Y-Error Bars - only need one

I am having trouble putting a y-error bar on one data
point in my series.  Excel wants to add error bars to all
points (bars) in the series.  Is there a way to do this?
Thanks.
0
anonymous (74721)

Hi Diana,

To get error bars on a single bar you can use the Custom +/- reference
boxes on the Error bar tabs. Use this to get your values from worksheets
  cells.
Obviously within the cells are zero values for all but the bar your want.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

One additional discovery relating to this issue.
One additional bit of info - on advice of my mentor, I ditched the lookups in the table - he indicated that might be an issue. I then made lookups in the form itself, and I can see the lists - no problem there. But I still can't add a record (same error messages as below) - UNTIL I uncheck "enforce referential integrity" on the relationship line between tblBusiness & tblContact. I wish I wish I wish I could enforce referential integrity. Ideas? yes, you made a very wise move in removing the Lookup from tblContacts (if you've any remaining doubt, see http://www....

1 combo box populating more than one field and retaining info to t
I have a combo box which when a selection is made also populates the 2 other fields. I found how to do this using this great link http://www.blueclaw-db.com/download/fill_multiple_fields.htm BUT !! I want the retain the information that populates and feed it back to the relevant table. The control source is how I would normally do this, but in this instance the control source property is a formula to copy from the combo box. Is there a way round this? Many thanks for your help - this is driving me nuts! Sarella wrote: >I have a combo box which when a sel...

Separators In OUTLOOK Tool Bars???
How do I pace a separator in an OUTLOOK tool bar? In outlook 2003: Right click on toolbar, and choose customize. Select the Commands tab, then click on the toolbar button you want to be to the right of the separator. Click on "modify selection", then on "Start a group". HTH Mark -----Original Message----- From: C. Davey Utter [mailto:cdutter@spamex.com] Posted At: 02 October 2005 19:57 Posted To: microsoft.public.outlook Conversation: Separators In OUTLOOK Tool Bars??? Subject: Separators In OUTLOOK Tool Bars??? How do I pace a separator in an OUTLOOK tool bar? --...

scale to page error in Excel 2007
somehow something has changed in my Excel 2007 setup where my "fit to scale" does not work appropriately. When I choose print preview, the preview screen changes to a very small preview and my document is a few thousand pages. This document used to print fine on one page. Even on my other computer it prints fine. The funny thing is, when I change it back to 100% scale the preview is large again but still cuts off a few columns. I must have changed some setting that I need to reset but cannot find it. Any help is appreciated. Have you checked your setting of print ...

Formula Help Needed #3
I'm creating a volunteer list for a nonprofit group I belong to. I've been experminting with counta, dcountf, countif, ect...., but no luck yet. On the first worksheet I have all of the volunteer's names, phone number's, ect... Columns are the catagories and the rows are the volunteers. There is a series of four columns representing shifts. The column immediately following the shift columns indicates which work area of the event they have volunteered for. This column is validated and has a drop down list of predetermined choices. Currently I'm trying to create a table l...

need short cuts in the find option
I no that there are short cuts when using the find option. example i want to find everything at the end of the text in a cell like the word CORE and the begining of every word is something difrent like #'s. I no that you can insert something so that it will look at the end of it... does that makes sence???? arrggg i hope so LOL maybe looking for *core will help you find all the cells that contain values that end with CORE. The asterisk is a wildcard. Trisher75 wrote: > > I no that there are short cuts when using the find option. example i want to > find everything at t...

Help needed to run macro
Argh!!! I think I may have created a macro to resolve an earlier problem, but when I try to run it I get... 'Macros in this workbook are disabled because the security level is high, and the macros have not been digitally signed or verified. To run the macros, you can either have them signed or change your security level.' How can I get my macros to run on my machine, where they are created, without compromising security? I've found and run selfcert.exe but it hasn't made any difference. Do I need to do anything else to make this effective? I'm a novice at this so step ...

how to show formula in formula bar
How do I make the formula show in the formula bar and keep it there? Select the cell with the formula. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "cattywampus" <cattywampus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1B2F42DF-9B43-411C-96C1-D3110F033D0C@microsoft.com... > How do I make the formula show in the formula bar and keep it there? go to tools<>options<>view<> and tick the formula bar -- Greetings from New Zealand Bill K "cattywampus" <cattywampus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1B2F42DF-9B43-411C-96C1-D3110F033D0C@mi...

