Year-old graphs in Excel #2

Hi,
I'm trying to view some graphs that were made in Excel a year ago.  When I open a file, it's like looking at a blank page.  The correct names are on the tabs, but the sheet is completely white.  Any suggestions?
0
Denise1 (113)

Denise -

That's what charts look like that don't have any data ranges assigned.
Click on Source Data on the Chart menu. Is anything indicated there?
Click on the series tabs. Are there any series in the list?

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

Denise wrote:

> Hi, I'm trying to view some graphs that were made in Excel a year
> ago.  When I open a file, it's like looking at a blank page.  The
> correct names are on the tabs, but the sheet is completely white.
> Any suggestions?

0
DOjonNOT (619)

opening old MS Word for Mac documents
I have many Word documents I cannot open on my present OSX.4.11 PowerBook G4 computer. All of them are from November 1992 and before. I can open all later documents. The earlier documents can open in Word or Text edit, but they only show the greeting of the letter or the first few words of the document and then revert to gibberish. Its hard for me to accept that all that historical material is now lost forever. Thanks You could buy MacLink Plus, as it can open older Word formats (all the way down to Word 4). Also, some older Word for Windows application might be able to open them. <h...

Missing old mails
Exchange 2003, Outlook 2003. Some user complained that their old mails, eg. last month, are missing from the inbox. Anyone has any ideas what went wrong??? "Emyeu" <cmchong20@yahoo.com> said > Exchange 2003, Outlook 2003. > Some user complained that their old mails, eg. last month, are missing from > the inbox. Anyone has any ideas what went wrong??? > Have you checked if the auto-archive feature is active on the client? -- Andy. Auto-archive has been disabled. "Andrew Mitchell" <amitchell@removecasey.vic.gov.au> wrote in message news:Xns...

how do I display 2 secondary Y axis' side by side?
I am setting up a chart for the following Month Jan Feb Mar Apr Units 5 4 3 6 Dollar 55 35 40 67 with units and dollar as primary and secondary Y axis'. My problem is that the two vertical bars for each month overlap each other. How can I display the units bar and dollar bar for each month side by by side? If you wish, you can call me at 215 375 4528 cell. Thanks, Kevin Si Jon tells all at http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ColumnsOnTwoAxes.html best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "K...

Could I install MM Delux in the next year on the new maschine?
I thing my previous mail it the above subject gonne into the net:( So I reapet the question - my MM Delux Plus expires 11.10.2009. Could I install this MM on the new maschine in the nex year - I am goin go buy the new computer with Win 7. Greetings If you have available Activations you obtained prior to 6/30/2009 and activate prior to 1/31/2011, this is correct. Oh, and be sure and do an Internet Update to get the patches prior to 1/31/2011. One strategy I would recommend considering: install the M+ in a Win7 XP VPC VHD. Then protect that VHD file very carefully so that you might be a...

Outlook Export to Excel
I am attempting to export an Outlook Calendar to Excel 2000, am getting the following message: An ODBC error has occurred in the Microsoft Excel translator while trying to write a record to the result file.[Microsoft][ODBC Excel Driver] Unknown What do I need to do to fix? Thank you in advance! ...

Excel calendar templates
I have downloaded calendar templates from the Office site, but would like to know more about how they were made, specifically, how are the date numbers placed in the cells? ...

Can I make my own picture into a symbol for use in word/excel?
I created some graphics that I want to insert as symbols (half circle, quarter circle, full circle - pie charts). How can I turn into symbols that can be added to the autocorrect feature on word? Insert the picture into a document. Right-click the picture and make sure to specify the Text Wrapping that you want. Select the picture and then display the AutoCorrect dialog box (in Word 2007, click Office button | Word Options | Proofing | AutoCorrect Options). In the "Replace" box, type whatever key combinations should trigger the AutoCorrection. At "With," be ...

Overlay 4 years of data as a line on 4 years of columns for several x category labels
Dear Charting aficianados, The tutorial at http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ClusterColAndLine.html is the closest example I can find to a charting conundrum I am facing, though what I am hoping to achieve is still a little different. I've made a mock up of what I'm hoping to achieve - though I have had to use drawing objects for the line series, to overlay on the columns - I'm sure there is a way to get excel to do this - do you think there is? (sheet named mock-up) A workbook with mocuk-up and my other charting attmempts can be found: http://www.savefile.com/files/2690840 T...

