*123 to Excel

How can I convert old *.123 files to Excel?
I do not have a new version of 123 or Quattro. Excel cant do it (only*.wk?).
Any links to a utility ?

Hi

In Office 2000
You can open them using the openfile from the menu

           File           Open       then select type of file

It worked fine for me

Rex

"Tsotsi" <anyone_at_all@anywhere_at_all.com> wrote in message
> How can I convert old *.123 files to Excel?
> I do not have a new version of 123 or Quattro. Excel cant do it
(only*.wk?).
> Any links to a utility ?

hi,
i had that problem too. the way i solved the problem was
to save the .123 file as a .wk4 file in lotus. then excel
will open it. i think excel stopped supporting lotus at
wk4.

0
anonymous (74722)
8/25/2004 1:12:43 PM
Office 2000 will not handle files with the 123 extension

"RT" <rthsopmapmson@softscreen.be> wrote in message
: Hi
:
: In Office 2000
: You can open them using the openfile from the menu
:
:            File           Open       then select type of file
:
: It worked fine for me
:
: Rex
:
:
: "Tsotsi" <anyone_at_all@anywhere_at_all.com> wrote in message
: news:35%Wc.21035$DG.964499@news20.bellglobal.com...
: > How can I convert old *.123 files to Excel?
: > I do not have a new version of 123 or Quattro. Excel cant do it
: (only*.wk?).
: > Any links to a utility ?
: >
: >
: >
:
:

0
nospam202 (664)
8/25/2004 3:52:14 PM
thanks all - I resolved it by getting the person with the *.123 files to
copy them and Save As *.wk4 files

thanks

--
xx
"Tsotsi" <anyone_at_all@anywhere_at_all.com> wrote in message
> How can I convert old *.123 files to Excel?
> I do not have a new version of 123 or Quattro. Excel cant do it
(only*.wk?).
> Any links to a utility ?

Hi

I haven't tested it because I do not have any .123 files, but in the open
menu options there is definitely an "Lotus 123" option

Any idea what it's for?

Rex

"Lady Layla" <nospam@nowhere.now> wrote in message
> Office 2000 will not handle files with the 123 extension
>

> "RT" <rthsopmapmson@softscreen.be> wrote in message
> : Hi
> :
> : In Office 2000
> : You can open them using the openfile from the menu
> :
> :            File           Open       then select type of file
> :
> : It worked fine for me
> :
> : Rex
> :
> :
> : "Tsotsi" <anyone_at_all@anywhere_at_all.com> wrote in message
> : news:35%Wc.21035$DG.964499@news20.bellglobal.com...
> : > How can I convert old *.123 files to Excel?
> : > I do not have a new version of 123 or Quattro. Excel cant do it
> : (only*.wk?).
> : > Any links to a utility ?
> : >
> : >
> : >
> :
> :

>>Any idea what it's for?

The older 1-2-3 file formats: WKS, WK1, WK3, WK4.

--
Jim Rech
Excel MVP

0
jrrech (1933)
8/26/2004 11:26:30 AM
Hi

Thank you

Rex

"Jim Rech" <jrrech@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >>Any idea what it's for?
>
> The older 1-2-3 file formats: WKS, WK1, WK3, WK4.
>
> --
> Jim Rech
> Excel MVP

Camera Tool in Excel 2007
Hi, I use the Camera Tool as a dashboard to see what is changing in other sheets in a workbook. It works well in my machine (updates in other sheet are visible).. But does not work in another machine? Is there any other setting in Excel Options that determines the update behavior. Thanks in advance for the help. Regards, Raj Calculation set to Manual? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sun, 14 Mar 2010 00:34:49 -0800 (PST), Rajendra <rspai9@gmail.com> wrote: >Hi, > >I use the Camera Tool as a dashboard to see what is changing in other >sheets in a work...

Problem with Excel
Is there any way to print excel sheetworks as "stickers" or business cards where the individual cells in each line serve as input for the print. I.e. if you have A1=Mr., B1=Bush, C1=President, A2=Mr., B2=Blair, C2=PM, etc., it would print: Mr. Bush Presudebt Mr. Blair PM Anyone got any ideas? Surely, This is just a case of formatting the cells, checking them out in Print Preview, and then print on some proper stationery? -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "E.G." <...

Excel 2000 Unicode
Hi I am traing to run database query from Excel 2000 against database SQL Anywhere. Everything is fine but tre return data is not in Unicode(Greek). On some other databases the conversion works fine - they are convertet to Unicode in greek. Any ideia how this conversion work in Excel 2000 and why is working only in selected databases? It is probably the ODBC driver - check sybase's web site or call their support people to see if you need a different one. On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 13:14:53 +0200, "Greg" <gcholakidis@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hi I am traing to run database query...

Can I protect all excel tabs in a file with one password entry?
I have spreadsheets with multiple tabs - I presently have to password protect each tab separately. I'm looking for a way to protect all tabs with one password entry. i am not share the files, but others do view them and I don't want changes made. Indiana, you can use a macro like this, Sub protect_sheets() Dim ws As Worksheet For Each ws In ThisWorkbook.Worksheets ws.Protect password:="123" Next ws End Sub -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is...