Need Help With GP Item Pricing
GP ITEM PRICING I need to use “Bucket Pricing” for items in GP. For example below is the pricing schedule that I need to use. First 20 …………….$ 1.75 Next 280 ……………… 1.36 Next 700 ……………… 1.23 Next 2,000 ……………… 1.09 Over 3,000 ……………… .82 So if I had a Qty. of 350 it would be as follows 20 * 1.75 = 35 280 * 1.36 = 380.80 50 * 1.23 = 61.50 Total : $477.30 In GP I can only set it up to do a “Quantity Range” in the Item Price List Maintenance window. Problem is if I set it up that way and enter a quantity of 350 it will default to the $1.23 ...

In Excel
-- Jerry ...

Can't Get Line Number on Status Bar
In Word 2003, I was able to look at the status bar at the bottom of the screen to see what line I was on in a particular document. Is it possible to do this in Word 2007? Thanks. Yes. Right click in the status bar. Line number is one of the choices. Pam mcwein wrote: >In Word 2003, I was able to look at the status bar at the bottom of the >screen to see what line I was on in a particular document. Is it possible to >do this in Word 2007? Thanks. -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/word-docmanagement/201001/1 Yes it is...

Syntax Error In ALTER TABLE Command
I would like to change the data type of a column of integers to date/time format. I'm using this command in a MS Access 2003 macro RunSQL -> ALTER TABLE ExpTable MODIFY Activation_DT DATETIME. I have chosen No for the Use Transaction parameter. I've "Googled" the Internet for a resolution, but am having some difficulties finding my way out of this error. Would anyone have a suggestion? Many thanks, Kenny Vick kenny_vick@playstation.sony.com In news:33C0F407-9BA8-4377-A9E8-D7AE76F96895@microsoft.com, Kenny Vick <Kenny Vick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:...

Excel chart-y axis title question
Everytime I have a y axis title and it will not show up the end of the title. I tried to use small font but it doesn't help. Does anyone ever have similar problem? Thanks. Many people have reported this problem, and the following post by Jon Peltier may help you: http://groups.google.ca/groups?&threadm=OviGl8Z3EHA.208%40TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl springwinterfall wrote: > Everytime I have a y axis title and it will not show up the end of the title. > I tried to use small font but it doesn't help. Does anyone ever have similar > problem? Thanks. -- Debra Dalgleish Ex...

Need Help With Formula #3
I'm trying to set up a formula using values on one worksheet to sum up values on a second worksheet. The first worksheet has these 3 columns, A, B and C where A has these team/unit numbers (often repeating), B has one of 5 text values, while C has a yes or no value aka "accepted" or "rejected". Referring to sheet one, on the second sheet, one formula sums up all the times that a team/unit has a value in B other than " ". The second formula sums up all the times that a team/unit has "Accepted" in column C. I haven't been able to figure this o...

I have lost my menu bars in Excel?
I am not sure if I have opened a corrupt excel file or what but now when I open my excel there are no menu or tool bars (not hidden from view, but gone) I have tried re-installing excel but this did not fix the problem. What is going on? View / Full Screen perhaps? Try finding and deleting your *.xlb file which is the toolbar customisation file -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- It's easier to b...

SMTP Error 452 4.3.1 Out of memory in Exchange Server 2000
After a successful Disaster Recovery of a Exchange 2000 Server (which is a Windows Domain Controller) - I installed Win 2000 Server + SP4, Exchange 2000 + SP3 and the Exchange Backup I get this strange error when I try to TELNET servername 25 and send the MAIL FROM:myself@mydomain.com 452 4.3.1 Out of memory The SMTP Service throws this error, but I can't find any hint in the event log. There is plenty of space on all disks and the permissions on "vsi 1" folders are also correct. Maybe an important hint: Prior to do the test, I installed the Trendmicro Client Server Messaging ...

