Y-axis help

i have the numbers on my chart set like this.....

    0     1      2     3     4

but i want to change it to this.......

    0     1     2     3     4

how do i flip-flop the y-axis this way.  (I need to do this for good reason!)
Please help!

Double click on the axis, and on the Scale tab, check the Values (or
Categories if it's really the X axis, as in a horizontal bar chart) in
reverse order checkbox. You may also need to check the Axis crosses at
maximum checkbox.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Regivicious" <Regivicious@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>i have the numbers on my chart set like this.....
>
> 1
> 2
> 3
> 4
> 5
> 6
> 7
>    0     1      2     3     4
>
> but i want to change it to this.......
>
> 7
> 6
> 5
> 4
> 3
> 2
> 1
>    0     1     2     3     4
>

> how do i flip-flop the y-axis this way.  (I need to do this for good
> reason!)
> Please help!

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)

Office Professional 2007 trial..need help
I purchased a 180 day trial version with disc in Jan 2010, installed into computer and the motherboard died. I purchased new computer with Windows 7 (previous computer was Vista) and tried installing and it won't work. I uninstalled everything Office and tried downloading the 60 day trial, still won't work as I get the activation expiration date of Dec. 31, 2002. Any ideas as now when I try to download from the website, it tells me I have downloaded my alotted number of times - still have no working programs and need them for a class - must be microsoft 2007 pro. Any help...

Unusual Y Axis Scale Question
I am trying to create what is referred to in the medical literature as a "reciprocal creatine curve." The data is rather simple -- just serum creatinine values (Y-axis) over time (X-axis), but the Y-axis scale is quite unusual. The scale is not linear and it's not logarithmic. It's a scale in which the values appear to constantly accelerate. Thus, the distance between 1 and 2 is greater than the distance between 2 and 3, the distance between 2 and 3 is greater than the distance between 3 and 4, etc. Toward the very top of the Y-axis the incremental distance between values be...

Lost/help not finding the correct terminology questions for help
I am building a simple work book My first row where my titles need to be are 2 rows tall to enter my data. Typing always starts at the bottom left hand corner I want typing to start at top left corner so I can enter my 2 rows of data?? 2nd question: My wk. book is 6 colums, 36 rows. I enter text in 5 colums and a number figure in colum F, example 10.5 question.. as I enter these number figures dailey I would like them to automatically add the running the total in cell 36 F is this possible?? -- Microsoft Office 2003 Version Thank-you Carl R Hi Carl, Q1 Setting a row to dou...

Help with macro #6
Good evening: Is it possible to insert a formula in the below listed MACRO. [Column D is always a date. I need Column F to display a date 14 days greater] Thanks in advance John Sub EnterGrievance() ' ' EnterGrievance Macro ' Macro recorded 2/25/2008 by John Donadio ' ' Keyboard Shortcut: Ctrl+c 'Range("A12").Select Dim FromRng As Range Dim ToRng As Range With Worksheets("Data Sheet") Set FromRng = .Range("A12:M12") End With With Worksheets("Grievance Log") Set ToRn...

tengo Outlook 2007, envia y recibe cada 3 min
tengo varias cuentas configuradas y cada 3 o 4 minutos esta "enviado o recibiendo". como puedo controlar el envio y recepcion a un periodo programado? en la pestaña de configuracion tiene cada 30 min. el enviar y recibir Usted repeta la pregunta en ingles, por favor? -- Debby Hanoka dhanoka@live.com "Mito" <Mito@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:814ABBE2-3A5B-47E5-8D1F-BEE5F9F36B97@microsoft.com... > tengo varias cuentas configuradas y cada 3 o 4 minutos esta > "enviado o > recibiendo". > > como p...

Public Folder store issue
I dont ask a question relating to this earlier with no response. I overwrote our public folder store database with an old backup from another server, yes stupid i know please only make helpful comments on what to do next, Our mailbox store appears to still be running perfectly everyone can access their email and send/receive fine. I assume the best thing to do next is to either recreate a public store, as the one which i overwrote will not start, obviously, or, if possible, rollback the public store to the stage it was at 2 days ago(i dont have a backup and there wasn't anything im...

