Y Axis Labels #2

I have a chart that is listed weeks against a score, ie:

Week 1         2
Week 2         5
Week 3         1

and so on.  The numbers however refer to a word, ie:

Week 1         2       Bad
Week 2         5       Very Good
Week 3         1       Very Bad

When i chart it i chart against the numbers to make sure it works but i
need the Y-Axis labels to look against the words.  Any ideas?

--
chalky
chalky's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=23758

Unusual Y Axis Scale Question
I am trying to create what is referred to in the medical literature as a "reciprocal creatine curve." The data is rather simple -- just serum creatinine values (Y-axis) over time (X-axis), but the Y-axis scale is quite unusual. The scale is not linear and it's not logarithmic. It's a scale in which the values appear to constantly accelerate. Thus, the distance between 1 and 2 is greater than the distance between 2 and 3, the distance between 2 and 3 is greater than the distance between 3 and 4, etc. Toward the very top of the Y-axis the incremental distance between values be...

tengo Outlook 2007, envia y recibe cada 3 min
tengo varias cuentas configuradas y cada 3 o 4 minutos esta "enviado o recibiendo". como puedo controlar el envio y recepcion a un periodo programado? en la pestaña de configuracion tiene cada 30 min. el enviar y recibir Usted repeta la pregunta en ingles, por favor? -- Debby Hanoka dhanoka@live.com "Mito" <Mito@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:814ABBE2-3A5B-47E5-8D1F-BEE5F9F36B97@microsoft.com... > tengo varias cuentas configuradas y cada 3 o 4 minutos esta > "enviado o > recibiendo". > > como p...

graphics in Publisher #2
When viewing my document in Print Preview, only graphics appear. Does the document print in toto? Have you gone to the manufacturer's web site of your printer model and looked around for an updated driver? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "cmeeker" <cmeeker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B1EF4D42-295C-4BCF-A7D9-97362174FECF@microsoft.com... > When viewing my document in Print Preview, only graphics appear. Yes, the document does print. No, I haven't gone to the printer...

Compile Error #2
I am currently using Excel 2002. I was given a file, apparently created in Excel 2003. When I try to access the file I get the following message: Compile error: Can't find project or library The developer believes this error is coming up because 2002 doesn't have the same "libraries" as 2003 and that I need to upgrade to 2003. Any suggestions? Thanks for any help. Does the file you have been given contain VBA code? If so, then it would seem that the original creator has 'referenced' another project or library in it. To explain, when this sheet has been create...

Several (x, y) coordinated lines on one graph
I am trying to plot for the general (x, y) coordinated dataset. For example, Series A (1, 50) (8, 90) (10, 300) (300, 500) Series B (3, 80) (400, 90) Series C (30, 80) (200, 120) and so on. The data is store on single worksheet Series Name x coordinate y coordinate A 1 50 A 8 90 A 10 300 A 300 500 B 3 80 B ...

tick marks on all 4 sides of an x-y chart
I need to display my x-y chart with tick marks on all 4 sides but scale values only on the left hand side and the bottom axis. Is this possible and if so how do I do it Hi, Hopefully a combination of these 2 will help. http://www.andypope.info/tips/tip005.htm http://www.andypope.info/tips/tip008.htm Cheers Andy mickey wrote: > I need to display my x-y chart with tick marks on all 4 sides but scale > values only on the left hand side and the bottom axis. Is this possible and > if so how do I do it -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

Line breaks #2
Using Outlook 2003....my problem is all the text runs together and the lines don't break in the proper place. Does anyone have any ideas???? Thanks in advance.... RMP RMP <rmp@fourthr-ohio.com> wrote: > Using Outlook 2003....my problem is all the text runs together and > the lines don't break in the proper place. Does anyone have any > ideas???? Do you have Tools>Options>E-mail Options>Remove extra line breaks in plain text messages selected? -- Brian Tillman ...

