Y-Error Bars - only need one

I am having trouble putting a y-error bar on one data
point in my series.  Excel wants to add error bars to all
points (bars) in the series.  Is there a way to do this?
Thanks.
0
anonymous (74718)

Hi Diana,

To get error bars on a single bar you can use the Custom +/- reference
boxes on the Error bar tabs. Use this to get your values from worksheets
  cells.
Obviously within the cells are zero values for all but the bar your want.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

lose text formatting when copy text from one cell to another
I have a case where a single cell has a bunch of text in it. Some of the text is in red. Some is in blue. When, I select and copy portions of text from the cell and paste into the middle of another cell, I lose the color and other text formatting. The key here is that I'm only selecting a PORTION of the text in a cell and then trying to paste this portion into the middle of the text in another cell. If I copy an entire cell and paste it in to another whole cell, the formatting is not lost. It seems that Excel really dumbs down, formatting-wise, when I'm cutting and pasting PORTIO...

Unusual Y Axis Scale Question
I am trying to create what is referred to in the medical literature as a "reciprocal creatine curve." The data is rather simple -- just serum creatinine values (Y-axis) over time (X-axis), but the Y-axis scale is quite unusual. The scale is not linear and it's not logarithmic. It's a scale in which the values appear to constantly accelerate. Thus, the distance between 1 and 2 is greater than the distance between 2 and 3, the distance between 2 and 3 is greater than the distance between 3 and 4, etc. Toward the very top of the Y-axis the incremental distance between values be...

runtime error 1004 method range of object '_global failed
I receive this error when i run this macro from Excel 2000 spanish version, but no when i run in english version? Public Function gf_CopyPasteData(s_range As String, s_range2 As String, i_start_sheet_index As Integer, i_end_sheet_index As Integer) As Integer 'copies data from sheet one sheet to another sheet If CInt(Range(s_range).Count) = CInt(Range(s_range2).Count) Then Sheets(i_start_sheet_index).Select Range(s_range).Select Selection.Copy Sheets(i_end_sheet_index).Select Range(s_range2).Select ActiveSheet.Paste 'valid...

Several (x, y) coordinated lines on one graph
I am trying to plot for the general (x, y) coordinated dataset. For example, Series A (1, 50) (8, 90) (10, 300) (300, 500) Series B (3, 80) (400, 90) Series C (30, 80) (200, 120) and so on. The data is store on single worksheet Series Name x coordinate y coordinate A 1 50 A 8 90 A 10 300 A 300 500 B 3 80 B ...

Compile Error #2
I am currently using Excel 2002. I was given a file, apparently created in Excel 2003. When I try to access the file I get the following message: Compile error: Can't find project or library The developer believes this error is coming up because 2002 doesn't have the same "libraries" as 2003 and that I need to upgrade to 2003. Any suggestions? Thanks for any help. Does the file you have been given contain VBA code? If so, then it would seem that the original creator has 'referenced' another project or library in it. To explain, when this sheet has been create...

how to define scroll bar's page size value?
Hi all, I have a confusion about calculating scroll bar's page size. In my application, I am drawing an image according to scroll bar position. m_iGeneratedImgWidth - Width size of the image (this value is always bigger) rect.right - Width of the drawing area. how to define scroll bar's page size value? SCROLLINFO info; info.cbSize = sizeof(SCROLLINFO); info.fMask = SIF_RANGE|SIF_PAGE|SIF_POS; info.nPos = 0; info.nMin = 0; info.nMax = m_iGeneratedImgWidth - rect.right; info.nPage = ? In my OnHScrollBar() function, for SB_PAGELEFT / SB_PAG...

error with code
Hi, I have a code but I get an error because of another piece of code I have in the workbook, here is the code I am using just now: Sub ApplyStock() Dim strPrompt As String Dim intbuttons As Integer Dim strTitle As String strPrompt = "WARNING!! This action will reset all stock cards and apply new stock numbers" & vbNewLine & "" & vbNewLine & "The screen will flicker for a period" & vbNewLine & "" & vbNewLine & "This action cannot be undone are you sure you want to continue?" ...

Integration Manager
Hello, I'm needing to clean up our Integration Manager by changing the object source paths from a scattered mess of mapped drives to UNC paths. Is there is a way to query for a list of the integrations and their paths so I know which need to be updated? Thank you. Not really, but you can click on the Objects button and select Source Adapters and check each source adapter there. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com "Nick&quo...