Hi all. I have an application in MFC Visual .NET which i want to load an help file. As default the ".HLP" help file is loaded and in order to load the ".chm" help file i overrided the WinHelp function in my CMainFrame class and call the HtmlHelp function in it. The code is: ::HtmlHelp(GetSafeHwnd(),"MyApp.chm",HH_DISPLAY_TOPIC,0); but it is not working. What am i doing wrong? Thanks for your help. Nir. In addition : It is working first, but if i open ?CFileDialog before the help, it is not working. I don't know if when the project was created, t...

help
i have a workbook with a sheet in wich a cell, with data validation, can display a serie of names; i.e., example1, example2, example3, .... what i want is this: if i select in that cell, for example, example1, then if sheet example1 exists it will be slected, otherwise it will be created with that name. is this clear? i hope so :) i´┐Żll apreciate any solution, and ..., thanks in advance. Assuming your data validation cell is F7, add this worksheet event code to the appropriate worksheet code module Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Dim oWS As Worksheet Dim sValue As St...

Several (x, y) coordinated lines on one graph
I am trying to plot for the general (x, y) coordinated dataset. For example, Series A (1, 50) (8, 90) (10, 300) (300, 500) Series B (3, 80) (400, 90) Series C (30, 80) (200, 120) and so on. The data is store on single worksheet Series Name x coordinate y coordinate A 1 50 A 8 90 A 10 300 A 300 500 B 3 80 B ...

Office 2008 doesn't install
Hi,<br> <br> when I tried to install it said it can't find software to install, just after choosing the install location. what's going on? I have office 2004 installed. problem solved - I had to change the system language to english before installing! ...

2007: Can't set axis max by date
I am finding in 2007 that if i go to the "format axis" dialog, and for "max" put a date, like "5/1/07", this will not format the axis with that as the maximum. I have to [correctly] translate it to the serial number for the date (in this case 39203) and enter that value into the dialog. In previous versions, one could just enter the date in this dialog and the chart axis was correctly formatted with the date value that you entered directly into the dialog as the correct max for the axis [with no need to translate to serial number for that date]. Is this ...

tick marks on all 4 sides of an x-y chart
I need to display my x-y chart with tick marks on all 4 sides but scale values only on the left hand side and the bottom axis. Is this possible and if so how do I do it Hi, Hopefully a combination of these 2 will help. http://www.andypope.info/tips/tip005.htm http://www.andypope.info/tips/tip008.htm Cheers Andy mickey wrote: > I need to display my x-y chart with tick marks on all 4 sides but scale > values only on the left hand side and the bottom axis. Is this possible and > if so how do I do it -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

Coordinate secondary y axis to primary y axis
Is it possible to coordinate the secondary y axis on a chart so that the maximum value is always 72 times the max value on the primary y axis? The primary y axis plots hours of work and the secondary y axis plots $$. When the chart updates, we want to ensure that the maximum on the secondary axis is equal to 72 times the maixum on the primary. I have been searching but cannot find anything on this. Thanks, Hi, Only way to have the maximum value be exactly 72 times is to set it via code. This shows you how to link it to a cell. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AxisScaleLinkToSheet.htm...

Help with sql
Hi I have been given a rather hairy piece of sql to put into a module but I have not been able to properly convert it to SQL that access can process. Can anyone help with this? The sql is: update cdb_data a from cdb_description b set item_date = date(varchar(b.start_year)+'.1.1') + date(varchar(b.start_period-1)+' days') - date(varchar((locate('Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri ',dow(date(varchar(b.start_year)+'.1.1')+ date(varchar(b.start_period-1)+' days'))))/4)+' days') + date(varchar(((a.period-1+(locate('Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri ',dow(date(var...

Event ID 125
I have received an Event ID 125 on an Exchange 5.5 server. Along with this I have an ID Error #193, 1005 7 and 100 amonst others. Is it possible that during a backup in schedule+ for a client on the client's machine, that the procedure corrupted the EDB.log or any other file? If so, should I be using Microsoft Base Article #275602 to repair. At this point, my Echange server is down. Thanks. Hello Deb Based on the limited information; the 275602 XADM: Microsoft Exchange Server Information Store May Stop After a http://support.microsoft.com/?id=275602 would be a recovery method. Did y...

How do I setup basic triggers in SQL? Please help I'm new to trigg
Does anyone have suggestions or template for creating basic triggers in SQL? I am absolute beginer when it comes to triggers, I just understand the basic concept of what a trigger does. My goal is to copy certain fields FROM the SOP10100 (header) & SOP10200 (detail) tables TO a newly created table based on a certain criteria in the SOP tables. How would I do this? Do I need to start by right clicking on both SOP10100 & SOP10200 and go to the option "Manage Triggers" to create the triggers? How would I create the syntax for the trigger? Like when I click on Manage tri...

HELP #15
I have lost all my Outlook Data! I am using Outlook 2002, came on the Office Professional XP CD I was having some problems and I selected 'Detect and Repair', after a few minutes I cancelled this and now I have lost all the information that was previous contacted within outlook - Email accounts, old Emails, contacts everything. Would someone please tell me how to check these have actually been lost, or whether the connection to the datafile has just been lost/corrupted. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Paul Smith Hey, I have had Outlook 2002 crash on me too. I kno...

