XY Scatter with Custom Labels

I have a list of products, each with an X (a dollar amount) and a
value (a percentage).  Is it possible to have each point labeled with
custom value i.e.: Printer, or Digital Camera, rather than it bein
labeled with just the values being plotted ($1,000, 2% or $500, 7%)?

Any ideas are appreciated.

Thanks,
Keit

--
hatzipe
hatzipet's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2789

You can edit the text of a label, to manually insert your desired labels. In
addition, there are third party Excel add-ins that allow you to apply labels from a
worksheet range to a series of data points. Two good ones are:

   Rob Bovey's Chart Labeler (http://appspro.com)
   John Walkenbach's Chart Tools (http://j-walk.com)

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

hatzipet wrote:

> I have a list of products, each with an X (a dollar amount) and a Y
> value (a percentage).  Is it possible to have each point labeled with a
> custom value i.e.: Printer, or Digital Camera, rather than it being
> labeled with just the values being plotted ($1,000, 2% or $500, 7%)?
>
> Any ideas are appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Keith

Scatter chart with text labels as Y axis?
I have a series of worksheets, each representing tournament scores on a particular pinball machine. Each sheet looks like this: Player Score LoTR Me 3,000,000 Her 2,000,000 You 1,000,000 Player names in column A, scores in column B, and the name of that machine in cell C1. I want to create a scatter chart like this: LoTR | * * * | AFM | * ** | ST | * * * +--------------------------------------- 0 1 2 3 ...

Custom CEdit class in SDI formview, How can I access other controls from custom class
Hi all, I need a little help with this if you guys don't mind . I've subclassed CEdit so that I can catch some key messages and do 'stuff' with them some of which invlovles manipulating other controls on the FormView from my CMyCEdit class. However I cannot seem to access those controls(a regular cedit at the momment). a GetDlgItem(IDC_CEDIT); from the custom class always seems to return null. I've read some other newsgroups and I understand this could be because my control could be on a different thread and cannot access the map for the rest of the Formview? I'm no...

Customized system message in Exchange 2000
Hi. Knows somebody how I can customize the message that system's administrator send when a user exceeds the limit size of her mailbox? Thanks. There is a way, but it's cumbersome: Download ftp://ftp.microsoft.com/softlib/mslfiles/rltools.exe and use RLQUIKED to edit MDBSZ.DLL. You may need to repeat it after applying a service pack. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Rafa Quintero" <rafa.quinteroarrobahotmail.com> wrote in message news:OyMsBzFRGHA.196@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi. > > Knows so...

CRM
Hi I have installed a Test CRM 3.0 environment, and what i would like to do is add a folder or button on the Workplace menu to open a URL Link (my my case a URL link to a Terminal Services Web page to open application via TSWEB). I have had ago at CRM customization and i cannot see any thing obvious on how to add this. Can you please advise? Your help will be appreciated hi I am new in crm.. can any one help how to start where to start .. regards satheesh.j You need to export the SiteMap from the customisations and add a sub area to workplace like the following: (The sdk give...

Help on convert Custom Email Address Policy, Address List on Ex 20
Can someone help or give hint on how to convert this LDAP to OPATH filters: It's cutsom email address policy initially created on legacy exchange server and needs to be upgraded to exchange 2007 version: (&(&(&(& (mailnickname=*) (| (&(objectCategory=person)(objectClass=user)(!(homeMDB=*))(!(msEXchHomeServerName=*)))(&(objectCategory=person)(objectClass=user)(|(homeMDB=*)(msExchHomeServerName=*)))(&(objectCategory=person)(objectClass=contact))(objectCategory=group)(objectCateory=publicFolder))))(objectCategory=user)(mail=*bc.com))) when we right clic...

XY
I once had a link to an XY program that could place descriptions automatically above each point. My computer has been upgraded and unfortunately I cannot find the link. Can anyone help me. Thanks Anne You can use Rob Bovey's XY Chart Labeler to add labels. It's a free add-in that you can download from his web site: http://www.appspro.com/Utilities/ChartLabeler.htm Anne wrote: > I once had a link to an XY program that could place > descriptions automatically above each point. My computer > has been upgraded and unfortunately I cannot find the > link. Can anyone...

