XL2007: Linked-labels reference is not copied with sheet

Dear group,

when I link a chart's text-labels with cells, the formula in the label
contains the sheet-name, e.g. =Mysheet!$A$1.
In 2003 or below, I could duplicate the sheet inside the workbook by copying
it.
Now in 2007, the cell-references in the linked labels remain on the old
sheet, they are not copied.
Is there any better way but copying the sheet into a second workbook,
renaming and then moving it back into first workbook?

Thanks,
Holger.

0
holger1 (30)

Yeah, they broke this in 2007. It sounds very familiar, I'm sure I've
reported it. I don't think there's a better way than what you describe.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Holger Gerths" <holger@gerths.de> wrote in message
> Dear group,
>
> when I link a chart's text-labels with cells, the formula in the label
> contains the sheet-name, e.g. =Mysheet!$A$1.
> In 2003 or below, I could duplicate the sheet inside the workbook by
> copying it.
> Now in 2007, the cell-references in the linked labels remain on the old
> sheet, they are not copied.
> Is there any better way but copying the sheet into a second workbook,
> renaming and then moving it back into first workbook?
>
> Thanks,
> Holger.

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)

Web Link in Outlook Email takes long time?
Using Outlook 2003. I have a farily high end system but when clicking on a web link in an Outlook email it takes possibly 15-30 seconds for the browser to open and go to the web page. Why is this? Is there a setting to improve on this? No setting really. Thankfully, Outlook 2007 is much better. "Al Franz" <albert@nospam.netmation.com> wrote in message news:uJIblvufIHA.4728@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Using Outlook 2003. I have a farily high end system but when clicking on > a web link in an Outlook email it takes possibly 15-30 seconds for the > browser to...

Copy formulaS between Workbooks
This might be some sort of follow up question from Ken Runge post "Cop formula between Workbooks" from Oct-23-2003. I would like to copy som formulas from one workbook to another without getting a reference t the original workbook ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com Syslock, This happens, I think, where there are cell references to other sheets. One way is to copy the text of the formula (drag across the text in the formula bar), instead of the cell...

Trace dependants or Precedents on a protected sheet
I have a workbook which is protected, the problem i have is that the person using wants to be able to use the trace dependants and precedants buttons on formulas. But the protect does not allow it. Is it possible for me to protect the sheet and allow the user to trace dependants and precedants on formulas? 99% no. You can't trace dependents or precedents in a protected sheet. Using the keyboard shortcut of Ctrl+[ you can select the direct precedents (however Ctrl+], Ctrl+Shift+[, and Ctrl+Shift+] will all cause errors. Apparently doesn't want to think that hard in...

how do i sync multiple copies of the same excel file?
Looking for a way to sincronize multiple copies of the same Excel file automaticly. Each time one is changes, copy it over all the others. (use VBA code). -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy "graphicdoug" <graphicdoug@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5D48C804-EC45-4F5E-BC77-DBBF295177A7@microsoft.com... > Looking for a way to sincronize multiple copies of the same Excel file > automaticly. ...

Link to Worksheet
As soon as I open my worksheet it open 'open dialog box' looking for file. It has peicharts, trendcharts and data, I don't know which one i linked. I want to remove the link, how can I -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Get a copy of Bill Manville's FindLink program: http://www.bmsltd.ie/MVP/Default.htm You'll be happy once again! "anupam <" wrote: > > As soon as I open my worksheet it open 'open dialog box' looking for a > file. It has peicharts, trendcharts and data, I don't know which one is > linked. I want to r...

Using Validation list from other sheet
I am trying to get a validation list from another sheet in the same file, is this possible?. Thanks Fernando Yes, but you need to name the range (insert<name>define) then instead of =Sheetx!A2:A3 refer to the name i.e =MyList -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Fgomez" <fernangoca@yahoo.ca> wrote in message news:eLpo6lbHFHA.1500@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > I am trying to get a validation list from another sheet in the same file, is > this possible?. > > Thanks > > Fernando > > Thanks Peo "Peo Sjoblom" <terre08@mvps.org> wrote in...

Excel 2004 worksheet only copies top half into PPT 2004
If you open Excel 2004, copy the worksheet or part of the worksheet. Open PPT 2004, and paste it into a slide, it only pastes the top left corner of the worksheet, not the whole thing. If you do same thing with Office X, it works fine. Any ideas? Is this a known bug and if so, is there a fix? I have tried this on three separate machines, all with same result. thanks, Lisa ...