How do make input date by "month/day" in Excel?
I want to input the date 9-Dec by "12/9" in Excel, however it shows 12-Sep. Please help to solve this problem. Try 9/12 -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Ringo" <Ringo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F16BFD8F-0627-4D03-8C24-168916504FB9@microsoft.com... > I want to input the date 9-Dec by "12/9" in Excel, however it shows 12-Sep. > Please help to solve this problem. Or you could change your windows short date to look more like mm/dd/yyyy. But this will affect other programs, too. You can ...

Save As problem in Excel 97
I have a problem with Save As when saving to a network drive. I am able to read the drive and also move files to and from the drive. Also I can open an Excel document, make changes and save it with no problem. When I create a new document and try to save it with a Save As I get the following message: H:/---/file isn't accessible unavailable volume or invalid password. TIA Dean Dean Reports indicate the issue is caused by Windows XP update Q885250. Uninstalling it appears to resolve the problem. To uninstall Q885250 go to Control Panels>Add Remove and click on "Show Up...

Excel asks to save changes when noen are made
I have several spreadsheets that make Excel (2003) ask whether to save the changes before closing the file, even if no changes are made (e.g. open the file and close it - or select exit - without doing anything else). I have pinned down one cause of this; it seems that the OFFSET function can make Excel behave this way (e.g. an otherwize blank spreadsheet with the function =offset(a1,12,0) ). - Is there a way to avoid this question (unless I have made changes)? - Why does Excel think that changes have been made? dOinK Hi you probably have some volatile functions in your spreadsheet (e.g....

lotus 123
how to convert lotus 123 file (bill.123) to excel 2002? Paul Hi see your response in Excel.misc -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Paul wrote: > how to convert lotus 123 file (bill.123) to excel 2002? > Paul Open in Lotus Save as .wk4 file Open in Excel "Paul" <paulnkathy@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:183e201c422a2$773a91f0$a001280a@phx.gbl... : how to convert lotus 123 file (bill.123) to excel 2002? : Paul ...

Is it possible to use excel in a multi user environment?
I have a spreadsheet that is 408KB and growing and currently we have to log in and log out to allow another user to enter date. I would like to have several people work on this at the same time to increase productivity. Is this possible, any suggestions? -- Sonia I Tools--->Share Workbook. Careful! Some features become unavailable when you do that. Check the help file for limitations. :) ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Sonia I." <SoniaI@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2AE538E3-14A3-423E-9AC5-E484A8D27EB8@microsoft.com... > I...

123 03-15-08
123 ...

How to mention a particular sheet name while opening excel with VB script.
Hi Pls say me 1. How to mention a particular sheet name while opening excel with VB script. 2.how to know the rowcount and column count in excel using vb script. hi this is from a macro i use to use. reference the file name and complete file path. Workbooks.Open Filename:="S:\PUBLIC\AE-MRP40\DollarsByLoc40.xls" row count.... dim lastrow as long lastrow = cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row 'where A is the column msgbox lastrow column count.... dim lastcol as long lastcol = Cells(1, Columns.Count).End(xlToLeft).Column 'where 1 is the row msgbox lastcol regards ...

Error prompt when opening Excel documents.
When I open saved Excel files (Office 97 Professional Edition), I receive the following prompt; "A document with the "same name" is already open. You cannot open two documents with the same name, even if the documents are in different folders. To open the second document, either close the document that is currently open, or rename one of the documents." After I close the prompt/message, my file(s) operate just fine. I just receive the "annoying" warning every time I open an Excel file. Any advice please. Maybe a trip to Debra Dalgleish's site...

I need a phone input mask that does this 888.123.2233 or 123.2233
In Access can anyone tell me how to write a Input MAsk> Have you checked Access HELP for "Input Mask" and "phone"? Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Access MVP -- Disclaimer: This author may have received products and services mentioned in this post. Mention and/or description of a product or service herein does not constitute endorsement thereof. Any code or pseudocode included in this post is offered "as is", with no guarantee as to suitability. You can thank the FTC of the USA for making this disclaimer possible/necessary. "Bruce&q...

Left border of chart from Excel doesn't print
When I print a chart from Excel, the left border does not print. Printer is HP T45 Officejet. Elizabeth - Is the chart on its own sheet, or is it embedded as an object on another sheet? In Print Preview does the border appear? The usual advice is to make sure the printer driver is up to date. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ Elizabeth wrote: > When I print a chart from Excel, the left border does not print. Printer is > HP T45 Officejet. ...

Excel saved as Word
A colleague opened a spreadsheet in Word, made changes and saved it. Now it cannot be opened in Excel and only the first Worksheet is available. Anyone dealt with this? Thanks! > Anyone dealt with this? Yup - killed the colleague. Not much you can do unless you have a backup. In article <976401c3ea61$1d23f950$a601280a@phx.gbl>, "Dean" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > A colleague opened a spreadsheet in Word, made changes and > saved it. Now it cannot be opened in Excel and only the > first Worksheet is available. Anyone dealt with th...