Problem with Word table in Excel
Hope someone can help. Here's my problem. I want to easily double the amounts in each row of a column in a Microsoft Word table. I exported the table to Excel, inserted a column (column B) next to the one I wanted to work with, and typed the formula =A1*2. I then copied it to the rest of the cells in the B column. Of course, it worked. All the numbers in the A column were doubled in the corresponding B-column cells. But when I went to copy the doubled B-column numbers into the A column, I got a circular reference error. Problem is that I'm copying the formula, not the actu...

what mean by when office assistant show"too many different excell
When i want to copy a worksheet from another workbook to my another workbook, i get "too many excell format" and disallowed me to go thru it. It also happen when i want to edit the worksheet by using format or toolbar. Some info: XL: Error Message: Too Many Different Cell Formats http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=213904 I think I'd try to get rid of some of those formats--make it much more vanilla like. Then do the copy. angie wrote: > > When i want to copy a worksheet from another workbook to my another workbook, > i get "too many excell forma...

Trouble Populating Graph Object Via VBA #3
Bottom like is that the code works if I break and then resume, but does not work otherwise. I'm coding in MS Access, but this being the Excel NG, I thought maybe somebody here might have been where I am now.... Stepping through the code, it's like the Graph.Datasheet is going "Poof!". Later in the code, I set TitleText, so the pointer to Graph is still there... but sometimes the cell assignments "stick" and sometimes they don't. It's just when I right-click the form's Chart object and select 'Edit' that I can see that the datasheet is empty -...

month & year format in two digits
Hi folks.... is this possible in excel that if I just type MM/YY without this "/" and it appears as MM/YY. For example if I type 0805 in the cell it should appears as 08/05 once entered. Help will be appreciated. Thanks Morphyus -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/ms-excel/200508/1 http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DateTimeEntry.htm -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Morphyus C via OfficeKB.com" <forum@OfficeKB.com> wrote in message news:5264F31820670@OfficeKB.com... > Hi folks.... > is this possible i...

Excel 2003 Clipboard-How to permanently disable?
I have a user who wants to permanently diable/hide the Excel clipboard from appearing. I have found that changing the value of the registry key AcbControl from 0 to 1 is supposed to diable it. I have done that but later in the day, an Excel file is being worked on and the clipboard comes back. I checked the registry key and it has changed itself back to 0(turned on). Is there something in the properties of indivual spreadsheets that is turning the clipboard back on? I am sure i am missing some obscure setting but cannot seem to find it. To stop Clipboard from popping up se...

Problems with Pivot Table Field Sorting in Excel 2002
I cannot get some data fields in pivot tables to appear in the "data source order". This option under advanced is greyed out for some reason. So everything gets sorted. Any suggestions? If you right-click on a field button, choose Field Settings, and click Advanced, that field should appear in the field list for sort order. Mike wrote: > I cannot get some data fields in pivot tables to appear > in the "data source order". This option under advanced is > greyed out for some reason. So everything gets sorted. > Any suggestions? -- Debra Dalgleish Excel...

Extracting macros from a worksheet #2
From: "PCLIVE" <pclive@livenet.net> Subject: Re: Extracting macros from a worksheet Date: Monday, December 01, 2003 6:14 PM Gord, Thanks for the info. I have Excel setup to ask me about enabling and disabling macros when opening a worksheet. I've tried both with no luck. I get the same error when attempting to open this file. The workbook that I'm opening has always worked before. That workbook and macros were designed and written by me and they have been working for more that 5 months now. There are only two worksheets in the workbook and I've never had an...

