Y-Axis maximum based on data range

How can I make Excel to choose the maximum value on the Y-
axis to chart to be based on the maximum value in the data
range? In other words, if the maximum value in my data
range (for Y-axis) is 14%, then I want the Y-axis maximum
value to be automatically set at 14% on the chart. Again,
since the values in the data range may change, I want the
maximum value to be chosen dynamically.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jay
0
anonymous (74717)

Hi Jay

have a look at
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ConditionalChart1.html

Frank

Jay wrote:
> How can I make Excel to choose the maximum value on the Y-
> axis to chart to be based on the maximum value in the data
> range? In other words, if the maximum value in my data
> range (for Y-axis) is 14%, then I want the Y-axis maximum
> value to be automatically set at 14% on the chart. Again,
> since the values in the data range may change, I want the
> maximum value to be chosen dynamically.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Jay

0
frank.kabel (11126)
1/13/2004 5:26:50 PM
The only way to change the min/max values of a chart automatically is
with a programmatic solution.  Search the google.com archives of this
newsgroup for code on the subject.  For a readymade solution, check the
'AutoChart Manager' add-in, available from my web site.

--
Regards,

Tushar Mehta, MS MVP -- Excel
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions

In article <021001c3d9f9$73a652f0$a101280a@phx.gbl>,
anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com says...
> How can I make Excel to choose the maximum value on the Y-
> axis to chart to be based on the maximum value in the data
> range? In other words, if the maximum value in my data
> range (for Y-axis) is 14%, then I want the Y-axis maximum
> value to be automatically set at 14% on the chart. Again,
> since the values in the data range may change, I want the
> maximum value to be chosen dynamically.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Jay

Actually, that page won't help, but this one describes the process which
Tushar's addin does automatically:

  http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AxisScaleLinkToSheet.html

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
http://PeltierTech.com/Excel/Charts/
_______

Frank Kabel wrote:
> Hi Jay
>
> have a look at
> http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ConditionalChart1.html
>
> Frank
>
> Jay wrote:
>
>>How can I make Excel to choose the maximum value on the Y-
>>axis to chart to be based on the maximum value in the data
>>range? In other words, if the maximum value in my data
>>range (for Y-axis) is 14%, then I want the Y-axis maximum
>>value to be automatically set at 14% on the chart. Again,
>>since the values in the data range may change, I want the
>>maximum value to be chosen dynamically.
>>
>>Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>>
>>Thanks,
>>Jay

Linking data from worksheet to worksheet
I have the first page of my workbook as my summary page. I then have 50 other worksheets that have individual data on them. How do I create a template (if you can) for the worksheets to tie their data into the main summary page. For example: I want to publish the following example data from each of the worksheets to the summary page: Project # Project Name Contract Amount Location How is your data in other sheets layout look like? -- Hope this help Please click the Yes button below if this post have helped in your needs Thank You cheers, francis &qu...

runtime error 1004 method range of object '_global failed
I receive this error when i run this macro from Excel 2000 spanish version, but no when i run in english version? Public Function gf_CopyPasteData(s_range As String, s_range2 As String, i_start_sheet_index As Integer, i_end_sheet_index As Integer) As Integer 'copies data from sheet one sheet to another sheet If CInt(Range(s_range).Count) = CInt(Range(s_range2).Count) Then Sheets(i_start_sheet_index).Select Range(s_range).Select Selection.Copy Sheets(i_end_sheet_index).Select Range(s_range2).Select ActiveSheet.Paste 'valid...

Unusual Y Axis Scale Question
I am trying to create what is referred to in the medical literature as a "reciprocal creatine curve." The data is rather simple -- just serum creatinine values (Y-axis) over time (X-axis), but the Y-axis scale is quite unusual. The scale is not linear and it's not logarithmic. It's a scale in which the values appear to constantly accelerate. Thus, the distance between 1 and 2 is greater than the distance between 2 and 3, the distance between 2 and 3 is greater than the distance between 3 and 4, etc. Toward the very top of the Y-axis the incremental distance between values be...

Charting Data Series vs. Data Points?
If I am trying to chart a single row of data appearing in 600 columns, is this data in 600 data points, which is chartable, or is it 600 series, which is not chartable? I have divided the data between three worksheets due to worksheet limitations of 256 columns, but I have not been able to create a single chart line for data extending over the three worksheets. Tommy wrote on Tue, 29 Nov 2005 07:31:06 -0800: TZ> If I am trying to chart a single row of data appearing in TZ> 600 columns, is this data in 600 data points, which is TZ> chartable, or is it 600 series, which is no...

Is there a maximum number of users that can share an Outlook calen
I have 4 users sharing my Outlook calendar, I cannot see how to remove users, and wondered if there was a maximum as I cannot seem to add more users? Are you using Delegates or the permissions tab on the properties dialog? If there is a real limit, its well above 4 - I know of sites where thousands have permission to view a calendar. There is a practical limit for managing individual users but this can be worked around by giving permission to security groups. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Cent...

