Your Help is Appreciated

Dear all

I am using MS Excel 2003 and I am trying to plot a graph/chart/graphical
representation of the following:

I would like to somehow plot :

Time	Price	Meetings
16/09/2002
23/09/2002	225	27-Sep-02
30/09/2002
07/10/2002
14/10/2002	368
21/10/2002		23-Oct-02
28/10/2002
04/11/2002	354
11/11/2002
18/11/2002	235
25/11/2002
02/12/2002

I dont mind how the data is displayed but I envisaged some kind of bar chart
to represent the prices and a line chart / crosses to indicate the dates of
the meetings.

Can anyone help with this or am I being stupid?

Thanks for everything in advance

Sarah

in 2003 it is possible but tricky - the table that shows the meetings needs
to be separate from the graph data - plotted on the same graph but using a
secondary axis. For this data series turn on labels.
I am unable to make this technique work in Excel 2007 however.

"Sarah_Lecturer" wrote:

> Dear all
>
> I am using MS Excel 2003 and I am trying to plot a graph/chart/graphical
> representation of the following:
>
> I would like to somehow plot :
>
> Time	Price	Meetings
> 16/09/2002
> 23/09/2002	225	27-Sep-02
> 30/09/2002
> 07/10/2002
> 14/10/2002	368
> 21/10/2002		23-Oct-02
> 28/10/2002
> 04/11/2002	354
> 11/11/2002
> 18/11/2002	235
> 25/11/2002
> 02/12/2002
>

> I dont mind how the data is displayed but I envisaged some kind of bar chart
> to represent the prices and a line chart / crosses to indicate the dates of
> the meetings.
>
> Can anyone help with this or am I being stupid?
>
> Thanks for everything in advance
>
> Sarah
0
jonS9938 (5)

Help!! can I recover lost contacts?
I just got a new windows smart phone. My celluar provider was assiting me to preform a sync. of all my contacts. There were no contacts on the phone I preformed the sync and when the sync. was over it wiped out all the comp. contacts in office contacts. The celluar provider said hmmm wonder what caused that. Anyways I think what happened is that the path the sync follows is phone (which was blank) to comp. back to phone. If this is the caseThis tech should of know better, but who am I to blame the only person's fault is mine ,I should of did a PST back up of thoes files....

Help with drop-down box creation
I have a large spreadsheet of case manager activity. Each case manager has a certain number of rows and columns for his/her information (case manager A uses the area A3:G43, case manager B uses H3:N43, etc.). There are 13 case manager areas in group 1 (rows 1-43), 13 in group 2 (rows 44-86), 13 in group 3 (rows 87-129), 4 sets in group 4 (rows 130-172), and 5 sets of totals at the bottom (rows 173-215). I want to create a drop-down box that would point to and locate the case managers' last names or worker ID#s. These items are not contiguous--they are located at cells B...

Help with Formula #11
Hi, hope someone can help me. I have a column (column A) of dates in my spreadsheet in the following format DD/MM/YYYY what I would like is formula in column B that will look at the date in column A and take off the DD so I will ultimatly have two columns e.g. Column A Column B 12/01/2004 01/2004 25/08/2005 08/2005 26/09/2005 09/2005 Many Thanks Try this. Where your list starts in A1 in B1 type. =TEXT(A1,"mm/yyyy") Copy down your list. Cheers, Stev -- Steve ----------------------------------------------------------------------- SteveG's Prof...

Help with ComboBox
Hi, I'm using Excel 2003 I have a spreadsheet using a ComboBox that allows selection of one of several sets of data. Each set is a 3 column row of data. I have the following properties set: BoundColumn: 2 TextColumn: 1 When a selection is made the ComboBox displays the column 1 value. The ComboBox seems to behave normally, except that when I close and open the file the combox initially displays the value of column 2 (instead of column 1). When a new selection is made it goes back to displaying the column 1 data. Shouldn't it always display the data as assigned by TextColu...

Need help formatting text
I am using OE 6 to read newsgroups and I sometimes post articles that I find on the web, often copying and pasting articles into new messages. However, when I do this, it formats it in such a way that when I open my posts, the paragraphs are separated by at least 3 lines, rather than 1 line. I have tried adding an additional step of pasting articles as unformatted text in word before I paste them in a new message in OE. It seems that no matter what I do, however, I get this weird extra spacing between the paragraphs. Anyone have any idea how to solve this problem? -- Aloha, G-Ride &qu...

Need help.......about Excel and Macro
I got two excel file in difference location. Both save in sharing folde at company server. 1st excel name is Operation file and the other name is NPI file. Bot have Product name, Package, Actual Ytd at Xfer and Actual PML at Xfer Engineer will key-in the data(Actual Ytd Xfer and Actual PML at Xfer at Operation file. I want make it automatically copy and paste that ne data(any changes) in Operation file to NPI file by click 1 button(follo the same product name and package). I know i can use formula( using ' ') for every box, but my company got so many product and that not mak sense. ...

