XL 2003: Replacing X-Axis Labels with Custom Ones...

Is there any way of simply replacing my existing X-Axis labels with those of
my own definition, without having to add an additional data range?
XL insists on inserting a nicely scaled axis (say 1 to 10) and I'd like
1,2,3,E instead...
Any help appreciated...
0
Birmangirl (13)

The way to achieve this is to use another range that contains the X labels
you want. Is there a particular reason you don't want to do it this way?

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

"Birmangirl" <Birmangirl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there any way of simply replacing my existing X-Axis labels with those
> of
> my own definition, without having to add an additional data range?
> XL insists on inserting a nicely scaled axis (say 1 to 10) and I'd like
> 1,2,3,E instead...
> Any help appreciated...

Unable to open one or more attachments
Hello, im hoping someone can help me, im running exchange 5.5 sp3 on Nt4 sp6 and clients are having problems when using outlook (97,98,2000 and XP) when trying to open emails with attachments, when they are actually opening the email that has an attachment, (not the attachment itself) outlook is reporting a "unable to open one or more attachments" and the body of the message appears but it doesnt seem to have the attachment there, if they then proceed to close and open the email a few times, the attachment appears without the error message. This is happening at different s...

changing default language in XL
I know this probably sounds completely stupid, but i have a swedish version of XL and want to change it to English, as well as not understanding swedish, i am not 100 percent on computers. can someone please help? Thanks Pete. I don't think you can. I think you have to buy the English version... ************ Hope it helps! Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com Check out the NEWsgroup stats! Check out: www.ExcelUserConference.com "peter curran" <petercurran17@eircom.net> wrote in message news:cUiIf.5957$j7.214198@news.indigo.ie... >I know this probably sounds completely ...

Windows installer runs when opening Office 2003
I have both Office 2003 and Office 2007 installed on my XP Pro machine. Office 2007 is working just fine, but in the past month or so I see the Windows Installer preparing to install message every time I start Word, Excel, Access, or Publishing 2003. All four programs open after a minute or so; in Word I get an error message: "An error occurred and this feature is no longer functioning properly. Please run setup and select Repair." The other three programs do not display such a message. I have not installed Powerpoint 2003. I have tried running Setup from my Office 2...

Outlook 2003 W /Exchange 2003
I upgraded to Outlook 2003 and my messages don't appear as soon as they hit my mailbox like they did with Outlook 2002. It is as if it is behaving like a pop server where it checks the exchange box every x minutes. Is there a way to make it behave like 2002. FYI: I have a blackberry enterprise server and I get my e- mail meesage on my Blackberry before they are visible in Outlook 2003. It was not like this with Outlook 2002 Sounds like you are running in cached mode. You would have to disable cached mode in order to fall back to a "traditional" connection. (cached mode p...

Outlook 2003 performance and activity log
I've Outlook 2003 connected to an Exchange 2000 server I need to monitor Outlook performance accessing to the Exchange mailbox and 2000 public folder. Often I got the red exclamation mark on Outlook icon in system tray to explain that Outlook doesn't respond (I think it's trying to retrieve Exchange 2000 data). Is there any tool client or server side tolog/track the activity ? Thanks Sergio ...

Access 07 much slower than 2000/2003, multi user
three new PC withh access 2007 trial and an exsiting access 2000 mdb on a network share. Performance is slower but acceptable OK with one user, with additin users (up to 3) it becomes very slow. record scrolling is slow but the main problem is adding records. When typing in the edit boxes it can take > 1 sec for the text to appear, same database saved in 2002/3 format works with any delay in typing or scrolling. Office 07 SP1 installed, and previous versions of the office removed when testing 07. Did same tests with linked tables to sql2005, same results. ...

Server 2003 / Office 2003
I have just upgraded our office to a new 2003 server environment from a XP workgroup environment . I have also upgraded our MS office package to Office 2003 from 2000. Everything seems okay aprt from one thing. On one computer with multiple local profiles; Outlook is pulling an installed .pst for one of the profiles into all the other profiles on that one machine. The other profiles as yet don't have pst's as they are new, but outlook shouldnt be should sharing the pst around., should it? If I remebr rightly each time outlook opens it shoul only see that profiles .pst from under the ...