Posting to prior years
I have the all years closed until 2006 (calendar year setup) Is there any way to post entries to 2003. This is requirement due to restatement of financials for prior years. Thanks Sunil The only way to accomplish this is to contact Microsoft Professional Services (you can do this through your GP Partner) and have them re-open your closed years. We've had them do this for a customer of ours - worked out very well. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible Solutions, Inc. "nfp" <nfp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ADD8C19D-BBCC-43BD-987E-3AC352...

openldap and migration wizard #2
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0085_01C459E0.FAE4EDF0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello all, my customer has a Linux RedHat 8.0 with sendmail and openldap running on = it and i need to migrate the mailboxes to a new exchange 2003 server, = i've already installed the exchange server and everything is ready for = the mailbox migration but when i run the migration wizard and try to = extract the user list from the ldap server on the linux, it shows a = "Invalid DN syntax" ...

Mostly OT: put old HD into new 'puter; OS, personal conflicts?
I just got a new computer. I'd like to see about putting the hard drive from my old machine into the new one so I don't have to reinstall all the programs and transfer all the files. I'm concerned about conflicts at start-up between the operating systems on the two drives. Also, can I get Excel to open with the Personal.xls on the old drive, so I don't have to move all my macros over? Can someone tell me how to do this in simple terms? If it *is* simple, that is. Ed If I were you, I'd spend some time with the old manual (maybe at the manufacturer's site if ...

Excel 2003- Too Few Parameters- Import xternal data issue
Hi.. I'm using Access 2003 and Excel 2003. I made a Pivot chart in Excel which imported data from Access (using an Access query). However in my access query the you have to enter 4 other variables like start date, end date, price. Is there anyway that I can be prompted to enter these whenever I hit refresh on my pivot table in Excel ?? Right now I get the ODBC error - too few parameters error. I have also tried making a new tab in excel where you enter these 4 criteria. This sheet is read as a linked table in Access. However when I link the results of this table into the access query, t...

Year to year comparison in Money 2003
Hello. I can't seem to generate a report that would allow me to do a year by year comparison of income and spending. I'd like to have all my categories in rows, with two columns for 2002 and 2003 next to one another. Any advice? I can't seem to figure out how to do two different time frames like that. Disregard. I figured it out. Would have been weird if it weren't possible. The Report section (print, lay-out, export to Excel) could be a little better. "Iron Flatline" <tiredofvirusspam@anonymousnewsgroupreader.org> wrote in message news:%23PqlM1I4DHA.1644...

Convert Text in Excel To Word Doc
Copy from Excel. Paste or Paste Special into Word. sunny1 wrote: ...

old trades shares & price quote off by one decimal position
Due to Merill Lynch Settlement I must submit documentation from trades 7-8 yrs ago. When I look at my .mny for CMGI trades, the number of shares and price are off by one decimal place... instead of selling 242 shares at $1.20 it shows 24 shares at $12.00 This file was originally Money 1998 (95) and got upgraded to Money Money 2003(XP) then recently Money Plus Premium(Vista). At least the dates are correct so I can call my old broker for a signed report but I don't really want to correct all my old investment transactions. Why did this happen? In microsoft.public.money, huskyb...

Excel font formats
It would be extremely helpful to have more font formatting options available in Excel. I would like to be able to highlight text within a cell and not a whole cell, edit character spacing, have small caps and several other options available in other Office applications. This is not a question, it is a suggestion, so I don't expect replies. It would just be nice to have a few more perquisites for those of us who have chosen to use Microsoft products. I am currently using Excel 2002. If you want MS to hear your suggestion, this isn't the place to voice it. Search the MS web sit...

Shortcut in Excel
Is there a keyboard shortcut in Excel that will change a highlighted row's color? I know how to highlight a row (shift+space), but after that I don't know the shortcut to change its color. Thanks! Jake, There is no built-in shortcut: you would need to write a macro and assign it to a shortcut to get that functionality. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "Jake Rich" <jacobarich@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:#qHJa3cxDHA.1396@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Is there a keyboard shortcut in Excel that will change a highlighted row's > color? I know how to highlight a...

SharePoint #2
I've got the 2008 Office for Mac and it doesn't work with Sharepoint. Can it be made to? No. Supposedly the Sharepoint team improved support for Mac browsers, but nothing in Office itself to enable Sharepoint. greenbjb@officeformac.com wrote: > I've got the 2008 Office for Mac and it doesn't work with Sharepoint. Can it be made to? > ...