Account Locking problem
My problem is my account locks out every 10 minutes. (W2K domain) No other account has a problem. Over the past 3 days I have narrowed it down to the exchange server. Shut each DC down one at a time acct still locks. Shut don exchange server account doesnt lock Shut down exchange service acct still locks I have also shut down all non MS services and the acct still locks I am confident the problem exists on the exchange server seperate from the exchange services. The MS services that are running on the Exchange 2000 server are: alerter computer browser dist file system dhcp cllient...

My print no longer matches my print preview, help?
I have printed on several occassions without incident, suddenly it is compressing text to half page. Any ideas? It is a printer setting. Look for something like *print document on* and a size box. Some sort of zoom feature. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Cheryl" <Cheryl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9D16F72E-EDF1-4DA6-9340-DC01E990913E@microsoft.com... >I have printed on several occassions without incident, suddenly it is > compressing text to half page. Any ideas? ...

x y axis swap
Can anybody tell me how to swap the x & y axis? Hi Chris, 1)Right click in the Chart Area (the white border on the chart) 2)Select he Source Data item from the popup menu 3)Open the Series tab 4)Note the item X-value ....Sheet1$A$10...<red thing> Click the red thing, select the read x-values with mouse, click the red thing again OR carefully type the correct cell references for the x-values 5) Repeat step 4 for y-values. Note you can do the same thing while making the chart: follow instructions 3 and 4 at Step 2 of Chart Wizard Best wishes Bernard "Chris" <cscultho...

How to append text from beginning to a large file with the help of any MFC class like CFile or CStdioFile.. ??
Hi, How to append text from beginning to a large file with the help of any MFC class like CFile or CStdioFile.. ?? It is able to append the text to the end but how to do that from the starting.. That should not overwrite the content of the file.. How to do that ?? ===== Regards, Jigar Meht AFAIK, there is nothing which will do this automatically for you. If its a really large file, and you dont want to read it all at once, you may want to consider writing what you want to another temporary file and then append existing file to it and then delete/rename as needed. -------- Ajay Kalra ...

X-Y gridded data into columns
Hello. I have datasets exported from map data as large grids (1024x768). I want to transform them into 3 long (>768000 rows) columns, with X, Y, and the value from the grid. Example: B A A C D A C C D to be put into: X Y value 1 1 B 2 1 A 3 1 A 1 2 C 2 2 D 3 2 A 1 3 C 2 3 C 3 3 D Can anyone help? On Sun, 15 Nov 2009 11:22:52 -0800 (PST), CM <schrader23@gmail.com> wrote: >Hello. I have datasets exported from map data as large grids >(1024x768). I want to transform them into 3 long (>768000 rows) >columns, with X, Y, and the value from the ...

Formatting a data series to run value axis to value axis
I am working on a combination chart where two data series are stacked and the third data series is shown as a line chart. What we want is for the data series line is to go from the value axis to the secondary value axis, rather than starting from the first value in the data series to the middle of the last value in the data series. Gap width is grayed out. Is there some way of doing this? I can mail a sample to anyone who wants to see an example of what I'm talking about. I did a quick look in Google Groups but I didn't see anything that looked like it applied. I appreciate any help y...

Is it possible to plot this kind of data in a (line) chart w/ preferred axis? How?
How would I plot this data in a line chart? (MS Excel 03) (Samples below should be viewed in non-proportional font or formatting will not be clear) Raw data (below): A B C D E 0 @ 1000 0 @ 1000 0 @ 1060 0 @ 865 0 @ 1200 10 @ 1700 10 @ 1700 2 @ 1340 2 @ 1325 2 @ 1460 na na 17 @ 2400 11 @ 2400 12 @ 2200 26 @ 5000 26 @ 5000 24 @ 4800 18 @ 4200 20 @ 5000 The catch is I need to have the 2nd # be the X axis (0...6000). I can put the data in the spreadsheet something like this and tell it to ignore empty values (...

VB script/macro help
Hi, Forgive me for my waffle but I'm new to this and will try and explain what I want. I have a workbook where I have my own personal toolbar. On here I have placed a macro button which the user will 'click' on to create a new worksheet. I want this worksheet to be pre formatted with certain text and formula in it, and the newly created worksheet to be automaticaly renamed after that particulay days date, ie 10 July. Once the workbook has been saved, I want the user to be able to repeat this process every other day, ie create a new worksheet , which is renamed after that da...