Help needed with database design
Hi Heres hoping someone can help me with a problem. I need to design a small database to hold stock parts. This part is well within my abilities and is quite simple. eg Part_no Location description Price etc. The problem I have is that I need to be able to create some master parts which will make a kit composed of individual parts. The users need to be able to choose a master part which will return a list of the component parts and details such as price etc. On the same order the individual parts may also be ordered in addition to the master part. Also some of the individual parts will...

function help for counting text as a value....
I have a schedule spreadsheet. i have 7 names in column A starting at row 4 the assignments are in Column B through O representing 2 weeks. (yes i have them labeled too in rows 2 and 3 for day of the week and the date) i can't remember the formula for calculating the assignment as a value of 12. here is an example of my spreadsheet. Sun Mon Tues Wed Thurs Fri Sat Sun Mon Tues Wed Thurs Fri Sat 17-Jan 18-Jan 19-Jan 20-Jan 21-Jan 22-Jan 23-Jan 24-Jan 25-Jan 26-Jan 27-Jan 28-Jan 29-Jan 30-Jan Theresa AJ D AJ D OFF AJ D AJ D AJ D AJ D OFF OFF AJ D AJ D AJ D AJ D AJ...

Adding 3D vectors ... need some help...
Hey guys -- I am new to this forum, it looks good. Here is my problem: I have created a worksheet for my AP Physics class where I ask them to create certain vector parameters and do various things to the created vectors, such as multiply and add them. But that is not what is important. What I need is the following: To have a cell show the addition of three numbers, with added coefficients. For example Cell A1=2.3 A2=3.4 A3=1.2 Cell B2=2.3i+3.4j+1.2k I want cell B2 to read exactly as the above, without actually adding the numbers in cells a1 a2 and a3, and I also need those coefficie...

Please help me -urgent
Hi, I have 2 work books. One is weekly schedule and other one is yearly vacation schedule. I would like to link both books matching names and dates. Vacation schedule is in monthly format and weekly schedule is in weekly format. Eg: yearly vacation schdule jan 1 Jan 2 Jan 3 and so on ram siva ganga weekly schedule jan 1 Jan 2 Jan 3 ram off 10-6 9-5 ganga off 9-5 11-7 siva 10-6 off 9-5 I need a formula in weekly schedule saying that if the date and name match in yearly schdule says “off” otherwise shift time under the same...

Need Archive help
I've recently set up a few worksheets(with the very impressive minds of the people here) that has four consistent formulas across every row. Now Im trying to be able to cut and paste a row to an archive without losing the formulas or the formulas staying in their columns. Is this possible? Or do I have other options, such as linking the worksheet so that it will archive itself? I really dont know how to save or move this info without having to delete the non formulated cells and then adjusting the whole worksheet. Any help comes highly appreciated Thank you Bryan Bloom ...

help to paste
i have a cell which will have a number put in it.how do i tell exel to paste to different cells (depending on what number is put in the cell) EXAMPLE : if the cell contains "1" then paste "hello" in cell A2 if cell contains "5" then paste "hello" in cell F6 You can put a formula in cell A2: =if(A1=1,"Hello","") And cell F6 would have the formula: =if(A1=5,"Hello","") If you did not want to put formulas into all of the cells you want the message to appear then you would have to use some VBA. I could pro...

Help Sendobjest
I am hopping some one can help me I have an application in Access 2000 which has been running on XP and XP professional for a very long time every morning this application creates a list of reminders it then creates an E-Mail for each reminder and with a loop it sends all the e-mails one at a time the code is DoCmd.SendObject acSendNoObject, , acFormatTXT, StrFullAddress, , , strMailSubject, strMailMsg, False All of a sudden a couple of months ago I noticed that it was sending the first mail ok with the usual out look message and then it just looped through the rest but did not send...

help #42
Hi! I have Microsoft outlook express 6. Internet links in messages, when I click on those they don't open automatically, I have to use cut and go to web browser to paste to open the link page. Is there anyway, they can open automatically when I click on those on messages? If there is a way, what do I have to do? Please help. Raj Goel goels wrote: || Hi! || || I have Microsoft outlook express 6. Internet links in messages, when || I click on those they don't open automatically, I have to use cut || and go to web browser to paste to open the link page. Is there || anyway, they...

What happened to Help/"Send Feedback on Entourage (Word, Excel.)?
One of the lovely features of Office 2004 used to be (past tense) being able to go under the Help pulldown menu on any sub-program (Entourage, Word, Excel) and click on "Send Feedback on__________ (name of Office 2004 sub-program on which you wish to submit feedback)." The website page that now comes up makes it more cumbersome to send a Mac product suggestion to Microsoft via the Help/Send Feedback route. Clicking on that pulldown menu item takes you to: <http://support.microsoft.com/contactus/> I made the mistake of clicking on "Select a Product" at the top of th...