Hive base registry problem
Hi, I work with Plaform Builder CE 5.0. My image works fine booting from HD/DOM. My image can see the hard-disk so HDProfile and file system are configurated Now I need to have a persistent registry. I add from catalog the Hive base registry. I rebuilt the image but this image dosen't boot. do I need to set other BSP_xxx ? Thanks Ruggero Bandera .. On 3/29/2010 9:55 AM, Ruggero Bandera wrote: > Hi, > > I work with Plaform Builder CE 5.0. > My image works fine booting from HD/DOM. > My image can see the hard-disk so HDProfile and file system are...

Attach Rows with Row Data
I am trying to sort by Data/Time in a Column, but if I sort by Date/Time, Just that changes, the other columns don't change with it. How can I either LOCK or ATTACH the Rpw data together so when I sort, Everything changes, not just the Date/Time? Thanks Mike Miller Hi just select the entire data range (all columns) prior to sorting your data -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Admiral_Kirk_1" <Admiral_Kirk_1@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:BAFA6FEE-04C3-4AFB-9FA6-CFF7A41224C9@microsoft.com... > I am trying to sort by Data/Time in a ...

EXCEL: Separating data from 1 cell into multiple cells
I have thousands of cells in a report with information that I need to separate into different cells. Ex. one cell: Arch | South | All Points | Extreme I need an automated way to get each of the 4 names separated by "|" into its own cell. Any suggestions? Thanks, Heather (heatherjoslyn@yahoo.com) Hi, Highlight the column, Text to columns, Delimited, next, check only the Other box and copy your | in the box beside it, next, finish "HeatherJ" wrote: > I have thousands of cells in a report with information that I need to > separate in...

tengo Outlook 2007, envia y recibe cada 3 min
tengo varias cuentas configuradas y cada 3 o 4 minutos esta "enviado o recibiendo". como puedo controlar el envio y recepcion a un periodo programado? en la pestaña de configuracion tiene cada 30 min. el enviar y recibir Usted repeta la pregunta en ingles, por favor? -- Debby Hanoka dhanoka@live.com "Mito" <Mito@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:814ABBE2-3A5B-47E5-8D1F-BEE5F9F36B97@microsoft.com... > tengo varias cuentas configuradas y cada 3 o 4 minutos esta > "enviado o > recibiendo". > > como p...

Problem importing Data into Outlook 2002 from 2003.
I'm hoping that someone out there has had this problem and can help me out. I did a backup on my other computer by exporting the data from Outlook 2003 to a file, then formatted the harddrive and am trying to import it into Outlook 2002 on a different computer and I get the following error: "The file Backup01262004.pst is not compatible with this version of the Personal Folders information service. Contact your administrator." Is there a utility or something that I can use to restore the file? Thank you in advance. Rich Previous versions of Outlook cannot read 2003's n...

Several (x, y) coordinated lines on one graph
I am trying to plot for the general (x, y) coordinated dataset. For example, Series A (1, 50) (8, 90) (10, 300) (300, 500) Series B (3, 80) (400, 90) Series C (30, 80) (200, 120) and so on. The data is store on single worksheet Series Name x coordinate y coordinate A 1 50 A 8 90 A 10 300 A 300 500 B 3 80 B ...

tick marks on all 4 sides of an x-y chart
I need to display my x-y chart with tick marks on all 4 sides but scale values only on the left hand side and the bottom axis. Is this possible and if so how do I do it Hi, Hopefully a combination of these 2 will help. http://www.andypope.info/tips/tip005.htm http://www.andypope.info/tips/tip008.htm Cheers Andy mickey wrote: > I need to display my x-y chart with tick marks on all 4 sides but scale > values only on the left hand side and the bottom axis. Is this possible and > if so how do I do it -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

Saving data that is linked from other form
can i ask u another question? I have a form with ItemID and another form with ItemID too. This means this 2 forms are linked based on the ItemID. So, when i want to add record in the second form, i need to type in the itemID again although it is under the same category. So, to make it easier, I put the ItemID linked from the first form and under the control source, i put =Forms!Item!ItemID and it really works.. However, when I want to save the record, all the other item can be saved except that particular ItemID that is being linked from the first form. May I know how to save the data in? Or ...

2007: Can't set axis max by date
I am finding in 2007 that if i go to the "format axis" dialog, and for "max" put a date, like "5/1/07", this will not format the axis with that as the maximum. I have to [correctly] translate it to the serial number for the date (in this case 39203) and enter that value into the dialog. In previous versions, one could just enter the date in this dialog and the chart axis was correctly formatted with the date value that you entered directly into the dialog as the correct max for the axis [with no need to translate to serial number for that date]. Is this ...

Coordinate secondary y axis to primary y axis
Is it possible to coordinate the secondary y axis on a chart so that the maximum value is always 72 times the max value on the primary y axis? The primary y axis plots hours of work and the secondary y axis plots $$. When the chart updates, we want to ensure that the maximum on the secondary axis is equal to 72 times the maixum on the primary. I have been searching but cannot find anything on this. Thanks, Hi, Only way to have the maximum value be exactly 72 times is to set it via code. This shows you how to link it to a cell. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AxisScaleLinkToSheet.htm...