2007: Can't set axis max by date
I am finding in 2007 that if i go to the "format axis" dialog, and for "max" put a date, like "5/1/07", this will not format the axis with that as the maximum. I have to [correctly] translate it to the serial number for the date (in this case 39203) and enter that value into the dialog. In previous versions, one could just enter the date in this dialog and the chart axis was correctly formatted with the date value that you entered directly into the dialog as the correct max for the axis [with no need to translate to serial number for that date]. Is this ...

multiple data label formats #2
Thanks for your help Andy, I'll look into it -- ob3ron0 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ob3ron02's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1545 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27275 ...

Coordinate secondary y axis to primary y axis
Is it possible to coordinate the secondary y axis on a chart so that the maximum value is always 72 times the max value on the primary y axis? The primary y axis plots hours of work and the secondary y axis plots $$. When the chart updates, we want to ensure that the maximum on the secondary axis is equal to 72 times the maixum on the primary. I have been searching but cannot find anything on this. Thanks, Hi, Only way to have the maximum value be exactly 72 times is to set it via code. This shows you how to link it to a cell. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AxisScaleLinkToSheet.htm...

Plotting 2 stock series?
Does anyone know if it is possible to plot 2 series of stock data on 1 graph? In other words, I'd like to take 2 sets of H-L-C data, and then create one graph with primary and secondary axes for both X&Y, that would accommodate both the primary and secondary set of Date/H/L/C data. Thanks, Jeff Baum What you could try is to create two charts and overlay one on top of the other. For the one one top, make the plotarea and chartarea transparent (double-click each of the chartarea and plotarea and in the respective dialog boxes, from the Patterns tab, set the Area to 'Non...

Envelopes & Labels Default Font
Is ther a way to change the default font, size, bold settings for addresses when using the Envelope & Label Wizard. Everytime I print a label I manually configure it to my preferrences. TY Labels are tables and thus use the Normal paragraph style by default. Envelopes use the Envelope Address paragraph style. In either case you can override the settings by right clicking in the envelope/label dialog or, if you are collecting the address from the addressee section of a letter, they will reflect any *manual* formatting applied to the addressee section. -- <>><...

Matching 2 sheets with data then display a result
I will try and explain what i am trying accomplish. Trying to create a function where the "New" sheet with no prices on it with different styles of utensils need to match the master "Utensils" sheet (with the cost$) with the same style info but many more styles. Not all styles are on the "New" sheet but need to match the ones in the "Utensils" sheet. The "New" sheet is always updated of course with more or less new styles. How to match the sheets? The final problem, I managed to use a vlookup on another sheet named "Sold" tha...

x y axis swap
Can anybody tell me how to swap the x & y axis? Hi Chris, 1)Right click in the Chart Area (the white border on the chart) 2)Select he Source Data item from the popup menu 3)Open the Series tab 4)Note the item X-value ....Sheet1$A$10...<red thing> Click the red thing, select the read x-values with mouse, click the red thing again OR carefully type the correct cell references for the x-values 5) Repeat step 4 for y-values. Note you can do the same thing while making the chart: follow instructions 3 and 4 at Step 2 of Chart Wizard Best wishes Bernard "Chris" <cscultho...

Sharing Folders #2
Hi Everyone, Sorry for such a dumb question but how do I share a users exchange folders. I need my assistant to be able to view all my exchange folders (inbox, contacts, etc.)? I want to give her full rights to all my folders as well as send email as if it came from me. Thanks Open up the properties of your user account in AD Users and Computers, go to the Exchange tab, and click on the Mailbox Rights button. Then give whoever Full Control to your mailbox >-----Original Message----- >Hi Everyone, > >Sorry for such a dumb question but how do I share a users >exchan...

X-Y gridded data into columns
Hello. I have datasets exported from map data as large grids (1024x768). I want to transform them into 3 long (>768000 rows) columns, with X, Y, and the value from the grid. Example: B A A C D A C C D to be put into: X Y value 1 1 B 2 1 A 3 1 A 1 2 C 2 2 D 3 2 A 1 3 C 2 3 C 3 3 D Can anyone help? On Sun, 15 Nov 2009 11:22:52 -0800 (PST), CM <schrader23@gmail.com> wrote: >Hello. I have datasets exported from map data as large grids >(1024x768). I want to transform them into 3 long (>768000 rows) >columns, with X, Y, and the value from the ...