Printing Help #2
Is there any way for me to be able to print specific colums from multiple worksheets all at once? Is there any way to select colums from a spreadsheet that would normally be on different pages, and have them print on the same page, without having to copy & paste them into a new worksheet? First create a new worksheet Then for each range: copy|Paste special|Values to a nice (contiguous) spot on that new worksheet. then print from there. Then make sure you do File|page setup to make it fit your piece of paper. In fact, if you edit|copy, then go to the new worksheet, you can Shif...

~~ Need Help Creating Composite ActiveX Control
Help! I'm having a very tough time finding examples of how to do something which I think should be fairly easy. Could you kindly point me in the right direction? I have an application that has dialog boxes which can be extended by hosting an ActiveX control written by a third party. Typically this ActiveX control will consist of a number of edit controls and checkboxes. How do I create an ActiveX control with C++ that consists of mulitple controls? Is it possible to do this with MFC or do I have to use an ATL composite control? My hosting application is already a MFC app. How do I ...

Access 2007 Package Solution Wizard
I have successfully used the Access 2007 Package Solution Wizard to deploy my databases to computers without Access 2007 and it really works great. It saves a lot of trouble, money, and makes my database install & run like a real application. But one simple problem still eludes me: - How do I enter the Install Subfolders Path under Additional files? I have tried using: c:\filename (but the Wizard does not allow / or : etc..?) I have tried using: %WINDOWS%SYSTEM32 but this just creates a folder by that name and puts the files inside? I have searched the web but no one explains the proper...

Need Help (i'm at the end of my rope) WMP wont work Missing DRM
Hello, i konw i'm new here but i'm really at the end of my rope. i had to upgrade my motherboard and processer not long ago, and when i did i seemed to lost my drm folder in windows. i have tried everything i can find online, including upgrading windows vista to windows 7 (no good) show all hidden files to delete all files in drm folder. (no drm folder) went to that upgrade drm thing microsoft has and i cant because the button is greyd out or i get a error in internet explorer. running a reg cleaner for missing dll's. i'm losing it. i need major help. please ...

Help Creating Form
I have 5 tables: Manufacturers, Products, Brands, Varieties, Sizes. I would like a combobox Manufacturer that would filter a Products combobox that would in turn filter a Brands combobox. After selecting a Brand from the Brand combobox, I need to enter several Varieties for each Brand and several Sizes (Size, Unit, Pkg) for each Variety. Please help. I am new to this. I have the relations set in the order that the tables appear on the 1st line of this post. On Thu, 11 Mar 2010 06:38:14 GMT, "rnjalston" <u58689@uwe> wrote: >I have 5 tables: Manufacturers...

No info coming up in Publisher 2007 Help
Just purchased Publisher2007. When I press F1 for Help, another screen comes up for Publisher Help but nothing listed below. Can enter in search field, press go -- nothing comes up. This appears for both Microsoft Online and Offline options. What do I need to do flosew wrote: > Just purchased Publisher2007. When I press F1 for Help, another > screen comes up for Publisher Help but nothing listed below. Can > enter in search field, press go -- nothing comes up. > > This appears for both Microsoft Online and Offline options. > > What do I need to do ================...

Excel report help
I did a quick search on this topic and to be honest found that I know s little about this topic, that I was lost trying to understand what saw. So to be honest, I am looking for someone to basically hand hol me through this problem. A coworker has a report that she files once a month, this report is culmination of four Excel reports into one. The four reports we ar combining consist of a beginning of month inventory, end of mont inventory, cost of inventory, and product ordered and shipped. The problem I am running into is that none of the reports she is abl to pull from our database has a...

Current sessions, spam, smtp, relay
In the past week we have been getting a lot of spam mail. And just like all you admins out there.. GGGRRRRAAAAHHHHH!!! It's weird because they are coming and going from people that do business with us. Not only are they sending us spam, we are sending them spam as well. I checked to see if the relay settings were correct. Read http://support.microsoft.com/?id=310380 and set everything up as they said to do. I unchecked the "Allow all computers with successfully authenticate to relay, regardless ..." Now i don't know if that was the way they were sending spam but i also am log...

Help addressing the last cell
Here is my code: Dim LastRow As Long Dim LastCol As Long Dim LastCell As Range Dim intNumCols As Long Dim DataCells As Range 'Find the last row, column and last cell of the worksheet. LastRow = ActiveSheet.Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row LastCol = ActiveSheet.Cells(1, Columns.Count).End(xlToLeft).Column LastCell = ActiveSheet.Cells(LastRow, LastCol).Address Excel fails at the LastCell line. It tells me that the object is not defined, but clearly my variable is defined. Both LastRow and LastCol return the correct value. What is the problem? Thanks in ...

Eulogy speech help?
I am trying to figure out the best way to write a Eulogy for my favorite Uncle that just past away 2 days ago. Any tips, ideas or encouragement? I need advise ASAP. The funeral is tomorrow, Sat. May 15. Thanks for any suggestions. Sorry, but this isn't the right place to ask for help on document contents; this newsgroup deals with the technical aspects on using Word. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Melonhead58" <Melonhead58@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:41D3BC38-FFC1-4668-A9AC-C3C3440B311A@microsoft.com... >I am trying ...