17-05
I am trying to setup a custom view for Accounts using a filter that dynamically reads that particular users business unit. Can you use dynamic CRM values as part of the filter statement? Any insight is greatly appreciated. Thanks. you cannot do this. I recommend you build a report instead. One way to do this would be to add a custom field on the account form where you or users enter the business unit. The view could then see that. The problem is the business unit is tied to the user which a search on accounts will not see. -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.mscrmfaq.us ...

how do I protect cells in custom views?
I've created multiple custom views of a worksheet and then tried to protect portions of the original sheet by unlocking and then invoking worksheet protect... thinking that this protection would then be invoked on the custom views. Instead, I run into problems accessing the custom views... they don't appear when I click on "show". Any hints? ...

Protection & Custom Views
I have a 200 sheet workbook using Excel XP(about 60MB) with lots of columns used just for calculation and hidden for viewing and printing. I created custom views to easily switch between having the columns hidden and have them viewable. However, once I went into the sheets of the workbook and protected them my views no longer work. On the protection option screen I checked the box to allow column formatting by users when protected. In individual sheets I am able to show and hide the columns however the Custom Views do not work. When I try to apply the view I get the following m...

Custom Views
I see from other posts that there is no way to copy a custom view from one worksheet to another (aside from using "save as" as a work around). My next question then is there any way to disply what settings are inherent in a custom view so that I can re-create it in another sheet? Thanks, Parls What types of Custom Views? If you have a view of a filtered worksheet would that filter necessarily be valid for the next sheet? If some columns or rows were hidden would you want the same view for the next sheet? You could just make a copy of the sheet and Custom Views...

Can I set my custom views on Pivot table
I want to get Pivot table data on my invoice, is it possible to set custom views so that I can get Pivot table results on invoice format, I've tried views that offer excel but it doesn't offer custom views please help Thanks ...

Custom Views #3
I have various rules set up so that mail from colleagues gets filtered into folders. I get a lot of email in a day and wondered if their was a custom view that could display all received mail regardles of it being filtered and moved to a folder. e.g. filtered and read mail stays in the same view with my inbox? Any help would be great (Im using outlook 2007) Gary -- A1057940 "A1057940" <A1057940.4c0a9e1@outlookbanter.com> wrote in message news:A1057940.4c0a9e1@outlookbanter.com... > I have various rules set up so that mail from colleagues gets filtered > into fo...

Custom Views
I have two questions: 1. Currently, our patient treatment schedule is in a Word table which requires manual calculation of treatment dates. The info is then entered (typed) into the table, and distributed to different parties. Parts of the table is retyped into second and third "lists" for permanent record. When treatment is completed, their info is deleted from the Word schedule after being retyped into another table (whew!) I have set up an excel worksheet that includes the patient information and calculates treatment dates. I am using Custom Views to filter information o...

Custom Views
I have 6 views I created for my Calendar folder but, unless I show the Folder List no views show up at all in the Navigation Pane.My custom views show up in other folders such as my Contacts and Tasks but not in Calendar. In Fact, even if I uncheck 'Only show views created for this folder' no views show up in the Navigation Pane for Calendar, custom or other. Any help will be appreciated. James Try Views | Arrange By | Show Views in Navigation Pane. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and De...

Custom Views created in Excel 2000 not working with Excel 2003
I've created views in Excel 2000, Win98SE; the Views work with Excel 2000, XP Pro; some users are not able to utilize the Custom Views using XP Pro Operating System with Excel 2003 SP. Is this a compatibility issue? If so, is there a work around so I can get the views to work. Thanks for the help/advice. ...

How to password protect hidden columns and custom views in Excel
I want to create a spreadsheet with some columns that contain data that I want to password protect to limit access to only some users. Alternatively, I would like to create a custom view that hides these columns and then password protect the view. I can't figure out how to do this. Any help? I presume that you want just a few columns protected and the rest of th worksheet to be editable? (I think that's a real word!) One option is to lock the cells you want protected: - In your work sheet, press [Ctrl] + [A] to highlight all the cells - Right click in the worksheet and select *Fo...