Rounding in Excel
When I enter a number into a cell that has a formula I am using the results are not accurate. For example when I enter a number 946399, I get a result of 2628. The result I need to get is 2629. My problem is when the decimal is .5 or greater the result is rounded down to the nearset whole number. By using a calculator I get 2628.8861. My answer I am looking for should be 2629. Can you help? I am using MS Excel 2007. The formula I am using is =QUOTIENT(G172,G171). Where cell reference g2 is a random number I enter, and cell refernce g1 is a 360. -- Egg Grader Hi, Result fro...

[ANN] Lokad Excel Sales Forecasting 1.0 for POS and RMS
We have just released Lokad Excel Sales Forecasting v1.0, an open source Excel add-in that provides sales reporting and sales forecasting. The add-in supports natively Microsoft POS and RMS. =3D=3D Features =3D=3D * Native integration into Microsoft Excel 2000 or higher. * Import sales data from POS or RMS directly into Excel. * Explore, visualize and organize your sales data through Excel. * Upload your sales data to Lokad in one click. * Define customizable forecasting tasks (per day, week, month). * Download your sales forecasts through our forecasting technology. * Windows Installer provi...

Excel #28
I have a range of values. A1 - C1 For example A1 = John, B1 = Q., C1 = Customer In cell D1 I enter =+A1 and get the value "John". However, the next time I do this I get the result +A1. The results in D1 have change from the value in A1 to the simple text entered in D1. Since A1 - C1 is a range I used in another sheet, I was wondering if I accidentaly changed something that causes cell reference to be swithed to constants. Thanks -- LongBow First, you don't need that + sign in your =+A1 formula. =A1 is sufficient. And I bet you're reallying getting =+A1 as the result. ...

how can i spreed the range of excel sheet form 65000 of row
how can i spreed the range of excel sheet form 65000 of row to for example 123 000 rows Wait for Excel 2007! HTH -- AP "mateuszgli" <mateuszgli@discussions.microsoft.com> a �crit dans le message de news: A5627619-67FD-43F7-86F7-0C842E342922@microsoft.com... > how can i spreed the range of excel sheet form 65000 of row to for example > 123 000 rows You cannot exceed the limit of rows of 65536. However, you could split your data into two or more sheets, each with 65536 row capability. Alternatively, you could use Access, or if you must have a spreadsheet now then Q...

Excel version identification from Visual Basic
Hello, I would like to identify the version of MS Excel i.e., whether it is a MS Excel 97 or Excel 2003 from a Visual Basic program. Could you please specify how can this be done? Any APIs or other libraries to be used? Regards, Raja Ranga. Hi Raja, > Could you please specify how can this be done? Any APIs or other libraries > to be used? > If you have set a ref to Excel. you could do: Sub test() Dim oXLApp As New Excel.Application Set oXLApp = New Excel.Application MsgBox oXLApp.Version oXLApp.Quit Set oXLApp = Nothing End Sub Regards, Jan Karel Pieterse Excel MVP www.jk...

sorting with excel
hello i have to do a coursework for school. i have a sample of around 700 students all with have been put in to catogories of gender what year they are in and their height and weight. is there a way that excel can randomly choose a 120 students from the 700? -- rpatel ------------------------------------------------------------------------ rpatel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25502 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=400155 How about adding another column. Fill it with: =rand() and drag down. Then sort by...

With EXCEL 2K,I need use autofilter while protecting sheet, how?
With EXCEL 2K,I need use autofilter function while protecting a sheet, how to make it happen? You can right click on the auto filter button and click Format cell Select protection tab and make sure it is NOT locked. Now when you protect the sheet it should allow the filter to work while still protected. Hope this does the trick. Jennifer "Song" wrote: > With EXCEL 2K,I need use autofilter function while protecting a sheet, how to > make it happen? Thanks, Jennifer, but the filter button doesn't work once you protect the sheet. I am using excel 2000, I am not sure i...

In Excel spreadsheet what does Ref # mean?
What does Ref # mean in Excel spreadsheet? #REF! is a error type which occurs when a cell reference (cell reference: The set of coordinates that a cell occupies on a worksheet. For example, the reference of the cell that appears at the intersection of column B and row 3 is B3.) is not valid. Click the cell that displays the error, click the button that appears , and then click Trace Error if it appears. Review the possible causes and solutions (Taken from MSExcel help) -- Jacob "tjwhite1209" wrote: > What does Ref # mean in Excel spreadsheet? ...

www.exciter.gr: Custom Excel Applications
For individuals and companies that search for powerful excel tools: you can visit www.exciter.gr and download some demos like Mail Label Printing, Decision Analysis tool, Personnel Shifts Programming, Dynamic Graphs and more. All tools are prices by the project and not by the hour! ...

hyperlinks in excel #2
I am using an excel spreadsheet for my personal address book. For me, its the perfect solution. I had one problem since solved - web addresses. I went into Excel Options->Proofing->Auto Correct->As You Type and unchecked the option for Internet & Network paths with hyperlinks. For most of my spreadsheets, this is perfect. I can enter a web address and not have an embedded hyperlink. My Problem: I have a few (definite minority) of spreadsheets where I want embedded hyperlinks. How can I do this? I could find no way to turn off hyperlinks without using the above general exc...