OLE notes for sales order attaches to more than one order
I am attaching an OLE note to a sales order. After I do this, the note appears on about 10 different sales orders at the same time. If you delete the note from any of the orders, it deletes it from all of the orders. Order numbers are not sequential, not the same customers, not the same sales batch, etc. I can't see any common factor in this particular group of orders. We have been running GP 7.5 for about three years, and never had a problem with notes until recently. The note index value is the same in SOP10100. There is a knowledgebase article on how to update the notes mas...

tengo Outlook 2007, envia y recibe cada 3 min
tengo varias cuentas configuradas y cada 3 o 4 minutos esta "enviado o recibiendo". como puedo controlar el envio y recepcion a un periodo programado? en la pestaña de configuracion tiene cada 30 min. el enviar y recibir Usted repeta la pregunta en ingles, por favor? -- Debby Hanoka dhanoka@live.com "Mito" <Mito@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:814ABBE2-3A5B-47E5-8D1F-BEE5F9F36B97@microsoft.com... > tengo varias cuentas configuradas y cada 3 o 4 minutos esta > "enviado o > recibiendo". > > como p...

need L4561403.CAB
I am trying to back up my address book for my Outlook express so that I can use it at the office and it says that it can not because it is missing L4561403.CAB. Please help!! -- Janice6000 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Janice6000's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/162701.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/windows-xp-support/1280861.htm http://forums.techarena.in That file is not part of Outlook Express..it has to do with Microsoft Office, of which Outlook Express is not a part of. "Janic...

Rule error meesage
I am using Oulook 2002 (SP3) I have one server based rule to rediret all internal email to my PDA. Now everytime I launch Outlook I recieve the following message: "You are creating a rule that will be incompatible with versions of Outlook earlier than Outlook 2000. If you create this rule, you cannot use your rules with Outlook 98 and earlier versions. For more information, search for help on "Upgrading Rules". Are you sure you want to create this rule?" I select yes and it goes away until, 1) I close Outlook and reopen it, or 2) until I go into the Rules Wizard. T...

Coordinate secondary y axis to primary y axis
Is it possible to coordinate the secondary y axis on a chart so that the maximum value is always 72 times the max value on the primary y axis? The primary y axis plots hours of work and the secondary y axis plots $$. When the chart updates, we want to ensure that the maximum on the secondary axis is equal to 72 times the maixum on the primary. I have been searching but cannot find anything on this. Thanks, Hi, Only way to have the maximum value be exactly 72 times is to set it via code. This shows you how to link it to a cell. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AxisScaleLinkToSheet.htm...

separate contents of one cell into multiple cells
Hi ! Is there a way to separate a content in one cell into mutiple cels?? I have this: Portugal,KM25,2,euros,2002 what I=B4m looking for is separate all this between comma like Portugal in one cell km25 in other cell 2 in other and so. Thanks Horacio Try Text to column under Data (2003) using coma as the delimiter. HTH Regards, Howard "Horacio" <h.anastacio@gmail.com> wrote in message news:61d06312-3aee-45da-9bb0-72ef25430fe7@a32g2000yqm.googlegroups.com... Hi ! Is there a way to separate a content in one cell into mutiple cels?? I have t...

Host Unreachable error
Folks, I have one domain that I cannot send email to. Email sits in the queue until it times out. The only error is "Host Unreachable" yet I can ping and trace the site... Any ideas on where to look? Thanks, Ed If you host your own dns - try deleting the domain's dns records that is coming up unreachable. I had the same problem on NT 4.0 with exchange 5.5. Then restart you IMS. ...

Correction needed in Copy File code
Hi all, I have code below which i got from a friend on this group. it works fine but only thing i am getting is that even i mentioned that i want only those files to be copied which have extention ".xls" in the below code line " Dim files = From f In Directory.GetFiles(sourceDir, "*.xls", subdirsOption) Where ((New FileInfo(f).Attributes) And FileAttributes.Hidden) = 0 Select f " but it still copies all the other extention excel files as well like (".xlsm , xlsx etc..). Please can any friend can help that how can i resolve it. I just want below c...

query issues
I am having trouble figuring something out and hoping someone out there might be able to help. I have built an Access database for a hospital education department to track education activities that employees have taken and/or need to take. I have built into the structure a means of requiring a specific job code to take a specific activity, or employees from a specific department to take an activity. I have tables set up - Employee, JobCodes, Depts, JC_Requirements, and Dept_Requirements. Each employee has a Dept_Num and a JC_Num. These fields are linked to the Dept and JC tables. Each ta...

