y axis problems in chart

no matter what data i have entered on the chart datasheet, i keep getting
unrelated nonsence #s on the y axis
0
gbl (1)

OL 2003 Problem
I just installed Office 2003. Outlook seemed ok last night and properly imported contacts, rules etc. However today it will only start in safe mode and that's after a reboot. I repaired and still no help. Down on the right of screen there is a outlook icon when I click on it says something about exchange , but I have it installed on a single computer and connect direct to internet. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. David Are you sure you didn't select an exchnage server also? What message does it display? Marc "David" <rdavid47@nospam.sympatico.ca> ...

problem upgrading file 2001 to 2002
I transferred a money 2001.mny file from my desktop with windows 98se to my new laptop with windows xp. I loaded money 2002 and am trying to update the file and I keep getting an error saying that money can't locate the file or that the file is "read only" file or I don't have permission to change it or that the disk drive is write protected. I check the files properties and it is not write protected. What gives???? Yes, I still keep getting the same error. "Bob Peel, MVP" <Bob_Peel@kiandra.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message news:eTME1JlWDHA.1480@tk2msftn...

Unusual Y Axis Scale Question
I am trying to create what is referred to in the medical literature as a "reciprocal creatine curve." The data is rather simple -- just serum creatinine values (Y-axis) over time (X-axis), but the Y-axis scale is quite unusual. The scale is not linear and it's not logarithmic. It's a scale in which the values appear to constantly accelerate. Thus, the distance between 1 and 2 is greater than the distance between 2 and 3, the distance between 2 and 3 is greater than the distance between 3 and 4, etc. Toward the very top of the Y-axis the incremental distance between values be...

tengo Outlook 2007, envia y recibe cada 3 min
tengo varias cuentas configuradas y cada 3 o 4 minutos esta "enviado o recibiendo". como puedo controlar el envio y recepcion a un periodo programado? en la pestaña de configuracion tiene cada 30 min. el enviar y recibir Usted repeta la pregunta en ingles, por favor? -- Debby Hanoka dhanoka@live.com "Mito" <Mito@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:814ABBE2-3A5B-47E5-8D1F-BEE5F9F36B97@microsoft.com... > tengo varias cuentas configuradas y cada 3 o 4 minutos esta > "enviado o > recibiendo". > > como p...

SetClipboardViewer Problem
I have used SetClipboardViewer to monitor the clipboard. The documentation said that I need to pass the message when I get WM_DRAWCLIPBOARD, WM_DESTROY and WM_CHANGECBCHAIN. However, I don't know how to pass that. For example, void CMyDlg::OnChangeCbChain(HWND hWndRemove, HWND hWndAfter) { CDialog::OnChangeCbChain(hWndRemove, hWndAfter); } Have the OnChangeCbChain function of the Base Class CDialog done that for me? Or do I need to do that myself? In my situtation, the clipboard doesn't contain any text after I copy a text. I think the program has some problems of passing the mess...

Problem importing Data into Outlook 2002 from 2003.
I'm hoping that someone out there has had this problem and can help me out. I did a backup on my other computer by exporting the data from Outlook 2003 to a file, then formatted the harddrive and am trying to import it into Outlook 2002 on a different computer and I get the following error: "The file Backup01262004.pst is not compatible with this version of the Personal Folders information service. Contact your administrator." Is there a utility or something that I can use to restore the file? Thank you in advance. Rich Previous versions of Outlook cannot read 2003's n...

Routing Group connector problem
Hi everybody i have a strange problem in Exchange 2003 i have a single domain that is scattered accros 2 sites, Site A and Site B, in each site i have an exchange 2003 server. In Site A, i have exch1 and in site B i have exch2. Each site have a domain controller that is a global catalog, all servers are Windows 2003, and the domain is working in the Windows Server2003 mode, Exchange is working in native mode. The exchange servers are installed on member servers not on the domain controllers. My problem is as follow, after i setup a routing group connector to be able to send emails bet...