Unable to open links in Outlook 2003
I just got back from a long vacation and I downloaded all the latest updates from Microsoft Update. Today I noticed that when I tried to click on a link in a daily Los Angeles Times headlines newsletter I got an error message that says "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator" I am my system's administrator and I have no idea what was happening since the error message header reads "Microsoft Office Outlook" and I have not changed any security settings for months. I Googled the problem...

Linking to a web database
Hello, I was wondering if anybody knew how to connect up powerpoint to a web database, such as an SQL database on a web server! The purpose would be to upload quiz results, at the moment i have them going into an access database, but want to put them into a web database if anyone could help i would much appreciated that Nick In article <edd9037d-616d-492b-bb71- 97eba08dd97e@j14g2000yqm.googlegroups.com>, Nickooo87 wrote: > Hello, > > I was wondering if anybody knew how to connect up powerpoint to a web > database, such as an SQL database on a web server! T...

Can you create charts for non-adjacent columns of data in XL2007?
I've recently installed Office 2007, and am rather unimpressed that it's considerably worse than 2000/XP/2003, all of which I have happily been creating charts from for years. Previously you could select any data you wanted by holding down control and selecting the cells, then create charts using those cells. However, in 2007, it seems that you can't select non-adjacent cells. This is a real problem for me as I'm constantly manipulating data and placing it in nearby cells, then selecting the columns I want and creating the required chart. For example: I have 3 columns o...

Macro to switch to another sheet, grab ref to any cell, paste ref in current sheet??
I am looking for a way (either macro or VBA) to perform one simple task: while in *any cell* of your choice in the current worksheet, switch to another specific sheet, choose *any* cell, grab a reference to that cell (not its value), switch back to the first worksheet and slap in the reference of the cell in the other sheet. This would be the automated equivalent of doing the following manually: 1) Select *any cell* (say *F11*) in the current sheet (Call it "*Destination*"). 2) Press "=" (no "ENTER") 3) Click the tab for the other sheet (call it "*Source*&...

Linking problem
Hi, when i try to compile my project i get the following error: LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file "dsprop.lib" Where is this file? What should i do? Regards Emmanuel Emmanuel, > LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file "dsprop.lib" > > Where is this file? What should i do? You need to update your platform sdk. http://www.microsoft.com/msdownload/platformsdk/setuplauncher.asp -- Regards, Kobi Ben Tzvi "Emmanuel" <e951753@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:090101c37874$9fcc1f40$a301280a@phx.gbl... > > Hi, >...

Linking to folders
Hope someone can help. I am trying to use excel to create a shortcut to our electronically stored files. Although I can use hyperlinks to link to specific files, is it possible to open a folder through a hyperlink or macro? Files are stored on a network and not on the hard drive in case this makes a difference. Thanks Sid -- Sidnoir ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Sidnoir's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25916 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=392893 I don't h...

Anti-Phishing filter blocking many legitimate links
The anti-phishing filter in Outlook SP2 is a great idea but the implementation makes it worthless. It is blocking links in so many legitimate messages that I find I am allowing the link to be active almost automatically. Is there any information on what the criteria are for a link to be considered unsafe? How would the writer of a newsletter get his or her links off the verbotten list? there is no information on it - otherwise spammers would make sure theirs were not blocked. The only links I have blocked are ones where the hyperlink domains are mismatched. i.e., Sears uses cheetahm...

Formatting lost when copied by formula!
Hi, I'm having a problem retaining format in a target cell where a formul "copies" the contents from another cell. Here's an example tha describes the problem in detail: Say I have the following text in cell A1: "Some text." Say, also, tha the word "text" is bolded. In cell B2 I have a formula, =A1, tha "copies" the content of cell A1. I can see the content of cell A1 i B2, but without the bold (or any other formatting, including backgroun color, etc.). My question, of course, is how do I retain the original formatting? Thank you -- Message ...

can i use excel to generate web links
Hi, I work for a charity - we're going through our donors at the moment and have to search for each one individually in the charity commision website. I was wondering if there's a way of using excel, which already has our data in, to generate urls linking to the above site's (or any) search engine incorporating the contents of a cell. ie: i'm searching for dog the search page url is www.search.com/search=?? and want to genenerate www.search.com/search=dog I want to generate one of each of these for each donor any thoughts would be greatly appreciated thanks simon Maybe yo...