Microsoft Money 2005 error message
Hi, I've installed Money 2005 on Vista Ultimate and am receiving the following message: "an update is available for your money software. To install this update you must be logged on as a member of the administrator group. Log off Windows and then log back on as a member of the Administrators group to install the update. For more information see Windows help." My account is a member of the administrators group but it still fails to install the update. Any help would be appreciated. Kevin. In microsoft.public.money, Kholmes1 wrote: > > >I've installed Money ...

tick marks on all 4 sides of an x-y chart
I need to display my x-y chart with tick marks on all 4 sides but scale values only on the left hand side and the bottom axis. Is this possible and if so how do I do it Hi, Hopefully a combination of these 2 will help. http://www.andypope.info/tips/tip005.htm http://www.andypope.info/tips/tip008.htm Cheers Andy mickey wrote: > I need to display my x-y chart with tick marks on all 4 sides but scale > values only on the left hand side and the bottom axis. Is this possible and > if so how do I do it -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

Finding Dups in one column then delete leaving one
I have a list of Vendor numbers in Column A, I need to find the duplicates that are in column A then delete the duplicates but leave one. How and where do I write the formula for this? If you are using Excel 2007, select column A, then select Remove Duplicates on the Data ribbon. In Excel 2003 & earlier, use 2 helper (empty) columns on the sheet that has the duplicates. Enter this formula in row 1 in one helper column: =Row() Enter this formula in row 1 in the other helper column: =IF(COUNTIF($A$1:$A1,A1)>1,0,1) Copy these two cells down through the last row o...

Formula Pop Up Error Msgs
Hi, This should be an easy one. I want to display an error message when the cell that has the speed formula (Miles / Hours) exceeds 515 mph or is below 440 mph. I have not had success with the data validation route. With IF statements I can get error messages in the cell, but I’d really like and error dialog box to pop up so the user is forced to correct the error or give rational for the unusual speed. I’m a novice that doesn’t know VBA, so I pretty much need step by step instructions. Thanks In Advance, With Validation, you could use: Allow: Custom Formula: =AND(A1>=4...

Runtime errors Ac2007 more of same
Is there something microsoft is not telling us about making a runtime file? Like a lot oif people asking for help, I get constant shutdowns from runtime errors. I have tried everything recommended on this site and others except mztools. A consistent recommendation seems to be to put in error handling with your code. I have, but the runtime version still shuts down on runtime errors. Am I missing something. My error handling looks like this: Private Sub Distance_AfterUpdate() On Error GoTo Distance_AfterUpdate_Err My code that works fine in regular accdb or accde Dist...

Task 'Job Mail
I get the error when i execute a send/receive..Task 'Job Mail - Sending' reported error (0x80040201) : 'Unknown Error 0x80040201' and can't make it go away, but the mail seems to work ok ...

x y axis swap
Can anybody tell me how to swap the x & y axis? Hi Chris, 1)Right click in the Chart Area (the white border on the chart) 2)Select he Source Data item from the popup menu 3)Open the Series tab 4)Note the item X-value ....Sheet1$A$10...<red thing> Click the red thing, select the read x-values with mouse, click the red thing again OR carefully type the correct cell references for the x-values 5) Repeat step 4 for y-values. Note you can do the same thing while making the chart: follow instructions 3 and 4 at Step 2 of Chart Wizard Best wishes Bernard "Chris" <cscultho...

Error
When I try to post an invoice, I get an error Unhandled script exception: Illegal address for field '[Not Found]' in script 'InvoiceHasReturns'. Script terminated. What does it mean? If I try to post the same invoice by logging into a different user id, it works correctly. What is the problem? What should I do to make it work for the other id too? This occurs after SQL server 2000 is upgraded to 2005. And SP 4a is installed for GP v8. Please clarify. I would create a new user ID and have the user use the new one instead of the old. It's the easiest thing to do, a...