Workflow email triggered from custom field change
I have a custom picklist field upon which I have created a manual workflow rule. I want the rule to fire when the custom picklist field is changed. It should send an email to a CRM user. I can't get this to work. It will work if the WF rule is a Create rule. But this means the only time the rule works is when the picklist condition is met at the time of object creation. This is not good enough for me. I need this custom picklist field to be "monitored" for change, then the email is sent upon a change in the picklist. Rhett Rhett, There are a few ways to do this: 1) Us...

find and replace categories and labels?
I'd like to find all appointments whose subject is X and with a category and label of <don't care>, and replace the category and label with specified values. I can find them ok, but I can't work out how to batch replace the categories or labels. eg if I have 100 appointments of subject "Call Mum", some with no category and others with category "Personal", some with no label and others with label "Phone Call", I want to make them all of category Personal and label Phone Call. Any help appreciated. thanks David When you sort by Category you ca...

Get rid of legacy 2003 custom toolbars in 2007
I have a Word 2003 template for which I created a custom toolbar with 5 buttons. The client migrated to 2007, so I did as well. Some of the buttons don't work. I want to either delete some buttons or the entire toolbar but I can't figure out how. Someone please help. I'm near bridge jumping. I am thinking that if you use File>Open to open the template and then save it in either dotx (or dotm if it has macros that you still need) format, the toolbars may be deleted from it. Alternatively, if you still have access to Word 2003, you could open the template in that ...

share custom calender from 2007 to 2003 client problems
SBS2003 Exch Srv sharing a custome calender from 2007 to 2007 clients works 100% 2003 clients cannot access it saing no access. sharing the default calender from 2007 all clients can access. Why cant a 2003 (sp3) client not pick it up ? Yes have tried addding shared folder to exchange email / advanced setting etc. Read somewhere that the whole 2007 profile must be shared for 2003 clients to see custom folders. Can this be confirmed What version of Exchange server? Are all updates installed? Do all Outlook clients have all updates installed? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outl...

custom views #2
In Outlook 2003 I have set up a custom view and would like all current folders and any new folders I create to automatically use that view by default. Is this possible? Thanks. Jeff ...

export customed file dialog from mfc-dll
I create a customed file dialog class in a mfc-extend dll,and I use the AFX_EXT_CLASS macro to export the class,but it can not work in app.when a app create a instance of that class and call the "DoModal()",nothing is happened.How to export customed file dialog from mfc-dll? "pango" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3FCCC22C-BC10-4809-9396-2CB95AF518BE@microsoft.com... > I create a customed file dialog class in a mfc-extend dll,and I use the AFX_EXT_CLASS macro to export the class,but it can not work in app.when a app create a instance ...

Auto launch custom toolbar
Hi How to make a custom toolbar auto open/close *only* each time I open/close a worksheet that is based on a specific template of mine? In other words, I have a template with some macros in it, and I've created a custom toolbar to run those macros. However, I don't want the toolbar always visible, as happens when I click View > Toolbars > MyToolbar. I want "MyToolbar" visible, only when I work with a worksheet based on the specific teplate. Some help please? ____________________ Merlin dying, to the Lady of the Lake: "we lived our lives with passion and de...

Customer Credit Limits
Is there a way to turn off the credit limit warning or give customers an unlimited credit limit. We do not use RMS for AR as that is handled in Great Plains at the home office. -- Doug Langley Dear Doug, the only way you can do so is that either make the credit limit to $99,999,999,999,999.00 or make one database trigger on insert/update of customer info to update automatically his credit limits, the trigger facility give you more control not to worry if you get forget, do u know how to write it if not let me know. Comment me. "DLangley" wrote: > Is there a way to tur...

Need a template for priniting Memorex CD labels
Is there a template available that will allow printing the offset Memorex CD/DVD labels in MSPUB 2003? Thanks Jim There is a PDF template here with measurements. Is this the Memorex template you need? With the measurements it wouldn't be difficult to setup in Publisher. http://www.onlinelabels.com/Templates/OL5025PDF.html -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "jcurts" <jcurts@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5C887096-8526-45C3-8F7B-A1496B8423E4@microsoft.com... > Is there a templa...

xy-chart
I have kind of xy-chart. Values on x and y varies a lot according to calculations so i would like to fit them to my chart area. But i would like to fit them so that x equals y, so the scale is 1:1. - fit x according its max value (enabling 'max value' in chart) - scale y so that 1:1 scale is achieved. (Here i can't use the 'max value' in chart, because 1:1 scale can't be achieved) What to do. Thank You in advance. Check Jon Peltier's webpage for instructions: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/format.html#SqrGrid GL, Henk "Jasoni" wrote: > I ...