Several (x, y) coordinated lines on one graph
I am trying to plot for the general (x, y) coordinated dataset. For example, Series A (1, 50) (8, 90) (10, 300) (300, 500) Series B (3, 80) (400, 90) Series C (30, 80) (200, 120) and so on. The data is store on single worksheet Series Name x coordinate y coordinate A 1 50 A 8 90 A 10 300 A 300 500 B 3 80 B ...

macro problem with Word 2001
Whenever I attach a Word 2001 document to an email and send it to someone using PC, the PC user's computer interprets the macros as a virus. How can I a) disable macros on Word or b) send it in a way that the PC will not interpret it as a virus? Thanks for any help Hi Unless you are intentionally making Word documents with Macros it is almost certain that you are indeed sending documents that have a virus. If your Word documents are supposed to have macros, then your audience needs to adjust the security settings on their computer in Word (Tools > Options > Security > Ma...

problem with bitmap and ExtFloodFill
Hello, I have a formular, in the background a CStatic with an bitmap. Some area of the bitmap I want to change the color. In the 'OnPaint'-method I use 'pdc.ExtFloodFill(x, y, cr, FLOODFILLSURFACE) ' to change the color of all the pixels with color 'cr' to the new color of the current brush. If the whole frame is repaint - anything is OK. Problem: If only a part of the colored area is repaint - the coloring is OK, if 'x, y' is part of the repaint area otherwise not. In which way I can expand the 'pdc.m_ps.rcPaint' to the whole client area ? S...

Linked Excel Charts
I am trying to create multiple reports with the same format, but differing data for the charts. I wrote VBA in excel to hit the SQL database with my parameters, and create my charts so I don't have to do it by hand hundreds of times a year. Now, I'm trying to lay the reports out in Publisher 2007 and have the charts linked to Excel (2007) so I can update the charts instead of copying and pasting every chart when it is updated in Excel. However, I can only paste the excel chart in as a picture (PNG) when using 'paste special' instead of pasting it with a link. I have ...

2007: Can't set axis max by date
I am finding in 2007 that if i go to the "format axis" dialog, and for "max" put a date, like "5/1/07", this will not format the axis with that as the maximum. I have to [correctly] translate it to the serial number for the date (in this case 39203) and enter that value into the dialog. In previous versions, one could just enter the date in this dialog and the chart axis was correctly formatted with the date value that you entered directly into the dialog as the correct max for the axis [with no need to translate to serial number for that date]. Is this ...

Problem with TOC using various TOC styles in the same table (Wrd20
Hello, I'm having a weird problem with the table of contents. I have been editing a long document and am regularly updating the TOC. I have just noticed that the spaces between the lines were various in the TOC and thus used the style inspector to find out why. It appeared that TOC 1, TOC 2, TOC 3, TOC 4...styles were all there in the TOC. I have no idea why, I'm creating the TOC repeatedly, removing or replacing the previous one and when creating, I'm choosing TOC 1 as the style but when the TOC is inserted, the problem is the same. Single space here, 1.5 space th...

tick marks on all 4 sides of an x-y chart
I need to display my x-y chart with tick marks on all 4 sides but scale values only on the left hand side and the bottom axis. Is this possible and if so how do I do it Hi, Hopefully a combination of these 2 will help. http://www.andypope.info/tips/tip005.htm http://www.andypope.info/tips/tip008.htm Cheers Andy mickey wrote: > I need to display my x-y chart with tick marks on all 4 sides but scale > values only on the left hand side and the bottom axis. Is this possible and > if so how do I do it -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

Colour Palette Problem
When I click on the colour palette, the red option has be replaced with grey. When I hover over the new grey it does say that it should be red. This problem occurs randomly, but the wrong colour once there will stay untill I reboot. I use a lot of spreadsheet during the day, some of these have been created by other people. My assumption is that within one of the spreadsheets, there is some VBA code that changes the colour pallete. Does anyone else suffer the same problem? Is my assumption valid? Can anyone advise me on this problem? Many Thanks, Simon ...

SUMIF Problem
Hi Need some help please. I have a spreadsheet that looks like the following: Quarter % Prod A Prod B Prod C Q4 75% 1 2 1 Q4 50% 2 1 1 etc, etc I need to add up all those products in a cetain at a certain % So far I can do do a SUMIF to get all those in PROD A in Q4 but I can't get the % I need. SUMIF (Range,Q4,Range) need SUMIF (Range,Q4 & 75%,Range) Is it possible? Thanks -- Steve R Hi Steve use SUMPRODUCT =SUMPRODUCT(--(range="Q4"),--(range=75%),range) see ht...

Money/IE 6 Problem
Long story... I tried to install a DSL "Help Center" from Bellsouth and lost the ability to open Money because of an issue with Internet Explorer v6. The error message states "Money requires some components of internet explorer 6 to function properly. Please reinstall internet explorer 6 so these components can be added." I have reinstalled IE6 from the Microsoft Website and the MS Money Installation Disk with no success. I've tried to unistall Money 2004 and I get a "key" error stating that I may not have access to the key file. I need help, has an...

