x y axis swap

Can anybody tell me how to swap the x & y axis?
0
cscultho (1)

Hi Chris,
1)Right click in the Chart Area (the white border on the chart)
2)Select he Source Data item from the popup menu
3)Open the Series tab
4)Note the item X-value ....Sheet1$A$10...<red thing>
Click the red thing, select the read x-values with mouse, click the red
thing again
OR carefully type the correct cell references for the x-values
5) Repeat step 4 for y-values.

Note you can do the same thing while making the chart: follow instructions 3
and 4 at Step 2 of Chart Wizard

Best wishes
Bernard

"Chris" <cscultho@ford.com> wrote in message
> Can anybody tell me how to swap the x & y axis?

0
bliengme (657)
7/25/2003 5:45:30 PM
If this is something that you do frequently, Jon Peltier has a file that
  you can download, to automate the process:

   http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/Charts/axes.html#SwitchXY

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd (439)

"Sending messages x of x" in Outlook 2007 status bar
Hello, When I send a message in Outlook 2007, appears "sending message x of x" where x is greater than 1. I read that it seems automatic responses, but automatic responses are deactivated. Any idea? Thanks for your time, Thunder It's a bug in outlook- x-1 should = the number of email accts in your profile. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Ex...

Secondary Axis chart
I need to create a chart with two axis. I want both the data series to be displayed as columns on the same graph. So far I have only been able to a secondary axis chart with a column and line - by going to custom charts in 'type of chart'. Anyone know how I can make both the data series appear as columns? I have also tried going to the Format menu, clicking on Selected Data Series and then clicking Secondary axis on the Axis tab. This makes one series go in front of the other though and I can't get them to go side by side so you can see both series. (Hope that made sen...

Macro to show only rows with X
How would I write a script or macro to display rows that have and x in "A" and hide all other rows? Thank you With data starting in ColA; try Cells.AutoFilter Field:=1, Criteria1:="=x" -- Jacob (MVP - Excel) "Jeremy" wrote: > How would I write a script or macro to display rows that have and x in "A" > and hide all other rows? > > > Thank you Option Explicit Sub Remove_Unwanted_Rows() Dim rng As Range Dim cell, RowArray As Range Set rng = ActiveSheet.Range(Cells(1, "A"), Cells(Rows.Count, &qu...

Upgrade from Mac Office 2004 to Office X?
Hi everyone, I've been running Mac Office 2004 and I want to upgrade it to Office X. Do I really have to buy the complete version of Office X to do this, or can I just buy the Office X upgrade? The reason I ask is that from what I've been able to research, the Office X upgrade only allows you to upgrade from Office 2001 but not from Office 2004. Am I correct about this? And if I am correct, does anyone know why Microsoft would have implemented such a policy? Thanks in advance to anyone who can help! Kind regards, Jeff Wait! don't answer that. just realized 2004 is the upgrad...

active X control
I have a calandar (active x control) on my form. Does anyone know how to link/sync it to a bound control; i.e., when a user chooses a date control, the calandar appears, and when a date is selected it populates into the requisite field. alex Try this: http://www.datastrat.com/Download/XCalendar2K.zip -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com "alex" <sql_aid@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1182963470.109302.283780@q75g2000hsh.googlegroups.com... >I have a calandar (active x control) on my form. > Does anyo...

Macro to change X-axis scale has errors
I've read and studied code from a number of posts on this subject but my "newbie" macro code has errors. I have the minimumscale value and maximumscale value (entered by the user) stored in Sheet1 at $E$2 and $F$2. My chart is in Sheet2. This is my complete macro: Sub ChangeXAxisScale() ' ' ChangeXAxisScale Macro ' With Worksheets("Sheet2") With ActiveChart.Axes(1, 1) .MinimumScale = Range("$E$2").Value .MaximumScale = Range("$F$2").Value End With End With End Sub I know I am missing s...