Custom views and formulas
Hoping someone can tell me if my understanding of custom views is correct. I have been given a spreadsheet of around 100 rows. The rows all contain a dollar amount in column "N". Ther person who set up this sheet has many custom views set up, which look to be hiding various rows and columns. My concern is this; there is a total at the bottom of column N, which is a basic sum, giving the total of all the dollar amounts in column "N". The people in the office seem to think that by setting up the different views, and hiding some rows, the figures in the hi...

Custom Views....
Hi, I have a sheet (sheet1)containing 20 columns and 1000 rows. The data sheet1 is used for different reporting purpose. for different reporting I have to hide and unhide some columns & rows and have to change the Heading of report. Is it somehow possible to customized these different views so I can easily switch to the desired view.....??? I have tried CUSTOM VIEW option but not working properly... thanx for your prompt reply... Syed I think you'll have to say what wasn't working right in View|custom view to get a good response. (It worked fine in my little tests.) But anot...

custom views-no available values in 'edit filter criteria'
hi there, i am trying to create a custom view that is based on one of the values in a picklist within a custom field. when i go into edit filter criteria, i select the field i want, choose equals and then when i get to 'enter value' i have no options in the 'available values' area. I gather i should have the picklist values as available values to choose from? I tested it using another standard field; marital status then i have options in the available values area. but i had added another 2 options to the standard picklist-de-facto and separated; which do not appear in va...

editing custom views
Hello, I have a finance spreadsheet I created for myself to plan my household budget where I have a row for every day of the year. Sine some days nothing happens amongst the days I am planing for I created 2 views. One which displays all the rows and a "part view" which hides the rows with no activity. As the year goes on and I plan further down the sheet I'll want to edit the "part view" so that it includes further rows which will be hidden. How do I do this? When I go to View/Custom View it only gives me the option to Show, Close, Add or Delete a view? Wou...

custom views dialog box
Hi. What exactly is the point of the custom views dialog box (found under view menu). When I access it, there is nothing listed under 'view'. Is this supposed to be a list of all the worksheets? This is where you add your views (using the Add button). A view contains your current setup of hidden/unhidden rows/columns, filter settings, ... Once added and they are on the list for you to recall at a click. HTH. Best wishes Harald "Wessel" <Wessel@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i melding news:1B25C374-CC16-411D-9D50-7FA4CC6CE15D@microsoft.com... > Hi. What exact...

Custom Views for Subfolders?
Outlook 2002 (Office XP) I have a set up a custom view for my Inbox. I also have many subfolders under my inbox. How to I apply my Inbox custom view to all my Inbox subfolders? I would think there would be an "apply to subfolders" option, but if there is, I can't find it. Thanks. ...

Exporting custom views in OL2003
The custom views I've created in OL2003 are not in the views.dat file. In fact, I don't even have a views.dat folder, leading me to believe they're hiding someplace else. I've duplicated *everything* OL file I can find on my hard drive and home and copied it to my work machine but still the folders and views are not making it. Did OL2003 move this into the registry, and does anybody know which keys? Many thanks. Unless this has changed since Outlook 2002, custom .PST folder views are stored within the .PST itself. If you reuse the original .PST rather than importing o...

Default Custom Views
Many of our users want to be able to default their own custom views rather than have the system view as their default. Currently this is not available in 3.0 nor 4.0. Should be part of their profile. Thanks. -- BC ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. ht...

Help about Custom Views
I just did hide some rows, applied Filter Settings and then Add this new view. But when I ask it to Show it respond with error. It always repond with error "Some items could not be shown properly"...something like that... What are the basics of "Custom Views" to work properly? Are your sheets protected? Custom views don't work on protected sheets! -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ============================================== "Murtaza" <NoEmail@Please.com...

Filtering lists with custom views
I need a list of allowed 'argument' elements (keywords, functions, etc) for the filter criteria in a custom view filter. I've searched Microsoft but I'm not connecting with the data. Thx in advance for any help you may be able to offer. -- FirstVette52 ...