Barcode Print (preview) Problem
When I click on Label Wizard select an Item and select a Label Format my generic preview looks fine (of course it has the actual field names opposed to the field values), but then when I click on next and finish my Print Preview window's formatting is way off (it's compressed on the left halve side and only the top halve of the label is showing). Then when I click on either the Change Printer or Change Page Properties icon and click on Ok (without making any changes at all) the print preview problem is corrected. Does/did anybody else have this problem? Any suggestions? Alex ...

Coordinate secondary y axis to primary y axis
Is it possible to coordinate the secondary y axis on a chart so that the maximum value is always 72 times the max value on the primary y axis? The primary y axis plots hours of work and the secondary y axis plots $$. When the chart updates, we want to ensure that the maximum on the secondary axis is equal to 72 times the maixum on the primary. I have been searching but cannot find anything on this. Thanks, Hi, Only way to have the maximum value be exactly 72 times is to set it via code. This shows you how to link it to a cell. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AxisScaleLinkToSheet.htm...

Problems saving to my flash drive
Very recently, whenever I try saving to my use flash drive from Publisher, I get the message ' The directory or File cannot be created'. How do I solve this problem? Save to your hard drive, copy to the flash... -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com <deborah_timbrel@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1141918367.109358.280230@j33g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Very recently, whenever I try saving to my use flash drive from > Publisher, I get the message ' The directory or File cannot be > created&#...

Outlook problem continued....
Hello Mr. Schorr. Sorry to respond like this but this is exactly my problem, i cannot respond in other mails only make new ones :) And my version of OE is 6.00.2800.1160 (xpsp1) When i look at that about screen i notice that the Csapi3t1.dll file don't have a version number, and it should be in C:\ but there is no file there, tried to use show all files in Total Commander and nope, it's not there.....just did a search for the file and found it in. C:\programs\MSN\MSNcorefiles\csapi3t1.dll Is it an important file since it showed up in the about screen of OE? Or maybe im just on th...

x y axis swap
Can anybody tell me how to swap the x & y axis? Hi Chris, 1)Right click in the Chart Area (the white border on the chart) 2)Select he Source Data item from the popup menu 3)Open the Series tab 4)Note the item X-value ....Sheet1$A$10...<red thing> Click the red thing, select the read x-values with mouse, click the red thing again OR carefully type the correct cell references for the x-values 5) Repeat step 4 for y-values. Note you can do the same thing while making the chart: follow instructions 3 and 4 at Step 2 of Chart Wizard Best wishes Bernard "Chris" <cscultho...

word 2010 beta problems
I have been recently invited to participate in Office 2010 beta and I am having probs with word 2010 beta...Always at open, it encounters an error and has to close. All the other office programs work just fine! (outlook, access, excel etc all ok) On the top bar it does show word fails validation, all the other programs validate just fine....I have tried the repair option, completely removed all office products, run tools like CCleaner, complete reinstall and revalidate and fully updated MS updates and of course needed reboots. I am running XP Pro SP3 But I still have the s...

SB_THUMBTRACK Problem
Hi guys, I'm having a problem. Here is code: // my override for the CWnd-derived class void CTileMapWnd::OnVScroll(UINT nSBCode,UINT nPos,CScrollBar* pScrollBar) { // skipped the other nSBCodes for this example BOOL bRedraw=FALSE; if(nSBCode == SB_THUMBTRACK){ m_curPos=(int)nPos; bRedraw=TRUE; } // redraw if(bRedraw){ SetScrollPos(SB_VERT,m_curPos); Invalidate(); UpdateWindow(); } // extra question: do I gotta call this ? // CWnd::OnVScroll(nSBCode,nPos,pScrollBar); } Alright, the problem happens when nPos hits that 32,000~ integer maximum value. But in Win 32 are...

X-Y gridded data into columns
Hello. I have datasets exported from map data as large grids (1024x768). I want to transform them into 3 long (>768000 rows) columns, with X, Y, and the value from the grid. Example: B A A C D A C C D to be put into: X Y value 1 1 B 2 1 A 3 1 A 1 2 C 2 2 D 3 2 A 1 3 C 2 3 C 3 3 D Can anyone help? On Sun, 15 Nov 2009 11:22:52 -0800 (PST), CM <schrader23@gmail.com> wrote: >Hello. I have datasets exported from map data as large grids >(1024x768). I want to transform them into 3 long (>768000 rows) >columns, with X, Y, and the value from the ...