Mailbox Managment #2
Hi All, A question!! Is it possible to define an exchange rule that can monitor a mailbox for certain file types and then delete them after a defined time period? We need to be able clear a specific mailbox down of a specific file type each month and may need to do this across a few mailboxes. Any suggestions? Cheers, Rob you can create an exmerge bat file that will use the ini file with the date and attachment you want to delete, other than that you will have to program it "Robl123" <Robl123@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E3049C9D-46E5-4A5E-B270-...

redlofa #2

Restore question #2
I try to restore a full backup of a PF database, follow the "hard recovery option" of a single db, and i have a problem: when i mount the restored DB the situation is the same (all message missing after a pf replication problem, between servers)!!! I have read the following and i try by "eseutil /cc" option instead of normal "last backup set". http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/DROpsGuide/5c993545-011e-4fcd-80ee-36d6d5db84f4.mspx Any other suggestion?! ...

Changing domain name #2
Hello, Currently my domain name is xxxx. I am going to be changing to yyyy. How do I go about doing this with the ability to not affect email flow in/out for exchange? This is a test i am doing. Thanks, Tony what do you mean by "domain"? Are you simply talking about changing from user@foo.com to user@newfoo.com? That's easy. Though you don't say what version of Exchange, so you'll need to provide that to get an accurate answer. "tnt" <tnt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8978CD0B-1640-4921-A881-F6968ED7F894@microsoft.com... >...

Formatting a data series to run value axis to value axis
I am working on a combination chart where two data series are stacked and the third data series is shown as a line chart. What we want is for the data series line is to go from the value axis to the secondary value axis, rather than starting from the first value in the data series to the middle of the last value in the data series. Gap width is grayed out. Is there some way of doing this? I can mail a sample to anyone who wants to see an example of what I'm talking about. I did a quick look in Google Groups but I didn't see anything that looked like it applied. I appreciate any help y...

Is it possible to plot this kind of data in a (line) chart w/ preferred axis? How?
How would I plot this data in a line chart? (MS Excel 03) (Samples below should be viewed in non-proportional font or formatting will not be clear) Raw data (below): A B C D E 0 @ 1000 0 @ 1000 0 @ 1060 0 @ 865 0 @ 1200 10 @ 1700 10 @ 1700 2 @ 1340 2 @ 1325 2 @ 1460 na na 17 @ 2400 11 @ 2400 12 @ 2200 26 @ 5000 26 @ 5000 24 @ 4800 18 @ 4200 20 @ 5000 The catch is I need to have the 2nd # be the X axis (0...6000). I can put the data in the spreadsheet something like this and tell it to ignore empty values (...

Compare Worksheets #2
Hey all, is there any way to compare two worksheets? The limitations in the worksheet are: 1. The cells in some columns are merged. 2. However, all the data, whether merged or not, the formated remains the same. I meant if a1 and a2 are merged in sheet A, the same a1 and a2 are merged in Sheet B. Please help if there is any way to compare the worksheet. Also am not good at script. Please specify if there is any method for that. Your quick response is appreciated. Thanks, Pravi :) -- praveen_khm ------------------------------------------------------------------------ praveen_khm'...

Store Manager Label Wizard has a bug
When we reprint labels using the Label Wizard, it does not print all the fields. Item Details 1, 2 and 3 are missing. If labels are printed from the Items...Find...Labels route, everthing prints correctly. Is there a patch for this? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in th...

Macros in excel 2000 #2
I have recorded a macro to convert a report sent to us by another department. This involves inserting extra columns to use formulas to convert the data. However as the amount of rows varies with the amount of data, how do i get the macro to work by going to the last active cell in a column? It is the first long macro i have written so any help would be much appreciated. I have included the macro to help. Sub CRMReportMacro() ' ' CRMReportMacro Macro ' Macro recorded 11/08/2005 by Administrator ' ' Keyboard Shortcut: Ctrl+j ' Range("H2").Select Se...