"1235" appears as "One thousand two hundred thirty five"

please i want to know how i convert number to text in excel datasheet or access

for example :
1235.75
one thousand two hundred thirty five and 75/100

thank you for your help
0
Kan (4)

See http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0004.html

--

HTH

RP

"H. Kan" <H. Kan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> please i want to know how i convert number to text in excel datasheet or
access

> for example :
> 1235.75
> one thousand two hundred thirty five and 75/100
>
> thank you for your help

0
bob.phillips1 (6510)
10/13/2005 12:48:42 PM

Paste this for VBA:

Option Explicit

 '****************' Main Function *'****************
Function SpellNumber(ByVal MyNumber)
    Dim Dollars, Cents, Temp
    Dim DecimalPlace, Count
    ReDim Place(9) As String
    Place(2) = " Thousand "
    Place(3) = " Million "
    Place(4) = " Billion "
    Place(5) = " Trillion "     ' String representation of amount
    MyNumber = Trim(Str(MyNumber))     ' Position of decimal place 0 if none
    DecimalPlace = InStr(MyNumber, ".")
    'Convert cents and set MyNumber to dollar amount
    If DecimalPlace > 0 Then
        Cents = GetTens(Left(Mid(MyNumber, DecimalPlace + 1) & "00", 2))
        MyNumber = Trim(Left(MyNumber, DecimalPlace - 1))
        End If
    Count = 1
    Do While MyNumber <> ""
       Temp = GetHundreds(Right(MyNumber, 3))
       If Temp <> "" Then Dollars = Temp & Place(Count) & Dollars
          If Len(MyNumber) > 3 Then
             MyNumber = Left(MyNumber, Len(MyNumber) - 3)
             Else
            MyNumber = ""
            End If
            Count = Count + 1
            Loop
    Select Case Dollars
        Case ""
            Dollars = "No Dollars"
        Case "One"
            Dollars = "One Dollar"
        Case Else
            Dollars = Dollars & " Dollars"
    End Select
    Select Case Cents
        Case ""
            Cents = " and No Cents"
        Case "One"
            Cents = " and One Cent"
        Case Else
            Cents = " and " & Cents & " Cents"
    End Select
    SpellNumber = Dollars & Cents
    End Function
'*******************************************
' Converts a number from 100-999 into text *
'*******************************************
Function GetHundreds(ByVal MyNumber)
    Dim Result As String
    If Val(MyNumber) = 0 Then Exit Function
    MyNumber = Right("000" & MyNumber, 3)     'Convert the hundreds place
    If Mid(MyNumber, 1, 1) <> "0" Then
        Result = GetDigit(Mid(MyNumber, 1, 1)) & " Hundred "
        End If
    'Convert the tens and ones place
    If Mid(MyNumber, 2, 1) <> "0" Then
        Result = Result & GetTens(Mid(MyNumber, 2))
        Else
        Result = Result & GetDigit(Mid(MyNumber, 3))
        End If
    GetHundreds = Result
    End Function
'*********************************************
' Converts a number from 10 to 99 into text. *
'*********************************************
Function GetTens(TensText)
    Dim Result As String
    Result = ""           'null out the temporary function value
    If Val(Left(TensText, 1)) = 1 Then   ' If value between 10-19
        Select Case Val(TensText)
        Case 10: Result = "Ten"
            Case 11: Result = "Eleven"
            Case 12: Result = "Twelve"
            Case 13: Result = "Thirteen"
            Case 14: Result = "Fourteen"
            Case 15: Result = "Fifteen"
            Case 16: Result = "Sixteen"
            Case 17: Result = "Seventeen"
            Case 18: Result = "Eighteen"
            Case 19: Result = "Nineteen"
            Case Else
            End Select
      Else                                 ' If value between 20-99
        Select Case Val(Left(TensText, 1))
            Case 2: Result = "Twenty "
            Case 3: Result = "Thirty "
            Case 4: Result = "Forty "
            Case 5: Result = "Fifty "
            Case 6: Result = "Sixty "
            Case 7: Result = "Seventy "
            Case 8: Result = "Eighty "
            Case 9: Result = "Ninety "
            Case Else
        End Select
         Result = Result & GetDigit _
            (Right(TensText, 1))  'Retrieve ones place
            End If
      GetTens = Result
      End Function
'*******************************************
' Converts a number from 1 to 9 into text. *
'*******************************************
Function GetDigit(Digit)
    Select Case Val(Digit)
    Case 1: GetDigit = "One"
        Case 2: GetDigit = "Two"
        Case 3: GetDigit = "Three"
        Case 4: GetDigit = "Four"
        Case 5: GetDigit = "Five"
        Case 6: GetDigit = "Six"
        Case 7: GetDigit = "Seven"
        Case 8: GetDigit = "Eight"
        Case 9: GetDigit = "Nine"
        Case Else: GetDigit = ""
    End Select
End Function