Search/Extract Data w/in Text File
Hello again! I am searching within a text file for the last row within the file. After I locate the row I need to separate the data and place into multiple cells on my worksheet. The code I have is as follows: Dim TextPath As String Dim DelimSrchChar As String Dim METtime As String Dim DataBuffer As Variant Dim NCData As Variant Dim DelimPos As Integer '=============================================== DelimSrchChar = "," TextPath = "C:\Temp\Formatted_NC_SN1008.txt" Open TextPath For Input As #1 'open text file for SN1008 Do While Not EOF(1) ...

Matching 2 sheets with data then display a result
I will try and explain what i am trying accomplish. Trying to create a function where the "New" sheet with no prices on it with different styles of utensils need to match the master "Utensils" sheet (with the cost$) with the same style info but many more styles. Not all styles are on the "New" sheet but need to match the ones in the "Utensils" sheet. The "New" sheet is always updated of course with more or less new styles. How to match the sheets? The final problem, I managed to use a vlookup on another sheet named "Sold" tha...

x y axis swap
Can anybody tell me how to swap the x & y axis? Hi Chris, 1)Right click in the Chart Area (the white border on the chart) 2)Select he Source Data item from the popup menu 3)Open the Series tab 4)Note the item X-value ....Sheet1$A$10...<red thing> Click the red thing, select the read x-values with mouse, click the red thing again OR carefully type the correct cell references for the x-values 5) Repeat step 4 for y-values. Note you can do the same thing while making the chart: follow instructions 3 and 4 at Step 2 of Chart Wizard Best wishes Bernard "Chris" <cscultho...

Graph Data Values
I am trying to create a pick and mix graph that shows forecast spen against actual spend by a selected business area. I somehow want to create a graph on the fly based on the selections fo example: If I choose company one and want to see the contracted data I want th graph to pick up the forcasted contracted Labour, Passthru and Othe and show the combined contracted actuals; See attached; and if i then choose company 2 then graph will pick up the releven ranges? HELP!! Attachment filename: help.zip Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachmen...

I am looking for a network based CRM program for the Mac
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3175770517_552777 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit Hi, Can anyone supply me with more info on a CRM program for the Mac, that can work on a network? Unfortunately CRM4Mac doesn�t support Entourage as well. Many thanks, JC --B_3175770517_552777 Content-type: text/html; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: quoted-printable <HTML> <HEAD> <TITLE>I am loo...

X-Y gridded data into columns
Hello. I have datasets exported from map data as large grids (1024x768). I want to transform them into 3 long (>768000 rows) columns, with X, Y, and the value from the grid. Example: B A A C D A C C D to be put into: X Y value 1 1 B 2 1 A 3 1 A 1 2 C 2 2 D 3 2 A 1 3 C 2 3 C 3 3 D Can anyone help? On Sun, 15 Nov 2009 11:22:52 -0800 (PST), CM <schrader23@gmail.com> wrote: >Hello. I have datasets exported from map data as large grids >(1024x768). I want to transform them into 3 long (>768000 rows) >columns, with X, Y, and the value from the ...

Data Fields Changing
I have a Master Table in a Master DB linked to a few sub databases. The input forms (to update Master table) are in the sub databases based on queries also in the sub db's. The field names in the Master table change names occasionally. Is there an efficient way to update code in modules, forms, and control/fields in the form(s) when the fields change in the Master table. I can update the control source/fields in the form for the new fld names - but I noticed the old/previous field names still in the dropdown window (at top left of Font window). Also do I have to update a...

Formatting a data series to run value axis to value axis
I am working on a combination chart where two data series are stacked and the third data series is shown as a line chart. What we want is for the data series line is to go from the value axis to the secondary value axis, rather than starting from the first value in the data series to the middle of the last value in the data series. Gap width is grayed out. Is there some way of doing this? I can mail a sample to anyone who wants to see an example of what I'm talking about. I did a quick look in Google Groups but I didn't see anything that looked like it applied. I appreciate any help y...

series w/ named range not shown when reopen chart
My workbook has two sheets: the data on "Sheet4" and a chart sheet "Chart1" that refers to data on "Sheet4". The chart has three series. Two series use absolute cell references, one uses a named range which defines a dynamic block of data (cells containing data from L7 down), so the range name is defined as =OFFSET(Sheet4!$L $7,0,0,COUNTA(Sheet4!$L7:$L65536),1). The chart works just fine, until I save and close the workbook and then try to reopen it. When I reopen, the chart doesn't show the series defined with the named range. If I look at the source dat...

Copy filtered data (Values only)
The following code copies filtered data: Set Rng = ActiveSheet.AutoFilter.Range Rng.Copy Destination:=Worksheets("Sheet2").Range("A1") but copies values and formulae. (e.g. .PasteSpecial xlPasteValues) How do I modify to the copy only the values Thanks! Set Rng = ActiveSheet.AutoFilter.Range Rng.Copy Worksheets("Sheet2").Range("A1").PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett@gmail.com "Steve" <Steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5E54D33F-2...