How to copy/tranfer custom buttons
I've created a number of custom buttons. How do I copy these to transfer to another machine or in case of an upgrade? Thanks, Bob ...

custom number
In order to adjust the spacing of a scatterplot line away from the Y axis, I use a custom number format (applied to the axis) to hide the first (nonploted) year on the X-axis scale. thus I specify the scale with 1959 as a minimum value but use a custom format like: [>1959];;;; So that the 1959 is not displayed. Now, I would like to do the same thing on the other end of the scale, (at the same time)so that 2002 is not displayed. But I can't figure out how to specify the formula. [>1959]General;[<2002]General;; doesn't work. Hi, How about [White][<1960]General;[<20...

Customizing search window
Hello, I want to customize the window from cases, where I can search accounts. The properties button only gives a new window with read-only back (I want to change this to write) and to the new button i would like to add some extra fields. Is this possible and if, how? Thanks! Sorry, for my bad English! Yes you can do that using javascript see www.stunnware.com/crm2/ -- Regards, MS CRM Certified Professional http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com Chat with me on MSN / Gmail / Skype : ID Is :.. mscrmexpert@gmail.com "mattzer" wrote: > Hello, > I want to customize the ...

Scatter Chart Axis as text in C# Web appl
Hi, I've created a Scatter Chart in OWC11 in C# and the X axis must display dates instead of numbers, I do it using the code below: .... string x= "10/2/2004 12:00:00 AM\t10/2/2004 12:00:00 AM\t10/5/2004 12:00:00 AM\t10/5/2004 12:00:00 AM\t10/6/2004 12:00:00 AM\t10/7/2004 12:00:00 AM\t10/8/2004 12:00:00 AM\t"; string y = 1\t2\t76\t67\t...."; objChart.SeriesCollection[0].SetData(OWC11.ChartDimensionsEnum.chDimCategories, (int)OWC11.ChartSpecialDataSourcesEnum.chDataLiteral, "Scatter Charts Series 1"); objChart.SeriesCollection[0].SetData (OWC11.ChartDimensi...

Mailing Labels
I'm following all of the instructions for making labels from an Outlook 2002 contacts folder, and then all I end up with is a word doc full of blank labels. Any suggestions? Thanks. hmmn, did you insert the fields ? "mychael" <mcneeley@simplyweb.net> wrote in message news:03ee01c3a684$62b9e630$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I'm following all of the instructions for making labels > from an Outlook 2002 contacts folder, and then all I end > up with is a word doc full of blank labels. Any > suggestions? Thanks. ...

xy scatter help
is ther a way to mirror a data series in a xy scatter char -- cchup ----------------------------------------------------------------------- cchupa's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2434 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=37943 what line do you want to mirror your data on. for example if you want to mirror on Y = 0 set au another data set =-Yrange and plot it with the same Xrange. "cchupa" wrote: > > is ther a way to mirror a data series in a xy scatter chart > > > -- > cchupa >...

Dynamic Scatter Charts
I have scatter charts that will change as new data is added but I can't seem to get my macro that adds the data labels to work with defined names. Does anyone know if this is possible? Thanks in advance for any help that anyone can give me! You don't need a macro: http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/2008/05/14/dynamic-charts/ http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Dynamics.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Neweirs" <Neweirs@discussions.microsoft.com> wr...

Customer On Order Vs. Vendor On Order
Is there a report you can run that shows qty on hand, qty on order from the vendor, and qty on order from the customer for each item in the store? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_068D_01C7AED2.817D34A0 Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="----=_NextPart_001_068E_01C7AED2.817D34A0" ------=_NextPart_001_068E_01C7AED2.817D34A0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Bevans22, Do you want _every_ item or just the items that are on = backorder/layaway/workorder? Attached is one fo...

how to put x axis values in the chart instead of x axis labels
Hi, I have excel table like this: x y 0.7 3.25 1.76 2.23 17.8 2.76 Excel chart enables to me to put x series like labels (field Category(X) labels), but the chart is not correct because the width between 0.7 and 1.76 is the same like the width between 1.76 and 17.8. How to put x series like the values on the x chart? regards Sinclair Use XY chart type instead of a line chart. Mangesh "Sinclair" <Sinclair@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:480D048F-F2C8-4609-84EF-7AAD0CF45A51@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I have excel table like this:...