"Combo Box - getting control combo box to stick in place in worksh

Greetings,

I am using a combo box from the control toolbar and every time I print or
print preview, it moves the combo box placement on the worksheet.  How can I
get the combo box to stay in place?
0
ajr (1)

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;838910
Controls move to the left of the worksheet in Microsoft Excel 2002

But Jim Rech recently posted this:
This article is now obsolete. Since the 10/12/2004 security patch
there is no need to get a hotfix (although this article does not directly
mention this fix, it's in there).

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;832332

But Myrna Larson (and others) posted that it didn't work in all workbooks.

--

Dave Peterson
0

Get this error trying to get @live.com mail to sync with Windows M
[error messge] Account: 'pop3.live.com', Server: 'pop3.live.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR command not implemented', Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC18 You enabled an option that your mail server does not support. In Windows Mail go to Tools, Accounts, select that account, Properties, Servers, then uncheck "Log on using Secure Password Authentication". -- Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) "JbarJensen" <JbarJensen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news...

List box
I am trying to use the list box function from the control toolbar. I am not sure how to get the listings I want in the list box. Is there certain VB coding that is needed? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks. Todd No VBA code needed. In Design mode, click on your list box and select Properties from the Control toolbox (or right-click your list box and select Properties), then scroll down to the ListFillRange Property and indicate the cell range address that has the items you want to appear in the box (i.e., A1:A10). Then exit out of design mode and test your list box. MRO "Tod...

how do i view different mail boxes
I have set up different email accounts in outlook 2000. How do I choose which mail box I view when I go to outlook? btoonhoule <btoonhoule@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have set up different email accounts in outlook 2000. How do I > choose which mail box I view when I go to outlook? Using IMO or C/W mode? -- Brian Tillman ...

getting started #3
having trouble opening my outlook. what do i need to do to be able to use microsoft outlook. you need a profile. Control panel, mail... add a profile. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM You can access this newsgroup by visiting http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx or point yo...

Concatenate Multi-Select List Box Items
I need to use the chosen items in a multi-select List Box as concatenated text in another control on a subform. This text will be part of a large amount of concatenated text. How do I do this? I did find info here about using such items in a query but it was way over my head and I couldn't figure out how to convert that idea to this issue so please don't just refer me to that w/o some other explanation for this novice. For example, if the user selects: Frt Bumper, Grille, & Headlamp in the List Box, I want to then somehow concatenate those selections into a sente...

Filtering a combo box using a combo box
All, I am trying to filter the records from a table displayed in a combo box using a combo box on the same form. I built a query and set the criteria as Me![FormName]![Combo_box]. This allowed me to filter the list, but it did not do exactly what I wanted. When the first combo box is blank, the second one is also blank. Is there anyway I can get the second combo box to display all of the records when the first box is blank? Thank you for your help. Regards, John Try a criteria in the second combo of: Like Forms!YourFormName!Combo1Name & "*" -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http:/...

Any Ideas on how to get around a password...
I must have put a password on my Outlook express identity when I set it up. I had never closed it and now I did and can't get back in. I am a consultant and all my client info and address are in the address book and e-mails are saved in files. I can access current e-mails through comcast directly but have I lost the historical info for good? Michelle <michelleduhl@hotmail.com> wrote: > I must have put a password on my Outlook express identity > when I set it up. Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. -- Brian Tillman Smiths Aerospace 3290 Patterson Ave. SE,...

colour change of dated box

Combo Box on Forms
Hi, I am using a combo box on a form that has several items w/ one being Other. If the user selects other I want them to be able to input what they want so that it will go into the table instead of just the "Other". I just am not really sure on how to do that. Can you help? Thanks, Jaime In design view click on VIEW - Properties and the the combo. Then change Limit To List to No. -- KARL DEWEY Build a little - Test a little "jseger22@yahoo.com" wrote: > Hi, > > I am using a combo box on a form that has several items w/ one being > Other. If the use...

Any way to get worksheet name from function?
Is there any way for me to access the name of the current Worksheet tab, to put it into a cell? I need a cell whose name changes based on the name entered on the Worksheet tab. Thanks, Colin Copied from Bob Phillips' site........note: leave the "filename" as is. Do not substitute your file name. File path, file and worksheet name: =CELL("filename",A1) File path only: =LEFT(CELL("filename",A1),FIND("[",CELL("filename",A1),1)-1) File name only: =MID(CELL("filename",A1),FIND("[",CELL("filename",A1),1)+...

sent box
how do i get the emails in the sent box to show sent to instead of sent from? -- deb deb wrote: > how do i get the emails in the sent box to show sent to instead of sent from? Add/remove whatever columns you want. Right-click on the header row and select Field Chooser. i may have not explained myself too well i dont want to sort by the "to" column i want the header on the email to show "to" not "from" i think the problem might be that this is not the default sent file, its just a folder named "sent" its for my boss, he ha...

Get Command
Can anybody tell me what the get command is to list each user and their storage limit settings? Thanks, Jasper Hello Jasper, > Can anybody tell me what the get command is to list each user and > their storage limit settings? > > Thanks, > Jasper Try this: Get-Mailbox -ResultSize Unlimited |Seletc-Object Alias, IssueWarningQuota, ProhibitSendQuota, ProhibitSendReceiveQuota, UseDatabaseQuotaDefaults Karl http://unlockpowershell.wordpress.com/ Not quite. Instead of "Seletc-Object" (sic) you want "Format-Table" or "ft&...

Template getting locked by xls
I'm using a template on a network and occasionally, one remote use seems to be locking the template. (template in use by xxx) Users all click on a template shortcut to open workbook based o template. Only one user has this happen. Any ideas? Ja -- jama ----------------------------------------------------------------------- jamaz's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1663 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=31994 Hi is this user doing something differently?. e.g. trying to open the template itself? -- Regards Fra...