Can't figure out Simple Percent Label
I would like the column chart to show the percent as the value label. For example East 2 West 4 North 10 South 4 In the chart, I want the y-scale to be 0 to 10 (or 12), but the values on the data labels to be: East 10% West 20% North 50% South 20% I have tried putting the % in a separate column but of course that shows up as a different series. Seems like it should be so simple, but I can't get it to do it. What am I missing, please. tia for any suggestions Klam, This is a good one: Column A cells 1 thru 4 East, West, North, South Column B cells 1 thru 4 2, 4, 10, 4 ...

Inserting a Lotus Notes Doc Link into a Powerpoint presentation?
Is it possible to add a Lotus Notes Doc Link into a Powerpoint presentation as a hyperlink? I have Lotus Notes team rooms where we store files. I also have a presentation that goes over where all the documents are located and I want to hyperlink to the documents in the Lotus Notes team rooms. ...

remove extra space in Property Sheet/Page
Hi, I am using property pages/sheet in wizard mode. When the application is run, the property sheet leaves extra space around (all the direction) the property page. How can I remove this extra space? I want the 0,0 coordinate of the property page to be the actual 0,0 of the client area when the dialog is shown. I have to show an image at the top, just like in wizards. Regards, Ashutosh I think I found the answer, I have to use PSH_WIZARD_LITE flag. However, I tried using a header bitmap. But the bitmap is displayed only as small image at the right end. How can make this header bitmap t...

Phantom links
I have a workbook that, on opening, asks whether the links should be updated even though there are no (intentional) links to anything. The "Edit Links" lists the name of a linked workbook but the "break links" button is greyed out. Is there a way to track down this "phantom" link and eliminate it? When I can't find links, I'll use Bill Manville's FindLink program: http://www.oaltd.co.uk/MVP/Default.htm KG wrote: > > I have a workbook that, on opening, asks whether the links should be updated > even though there are no (intentional) links...

O2003: Renaming flag labels?
In Outlook 2003, is it possible to rename the labels associated with message flags? It would be nice to have label there instead of trying to remember what I use each color for. Thanks. Create a new toolbar with the flags on it and customize the button labels to be whatever you want them to be. That will at least help you assign flags. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Leah" <leahcimp@bellsouthR-E-M-O-V-E-M-E.net> wro...

How do I save a merged label file to a cd?
I have done a label merge for a client. Unfortunatley, when I e-mail to the client it comes to them gumbled. I attempted to burn a cd but cannot open. Help, someone, anyone. thank you. how are you burning it? If you copy or save it to the cd, that probably won't work, you need to run the burning program, which one do you have? "Eva Anne" wrote: > I have done a label merge for a client. Unfortunatley, when I e-mail > to the client it comes to them gumbled. I attempted to burn a cd > but cannot open. > Help, someone, anyone. > thank you. Nero, and thanks fo...

XL2007 on XP hangs/crashes when date cells are selected
Hi there Since 2-3 weeks I'm having a very annoying problem with XL2007 on XP. It keeps hanging (the app stops responding) when I select certain cells in certain documents. I tried switching off all macros, all formulas, error-control, all add-ins, but to no avail. I re-installed Office, but it didn't solve anything. I realized today that it occurs all the time I try to select a cell containing a date (formatted as date). Did someone encounter the same problem? Do you have an idea what might be wrong? I'm not a Windows expert, I usually use mac, but at work we use WinXP, ...

copy without space
I copy a cell to another app. and it contains a space. How should I cop from Excel without this space -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Sub-Categories for X-axis labels, line on bar chart?
I am making a vertical bar graph for pH solutions of various drug reagents. I would like to graph all my results on one chart. Preferrably, with the drug as the group label on the x-axis with multiple samples in each group. For example, samples 2, 36, and 45 I would like their resulted pH plotted in the coc group and samples 5,17, and 29 I would like their pH's plotted in the amp group. The chart should show the drug groups on the x-axis with the sample names directly on the bar itself. Just to complicate this a little further, I would also like to plot a min and max line for each dr...