Value Y axis label is cut off
I can't figure out how to increase the "text box" around the Y axis label. In the display, it shows the entire word, but in the actual chart, the last letter of the word is cut off. It appears that I can only move the position of the entire label, but I'm not able to stretch the label so that it includes the entire text. I tried putting a couple spaces after the text in the Title field in the Chart Options screen, but this didn't help. Example: The Y axis label is "Annual Return" and it looks like it says "Annual Returr" due to the "n" b...

Draw/Change Autoshape to custom autoshape for a comment
I insert a comment, and then "show" it. On the drawing toolbar, I hit draw/change autoshape and choose one. Is there a way to make some custom autoshapes that will show up in the list? ...

2003 trial version one year off
I downloaded money 2K3 trial version and the date it has for "todays date" July 21 2002, and since its a trial version it wont let me enter any transactions for this year is there any way to fix this, I dont want to go out and buy it because my computer is in the shop right now so I only need this till it gets fixed, also if any body knows how to how i can get my version (2K2) of money off of my emachines restore disk so I can load it on my temp computer that would be great thanks The today's date is actually your system date. Click on the time in your system tray to c...

Filtering Addresses for labels
Can anyone tell me the best way to filter addresses and then print them to labels or steer me to the appropriate info? I recently download the Avery wizard which seems to have installed itself across my entire office suite but what's the best way to filter the address you actually want to print. I have Access installed, should I export to that or can I achieve what I want within Outlook. Thanks Stephen Start the mail merge from Outlook. Select the Contacts you want, then merge to those Contacts. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Stephen" <stephen.mailnet@btinternet...

Excell 2003
I have a spreadsheet that ends at Q24..is there anyway that all the cells after Q24 are not shown. I think what I am trying to accomplish is saving option but I am not sure Thanks for any help One way: Type 25:65536 in the Name box (at the left end of the formula bar). Hit enter to select the rows. Choose Format/Rows/Hide. Type R:IV in the Name box. Hit Enter. Choose Format/Columns/Hide In article <797C5100-4F9B-40E7-B056-506DB6203E46@microsoft.com>, "Missy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a spreadsheet that ends at Q24..is t...

Support for Windows Server 2003 ?
I was told that MS will stop supporting Windows Server 2003 by June 2010 !? Is it really true ? There are sooooo many applications that are not W2K8 ready. TIA Hello TIA, No, only Windows server 2003 without SPs mainstream support ends, the extended support is still available. See here for more details: 2003: http://support.microsoft.com/lifecycle/?LN=en-us&p1=3198&x=15&y=13 2003 R2 http://support.microsoft.com/lifecycle/search/default.aspx?sort=PN&alpha=windows+server+2003+R2&Filter=FilterNO Windows server 2000 will end this year: http://suppo...

Custom Forms from Previous Versions
I created some custom forms in Outlook 2000 for our network. Most of our client computers still use Outlook 2000, however some have migrated to Outlook 2003. One or two of the custom forms created in 2000 are unuseable in 2003? Not all. It seems to be the larger of the custom forms. What needs to be done to use previous version custom forms? I cannot even open the form in 2003 to try and edit. Thanks. ...

Inserting X-headers in Exchange 2003
In order to use our StrongMail MTA we need to insert X-headers in messages (to determine the sending IPs). Is is possible to insert X-headers in MS Exchange 2003? ...

Report Manager for Excel 2003?
In Excel 2003, is there an add-in available equivalent to Report Manager in Excel 2002? Never mind ... a little more research gave me the answer. My apologies. "Excellent" wrote: > In Excel 2003, is there an add-in available equivalent to Report Manager in > Excel 2002? ...

Exchange 2003: Free/busy problem
Hi, All of a sudden as of a couple of days ago, when anyone in my exchange org tries to invite people to a meeting, a message displays when they try to check the other person's availability that says "No free/busy information could be retrieved" What I noticed that may have changed is that the public folder that apparently used to house this information is gone. So I followed instructions on microsoft's website to reset the system folders. Once that was done, I restarted the info store on all the servers in the admin group... but I still get the "no free/busy&...