#REF! errors due to number of rows
Hello, I hope this problem description makes sense. If not, I can try again. I have a spreadsheet that imports data from a csv file. I've set up a button to refresh the data from the csv file. The spreadsheet uses columns A thru BS and then hides many of the columns to give an "Inventory Report". This report shows columns like Item, Description, Bin Location, On Hand, Cost, Last Sales, etc. The spreadsheet then creates a final column titled "Extension" which is Cost x On Hand. This final column, Extension, is a calculation and not imported from the csv file. At t...

Error when trying to create reports
I am getting an error: There has been an error reading or writing the file '.' Anyone know how to fix this? In microsoft.public.money, Peggy wrote: >I am getting an error: There has been an error reading >or writing the file '.' > >Anyone know how to fix this? See if any of these resembles your situation: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;281865&Product=mny http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;185848&Product=mny http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;321085&Product=mny Thank you, Cal!!...

RPC Error
When attempting to run the executable, I get the following error message... "A system componant, RPC, required by Outlook to connect to the e-mail server, is not configured properly." I checked the RPC services and everything appears to be running fine. This error is coming up on many of my clone machines. Any ideas? Hi, first when i read this i think "Trojaner or Virus" Please check for it. Cause the Loveson kill the RPC Service. >-----Original Message----- >When attempting to run the executable, I get the >following error message... "A system c...

how to prevent zero error message for logarithmic plots
Somewhere in a very large file, there is a zero placed in a logarithmic plot. Everytime I use the file I get the repeated error message that this problem exists. Unless Excel can show me where in this 35000 line sheet the problem exists, I dont want to repeatedly get this message. It effectively prevents me from using the file. Simply do a find (Ctrl+F) Look for "0" Under options, look at values, and match entire cell contents. -- Best Regards, Luke M *Remember to click "yes" if this post helped you!* "jlrosner" wrote: > Somewhere in a very large file...

error when reinstalling XP Pro
thHi, I have a Dell Latitude D620. That was having some issues with ethernet and wireless connections. Nothing really found as fas as malware or viruses, without updates of course. I tried to do a windows repair from the XP CD and right when it shows starting windows to choose repair or install windows I get a blue screen with the error... PCI.SYS-address F76130BF base at F76000000 Date stamp 3B7D855C. I tried a few times and even set the BIOS to minimal. Then I pulled the hard drive out and connected to another laptop using a usb cradle, formated the drive and put it back in th...

Need help for multiple entries
Hi I want to be able to put say the letter A in column A-1 but want a formula that wil also put the same letter A in like 6 more times for instance B-2, C-3, D-4, E-5,F-6,G-7. All with just the one entry in A-1. Thanks Karl Karl Put this formula in all the cells you want to match your input cell. In this case A1. =A1 Now when you enter anything into A1 it will show up in all cells that have your formula Mike Rogers "Karl" wrote: > Hi I want to be able to put say the letter A in column A-1 but want a formula > that wil also put the same letter A in...

Outlook 2002 Error 0x80042109
I am unable to send or receive messages. Having spoken to my service provider at length (1 hour)- Blueyonder, it has been established that there is nothing wrong with the server, or the account and the other PC networked with mine can send and receive messages (it has Outlook 2000). My Webmail works. Triple checked the Norton anti-virus set up. No problems there. Finally advised, as last resort, to consult Microsoft. How do I resolve this? Thanks Caroline ...

Permissions error when offline
Hello - I have a user who when he goes offline with his CRM data he cannot access some parts of the CRM system. So he has all of his Contacts, Accounts, Leads, Opportunities, etc. synced. When he is offline, he can go into Contacts and Leads no problem. When he goes into Accounts or Opportunities, he gets an error that states, the 'the user either does not have access or does not have permissions'. This user does have permissions/security to these areas. He can view them just fine when working online. Any ideas? I'm having the same issue with one user. Has anyone fou...