Horizontal axis in middle of chart
Hi, I have a line graph where the vertical axis goes from -15 to 30. The horizontal labels then appear in the middle of the chart where the zero line is, how can I get the labels to be below the chart on the -15 line? I am using excel 2007. Thank You Stephen Steve, This answer for Excel 2002, but I doubt it's changed in 2007. First right-click the Y axis, most easily done by right-clicking one of its labels. Select Format Axis. In the "Category axis crosses axis at" box put a very negative number, more negative than any you'd ever expect. -- Earl Kiosterud www.s...

unable to use ip literals user@[x.x.x.x]
hello everybody. my exchange server 5.5 had an open relay which has now been fixed. but the IP address of my mail server got listed in www.dsbl.org. and now i am not able to send mails to our branch office which uses the list of www.dsbl.org to get rid of spam mails.now i need an address postmaster@[x.x.x.x] to receive a confirmation email from dsbl.org. i did everything that the following miscrosoft site says. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en- us;193316 but still i am not able to receive mails at postmaster@ [x.x.x.x]. i tested this by sending a mail to this ID ...

numbers on chart axis showing twice
Axis on the pivot chart are showing up twice. Probably the spacing is 0.5 but the numbers are formatted to show only whole numbers. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com _______ "mary" <mary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A0871493-036B-4ECF-B3A3-6705676A39BB@microsoft.com... > Axis on the pivot chart are showing up twice. ...

Office v.x Word
When creating mailing labels I am unable to print. I can preview page layout under data merge manager and print the page. But when I complete the merge to new document and then print it seems to be sending somewhere other than my printer. This merge file was created in word 98. I recreated in v.x and it still does not print the labels. Could it have something to do with entrouge. Help please!!!! I am new to OSx I just upgraded from 0S 8, I know behind the times. Thanks, Signal Hi When you use File > Print you can select which printer (if you have more than one) from the dialo...

Active X Pop-up???
Blank How does one delete MS Internet Explorer "Active X" pop-up message?? Thnxxxx........Rudy By asking in an IE newsgroup, perhaps? "Rudy" <rucan70@comcast.net> wrote in message news:hrupjk$tnn$1@news.eternal-september.org... : Blank How does one delete MS Internet Explorer "Active X" pop-up : message?? Thnxxxx........Rudy : : Rudy wrote: > Blank How does one delete MS Internet Explorer "Active X" pop-up > message?? Thnxxxx........Rudy What did you find when reviewing the ...

Framework X error
I am getting this message when I open Office X programs: "An unexpected error occured while trying to load the Microsoft Framework X library" There are users on the ibook. This happens under student where much is locked out. I checked permissions for the user data folders in the users Document folder and these are ok. Any Ideas? Thanks in Advance norm On 8/6/03 1:08 PM, in article 6c46d36e.0308061208.4faa16ce@posting.google.com, "Norm" <gwaltnen@mail.ips.k12.in.us> wrote: > I am getting this message when I open Office X programs: > > "An unexpecte...

How to have value scales on x and y axes?
I cannot find how to do a simple graph of y versus x where I can set the scale of both the x axis and the y axis. In my attempts, it appears that only one axis eg the y axis can have actual "values" shown on the axis. Although the data is graphed as the y values versus the x values, the scale cannot be set on the x axis as it is a "category" axis - so that the labels along the x axis are for example "1", "2", "3"....where this means "Point 1", "Point 2", "Point 3".....though the actual values of those poin...

Oulook has small red "x" in left hand corner, can't get new emails
I messed around with the Windows firewall a couple of nights ago (trying to get rid of alg.exe) and ever since I haven't been able to get new emails and every time I open outlook I get that small red x in the system tray. I did a system restore but that didn't seem to help. It's a Dell Latitude D600 if that makes any difference and I'm running XP Go back to your Windows Firewall settings and make sure you have an exception set for Outlook. -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com Microsoft OneNote FAQ: http://www.f...

Putting a label on the x-axis of a column graph
For a column graph with 2 columns for each month, how do I get a label to appear for each of the 2 column groups (ie show Mar Apr May repeatedly for 4 different groups)? I'd like to see an x-axis like below: 2 columns each month --------------------------------------------- Mar Apr May Mar Apr May Mar Apr May Thanks, AL If you can figure out a little 8th grade algebra (where's an 8th grader when you need one?), you can use an example like this to apply custom labels wherever you want: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ArbitraryAxis.html Basically, you hide the ...

2-4 stacked bar graphs, two variables each, Y's vary same chart
An example of what I want to do on one chart would be if I wanted to do bar graphs of male and female attendance for 5 months for two or more classes. The X axes are all the same, with the categories of 5 months eg jan-May) . There would be two bars (male and female attendance) for each month on all of the graphs . The Y's might be different for each class. I want them all on the same chart. (I have spend 5 frustrating hours trying to figure out how to do this! I already have my data in separate charts, but have the source data). I shall be so grateful if someone can help me do th...