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

> See http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0004.html
>
> --
>
> HTH
>
> RP
>

> "H. Kan" <H. Kan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > please i want to know how i convert number to text in excel datasheet or
> access
> >
> > for example :
> > 1235.75
> > one thousand two hundred thirty five and 75/100
> >
> > thank you for your help

0
ufopilot (81)
10/13/2005 3:18:04 PM
thank you toooooooooo much

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

> See http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0004.html
>
> --
>
> HTH
>
> RP
>

> "H. Kan" <H. Kan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > please i want to know how i convert number to text in excel datasheet or
> access
> >
> > for example :
> > 1235.75
> > one thousand two hundred thirty five and 75/100
> >
> > thank you for your help

0
HKan (2)
10/13/2005 6:11:04 PM
thank you toooooooooooo much

"ufo_pilot" wrote:

> [...]
>     'Convert the tens and ones place
>     If Mid(MyNumber, 2, 1) <> "0" Then
>         Result = Result & GetTens(Mid(MyNumber, 2))
>         Else
>         Result = Result & GetDigit(Mid(MyNumber, 3))
>         End If
>     GetHundreds = Result
>     End Function
> '*********************************************
> ' Converts a number from 10 to 99 into text. *
> '*********************************************
> Function GetTens(TensText)
>     Dim Result As String
>     Result = ""           'null out the temporary function value
>     If Val(Left(TensText, 1)) = 1 Then   ' If value between 10-19
>         Select Case Val(TensText)
>         Case 10: Result = "Ten"
>             Case 11: Result = "Eleven"
>             Case 12: Result = "Twelve"
>             Case 13: Result = "Thirteen"
>             Case 14: Result = "Fourteen"
>             Case 15: Result = "Fifteen"
>             Case 16: Result = "Sixteen"
>             Case 17: Result = "Seventeen"
>             Case 18: Result = "Eighteen"
>             Case 19: Result = "Nineteen"
>             Case Else
>             End Select
>       Else                                 ' If value between 20-99
>         Select Case Val(Left(TensText, 1))
>             Case 2: Result = "Twenty "
>             Case 3: Result = "Thirty "
>             Case 4: Result = "Forty "
>             Case 5: Result = "Fifty "
>             Case 6: Result = "Sixty "
>             Case 7: Result = "Seventy "
>             Case 8: Result = "Eighty "
>             Case 9: Result = "Ninety "
>             Case Else
>         End Select
>          Result = Result & GetDigit _
>             (Right(TensText, 1))  'Retrieve ones place
>             End If
>       GetTens = Result
>       End Function
> '*******************************************
> ' Converts a number from 1 to 9 into text. *
> '*******************************************
> Function GetDigit(Digit)
>     Select Case Val(Digit)
>     Case 1: GetDigit = "One"
>         Case 2: GetDigit = "Two"
>         Case 3: GetDigit = "Three"
>         Case 4: GetDigit = "Four"
>         Case 5: GetDigit = "Five"
>         Case 6: GetDigit = "Six"
>         Case 7: GetDigit = "Seven"
>         Case 8: GetDigit = "Eight"
>         Case 9: GetDigit = "Nine"
>         Case Else: GetDigit = ""
>     End Select
> End Function
>

> "Bob Phillips" wrote:
>
> > See http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0004.html
> >
> > --
> >
> > HTH
> >
> > RP
> >

> > "H. Kan" <H. Kan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > please i want to know how i convert number to text in excel datasheet or
> > access
> > >
> > > for example :
> > > 1235.75
> > > one thousand two hundred thirty five and 75/100

0
HKan (2)
10/13/2005 6:12:04 PM
actually we have bahttext function that is showing in the thai language why
don't you tell the solution for that one

please i want to know how i convert number to text in excel datasheet or access for example : 1235.75 one thousand two hundred thirty five and 75/100 thank you for your help See http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0004.html -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "H. Kan" <H. Kan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EB4DE7F0-7D17-4138-BCF8-20192FF17AA8@microsoft.com... > please i want to know how i convert number to text in excel datasheet or access > > for example : > 1235.75 > one thousand two hundred thir...