Keep getting extra transactions in 2005
I have recently upgraded to Money 2005. I initiated the background service for my bank and now my balance is all out of whack. The question I have is what would be the best method to get my Money balance equal to the bank balance and not have it get lost during the next download process. Skip the whole download thing and enter your own transaction data the old-fashioned way? "Bill Spies" <billspies@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1a4b01c4a719$b1e91500$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I have recently upgraded to Money 2005. I initiated the > background service for my bank...

Combo Boxes
Someone sent me an Excel document where each of the cells in I1:I312 are combo boxes. When you click off of those cells, the down arrow disappears. The list for the combo boxes are cells AA1 and AB1 (AA1 is New and AB1 is Existing). Please explain how this was done? Also, can you please tell me if it is possible to make New and Existing autocorrect entries. So even though the choices are New and Existing, if you hit N, New appears, and if you hit E, Existing appears. Thanks!! It sounds like Data|Validation. Take a look at Debra Dalgleish's site: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVa...

Edit box should support languages like japanese,chineese etc
Hi wht im trying to ask is.. 1. In my application, all the labels r in english only. 2.If i change the content of one text box in japanese or chineese language , [Text box value is the title for another dialog] 4.After i changed the content, i want the title to be displayed in japanese or chineese language. Note: I want only that text box to be changed ,,not the entire application.. so How can i able to support multibyte characters in MFC controls CEdit --text boxes.. Plz reply They do. You have to be in a Unicode app, and you have to have selected a Unicode font that has Chin...

how to get "version" and "encoding" using xmltextwriter
I am trying to use XmlTextWriter. I write the xml data fine, but the file is missing the first line that shows the version and encoding: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> Can the XmlTextWriter do this?? Thanks. Amil Are you using WriteStartDocument? -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Amil Hanish" <amilhanish@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ugiTO7ROEHA.3264@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > I am trying to use XmlTextWriter. I write the xml data fine, but the file > is missing the f...

Separator in combo box
hi, Is it possible to have a line separator in a combo box? I mean something like a separator in menus? thanks, Behzad Try :- http://www.codeproject.com/combobox/zsepcmb.asp http://www.codeproject.com/combobox/customcombo.asp -- Regards, Nish [VC++ MVP] http://www.voidnish.com /* MVP tips tricks and essays web site */ http://blog.voidnish.com /* My blog on C++/CLI, MFC, Whidbey, CLR... */ "behzad" <b@b.com> wrote in message news:%23fVB3em5EHA.3368@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > hi, > Is it possible to have a line separator in a combo box? I mean something > like...

Benefits of a backup domain controller
We will be adding a second server to our SBS 2008 domain. This will be a Server 2008 R2 install ( we are Action Pack subscribers) and will primarily be a file server. I am considering making this second server a backup domain controller as long as there are no huge issues with having the file server and DC roles on the one box. The main reasons for considering a backup DC are to have failover for AD, DNS and DHCP so that people can continue working if our SBS goes down or I have to restart it for some reason. In looking around for the best way to implement this I found a few ...

Text boxes on graphs
How do you make a text box hide the grid lines behind it on a graph? The grid lines are still visible and run through the text box, cluttering it up. Thanks right-click text box choose -- 'Format Text Box' from shortcut menu colors and lines tab change fill color to white Warm Regards, Crystal remote programming and training Access Basics 8-part free tutorial that covers essentials in Access http://www.AccessMVP.com/strive4peace * (: have an awesome day :) * Drew wrote: > How do you make a text box hide the grid lines behind it on a graph? The > grid line...

Nothing is Getting display in the Browser

Internet incoming message don't get to some recipients
Hi I'm running exchange 5.5 sp4, I'd like to get some help to solve this situation: Some recipients are able to recieve Internet incoming message and others are not able, I mean the same message. so what I do is to send a test message (not attachment included) I set many recipients in the To Field in Outlook and some of these recipients are able to get the test message and others don't. "Not rules are implemented in the Outlook Clients" Thank You for your help. On Thu, 2 Feb 2006 11:29:14 -0400, "Javier" <jbisono@tricom.com.do> wrote: > >Hi &...

Multiple Combo Boxes Highlighted
Hi, I have a problem with something in VB6. I have 4 combo boxes with individual names (not an array) located on an SSTab object. When I select another tab and then return to the tab these boxes are located on, each of them appears to be highlighted in blue. I add values to them only when loading the form so I'm at a loss as to why this happens ? Any ideas are greatly appreciated. Thanks, Jen. "Jennifer Ward" <jward@comcast.net> wrote in message news:eq5HrcBrKHA.6064@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I have a problem with someth...

HELP !! Combo box to feed other combo boxes
Hi, I have a form with a stock list. One field is [Dealer Allocated] so stock can be allocated to a specific dealer - this is a combo box (combo1) for single allocations. I now also want to be able to update this combo box for several records in bulk. I thought I would do this by having a second combo box in the footer of the form which the user selects the dealer from and then clicks a button which looks for first record without dealer allocated and updates the value of combo1 to the value of combo2. This would then be enclosed in a Do Loop for specified number of records. I can...

Set Text Box Control To Blank
I have a procedure that executes on the beforeupdate event of a textbox (text24). The procedure works out the checkdigit for the number entered and if there is a discrepancy, a message box appears telling the user the number is wrong. What I'd like to do is modify the code as such so that when a discrepancy is found and the user clicks ok on the message box, focus is returned to (text24) and set to blank so that the faulty number is gone. Here is the code I am using.... It's quite crude as I'm only at beginner level, but hey, it works! Private Sub Text24_BeforeUpdate(Cancel As Int...