Access 2003 Table Problem
Our database has stopped storing new records. We have 912 records in a simple one table access database and new records can be typed in but are not stored. This happens when typed into the table or input through the input screen form. I can't see any table properties restricting the number of records. Anyone got any ideas I could try? Thanks On Tue, 15 Jan 2008 06:28:02 -0800, puzzled1 <puzzled1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Our database has stopped storing new records. We have 912 records in a simple >one table access database and new records can be typed in but a...

HELP needed
Hi I have created two custom attributes in Contact, published the customizations, created an email template and inserted them in the body. Created a workflow rule to send an email. Mail sends ok, but the custom fields ate not instantiated (they are empty). Standard attributes are ok.. Please give me some help. I published aggain... nothing happens Thanks ...

Outlook 2003 does not automatically send receive
I have Office 2003 pro on a machine running Win XP pro. Outlook 2003 does not automatically send and receive on connect nor every 5 min as set. It does send and receive on clicking send and receive all or pressing on F9. The box in Tools -> Options -> Mail Setup -> Send/Receive is checked. Firewalls (Windows and Antivirus) are disabled. The computer talks to my other computers and to the Internet via D-Link router with a firewall. Any suggestions? Have already spend hours trying to fix it. JanAdam Do you have an automated polling interval set? You might want to up your interva...

Works in 2003 but not 2007
When I reference the below function in 2003 I get function displayed... now in 2007 I get #NAME? Any idea what I need to change/set in 2007 so it will run this function? Function formulaText(x As Range) 'returns the text equivalent of formula in upper left cell in range x 'example: =formulatext(a1) returns the formula found in cell a1 of active worksheet 'example: =formulatext(a1:b5) returns the formula found in cell a1 of active worksheet formulaText = x.Cells(1, 1).Formula End Function Thanks, Mark Mark, It works fine for me. Are you stored in a stan...

XL 03 vs XL 97
Is the newer version of XL that much better than 97? I have a copy of Office '03 Student and Teacher edition, but have never bothered to install it. Are the improvements in it actually worth the effort to mess with it? There are several improvements, but not very spectacular ones. The next version of Excel (due late 2006) will be the biggest change since many years. See http://blogs.msdn.com/excel/default.aspx -- Kind regards, Niek Otten "Adam Kroger @hotmail.com>" <adam_kroger<nospam> wrote in message news:wNednQFttM0wajreRVn-rw@comcast.com... > Is ...

Outlook 2003 acquiring multiple instances of a message store
Hi, I've been working on a project involving a MAPI message store provider and I've noticed some peculiar behaviour with Outlook 2003. Specifically it seems that Outlook invokes the MSProviderInit() function on three separate occasions, and I'd like to understand why. The first two invocations occur directly after I access the message store for the first time. The third occurs some (indeterminate) time later (normally between 15 and 20 seconds after Outlook is launched). What on earth is it doing? Why does Outlook 2003 require three separate instances of a message store. This fun...

2003 News Reader gone!
I installed 2003 - noticed that IE News Reader no longer functioned - suspected 2003 Outlook and found the answer in Outlook Help. Set up News per Help and everything worked great. Rebooted computer and all reference to News as disapeared from Menu, the link I added to the Standard Toolbar, and the Try This >To get the News command back, go back to the Programs tab in Control Panel, |> Internet Options and change the default newsreader to Outlook Express. If > OE prompts you to make it your default newsreader the next time you launch > it, click the "Don't ask me a...

Exchange Server 2003 and Outlook 2003
I'm part of a small company looking to share our contacts, calendars, and Journals across outlook 2003. The problem is in order to do this you must have Exchange server. How hard is it for a small business of 25 to set up exchange server and what type of hardware / software are we looking at? Brent <bwilson@azteca.com> wrote: > I'm part of a small company looking to share our contacts, calendars, > and Journals across outlook 2003. The problem is in order to do this > you must have Exchange server. How hard is it for a small business of > 25 to set up exchange serve...