Excel X for MacOS X
I haven't used it that much and am having trouble locating the Control Toolbar. Also, there is no Toggle button on the forms pallette...anyone have any idea where these are?! :confused: --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Josiah - You are likely to get the best Mac advice in microsoft.public.mac.office.excel - Mike ...

Chart adds in extra date values on the X axis
Good afternoon - just wondering if anyone can help. I'm plotiing a range of data where the X-axis cells contain dates. I'm trying to plot a cumulative line where the number of items processed each day is the same, so the line will be straight. However, I'm only going to be working Monday-Friday, and there's a bank Holiday coming up, so I won't have items processed on every day. So, I11 contains Thu 01 May, J11 contains Fri 02 May, K11 contains Tue 6th of May. The problem I have is that the resultant chart is adding the missing dates to the X-Axis, so instead of a st...

slow performance making x y graphs
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I am having problem with Excel in Office 2008. I am trying to use a spreadsheet with approximately 6700 rows and columns A through &quot;BN&quot;. When I tried to generate a X Y plot in this file, I get a spinning beach ball for several minutes and sometimes the plot will go through, other times the program hangs and I have to force quit to exit. <br><br>I saved the file in a format that can be read by Excel Office X version and the older version handled the graphs without problem. I've ...

WLM 2011 15.x.x.x slow initial load up after exiting
G'day WLM seems to be getting sluggish on initial load up. I am keeping inbox entries to about a dozen as a full inbox used to make OE sluggish. Currently archiving mail to various folders off the inbox folder [ only 1 email a/c] If I rebuilt the archive tree below storage? and removed the current archive would this help? I may yet get Outlook 2010 with office 2010 Im not that enraptured about WLM - it works ... graham ...

Entourage X emails not seen in Inbox
Yesterday all of a sudden in Entourage X I could not see the messages in the Inbox. I can see the messages in the Sent Items, Deleted Items, and Stored Email Messages. What do I need to do to see what is in the Inbox. Should I just copy Entourage from the DVD? Thanks. I have been messing around with it. Now it doesn't open at all. Now what do I do? Thanks On 1/15/10 9:17 AM, in article C775E314.65A2%sdw2512@earthlink.net, "Stanley Williams" <sdw2512@earthlink.net> wrote: > Yesterday all of a sudden in Entourage X I could not see the messages in the >...

Function f(lb,x,ub); equivalent to min(ub,max(lb,x)); ?
Is there a (mfc) library function like f(lb,x,ub); that will return the value of x if it is in range, else the bound x exceeded? It would be equivalent to min(ub,max(lb,x)); but faster and not a macro? I think I would use it a lot. :) TIA, Harvey On 25 Feb 2007 23:57:20 -0800, "Harvey" <harveyab@juno.com> wrote: >Is there a (mfc) library function like f(lb,x,ub); that will return >the value of x if it is in range, else the bound x exceeded? It would >be equivalent to min(ub,max(lb,x)); but faster and not a macro? I >think I would use it a lot. :) >TIA, >Har...

Formula (x) seconds for widget
Well... i guess you can try, "=sum(60*60/171). Since there's 60 minutes in an hour; and there's 60 seconds in a minute; divide it with 171. Since you didn't reply to the thread, I guess we'll never know what the question is and the poster will never know what your answer was. I guess the subject title was also changed. Ok, saw the original question, and it got answered, your answer dropped the word "for" out of the subject confusing things even more. Some helpful hints for working with the Excel newsgroups: Hints for New Posters http://www.cpearso...

Run a macro x time in a row
Hello there, another dumb question. I want to run the macro x times in a row, lets say 10 times for instance, what code should I add ? Thanks a lot for your help Daniel Hi Daniroy, Try something like: Public Sub Tester() Dim i as Long For i = 1 to 10 Call MyMacro Next i End Sub --- Regards, Norman <daniroy@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1123227839.434444.189490@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hello there, > > another dumb question. I want to run the macro x times in a row, lets > say 10 times for instance, what code should I add ? > &g...

Truncated y axis work-around
I have the very frustrating abve problem on my lap top. It displays OK on my desktop. I can't fix it by changing my screen resolution as microsoft suggest, however, fortunately, it prints OK. I work around this my adding a bunch of spaces at the end and then a "." I have heard that you can hide the "." by coloring it the same as the background. How do you format the text in this box individually, ie I can change the font and color for the whole line, but not one letter. I would also like to add a symbol ie ug/ml with the microgram symbol. How can I add this...